Note, to create an account, input the required information and then click 'Create My Account'. For existing users, you may create a new account using the same email, just create a new username when filling in the information for a new account
- Federal: $9.99
- State: $4.99
Editor's Notes & Price Research
See forum thread for more details and discussion.
TaxAct Plus Bundle (Federal & State) $14.98
- Federal: $9.99
- State: $4.99
- Multiple import options to save time
- Transfer vital personal data from last year's tax return, including information required for IRS e-file. Plus, minimize errors by importing charitable donations, stocks, W-2s, and more!
- Reduce your audit risk with TaxAct Alerts
- TaxAct inspects your return for errors and omissions that could increase your risk of an audit, and finds valuable tax-saving opportunities you may have missed.
- Finds all your credits & deductions
- Maximize your deductions and minimize your taxes with TaxAct Plus. All the forms & features you need are included so you get your guaranteed maximum refund
- Perfect for your unique situation
- Get the biggest tax breaks from your mortgage interest, investments and more. If you own a home, have investments, or made charitable donations, TaxAct Plus has the forms and tools for your specific tax situation.
- More info here
In regards to above, The free version does not include schedules C,D, or E. Those require a paid product.
This is $14.98 for TaxAct Plus Federal & State, which is the same price to their regular $14.99.
(E-filing is included with those prices)
Available for New & Returning users.
returning Users, see post #89 Create a new account using a different email address, and it should give you the promo price. reusing the same email address as last year (even with a different user name) is a no-go.
(Full) price comparison http://thecollegeinves
I was able to reuse the same account as last year for this deal. I had previously logged in to that account and must have pulled up enough of the 2015 return for it to redirect me to continue that return at $15 federal + $15 state when clicking OPs link. I deleted that barely started 2015 return and then I was able to start a new 2015 return with the $10 + $5 price using the OP's link. Here's how to delete an unfinished 2015 return to allow you to start over with the discounted price:
- Click My Return in the top right
- Click Manage My Returns
- Click Continue to My Account
- Click the down arrow next to the full-priced entry under the 2015 returns section.
- Click Delete Return
- Now after logging in to your account, open the OP's link and you should be able to lock in the $15 price
Note: Several people have posted this question and nobody has answered so here is the common answer: the $15 special is for Online Only version. It is not for the Download version. However, there is a promotion code for 20% so the downloaded Version of "TaxAct 2015 Plus Edition" which is $29.99 can be bought for $23.99
Thanks to Retailmenot
20% off promotion code "MARCHSAVE"