Thread DetailsLast Edited by nuffsaid July 30, 2013 at 03:24 PM
I know there are a couple of websites around that offer to teach you how to coupon shop for a fee. I just wanted to take a moment to tell you there is NO NEED to pay anyone a fee to learn to shop. All you need is SD and the coupon love you can get here is amazing.
Coupon shopping takes one thing....the confidence to learn and try. It can be scary but you can do it. Again, no need to pay someone. There are many many Jedi masters here that like to help Padawans.
I know it seems like SD can be overwhelming. Especially for those with little time to peruse the entire board. Here are some of my fave threads...
Here's a thread with the rules. I like it because the first two posts have a good list of abbreviations for nooblets. There is some really good info in it too. Not just boring old rules....
Drugstore and Grocery Store Index and Information Thread
Need more q resources??
Clipper Sites Thread
Here is a current list of printable q's. TYVM to Bailey327 and Laulea2782 for all their hard work and to all contributors for their finds!
Printable Manufacturer's Coupon Compilation
A new fabulous addition here to SD is the Coupon Database. Thanks SD team!
SD Coupon Database
Having problems printing Brick's coupons??
Troubleshooting Bricks Problems TYVM AlanisRox69
Want to see what's coming?
2013 Newspaper Coupon Insert Schedule TYVM Shopnut.
A place to trade coupons....
DS Coupon Trading Thread From me.
A place to gift or receive coupons....
RAOK Thread for Giving Away Coupons TYVM MFH.
Here is a list of unexpired paper q's to match up with your deals....
Alpha List of Unexpired Newspaper Q's TYVM Thxslic and Shopnut. That thing is a monster to update I am sure.
Need to learn about coupon policy acceptance at your local stores? TYVM Shuri!
Store Coupon Policy and Acceptance Thread
Grumpy cashiers not wanting to take your q's? Commiserate here...
What is the funniest, strangest, most off the wall reason a cashier has given you for NOT taking your coupons?
The Drugstore and Grocery Store Index and Information Thread is mod stickied to the top. Maybe you'd like to create a personal sticky of some of them? At the top of the thread, on the far right is a thread tool link. You can subscribe (my personal fave) or sticky any thread you like.
List of Common Abbreivations
Abbreviations Sitewide and/or Commonly Used Abbreviations in the DS forum (located in WIKI)
LASTLY......don't be afraid to ask! Read the wiki. (What's a and/or Wiki? It's the first post after the initial post in a thread. It can be updated by any registered user. Just like Wikipedia!) And then if you still have a question, I am sure someone will help. PM, IM, phone a friend or bat call. Just ask.
Afraid of the Wiki? Go here for some FAQ regarding the Wiki.
YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!
Thread with suggestions and ideas for coupon organization.. ** Credit goes to mrsjawshewa and NCSUFire**
2012 Coupon Insert Schedule
Where can I use store q and manu q on the same item? TYVM Plgffl & MommieD
- Target- Yes you can use a store q and a manu q on one item.
- CVS- Yes you can use a cvs q and a manu q on each item.
- Publix- Yes you can use a publix q and a manu q on each item.
- Kroger- You can use Kroger coupons with manu q's, but not e-coupons (electronic coupons; such as shortcuts, cellfire, Kroger loadable coupons, etc).. *the register no longer allows for both an EQ and MQ to be used together on one item*
- Walgreens- Yes you can use a wag q and a manu q. (Register won't allow more coupons than items in order) *always use the MQ first, then the Walgreens IVC (instant value coupon)*
- Petsmart& PetCo- Yes you can use a store q and a manu q at those stores.
- Rite-Aid- I beleive you can, I have , but I am not sure of the official policy.
- Update on Rite-Aid policy: They do allow store q along with manufacturer q's. This was told to me by a store manager when I was in CA recently.
- Meijer - Yes you can use Meijer Mealbox or Meijer discount Q's from ads with a manu q.
- BJ's Wholesale Club - register flags possible duplicate but allows both BJ's and manu q.
Add to the list of stores that accept both coupons on one item: Safeway and Albertsons and Fred Meyer.
The best thing is to email your stores and ask for a copy of their official coupon policy.
This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.
Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.