Landing Page URL: https://creditcards.cha
Application URL: https://applynow.chase.
Credit goes to Churminator @ Reddit for the initial application link earlier this morning.
This card is brand new from Chase and has a TON of benefits. $450 annual fee, but that is offet by $2150 in credits the first year. See more information below:
I just applied using the link above and got approved for $35k limit on instant decision. I also confirmed with Chase that I'm enrolled in the promotion. Spend $4k in 3 Months and get 100k UR points.
Edit: Adding attachment showing 100k UR offer proof.
Other Popular Credit Cards
Chase Sapphire Reserve Credit Card
- 100k bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from
- Receive up to $300 in statement credits annually as reimbursement for travel purchases such as airfare and hotels charged to your card
- Earn 3X points on travel worldwide from airfare and hotels to taxis and trains
- Earn 3X points on dining at restaurants worldwide from fast casual to fine dining
- Earn 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Get 50% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards(R). (For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,500 toward travel.)
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions -- as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
- Receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Access to 900+ airport lounges worldwide with complimentary Priority Pass(TM) Select membership
- Special car rental privileges from National Car Rental, Avis and Silvercar when you book with your card
- Special benefits during your stay with The Luxury Hotel & Resort CollectionSM
- Pay no foreign transaction fees
- World-class suite of travel and purchase protections
- 24/7 direct access to a Customer Service specialist
- Worldwide Travel Assistance from the Chase Travel Team
- Access to the Visa Infinite Concierge who can help you with requests like dinner reservations, or Broadway, music and sporting event tickets
- $450 annual fee
- Best of source to answers for every possible question - Reddit Thread - https://www.reddit.com/r/churning...re_r
- The first post of the FlyerTalk thread has useful info on how to obtain your account number and other topics.
- If you have setup online access for other Chase consumer credit accounts, the Reserve account should show up in your online account once you have been approved. Some people did not get instant approval but account showed up in online chase account. So it gets linked right anyway if approved. Check your online account before you call the 1800 number just in case.
- If you're over 5/24 do not apply online, the only way to get approved is in branch if you're pre-approved.
- Great explanation on the Chase 5/24 rule here.
- Here is a good website for general information - http://financebuzz.io/chase-sapph...d-official.
- Comprehensive Q&A from The Points Guy
Q. What is the Sapphire Customer Care #
Q. I got pending approval message after submitting application. What should I do ?
Immediately call Reconsideration line: 888-270-2127 or 888-245-0625 (this one didnt have any wait when someone called in). There is no reason to wait.
If you already have a large amount of credit with Chase, you may need to re-allocate it between accounts (that is, move some of the credit line to the CSR) so that the total fits Chase's underwriting.
Q. What is the Math breakdown if I don't plan to use it long term but cancel after 1st year ?
Math Breakdown for the Card if you plan on cancelling after first year: $1500 (UR credits redeemed directly via chase travel portal) + $600 in travel credit ($300 for each calendar year) - $450 in annual fee = $1650 worth of travel money. Not to mention if you have UR bonuses accumulated they can all be now redeemed at 1.5X the value through the UR portal.
Note that this assumes you are able to make price-competitive purchases through the UR portal - that is, that it will have the lowest price.
There is also a Pre Check / Global Entry benefit worth $85-100 if you that is something you would use.
The card will carry a $450 annual fee ($75 for authorized users), which applies to your first statement and must spend $4,000 in the first three months of opening the account to get the mega-sign-on bonus. The $450 annual membership fee DOES NOT count towards to $4K requirement
Q. What types of merchants are in the 'travel' category?
A. Merchants in the travel category include airlines, hotels, motels, timeshares, campgrounds, car rental agencies, cruise lines, travel agencies, discount travel sites, and operators of passenger trains, buses, taxis, limousines, ferries, toll bridges and highways, and parking lots and garages. Please note that some merchants that provide transportation and travel-related services are not included in this category; for example, real estate agents, websites or owners that rent vacation properties, in-flight goods and services, on-board cruise line goods and services, sightseeing activities, tourist attractions, merchants within airports, and merchants that rent vehicles for the purpose of hauling. In addition, the purchasing of points or miles does not qualify in this category. Unlike AMEX platinum, Airlines gift card purchases do not apply (tried $50 GC through Alaska Air, no credit).
Q. What are some data points for merchants or services that got coded as Travel?
- Southwest gift card purchased through southwest.com instantly credited back as "TRAVEL CREDIT $300/YEAR"
- Radpad Rent payment through Android Pay" (October 13, 2016, RadPad is no longer processing rent payments)
- MTA metro cards credited back as Travel Credit"
- FasTrak toll
- BART for the bay area (physical outside machines, unsure if online works)
- Priceline Name Your Own Price (for both hotels and cars)
- EZ-Pass (NJ)
- NCL Gift Cards (Norwegian Cruise Line)
- Uber and UberEats
NJ Transit Train
- Ventra (Chicago)
- IPass (Il)
- Washington DOT Good to Go (refill account)
A. Yes. Send a secure message to Chase and you will see the card number at the top of the message that you sent, in Sent messages. Expiry date will be three years from when you were approved, so if you are approved in October 2016, then 10/19. Some service do not require CVV to complete the transaction. Activation is not required for this card.
