Deal DetailsLast Edited by Naoautorizada September 25, 2016 at 02:37 AM
If you missed it last time or want/need more of these (to swap in and out of phone to create unlimited free GSM service) - it's back.
100% Free GSM Mobile Phone Service w/ Global 3-in-1 SIM Kit
Global 3-in-1 GSM Sim Card with basic free service (see below) pre-activated PLUS
*** Global Unlimited Talk, Text, and 1GB Trial (free for 1st month, then $19.99/mo)
*** Premium Plus Trial (Free for first month, then $7.99/mo)
*** (BE SURE TO DOWNGRADE THESE TO THE TOTALLY FREE PLAN (see below) WELL BEFORE THE END OF THE ONE MONTH TRIAL PERIOD
TO AVOID BEING CHARGED $27 IN THE FOLLOWING MONTH/S.)
"Today's Special": $0.99 + Free Shipping
Compatible with unlocked GSM AT&T and Tmobile phones
Use your phone around the world (US and most of Europe) for free
Comes with Totally Free Ongoing Basic Monthly Plan: 200 mins, 500 texts & 200MB (+ up to 500Mb/mo for connecting - only once - to "friends")
No contract. No commitment. Cancel anytime.
Free unlimited calling & texting between FreedomPop Phones
High Speed HSPA+ and Nationwide 3G
WiFi calling and texting from anywhere
Get a new phone number or keep your own
Free international calling from over 60 countries
Earn additional free data every month by adding friends
Earn unlimited free data by completing partner offers
FreedomPop free talk/text on Android and Apple devices running Android 4.0+ and iOS 7.0+ only
Sim ships activated
(Note that because there is now a $35 fee to return cell phones at Best Buy, you may be best served by spending the extra $2 to get it at Walmart.)
How to set up Sprint's Boost Mobile Moto E for use on Freedompop GSM
These steps are for a brand new, stock (unrooted) phone.
1. Remove Boost Mobile sim, insert Freedompop, and boot phone.
2. On setup screen, select English USA (this worked for me, other choices may work too)
3. Turn off wi-fi.
4. Go to Settings and select Data Usage. Cell Data toggles on automatically.
5. Back to Settings select More, then Mobile Networks
6. Click on Network Mode, opens popup Preferred Network Mode - select Automatic
7. Click 2 or 3 times on Roaming Settings and then more options will appear below
8. Check Allow GSM Data
9. Back at Settings go to Data Usage and open the menu at the top
10. On this drop-down menu, select Cellular Networks (Roaming should already be on but if not, toggle it on.)
11. Click on Access Point Names and add the Freedompop name and apn freedompop.foggmobile.com
12. Then click on menu and Save.
13. Select Freedompop and look for 3G icon in upper right of screen. If it doesn't appear, reboot. The Network Signal Info Pro app shows this "3G" as HSPA+ 42.2 Mbps (42.2 Mbps is the top speed this technology is capable of, not the local connection speed)
One or two updates will be offered.
25.11.25 fixes Stagefright 21.3 mb. Can download via cellular.
25.11.26 is about 13 mb and can only be downloaded via wi-fi or sideloaded. I have read that this update broke bluetooth tethering on phones on Ringplus.
Instructions courtesy of Webossified http://slickdeals.net/forums/member.php?u=26
If you like this, please rep him for taking the time to show us how.
Following instructions courtesy of vetti: http://slickdeals.net/forums/member.php?u=63
IF after following above steps, it still doesnt connect to FP, you can try to reflash the modem and see if that works - it did for me. Steps to do that:
- Grab modem from here . Get the surnia boost one, something like: M8916_2020610.17.03.21.26R. Extract the zip into some folder - u should see a NON-HLOS.bin file.
- Enable Developer options on ur phone by tapping build number in About phone for 7 times. After that, enable usb debugging.
- Install minimal adb/fastboot if you dont already have it: http://forum.xda-developers.com/s...?t=2317790
- Install moto drivers: http://www.motorola.co
- open a command window in the folder where u extracted the modem, Connect ur phone and accept the RSA prompt on ur phone for debugging. Run Code:
adb reboot bootloader
- The phone should drop down to bootloader. Now run the following:
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin fastboot erase modemst1 fastboot erase modemst2 fastboot reboot
- Should boot back up and give it a few mins - service shows up (provided u were able to add the APN etc as in the original instructions).
So if you miss a call, or as often happens the incoming call does not ring, it will go to a voicemail that you cannot retrieve unless you pay FreedomPop. Of course, the person calling you doesn't know that.
Makes the Global SIM kind of useless for voice. But works fine for data.