Forum Thread
Best Buy Discounts, Deals and Coupon Codes

Phone that will work on Sprint......

dnique1221 4,277 2,185 March 31, 2016 at 09:18 AM More Best Buy Deals
I am looking for a new phone for the wife. The camera on her phone died and now she cant take pics of our 2 year old daughter. Can ANYONE suggest a decent phone for her, that will work on Sprint? It doesnt need to be crazy as she doesnt do much with it. ANY help is great!

2 Comments

1

Sign up for a Slickdeals account to remove this ad.

#2
You have no choice other than buying a new/used Sprint device, or the following non-Sprint:

iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s (Verizon only), iPhone 5c (Verizon only), Motorola X Pure Edition (16, 32 & 64 GB – all colors), Nexus 6 (32 & 64 GB – black and white), Nexus 5 (16 & 32 GB – black, white and red), Nexus 5X (all versions), Nexus 6P (all versions), HTC One A9 (Sprint version only), iPad Air 2, iPad Air (Verizon only), iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2 (Verizon only) and iPad Pro.

95% phones you see on SD are either GSM devices (for TMobile or AT&T only), or Boost/Virgin/Sprint-prepaid that you can't use until after 6 months on prepaid. The other 5% are FreedomPop devices which you need to open an account with them and get them to release the ESN, and they're all pre-owned. But it's doable. Or look at the Nexus devices, but none of those is < $200.

So, you can pretty much stop asking "would this phone work on Sprint" on every phone thread now.
Reply Helpful Comment? 0 0
Last edited by HY-SD March 31, 2016 at 01:26 PM
Joined Nov 2010
L9: Master
4,277 Posts
2,185 Reputation
Original Poster
#3
Quote from HY-SD View Post :
You have no choice other than buying a new/used Sprint device, or the following non-Sprint:

iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s (Verizon only), iPhone 5c (Verizon only), Motorola X Pure Edition (16, 32 & 64 GB - all colors), Nexus 6 (32 & 64 GB - black and white), Nexus 5 (16 & 32 GB - black, white and red), Nexus 5X (all versions), Nexus 6P (all versions), HTC One A9 (Sprint version only), iPad Air 2, iPad Air (Verizon only), iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2 (Verizon only) and iPad Pro.

95% phones you see on SD are either GSM devices (for TMobile or AT&T only), or Boost/Virgin/Sprint-prepaid that you can't use until after 6 months on prepaid. The other 5% are FreedomPop devices which you need to open an account with them and get them to release the ESN, and they're all pre-owned. But it's doable. Or look at the Nexus devices, but none of those is < $200.

So, you can pretty much stop asking "would this phone work on Sprint" on every phone thread now.
thanks for the answer....miserable prick!
Reply Helpful Comment? 0 0
Page 1 of 1
1
Join the Conversation
Add a Comment
 
Copyright 1999 - 2016. Slickdeals, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Copyright / Infringement Policy  •  Privacy Policy  •  Terms of Service  •  Acceptable Use Policy (Rules)  •  Interest-Based Ads
Link Copied to Clipboard