From Comcast to Verizon - Want to use my own router & TiVo - how?
Specifically, my channels are less & the broadband speed is less vs. my VZ neighbors.
Where I am the only CC customer - CC has shown little regards to get me up to speed with my neighbors while I am paying as much as them.
1) Can I turn the VZ router into the modem & use my current router attached to it (have never done this before) ?
- Reason being I've heard the VZ isn't very good
- OR is the VZ router good enough for multi peripherals management (web cams, wireless light switches, tablet, mobile phones, streaming TV)
2) Do I need their router/gateway to provide the feed to my TiVo? Or can VZ provide a cable card?
- Reason being - I use1 main TiVo + 4 TiVo Minis for secondary room viewing
- Single cable card from CC provided the signal to all of them.