Editor's Notes & Price Research
Great Price for Tmobile Version.
Next lowest is $135 listed few days ago.
Includes: A/C Adapter, USB Cable, Charging Base, Small and Large Watch Bands.
Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.
Here is how to activate a new line on T-mobile
Prerequisite: Go to settings on the watch then go to device info to retrieve IMEI number as well as E-Sim card number. These will be needed for activation.
Follow steps below for users who are already on T-mobile voice postpaid plan:
1. go to http://my.t-mobile.com/
2. Click on "shop" tab
3. Click on Add a line
4. Select "a line for wearable"
5. Plan that you want to select is " PLAN Simple Choice North America for Wearables: Unlimited Talk + Text + 500MB High-Speed Data $15.00"
You will receive $10 discount if you already have a postpaid voice line on the account.
This wearable plan includes following:
No annual service contracts.
Just $5 monthly (after $10 monthly bill credit) when you also have a qualifying Simple Choice North America voice plan for a smartphone on your account.
Unlimited talk & text while on our network with no overages. Ever.
Up to 500MB of high-speed 4G LTE data.
High-speed data in the U.S. - plus Canada and Mexico at no extra charge.
Music Freedom: unlimited streaming from great services like Milk, Music(TM) that doesn't count against your 4G LTE data allocation included at no extra charge with a Simple Choice North America voice plan
If you already have 5 tablet date lines on the account, then it might not let you add additional lines on your own.
Whatever the cause, if it restricts you to add a line then just call 611 to reach customer service:
Follow below steps to add the line manually with a rep over the phone:
1. call 611
2. when prompted, " say the key word " CANCEL"
3. If the bot asks if you want to cancel a feature or cancel the service then say "PROCEED" <-- you do this so that you could be routed to T-mobile account specialist
4. Explain that you want to add " Simple Choice North America for Wearables: Unlimited Talk + Text + 500MB High-Speed Data $15.00 on your account"
5. Confirm that you will receive $10 discount a month to make the total cost $5 a month.
6. Please make sure you let the rep know which area code you prefer.
Enjoy the watch once activated.
As for non-T-mobile customers, you can have the same service for $15 a month.
Is activation worth it? Yes. Of coarse! Have you ever experienced dead phone battery, lost phone, phone malfunction, locking your keys in the car along with your phone, and leaving your phone in your or other people's car? In such cases, even backups phones cant help you unless it was both active and on your possessions. Gear S2 makes a truly great back up phone in such emergencies. You would not miss any calls from your loved ones either especially when they need you. It is probably why you bought this watch over the wifi version in the first place.
T-mobile and Samsung got rid of removable sim card with Gear S2.
This means checking IMEI number alone through T-mobile is not enough to check whether the watch is truly activation ready or not. For example, I had gotten a refurb gear S2 from A4C. Accordinging to T-mobile, the watch was ready to be activated for it had good IMEI number. However the e-sim card number attached to the phone would not allow activation to go through. It turned out the E-sim card was suspended due to original owner not paying the balance. Smartwatch with both IMEI number and E-sim card is fairly new. I guess it could be a positive thing because you get to find out if the device is good or bad quicker.
Just make sure you activate the Gear S2 with T-mobile as soon as you receive it. Even if you do not have or plan on using the watch on T-mobile, should check try this to determine if the device is really clean or not. You do not truly know if it is really activation ready( meaning clean) or not until you actually attempt to do so. Activation is worth it because you are not tied to a yearly contract. You can also cancel it and not pay anything if you do so within 14 days.
You can check the IMEI number down below.
Again, check 1. your IMEI number. If it says it has remaining balance then ask seller to replace the watch.
2. try to activate the watch on T-mobile, if it goes through then it's good. If it does not work then check with T-mobile to see if failure was resulted from suspened E-SIM card or account. In such case, return it for replacement.
FOLLOW STEPS BELOW IF SIM (ICCID) ON GEAR 2 IS ASSIGNED TO ANOTHER ACCOUNT:
1. go to store and ask them to add a line for a wearable plan $5 (with $10 credit) if you are TMO customer. They will want to charge you $20 for sim card kit. Try to have them waive the activation charge.
2. later call or chat online and tell them you want to add your watch to that wearable plan and want to update the simcard (iccid) to that line. give them iccid from your watch.
Hopefully, that should do it.