Official Kohl's & More Deal & Chat Thread
By posting in this thread, you agree to be bound by the Terms of Service, the Slickdeals Rules, Rules for Posting, and the specific rules for this thread. Please read the Tutorials and FAQ below to help answer any questions.
This WIKI was created to list discount codes. Please do not list individual items here.
NEW5053 (Non-Kohls Charge) 10% off Valid ?
PKS15OFF (Non-Kohls Charge) 15% off $100 Valid ?
EXTRA20 (Non-Kohls Charge) 20% off Valid ?
MVCPRFCT4U (Kohls Charge) 15% off Valid till 12/30/09
YOURGIFT15 (Kohls Charge) 15% off Valid 12/25-12/28/09
Note: percent-off coupon codes do not stack
FREE SHIPPING CODE
NOCHARGE (Kohls Charge) from this thread
KOHLS CASH - Details from Kohls.com [kohlscorporation.com]
Earn it December 8th through December 12th; If you order online, you usually receive KC within 2 business days
Spend it December 13th - December 19th in-store only!
Earn it December 15th through December 24th; If you order online, you usually receive KC within 2 business days
Spend it December 26th - January 2nd in-store only!
LINK to Kohl's Cash info on Kohls.com [kohlscorporation.com]
KOHLS Rebate Page
Thanks to Cheers
Kohls Rebate Page [kohls.com]
B&M COUPONS and CODES
$5 off in store purchase emailed to you when you sign up for email alerts here
takes a few hours to a few days to receive the in store Q, and you have to print the email with the barcode and PIN to use.
Link to a Post that will help you with $5 Q's you receive from others in a PM
LINK to Kohls Product Review Thread
LINK to Original Cookware Deals
KOHLIES by bmommy
Kohl's Cash? You mean they'll give me money back to spend AGAIN at Kohls? I'm in!
Order modification? I'll just order it again to make sure I get it. No worries!
Holiday? Woo-hoo, that means 30% off, right? (and more Kohl's Cash!) Happy Holidays to me!
Last one in stock? I'd better get it now. CLICK - Order placed!
In-store? I have to go in the store to spend my Kohls Cash? Sure, I'll check out the deals there, too!
Extra stops from the UPS guy? That can't be good....
Shoot, I can always return it!
June 6, 2009, 3:10 am: System Notice: This thread has been automatically renewed after reaching a post limit. Most of its content has been moved to this thread for reference purposes.
June 19, 2009, 3:10 am: System Notice: This thread has been automatically renewed after reaching a post limit. Most of its content has been moved to this thread for reference purposes.
July 19, 2009, 3:10 am: System Notice: This thread has been automatically renewed after reaching a post limit. Most of its content has been moved to this thread for reference purposes.
August 1, 2009, 3:00 am: System Notice: This thread has been automatically renewed after reaching a post limit. Most of its content has been moved to this thread for reference purposes.
TUTORIALS AND FAQ
- How can I tell the difference between a clearance item and a sale item?
- What is a PRD?
- What is a hidden item?
- How can I help search for hidden items?
- What is an SCT?
- What is Kohl's Cash?
- What is Kohl's return policy?
- The price has dropped. Will Kohl's do a price adjustment?
- Help! My card is maxed out. How do I get free shipping?
- What is C4C (Check 4 Change) and how do I get it?
- How do I know if Kohl's has updated their clearance section and where do I find it?
- How do I know which server I am on?
- What is all this talk about different servers?
- How do I know if somebody else already posted an item on this thread?
- What else should I know about what to post (or what not to post)?
- How do I rep people?
- How many reps can I give in a day and how do they count?
- How can I see who repped me?
- How do I insert an image in a reply?
- You can tell the difference between a clearance and sale item on kohls.com by looking at the price. Sale items use the term "Sale", and clearance items use the term "Now"
- A sale item will say "Sale: $5.00" (for example).
- A clearance item will say "Now: $5.00" (for example).
- Clearance items are either 60%, 70%, 80% or 90%.
- Sale items are public.
- Clearance items are either public or hidden.
