Note, availability for in-store pickup may vary depending on location. If you want to purchase just the pre-paid phones, the price is listed for $19.99.
- Add 1x Cricket Wireless Prepaid Phone (ZTE Fanfare or LG Risio) to cart
- Cricket Wireless LG Risio 4G Prepaid Phone $19.99 (Pictured)
- Add 1x $25 Cricket Wireless Refill Card to cart
- Add 1x $25 Best Buy Gift Card to cart
- Total at price should be $45 w/ free shipping
Editor's Notes & Price Research
Your gift card will ship separately and is not available for store pickup. Offer valid while supplies last. Great package if you're on the Cricket Wireless plan or looking to switch. Learn more about Cricket Wireless here - Discombobulated
Check LG Risio, Cricket Wireless - $25 Refill Card, Best Buy GC - $25 Gift Card, Add to Cart = $44.99
- Cricket unlock policy: https://www.cricketwire
- Your Cricket phone definitely has an unlock code somewhere. Just note that not everyone has access to the entire unlock code database.
- It will update over WiFi to Marshmallow 6.0 withOUT a Cricket SIM card. You do NOT have to have active service with Cricket to get software updates.
- Like other LG phones, although you can get it to enter recovery mode, you can only do a factory reset.
- EasyTether (was free from Amazon) works in USB mode after installing LGMobileDriver_WHQL_Ver_4.0.4.exe. The driver is available from http://www.mylgphones.
com/lg-andr...ce-drivers. (The driver is also available from a CD drive that somehow shows up after you connect the phone to a PC.)
FreedomPop GSM experience on 6/6:
- FreedomPop GSM worked even withOUT enabling roaming (no such menu item).
- I ran Shortcut Master (Lite), Menu, Search..., entered "roaming", tapped on:
- ...SelectRoamingNetwork, Launch, I got the same as Mobile networks > Network operators.
- ...DataRoamingSubMenuForATT, Launch, I got "International data roaming". It looked like what was mentioned on: https://www.cricketwire
- Identify network operator: http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=
- When it was on the AT&T network, under About phone > Network, it showed HSPA or HSPAP;
- under Network operators > Search networks, current AT&T networks were named FreedomPop, in addition to T-Mobile networks that were available to select from.
- When it was on the T-Mobile network, under About phone > Network, it showed UMTS or HSPAP;
- under Network operators > Search networks, current T-Mobile networks were named FreedomPop, and AT&T networks were named "cricket".
- Maybe it did not think it was roaming because the current network was always named FreedomPop (same as APN)?
- I was unable to enable built-in Mobile Hotspot. Authentication was unsuccessful.
Settings > Apps, for each of the following, Disable, Delete data -> YES, ... with the factory version -> OK:
- Cloud Print
- Google Play Books, Games, Newsstand
- My Cricket
- Visual Voicemail