The right gaming headset
I am looking to purchase a headset but find the google research so far exhausting and with little evidence to help draw a conclusion. Although opinion on here will vary as well, I think it would be a good place to start. I may not understand how the consoles really work with headsets so if I am requesting something that doesn't make sense, please educate.
Here is what I am looking for:
- A headset that works with my PS3 and PS4. (if it can connect to a pc that is a bonus - I'd image if it is Bluetooth it will. Also, can a headset be paired to the ps3 and ps4 via BT at the same time and it will work as long as only one system is turned on?)
- wireless (it doesn't have to be true wireless - for example, plugging it into the ps4 controller for the headset to work is ok)
- want to avoid buying a bunch of accessories in order to make it work the way I want. (needing an extra cable is ok, but if need to buy several receivers, I really need to know that up front)
- Price - under 100 - I would really like it to be under 50 but that might not be possible. But don't filter your suggestions unless they are over 100 in cost. I am ok with buying now at 40 or waiting and getting a deal on a good headset.
- surround sound or at the very least headphones that fake surround, like the sound bars for tvs today. Just looking for good sound quality that is above my cheap phone headphones. I don't need Bose, but nice with a little sub if possible.
- the ability to hear all game sounds, video playback (blu-rays/dvds), and use it as a communicator. (It think all headsets do this, but I want to make sure the set I get will allow me to play my consoles without any sound coming from the home theater system when the wife needs it quite and I not miss out on the audio of the game, or watch netflix or a video from the PS4 and get the sound in the headset)
- comfortable (preferably over the ear.)
I am not very picky on anything else. Specific brands, cool design, lights, are all bonuses. I really care about the usability. If it works out that the headphones glow or light up, awesome. But not a deal breaker. Its not like I see them glow when I am wearing them.
Thanks for all your help.