- Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 1.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB Internal Memory
- 5" 1280x720 Display w/ 8MP Rear Camera
- 4G LTE
- Windows Phone 8.1
Editor's Notes & Price Research
Great Deal and can be unlocked for free. Can also be flashed with Tmobile Rom to enable wifi calling, Band 12, and visual voicemail.
Also available on Ebay through BestBuy http://www.ebay.com/itm/AT-T-GoPh...SwnipWXe
8GB internal storage but can add up to 128gb MicroSD card
How to Unlock:
DO NOT power on the device with the AT&T Sim Card inside.
You DO NOT need to open the box to request an unlock code. IMEI information is on the bottom label.
1. Go to below link and Accept terms and click Continue
2. It is very important to select "Non-AT&T Mobility customer"
3. Provide Basic details , IMEI and email address.
4. You you'll immediately receive email, YOU HAVE TO CONFIRM via the link in email.
5. Wait for your Unlock code to be delivered in email within 48 hrs.
No sim needed in the phone at all to call up the unlock screen.
However inserting a NON-AT&T Sim will automatically bring up the unlock screen.
Again, DO NOT turn on the phone, remove the ATT sim before anything. Now you are safe.
1. Boot the phone, get past first "No Sim" error by closing.
2. Tap the "Phone" icon to bring up Sim error again and close again.
3. You can now access the dial pad, dial ##7820# and you will get the
unlock screen. Enter Unlock Code and hit enter.
4. Wait about a minute or so... you should then see the "Unlocked" padlock screen.
5. Reboot the phone. You are done. You can redial the ##7820# to verify it is still unlocked
How to de-brand ATT Lumia 640 LTE (Flash T-Mobile ROM)
Credit: anubis23 (xda-developers)
Disclaimer: This method may brick your phone! Back up all data. I am not responsible if you break your phone. Use the steps below at your own discretion! Please be careful.
Supports all bands used by T-Mobile, including LTE band 12 (700bc).
For international use, 4 of 5 WCDMA bands are covered (missing 900MHz). LTE band 7 is supported, used in Europe and elsewhere, but with a lot of foreign LTE bands missing you should expect it to connect on WCDMA when overseas.
GSM network: 850MHz, 900MHz, 1800MHz, 1900MHz
WCDMA network: Band 1 (2100MHz), Band 2 (1900 MHz), Band 4 (1700/2100 MHz), Band 5 (850MHz)
LTE FDD network10: Band 17 (700MHz), Band 2 (1900MHz), Band 4 (1700/2100 MHz), Band 5 (850MHz), Band 7 (2600MHz), Band 28 (700MHz), Band 12 (700MHz)
Update on 2/2/16- Below instructions received from ATT:
Ten unsuccessful unlock attempts permanently locks the device to the AT&T network.
1. Switch the device off.
2. Remove the AT&T SIM card.
3. Insert a non-AT&T SIM card.
4. Switch the device on. If prompted, enter the SIM PIN code.
5. Wait for the SIM unlock window to open.
6. Enter the unlock code provided (8 or 20 digits) and press Enter.
7. Power the device off.
8. Power the device on. The device is unlocked.
I requested the unlock code as "Non-AT&T Mobility customer"