Note, despite the headphones not appearing in cart they will be included with your purchase as mentioned on the product page.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 Quad-Core 2.2GHz CPU
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB Internal Storage (w/ microSD slot)
- 20MP Rear w/ Dual-LED Flash + 8MP Front Cameras
- 5.5” AMOLED 2560 x 1440 WQHD Display
- 3250mAh Battery w/ Quick Charge 3.0
- USB Type-C
- Fingerprint Scanner
- Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
Editor's Notes & Price Research
This phone has a release date of 7/27/2016. Refer to the forum thread for additional information and discussion. -johnny_miller
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor Quad-Core
- 4GB RAM, 64GB ROM expandable up to 128GB
- 20MP AF dual LED Flash + 8MP front camera
- 5.5" AMOLED 2560 x 1440 WQHD display, Gorilla Glass Gen 4
- 3250 mAh battery, Quick Charge 3.0 , USB Type-C
- Fingerprint scanner (multi-mode)
- 32-bit High Resolution Audio, 4K video capture
- Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow), upgradeable
Free Monster N-Pulse DJ Headphones included with pre-order purchase***
As of this writing, the Ion Gold model will begin shipping on July 27, while the Quartz Gray model starts shipping August 17. The Axon 7 is available for pre-order from Amazon, Best Buy, B&H Photo Video, Newegg, and ZTE itself. Per chat with CSR, pre-orders can be cancelled at any time before shipping without a penalty (in case you're on the fence about waiting for the nexus)
As a refresher, the ZTE Axon 7 is a high-end smartphone design in collaboration with BMW Designworks. Its spec list includes:
5.5-inch 2560×1440 AMOLED display
Snapdragon 820 processor
4GB of RAM
64GB of storage,
A microSD slot that doubles as a second SIM slot
3250mAh battery that supports Quick Charge 3.0.
USB 3.0 Type C
20-megapixel rear camera with a Samsung Sensor
8-megapixel front camera
Dual front facing speakers with Dolby Atmos
Android 6.0.1 ZTE’s custom MiFavor 4.0 UI.
Will support Daydream, Google’s virtual reality platform
Will support T-Mobile band VoLTE, and Wi-Fi Calling
Wifi AC + N dual band
2 Year warranty with Passport Protection
Does not support wireless charging
Supports LTE bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 12, 13, 17, 20, 25, 26, 29, 30, and 31. Also included is support for 2+4, 2/4+12, 2/4+29, 2/4+5, 41+41, and 25+25 carrier aggregation.
ZTE says that the Axon 7 will be Daydream-ready this fall, which is when the Daydream platform and its VR products will launch.
1) Will this Phone work for Verizon or Sprint? Note: The same applies to services provided by companies using Verizon's or Sprint's network, like Boost, Ring plus, Page Plus, etc.
Quote from as05;87311747][I]< :r /> "While it has enough bands to support all US phone networks, it'll only work with AT&T and T-Mobile SIM cards for now. Verizon and Sprint compatibility is due "possibly later in the year," resting in the hands of the two CDMA carriers to flip a switch. All of the antennas are inside - this isn't just a GSM phone."[/I]
More news and official launch of ZTE Axon 7 in USA - July 18th
This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.
review by Engadget.com is up for Axon 7
Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.