Deal DetailsLast Edited by jersharocks June 28, 2016 at 01:00 PM
Basically JetBlue is offering a promotion wherein if you have existing Virgin America miles and fly a R/T ticket on Jetblue before 8/31 then you get upto 75k Jetblue miles
Breakdown on how much bonus Jetblue miles you get is listed here
You need to email JetBlue a screenshot of your Virgin America point balance, name, and member number (along with your JetBlue member number) by 7/4 to participate.
What to do if you dont have any Virgin America Miles?
1. Best bet would be to transfer Starpoints to Virgin America in just 1 day, so even if you have no points currently, a transfer of 40,001 Starpoints would give you 50,001 Virgin America Elevate points to qualify for the highest offer. Transfer rate is 20:25.
2. You can buy starpoints at a 30% discount and then transfer it
3. Transfer Amex reward points or citipoints at a rate of 2:1 (ie you will need 100k amex points to get 50k virgin america points)
In summary here are the steps for the deal
1. Transfer or buy Virgin points to account if necessary
2. email JetBlue a screenshot of your Virgin America point balance, name, and member number (along with your JetBlue member number) by 7/4 to participate.
3. Wait for registration confrimation
4. Book a R/T ticket on jetblue by 8/31 to get your bonus Jetblue miles
Basically if you had 40k Starwood points then you can convert those to 50k Virgin Elevate points + 75k jetblue points after taking a cheapo R/T jetblue flight.