Anyway for son to remove himself as cosigner from past due mortgage (Family issues)
1) Son is the co signer of a mortgage or 2nd mortgage which is gone past due for 6+ months now.
2) Father/son have had a falling out due to some family issues, now do not talk to each other
3) Son is willing to get legal separation (Any idea cost involved?) Would that even work?
4) Total loan amount is about 150k, Son contacted lenders with no luck since payments have been missed.
5) Son cant afford to pay both his rent and mortgage payment, tried settling with bank with no luck.
Anything he can do or start looking into to get the ball rolling? I know many (including me) will say dont become a co signer..... but little to late for that.