- Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 1.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB Internal Memory
- 5" 1280x720 Display w/ 8MP Rear Camera
- 4G LTE
- Windows Phone 8.1
Editor's Notes & Price Research
There is a limit of 1 per customer.
No longer says "Backordered: Usually ships in 1-2 weeks".
"This item is limited to 1 per customer." if you try to change quantity to 2 in cart.
Shipping is $3.99, unless you have Elite or your order is $35+.
Also limit 1 on eBay:
Lots of info here:
Microsoft Lumia 640 vs (just announced) Microsoft Lumia 650
1. Go to below link and Accept terms and click Continue
2. It is very important to select "Non-AT&T Mobility customer"
3. Provide Basic details , IMEI and email address.
4. You you'll immediately receive email, YOU HAVE TO CONFIRM via the link in email.
5. Wait for your Unlock code to be delivered in email within 48 hrs.
There have been reports of 'generic'(gmail,ymail,hotmail) email addresses getting rejected. Use a non-generic(work ,edu) address if possible.
No sim needed in the phone at all to call up the unlock screen.
DO not turn on the phone, remove the ATT sim before anything. Now you are safe.
Boot the phone, get past first "No Sim" error by closing.
Tap the "Phone" icon to bring up Sim error again and close again.
You can now access the dial pad, dial ##7820# and you will get the
unlock screen. Enter Unlock Code and hit enter.
Wait about a minute or so... you should then see the "Unlocked" padlock screen.
Reboot the phone. You are done. You can redial the ##7820# to verify it is still unlocked
- SIM unlock is permanent, even after a hard reset
- If AT&T emails you saying Your request for device unlock requires additional research to determine eligibility, just ignore it, you don't have to do anything. AT&T will email the code later
- If ATT says "You haven't completed 6 months of paid service as a Prepaid/GoPhone(R) customer". Just ignore the it and resubmit the request. You can use the exact same email. No one knows why this happens
How to de-brand ATT Lumia 640 LTE (Flash T-Mobile ROM)
Credit: anubis23 (xda-developers)
Disclaimer: This method may brick your phone! Back up all data. I am not responsible if you break your phone. Use the steps below at your own discretion! Please be careful.
Supports all bands used by T-Mobile, including LTE band 12 (700bc).
For international use, 4 of 5 WCDMA bands are covered (missing 900MHz). LTE band 7 is supported, used in Europe and elsewhere, but with a lot of foreign LTE bands missing you should expect it to connect on WCDMA when overseas.
GSM network: 850MHz, 900MHz, 1800MHz, 1900MHz
WCDMA network: Band 1 (2100MHz), Band 2 (1900 MHz), Band 4 (1700/2100 MHz), Band 5 (850MHz)
LTE FDD network10: Band 17 (700MHz), Band 2 (1900MHz), Band 4 (1700/2100 MHz), Band 5 (850MHz), Band 7 (2600MHz), Band 28 (700MHz), Band 12 (700MHz)
Unlocking and flashing T-Mobile ROM will enable band 12 if you update the .nvi file. It is confirmed. (see post #337 on xda forum for commands to enable band 12)
Update (3/4/2016): It is now available again for store pickup at Bestbuy.
This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.
Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.