Your list of top 10 games (voting thread game). | Votes counted.
Thread DetailsLast Edited by Nikzilla90 September 18, 2016 at 07:49 AM
Lets turn the old tired top 10 lists into a thread game where I will tally all the votes in a month.
• Voting ends on April 7th 2016. You can edit/change your lists as much as possible, I will not count votes until the end date!
• If a game's DLC has scrolling credits, it gets its own position in the list. Game groupings will be broken up into descending release order.
• Do not put story spoilers in your explanations.
• Copy the list format below:
Quote :1. [+10 pt] GAME HERE
Mandatory: Explain why you chose your #1 game.
2. [+9 pt] GAME HERE
Optional: You can add more explanations for the rest of the games if you want.
3. [+8 pt] GAME HERE
4. [+7 pt] GAME HERE
5. [+6 pt] GAME HERE
6. [+5 pt] GAME HERE
7. [+4 pt] GAME HERE
8. [+3 pt] GAME HERE
9. [+2 pt] GAME HERE
10. [+1 pt] GAME HERE
I'll go first. I have been gaming since the 90s... started out with Super Mario Bros. on NES and slowly upgrading into each console generation thereafter. I do not believe "time of addiction" means a game is automatically better (eg. heroin is not a better drug than penicillin).
1. [+10 pt] The Last of Us
The drama is unparalleled even against movies; every character is believable. Enemy encounters are endlessly fun with its visceral combat... when you cannot stealth past the lifelike AI. The act of running by itself is more satisfying than any other game's running; though it is very therapeutic to walk and gawk at the gorgeous environments. And set-pieces do not need an airplane exploding to be the most memorable.
2. [+9 pt] God of War III
3. [+8 pt] Halo: Combat Evolved
4. [+7 pt] Halo 2
5. [+6 pt] Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
The only CoD campaign that I completed in one sitting.
6. [+5 pt] The Last of Us - Left Behind
7. [+4 pt] Alien: Isolation
The true sequel to Alien. Flickering CRT monitors are creepy as hell in space.
8. [+3 pt] Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction
The only SC campaign I could complete. No need to memorize all the guard patterns when you can bash-in the doors on guards. And fun missions made just for co-op.
9. [+2 pt] Burnout 3: Takedown
The best way to release pent-up anger: going 200mph. But the cheap rubber-banding makes you angrier so you play longer (clever developers)!
10. [+1 pt] Batman: Arkham Asylum
A spiritual successor to Batman: The Animated Series.
A revised list for next year's edition.
1. The Last of Us
2. Halo: Combat Evolved
3. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
4. Halo 2
5. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction
6. Alien: Isolation
7. The Last of Us - Left Behind
9. God of War III
10. Burnout 3: Takedown
11. Company of Heroes