A PRD is the 5 or 6 digit number in the kohls.com URL, unique to each product (basically an item number). There are two types: Regular and Catalog. Below is an example of each (in red):
- Regular - kohls.com/kohlsStore/clearance/PRD~123456/.jsp? (0-6 digits, from 10000-505000 and counting)
- Catalog - kohls.com/kohlsStore/clearance/PRD~c12345/.jsp? (0-5 digits, from 1000-16000 and counting- note the "c" before the number)
A hidden item is a clearance item that exists on the kohls.com website, but is not found on the public side of the site (where you'd normally find their products). A clearance item usually becomes "hidden" when it has sold out on the website, and a few come back into stock due to customer returns, etc. Although it comes back into stock, it's not re-listed publicly. There tends to be only one or a few of each item at any given time, and you'll see it typically go OOS immediately. Often, you'll see hidden items going in and out of stock several times. A hidden item is discovered by searching PRDs.
HOW CAN I HELP SEARCH FOR HIDDEN ITEMS?
The simplest way to do it is by changing the PRD number in the URL. Change the PRD to a different number (up to 5 or 6 digits) and hope for the best. While you will find many "The product or page you tried to access cannot be found." pages, you will eventually find items to share!
WHAT IS AN SCT?
"SCT" is the acronym for "Saved Cart Trick" and refers to deals that actually lower in price simply by signing out of your cart, then back in. Note: This only works for certain items, so don't be discouraged if this method doesn't work for you.
To find SCT deals, you'll need to do the following on kohls.com:
1. Log into your account.
2. Add the desired item(s) to your cart/bag.
3. Log out of your account. You will be asked if you'd like to save your bag. Make sure to save your bag! (Alternately, you can save your bag while in your cart, then sign out).
4. Log back into your account.
5. Check your cart/bag. If it's an SCT deal, it will now be at a lower price.
Note: The SCT deals will show up a few different ways. Click here to see a screenshot of the different ways an SCT deal may appear.
WHAT IS KOHL'S CASH?
Details on Kohl's Cash [kohlscorporation.com]
The fine print from Kohls:
Kohl's Cash is not legal tender. Offer is nontransferable. Customer will receive a $10 Kohl's Cash coupon for the first $50 in purchases. An additional $10 in value will be added to the coupon for each additional $50 spent in that single transaction. Kohl's Cash coupons are earned on the amount of customer purchases after all applicable discounts are applied and before tax is imposed. Eligible customer purchases include sale-, regular- and clearance-priced merchandise purchased April 22-27, 2009, but exclude the purchase of gift cards. Kohl's Cash coupons can be earned in our stores or online, but can only be redeemed in our stores. Kohl's Cash coupons may be redeemed April 28 through May 6, 2009. Kohl's Cash coupons may not be redeemed (1) to purchase Kohl's Cares for Kids® merchandise or other charitable items; (2) to reduce a Kohl's Charge or any third party charge account balance; (3) as price adjustments on prior purchases; or (4) to purchase gift cards. If merchandise purchased earning a Kohl's Cash coupon is subsequently returned or price adjusted, the value of the Kohl's Cash coupon previously earned and/or the amount of the merchandise refund may be reduced to reflect any unearned value. Return value of merchandise purchased with Kohl's Cash coupon that is then returned may also be subject to adjustment. Terms and conditions apply.
Regarding Kohls Cash and Online Purchases....
YMMV....It has been my experience, and the experience of many others on here, that once you get Kohls Cash for online purchases, it's yours. They don't deduct if an item goes out of stock. They don't deduct if you return something. of course ....YMMV
WHAT IS KOHL'S RETURN POLICY?
Kohl's presently does not have a time limit on returns. As long as you still have your packing slip and/or your receipt, you can make returns any time (a print out of your order confirmation works as well). If you have lost your packing slip and/or receipt they can usually do a receipt look-up by scanning your method of payment and the item you are trying to return. This will not work though if the item you are trying to return has been yellow-tagged in the past, and is now no longer showing up in their system. In that case, you can do a no-receipt return, which Kohl's allows up to 3 times a year per customer. For large no-receipt amounts, they will send you a corporate check in the mail.
THE PRICE HAS DROPPED. WILL KOHL'S DO A PRICE ADJUSTMENT?
