Alternatively, Best Buy.com has AT&T GoPhone Nokia Lumia 640 No-Contract Smartphone on sale for $29.99. Pickup in-store where stock permits, otherwise shipping is free for orders $35 or more. Thanks techHunter [Discuss]
Alternatively, Walmart has AT&T Pre-Paid Nokia Lumia 640 No-Contract Smartphone for $29.88. Select free store pickup where stock permits to save on shipping. Thanks jaadugar [Discuss]
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 1.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB Internal Memory
- 5" 1280x720 Display w/ 8MP Rear Camera
- 4G LTE
- Windows Phone 8.1
Editor's Notes & Price Research
Students may qualify for additional 10% Off using Education Discount by clicking here and following on-screen prompts. -slickdewmaster
Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 1.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
8GB Internal Memory
5" 1280x720 IPS Display w/ 8MP Rear Camera
4G LTE Speed
Windows Phone 8.1 (Upgradable to Win 10)
Lumia 640 (AT&T Go Phone)
Alternatively, Best Buy has AT&T Pre-Paid Nokia Lumia 640 No-Contract Smartphone for $30. Select free store pickup if stock permits to save on shipping. Thanks TechHunter [discuss]
Alternatively, Walmart has AT&T Pre-Paid Nokia Lumia 640 No-Contract Smartphone for $29.88. Select free store pickup if stock permits to save on shipping. Thanks jaadugar [discuss]
How to unlock this phone:
1. Do not turn the phone on, don't even open the box.
2. Go to this web site: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/?#/
3. Check I have read and agree to the eligibility requirements to unlock my device.
4. This is super important, check Non-AT&T Mobility Customer
5. Fill out the form, including the IMEI number which is located on the Box
7. You will be sent an email with a link to confirm
8. Open your email and confirm
9. Anywhere from 1 hour to 48 hours you will be given an unlock code. It took 8 hours for me to receive mine.
10. Open up the box, put in your SIM from your Carrier and turn it on.
11. You will be prompted for the unlock code
12. Put it in and continue.
De-Brand [ATT] Lumia 640 LTE for T-Mobile WiFi calling and Band 12 LTE
Copied from prior deal, since the same questions are being asked over and over.
How to unlock, :
*** Do not turn on the phone with SIM card with which phone came or below steps may not work**
*****DO NOT OPEN THE BOX---THE NEEDED INFO IS ON A LABEL ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE BOX****
1. Go to below link and Accept terms and click Continue
2. It is very important to select "Non-AT&T Mobility customer"
3. Provide Basic details , IMEI and email address.
4. You you'll immediately receive email, YOU HAVE TO CONFIRM via the link in email.
5. Wait for your Unlock code to be delivered in email within 48 hrs.
There have been reports of 'generic'(gmail,ymail,hotmail) email addresses getting rejected. Use a non-generic(work ,edu) address if possible.
No sim needed in the phone at all to call up the unlock screen.
DO not turn on the phone, remove the ATT sim before anything. Now you are safe.
Boot the phone, get past first "No Sim" error by closing.
Tap the "Phone" icon to bring up Sim error again and close again.
You can now access the dial pad, dial ##7820# and you will get the
unlock screen. Enter Unlock Code and hit enter.
Wait about a minute or so... you should then see the "Unlocked" padlock screen.
Reboot the phone. You are done. You can redial the ##7820# to verify it is still unlocked
How to de-brand ATT Lumia 640 LTE (Flash T-Mobile ROM)
**added that there are many reports of Wi-Fi calling not working and band 12 not working**
Credit: anubis23 (xda-developers)
Disclaimer: This method may brick your phone! Back up all data. I am not responsible if you break your phone. Use the steps below at your own discretion! Please be careful.
Supports all bands used by T-Mobile, including LTE band 12 (700bc).
For international use, 4 of 5 WCDMA bands are covered (missing 900MHz). LTE band 7 is supported, used in Europe and elsewhere, but with a lot of foreign LTE bands missing you should expect it to connect on WCDMA when overseas.
GSM network: 850MHz, 900MHz, 1800MHz, 1900MHz
WCDMA network: Band 1 (2100MHz), Band 2 (1900 MHz), Band 4 (1700/2100 MHz), Band 5 (850MHz)
LTE FDD network10: Band 17 (700MHz), Band 2 (1900MHz), Band 4 (1700/2100 MHz), Band 5 (850MHz), Band 7 (2600MHz), Band 28 (700MHz), Band 12 (700MHz)
WILL NOT WORK FOR SPRINT AND VERIZON
This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.
Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.