- Tues 1/19 @ 5pm - Paid $80.55 on Dell.com for Logitech combo
- Tues 1/19 @ 6pm - created Claim for $45 mail-in rebate
- Thur 1/21 @ 1pm - UPS delivers to IA - faster than Amazon Prime 2-day shipping. Impressive, Dell.com
- Thur 1/21 @ 5pm - cut out UPC and mailed-in with rebate form and invoice.
- Thur 1/28 @ 6am - got an email "Claim Received" with link to a nice status page. Screenshot attached to this post.
- Sun 1/31 @ 6am - got an email "Claim Rejected" due to invoice
- Mon 2/1 - Updated feedback with this NEGATIVE below
- Mon 2/1 - Searched forum to figure out the monkey business for jumping through the hoop. Turned out to be requesting a specific invoice from Dell that otherwise is not shared with you. When I first tried to request it I received an error. When I tried later I was able to print the invoice and save as PDF.
- Mon 2/1 - Got special invoice from Dell, printed, sent second envelope.
- Sat 2/13 - Received Confirmation email, "Rebate Processed" to be mailed in 5-7 weeks.
* Currently waiting to receive $45 mastercard.
* Rebate stated it would expire in a few days. If committing to a rebate worth a Ulysses then expect stringent deadlines to filter people out.
* I was given a $25 dell.com promo that was about to expire. $80 - $45 rebate - $25 promo card = $10 for a nice wireless mouse and keyboard to give.