Kohl's policy is not to do price adjustments on clearance items. The best option available to you is to rebuy the item at the lower price, and then to return the item with the higher priced receipt to the store.
HELP! MY CARD IS MAXED OUT. HOW CAN I STILL GET FREE SHIPPING?
There are several options available to you. The obvious is to make a payment which will be reflected immediately as long as you make it by 3:00pm. Make sure you change the date online when you make the payment to 'today'. Another option is to make some returns, thereby freeing up some space again.
WHAT IS C4C (CHECK FOR CHANGE) AND HOW DO I GET IT?
Check4Change (aka C4C) is a simple extension that allows you to periodically check a web-page for updates when you use FireFox. If set correctly, it will alert you when an item you are monitoring gets back in stock.
Google check 4 change for installation instructions.
HOW DO I KNOW IF KOHL'S HAS UPDATED THEIR CLEARANCE SECTION AND WHERE DO I FIND IT?
Simply download the attached text file, Attachment 173075, open it, and copy the address into your browser's URL. Under 'refine matches: by department' click 'more departments'. You will now see the 'clearance' department with the number of clearance items listed behind it. Kohl's usually updates around 12:00am EST, and when they do you will see a change in this number. Click on 'clearance' to see a full list of all clearance items.
HOW DO I KNOW WHICH SERVER I AM ON?
- Click the START button on your computer (lower left)
- Click RUN
- Type in "ping www.kohls.com"
- Hit ok
To see items in stock when you don't see it but others can, replace the www.kohls.com with one of the following string of numbers. Keep the rest of the url as-is:
HOW DO I KNOW IF SOMEONE ELSE ALREADY POSTED AN ITEM ON THIS THREAD?
The easiest way to see if someone else already has posted an item you are ready to post is to click on "search this thread" (upper right corner on your screen), and then put just the PRD # in the search box. If the results show other posts/replies, then it is a repost.
These threads retire often, and new ones begin in their place. You can see if the item's ever been posted on SD by entering the PRD in the keyword search box (above the "Quick Links" and "Log Out" links in the upper right hand corner of your screen).
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW ABOUT WHAT TO POST (OR WHAT NOT TO POST)?
- We typically share the higher savings deals (such as 80% and 90%) because the items will increase to 80%-90% off if they don't sell at 60%/70%.
- Of course, if you think a deal is great, you're welcome to share it!
- Before giving reputation points, read the rules below concerning reputation abuse.
- Click on the little number next to the colored block on the person you want to rep
- A little pop-up window will come up, fill it in with whatever you would like to say
- Click 'add to reputation'
- You can give 10 reps in a 24 hour period, which is revolving.
- Your reps start counting after you have made 50 posts
- You have to rep 5 other people before you can rep the same person again
- The reps you give count as follows:
- Your reps start at 1 point (after 50 posts)
- You get an additional point once you get to 500 reps
- You get an additional point once you get 1000 reps
- You get an additional point once you make 10,000 posts
- You get an additional point for every year you're an SD member
- The most rep points you can have is 4
- Click on USER CP on the top left corner of your SD window.
- In the chat window's toolbar, click on the paperclip icon.
- In the popup that appears, either Upload a file from your computer, or from a URL and click Upload.
- Close the popup
- Back in the chat window, position your cursor where you want to insert the image in your message.
- Click on the paperclip icon again, and select the attachment you just uploaded.
- The image should now appear where you want in your reply.
August 11, 2009, 3:10 am: System Notice: This thread has been automatically renewed after reaching a post limit. Most of its content has been moved to this thread for reference purposes.
August 22, 2009, 3:10 am: System Notice: This thread has been automatically renewed after reaching a post limit. Most of its content has been moved to this thread for reference purposes.
September 3, 2009, 4:10 am: System Notice: This thread has been automatically renewed after reaching a post limit. Most of its content has been moved to this thread for reference purposes.
September 18, 2009, 3:10 am: System Notice: This thread has been automatically renewed after reaching a post limit. Most of its content has been moved to this thread for reference purposes.
September 28, 2009, 4:10 am: System Notice: This thread has been automatically renewed after reaching a post limit. Most of its content has been moved to this thread for reference purposes.