Tablets to Replace Car DVD Monitors?
For the same price, I'm thinking about getting two cheap tablets to use for entertainment. Plus you can do the benefit of games and stuff too. I would get two 9" tablets, two headrest mount holders, and two long usb cables to keep them constantly charged. What I want to do is convert all of our dvd's to digital movie files (I already have the convertor...each dvd is about 4 GB of space when converted). Seems like you can choose what type of file, I've only tried MPEG 4 though.
Questions I have:
- Would a cheap tablet be able to do video playback? Any cheap brand better than the others?
- Is there a specific format the movie files need to be in?
- Any specific video player or app to use on the tablets?
- Any way to get the movie files smaller than 4 GB each? It would only take a few to max out a 32 GB card....
- Is there a problem with this approach? I imagine there's many others that do this as well...