Editor's Notes & Price Research
See forum thread for additional details and discussion.
TaxAct Premium Bundle (Federal + State) $10
Note, this was previously a popular deal at $24.99. Also, no refunds or price adjustments on returns already started or filed. Offer is valid through 3/26.
TaxAct Premium Bundle (Perfect for self-employed, contractors and freelancers) covers:
- Find all business credits and deductions (Schedules C & F)
- Maximize your deductions and minimize your taxes.
- Powerful depreciation tools to maximize deductions
- Easily report income, expenses and depreciation.
- Easily import and record capital gains
- Rapidly import your stock data or use Stock Assistant's quick-entry tools to save time and minimize errors.
Quote :1. Login (using OP's link TaxAct Premium Bundle)
2. Upper right hand corner, click on "My Return"
3. Click on "My Return Details"
4. Under "Payment Information," click on "My Return Fees"
You should see:
Your fee is $10.00 and includes your Federal and State Return. You will be billed for the bundle when you file your Federal, State, or Federal and State Returns together.
Quote :Under 2015 returns click on Pre-Register.
Try "my account", then "my taxes", then it should say 2015 returns, below that 2016 returns. The button is gone for me now, but it previously said "Pre Register" and I got a pop up for the $10 lock in
Free tax software from IRS for some qualified individuals
Here is some info which may help others:
I have been filing with TaxAct for past few years now, still I got this offer. I followed the link in OP and instead of Creating Account I clicked on Sign In in the upper right corner and signed in with my credentials (2015 return which I have already started working on). That created a new fresh return, in addition to the partial one I have been working on. So now, I have two 2015 returns on my account. I could use either of them. The newer one is with Premium type and showing $10 only. There is option to delete the second return I had. I also clicked on Preregister to register for the next year.
Note, if you are not seeing the above then after Signing In through the OP link sign out once and log back in again. On the Account Summary page it will show you one/two 2015 returns depending on your situation.