Deal DetailsLast Edited by annie930ny June 18, 2016 at 04:40 PM
item # 44618318
run it through Brickseek to check your local stores
Specs: Official , at phonearena
AT&T support pages for this tablet:
Unlocking the tablet to work with other carriers:
- Do not turn the tablet on, don't even open the box.
- Go to this web site: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/?#/
- Check I have read and agree to the eligibility requirements to unlock my device.
- This is super important, check Non-AT&T Mobility Customer
- Fill out the form, including the tablet's IMEI number which is located on the Box
- Submit the request
- You will be sent an email with a link to confirm
- Open your email and confirm
- Anywhere from 1 hour to 48 hours you will be given an unlock code. It took 8 hours for me to receive mine.
- Open up the box, put in your SIM from your Carrier in the tablet and turn it on.
- You will be prompted for the unlock code
- Enter the unlock code and continue.
Carrier options: (after unlocking)
This tablet will works with T-Mobile's "Free Data For Life" plan and their paid data-plans.
The tablet will work with a FreedomPop Global 3-in-1 SIM card (see the wiki here).
About the official Android Lollipop update:
- If you want to root this tablet, DO NOT download the AT&T Lollipop update
- Updating to Lollipop may make the tablet run slightly slower than the stock KitKat
- If you want to unlock the tablet, get the unlock code before updating the tablet
FYI: if you activate the included SIM, it will expire in 60 days if you do not add any money to the account it is attached to.
AT&T go phone SIM card activation instructions:
This is for people who do not want AT&T service and just want to get the official Lollipop update.
- Write down the SIM card number printed on the SIM card itself. The SIM number is also listed on box as ICCID.
- Make sure the AT&T SIM card is in the tablet.
- Go to this page and activate the AT&T SIM that came with the tablet.
- Enter the SIM card number from step 1
- When it asks for your IMEI, enter all zeros: 000000000000000
- You don't need to enter any payment details. You just need an email address and zip code.
- Pick any plan, it shouldn't matter. I picked the 25 cent/min plan.
- It usually takes 10 to 30 minutes for the SIM to activate after you confirm the activation.
Getting the update:
There are 2 official updates available for this tablet:Update Steps:
1st update (major update from KitKat 4.4.4 to Lollipop 5.1.1)
Kernel version: android@Aquarius #1 Fri Oct 2 2015
Build number: ATT _126.96.36.199
2nd update (minor update):
Kernel version: android@Capricornus #1 Wed Feb 24 2016
Build number: ATT _188.8.131.52
- Make sure the tablet fully charged or plugged in
- Make sure an activated AT&T SIM card is in the tablet and the tablet is powered on
- Open the settings and select the "About" option at the bottom under "System"
- Select the "AT&T Software Update" option
- Select the "Check for Updates" option
- Updating the tablet will take at least an hour
- If the update is not available and you don't want to wait 48 hours, you can try manually set the clock ahead or doing a factory reset
- Make sure to disable the "Automatic date & time" and "Automatic time zone" before manually setting the clock ahead
- You can use the same activated SIM card to update another tablet if you purchased more than one.
- If you do a factory reset after upgrading, you'll need to re-enter the tablet unlock code if using a non-AT&T SIM.
- I recommend waiting at a few minutes after the first update before checking for the second update
- If it gives you the "Wait 24 hours" notice, wait a minute or so then try manually moving the clock ahead by a day
- If it says "An update is available", but there's no OK button, don't leave the update screen, just wait 30 seconds or so and the OK button should appear at the bottom.
How to get T-Mobile's FDFL (Free Data For Life) plan
You need to:
1. Have a T-Mobile tablet or an unlocked tablet that works on T-Mobile's network (and is on T-Mobile's FDFL approved list).
2. Have T-Mobile SIM card that works with tablets
3. Call T-Mobile , ask for the FDFL plan, and give them the T-Mobile SIM number and the tablet's and IMEI number.
4. Sign up for a "Connect Me" Account (it's free) at https://mim.t-mobile.com
* If the tablet still does not work, you can try purchasing the 1-day data-pass through the Connect Me account. FDFL should work after the pass expires.
* The FDFL plan is tied to the IMEI and SIM numbers you signed up with, the SIM on the FDFL plan will not work with multiple devices.
This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.
Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.