For those buying Ridgid tools, you would want to register at their website to get the lifetime service agreement for free service, batteries, etc. When I registered the brushless driver/circular saw combo, I saw they have an ongoing promotion for the new Stealth Force Pulse brushless impact driver, which is a coupon you can print out and only works IN STORE, and gets you 50% off another Ridgid tool.
Also, I have a home depot credit card, and they sent me a Father's day 10% off any purchase of $299 or more, valid until 6/22/16. So this is what I purchased today:
- $199 - Ridgid Stealth Force impact driver - R86036K . You can also buy one of their Hyper Drive nailers to get the same promotion.
- Another cordless Ridgid Tool (many to choose from, see the attached flyer), I bought the 18V JobMax Multitool (R862004 - $99 ), but there are other relatively expensive tools you might want to get, such as the 1/2 inch Impact Wrench (R86010B - $139 ), 4-1/2 inch Grinder (R86040B - $99 ) or the Jobsite Radio (R84083 - $119 ).
- This would get you a total of around $250-270 depending on what tool you got. Since I needed to get to $300 for the 10% off coupon to work, I bought a set of Milwaukee Shockwave 45 piece impact driver bit set for $30, which gets you their $25 15 piece impact drill set for free. I also got a few other little things to get up to the $300 total price.
So this is what I paid in summary:
- $199 for the impact driver
- $50 for the JobMax (after 50% discount)
- $30 for the driver bits for my new impact driver
- Free drill bits for my new impact driver
- $20 of filler (bought some water softener salt myself)
- $300 - 10% off home depot card for a total of ~$270 plus tax
- Looks like Ridgid is trying to market their new Gen5x line of brushless oil lubricated impact driver and at the same time trying to clear their older Gen4x stock at the same time, since most of the 50% off tools are from the x4 line.
- Other tools I didn't include since I thought they were bad deals. For instance, you can get 50% for the Lithium-ion Starter Kit, but I'm not sure that comes with the lifetime service agreement where you can get free battery replacements. Only batteries that come in a tool kit (such as the Stealth Force impact driver kit) give you free lifetime battery replacements. The 4x version reciprocating saw and circular saw are both over $100 in cost, but gen5x versions of these tools have already come out, so maybe not worth it even if you can get 50% off the 4x versions. The other gen5x tools included in this particular deal like the flashlight, hybrid fan, orbit sander, are all relatively low priced ($20-70), so probably not as good deals either. I personally feel the Multi-tool, Impact Wrench, and Angle grinder are probably the best deals, since no Gen5x versions are on the market yet.
- My receipt also have maximum refund values for all the items, so I suppose if you are really just interested in the Impact driver, you can return the other items. On my receipt, they put the $50 discount on the impact driver itself, so it says you can return the JobMax for $74.30. Apparently I can also return the "free" Milwaukee drill bit set for $10.78.