- Snapdragon 410 1.2GHz Quad-Core
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB Internal Storage (microSD upgradeable)
- 4.5" 960x540 LCD Display
- 5MP Rear Camera + Front Camera
- 4G LTE/WiFi/Bluetooth
- 2390mAh Battery
- Android 5.0 Lollipop
Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 Processor
1.2GHz processor and 1GB RAM ensure reliable performance.
Android 5.0 Lollipop OS
New colors and typography, new ways to control when and how you receive messages, and new security features, including Android Smart Lock, which secures your phone by pairing it with a trusted smartwatch or other device.
4G LTE speed
Provides fast Web connection for downloading apps, streaming content and staying connected with social media.
4.5" LCD touch-screen display
Large screen displays texts, e-mails and more in clarity.
5.0MP rear-facing camera
Along with a 0.3MP front-facing camera allows you to capture photos of special moments on the move.
8GB internal memory
Gives you ample space to store photos, videos, contacts, music and more.
Use your smartphone as a mobile hotspot
Share your 4G data connection with other compatible wireless devices.*
EDGE (2.5G): 850MHz, 900MHz, 1800MHz, 1900MHz
HSPA+ (3.5G): 850MHZ, 1700+2100MHz (AWS), 1900MHz
LTE (4G): Bands 2, 4, 5, 7, 12*, 17
*Band 12 was removed in the first OTA update. If you completely reflash to the launch 5.0.2 firmware, you should be able to use Band 12 on T-Mobile, but only for data, no VoLTE.
Yes, but you can unlock it before turning it on by filling out the AT&T Device Unlock form here . When it asks "Are you an AT&T wireless customer?", select No.
If it doesn't go through the first time, try multiple times. If all else fails, buy an unlock code from Ebay, usually just costs a few bucks.
Root and Unlockable Bootloader?
No and no. The AT&T/GoPhone/Cricket XT1527 and the Verizon XT1528 do not qualify for the Motorola Bootloader Unlock website. All other variants do. The only way to get root is by flashing via TWRP recovery, and the only way to flash an unsigned recovery is by unlocking the bootloader.
Motorola has stated that they will not be releasing the Marshmallow update to US variants. Since the bootloader is locked, there is no way to flash another variant's firmware or a custom ROM.
If you don't know much about these Moto E 2015's, see http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-e-2015 . There are several different models. I have the xt1526 (boost).
Only use USB 2.0 ports on your computer to do custom work on your phone.
How to carrier unlock phone (you will need a non AT&T micro-sim):
1. Don't power up the phone with the provided AT&T sim card.
2. Go to https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/#/
3. Read and agree to requirements
4. Select Customer Type: Non-AT&T Mobility customer
5. Complete and submit the form (IMEI is on the bottom of the package, among other places)
6. Immediately open the email from AT&T and follow the instructions, clicking the provided link
7. Wait 24 to 48 hours and check for a 2nd email from AT&T with your unlock code and follow the instructions. (for several people, this has taken 24 hours)