Need an idea to stream video to a tv
Here's what I have
1) An android phone and an iphone - The issue with casting from the android phone is when I cast the screen, I have to stay on the video... I can't use the phone for anything else
2) 2 Chromecasts and a roku 3 player
What I'm thinking:
1) Figure out a way to cast from the phones and still be able to use it for other functions such as texting
2) Buy an inexpensive computer for each of my two tvs - If that's the case, I would need internet browsing for the xfinity streaming and an hdmi.. what options are available? Would it be more expensive to keep the computer on than just keeping the cable boxes?
3) Buy an inexpensive chromebook for each of the two tvs
I'm paying $10 for each box.. essentially, I'd like to get rid of 2, or even all 3....
Maybe I'm not considering other things like if someone is over and wants to watch tv while I am not home.... I don't know... Just trying to cut down the bills..
I've also considered Playstation Vue as an option....