- Click here to link your Amex rewards account to your Amazon account
- Once linked/enrolled add $50 or more of eligible products sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping cart
- Proceed to checkout & select your Amex rewards card as your payment method, then select the amount of points you'd like to use for the purchase (must use points for at least a portion of your order)
- Apply promotion code AMEX16EVER
- Up to $25 discount will be applied to qualifying items
Editor's Notes & Price Research
Registration is currently unavailable
We're sorry, but the Shop with Points registration is currently unavailable. Please try again later
So maybe try again later or tomorrow and see if it's back up.
Just got this pop-up at checkout and successfully used it to buy a Third Party Gift card worth $50:
Use your Membership Rewards eligible American Express Card to Shop with Points at Amazon.com and get up to $25 off an order of $50 or more with promo code: AMEX16EVER by 12/31/2016.
To Receive your Promotional Discount you must:
1. Add $50 or more of eligible products sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping cart.
2. Enter the promo code AMEX16EVER in the box provided on the checkout page and pay for at least a portion of your order with Membership Rewards points.
3. Up to $25 of savings will be reflected on the final order checkout page.
Following is the url for the deal:
FYI, I did try purchasing an Amazon.com gift card first but the promo code did not apply to it. So unless you already need something worth $50+ that is sold by Amazon.com, your best bet might be 3rd party gift cards such as Whole Foods, Sears, Southwest etc.
Check if your account has been targeted via the following method (not yet confirmed if this method is true for everyone)
1. Log in to your Amazon Account
2. Go to the following url: https://www.amazon.com/gp/shopwit...green
3. If your account is targeted for this promo, it should show the following:
4. If your account is NOT targeted it should show the following:
Can someone confirm? CONFIRMED. I went to my account and saw the image from #3 above.
The above may not reflect every experience. I received the image listed at #4, yet the code posted successfully during checkout. Therefore, the code may work no matter what screen you're given initially.
This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.
Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.