Chromecast Offer: Any Movie Rental on Google Play
- Install your Chromecast on your TV
- From a device with WiFi capability, go to Chrome browser (or download Google Chrome) Free
- Go to Google Cast Add-on if you have it installed (next to URL bar typically)
- If you do not have Google Cast Add-on Installed:
- Go to upper right next to URL field find the Settings (usually 3 lines stacked, or "hamburger")
- Go to More Tools
- Go to Extensions
- Click "Get More Extensions"
- Search for "Google Cast"
- Select Google Cast under Extensions (Free)
- Install Google Cast
- Using Google Cast Add-on connect your device to your Chromecast
- If your device does not see your Chromecast, click here to set up; follow instructions on that page to connect devices
- Once connected, or set up and connected:
- Click here
- Agree to the Terms & Conditions and continue (and or login)
- Click "Select Your Device"
- Using the Google Cast Add-on select your Chromecast
- Note, there might be a short delay after you select your Chromecast until the page recognizes it.
- You should be redirected to an offers page; look for "75% Off Any Movie Rental"
- Click to select that offer
- Redeem offer
Editor's Notes & Price Research
Movie Credit discount is valid through 1/31/17. See forum thread for more details and discussion.
The Revenant $5.99
Reward: 75% off any one movie or TV rental -$4.49
The best bit is that you have until January 31st of next year to actually use the credit. So if there is nothing you currently want to watch on Google Play, it will be one which can be stockpiled and used well past Christmas.