- Solid Gold (pictured)
- 5.5" 1280x720 AMOLED display
- 1.3GHz Mediatek MT6753 Octo-core processor
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB Internal Storage
- MicroSD card slot (up to 64GB)
- 13MP rear + 5MP front facing cameras
- Dual SIM card capability
- 3150mAh Li-Ion battery (removable)
- Android 5.1 Lollipop (planned upgrade to 6.0 Marshmallow)
No longer available:
Editor's Notes & Price Research
- Note, this unlocked GSM device is only compatible with GSM carriers such as AT&T, T-Mobile and their partner MVNO service providers.
- Not compatible with CDMA-based networks such as Verizon or Sprint ~RevOne
BLU Vivo XL 2016. It was just announced at CES at the beginning of the month. It has a 5.5" 720p Super AMOLED display, a 1.3GHz Octa-core Mediatek MT6753 processor, a 13MP camera on the back and 5MP on the front, 16GB of storage, 2GB of RAM, 4G, Wi-Fi, and a nice 3150mAh battery with USB Type-C charging and MediaTek's Fast Charging support. At its MSRP of $149.99, the Vivo XL is a really good deal, but at $99.99, it's just a steal.
The phone only has a patterned metallic back and not a unibody construction, and it ships with Lollipop 5.1 (with Marshmallow promised to come soon), but we're talking about less than a hun'ned here. That's some fantastic value for your money, whether you just want it as a second device or you're buying it for a kid or relative.
The discount is live on Best Buy and shipping is free. You can grab the Midnight Blue or Solid Gold color options at the $99.99 price. If I were you, I'd make up my mind pretty fast because we're not sure how long the offer will be available for.
The phone is unlocked and will work with any GSM carrier.
Midnight Blue: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/blu-v...l4kQgGbRow
Solid Gold: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/blu-v...sG3vLjdfGA
-No LTE band 5 (supposedly used by AT&T in areas with no band 17 coverage, can use an app like LTE Discovery to find out if your area uses band 5)
-Capacitive navigation buttons are not illuminated (however there is a dedicated multi-color notification LED)