Destiny the Game Digital Conversion + Rise of Iron DLC for $40
Thread DetailsLast Edited by okinawanmatt August 18, 2016 at 05:31 PM
PS4 Link [playstation.com]
Xbox One Link [microsoft.com]
This price is only useful for those who are trying to move to a digital copy from a disc-based copy (if you would not liked to be forced to pop the disc in for authentication every time you boot the game).
- $30 - September DLC only.
- $40 - "Upgrade" for those who are eligible; base game and all 4 DLCs (includes the upcoming September DLC).
- $60 - Full game at full price; base game and all 4 DLCs (includes the upcoming September DLC).
Quote :For those of us who made the unfortunate mistake of purchasing Destiny on a disc, our only option to convert to an all-digital discless copy was to re-purchase the game at full price. The original Destiny digital copies were removed from all markets, so it was $70 on Amazon (Collector's Digital Edition), or $60 on PSN/Xbox (The Taken King Legendary Edition). The regular DLC copies for $40 still requires the disc inside the drive to play, so you needed to pay for the full-priced version.
However, the "Destiny - The Collection" is coming out in September and there are two pre-orders available. One is the full retail price of $60, and the other is called the "Upgrade" option for $40. The upgrade version is for those who are moving from a legacy console (PS3/Xbox 360) to the newer console (PS4/Xbox One), but if you sign in, the upgrade version has been made available for everyone who has purchased Destiny before.
I can confirm that deleting my installation, purchasing the upgrade, removing the disc has allowed me to boot the game properly. I had the original game on disc and the DLCs purchased as well.
- Destiny base game (vanilla)
- The Dark Below (December 2014 DLC)
- House of Wolves (May 2015 DLC)
- The Taken King (September 2015 DLC)
- Rise of Iron (September 2016 DLC)