Q. Which services or merchants do not require CVV?
- Alaska Air
- Verizon Wireless
Yes, but you may have to act very quickly; you may have less than a week. It depends on the timing of your first statement. 4K in spending has to clear (not pending) about a week before the statement cuts in order to get the bonus points on that statement. Under "account details" you can see your first payment due date. Your closing date is usually three calendar days after your due date. For instance, if your first due date is October 20, that statement should close on September 23, and spending would have to clear by approximately September 16 in order to get the bonus points.
Q. Can I transfer existing UR points from other cards to the Reserve card and redeem them at the Reserve's 1.5 bonus rate?
Yes, if you have accumulated UR points from other cards (ex. Freedom card) you can transfer them to your Reserve card and redeem them at the 1.5 Reserve rate. This is especially valuable if you currently have a large bank of UR points saved up.
Q. Is the $300 really for Calendar year i.e., Can I get in both December 2016 and January 2017 ?
Yes. See below.
$300 Annual Travel Credit:
$300 Annual Travel Credit: A statement credit will automatically be applied to your account when your card is used for purchases in the travel category, up to $300 in statement credits annually ("annually" means the year beginning with your account open date through the first December statement date of that same year, and each 12 billing cycles starting after your December statement date through the following December statement date). Purchases are when you, or an authorized user, use a card to make purchases of products and services, minus returns or refunds. Buying products and services with your card, in most cases, will count as a purchase; however, the following types of transactions won't count: balance transfers, cash advances, travelers checks, foreign currency, money orders, wire transfers or similar cash-like transactions, lottery tickets, casino gaming chips, race track wagers or similar betting transactions, any checks that access your account, overdraft advances, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, and fees of any kind, including an annual fee, if applicable. We do not determine whether merchants correctly identify and bill transactions as being of a certain type. For more information about Chase rewards categories, see www.Chase.com/RewardsCategoryFAQs . Statement credit(s) will post to your account the same day your travel category purchase posts to your account and will appear on your monthly credit card billing statement within 1-2 billing cycles. Qualifying purchases made by authorized users on your account will be included in the $300 Annual Travel Credit. Maximum statement credit accumulation for the Annual Travel Credit is $300 annually. The Annual Travel Credit will be issued for the year in which the transaction posts to your account, through your December statement date. For example, if you pay for baggage fees, but the airline does not post the transaction until after your December statement date, the cost of the baggage fees will be allocated towards the following year's Annual Travel Credit maximum of $300.
Summary of $300 Travel Benefit: With the CSR, you get credits for up to $300 in any travel related expenses per CALENDAR year. That is January->December. The statement credits are issued as these charges post to your account and within a statement period. They even have a tracker on the account page to show you how much you've earned. You do NOT need to wait until the end of the year to get them.
If you get the card in August and spend $300 the next day on a travel coded expense, you will see a $300 credit shortly thereafter.
Then, in January 2017, the clock resets. If you spend another $300 on Jan 1st 2017, you will see ANOTHER $300 credit shortly thereafter. Which means if you cancel the card prior to your AF coming up, you will get $600 in credits for one membership year that spanned two calendar years. If you keep the card, you will be able to continue to get $300/year, as long as you wait for the beginning of the following year.
If you fail to use the credit before the December billing date this year you will lose this years credit.
Required spend for the 100K bonus is $4,000, regardless of if that contains travel spend that was credited through their $300 program benefit. See Chase rep's confirmation below:
"Even if you spend $300.00 on travel purchases and the same is credited back with the annual travel credit benefit, the $300.00 will be counted towards the $4,000.00 spend as long as the same is a purchase made using your credit card.
Priority Pass Select
Get your priority pass and travel benefits at this link.
Priority Pass Select Page (not much info here though) More info at the PP FAQ page.
- The Select tier probably does not get you a digital card
- The FlyerTalk CSR thread has this link to a tweet from Chase Support that says "The Priority Pass allows you and your entire travel party to access the lounges at no charge." More info here as well.
Pre Check / Global Entry
" You are entitled to either: one (1) $100 statement credit per account, OR one (1) $85 statement credit per account, every 4 years in connection with the Global Entry or TSA Pre Check program application fee." See details here: https://creditcards.cha
It can take several months to get an appointment for the Global Entry interview in some locations. However, you can check your local Global Entry enrollment center for cancellations or walk-ins, or try another location while you are traveling. Some allow walk-ins. Other locations will kick you to the curb, so do your research before you plan a trip.
Note that each person must be approved individually for Global Entry - children cannot use a parent's membership (as they can on Pre Check).
Also, note that the pre-flight security benefit of Pre Check (and Global Entry) is currently available primarily for US airlines, in 180 airports. Many large international airlines do not currently participate in Pre Check.
TSA Pre Check Participating Airlines:
Aeromexico, Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, Allegiant Air, American Airlines, Cape Air, Delta Air Lines, Etihad Airways, Hawaiian Airlines, JetBlue Airways, Lufthansa, OneJet, Seaborne Airlines, Southwest Airlines, Sun Country Airlines, United Airlines, Virgin America, WestJet