BSOD ... corrupt MBR or BCD ... help!
I have Win10 Pro (64-bit) disc in drive and can get it to launch to the installation screen. 2 sticks of RAM on 'new' system build that has been fine for 6-8 weeks.
- I've reset MB bios to defaults
- I can boot into System Recovery Options on the original DVD
(1) "Startup Repair" from the advanced options fails
(2) "System Restore" fails
- Error "BootAppWindow RecEnv.exe - ... some referenced memory error - cannot place into memory due to I/O error status"
(3) I can go to a command prompt, but not able to complete some tasks:
bootrec /scanos --> OK
bootrec /fixmbr --> OK
bootrec /fixboot --> OK
bootrec /rebuildbcd --> failed "requested device not found"
What happens if I try to re-install from DVD? Will existing OS be recognized?