We've heard your feedback and are continuing to build a better Slickdeals. Click here to check out the updated site.
You last visited: Today at 01:51 PM
|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|08-13-2012 12:02 PM|
I found another good one after doing further research...
you can configure it to get similar specs under 1100.. now, I'm torn between ASUS or Sager T_T
|08-13-2012 07:53 AM|
|Aznsky||I'm curious as well as I'm in the same exact dilemma|
|08-12-2012 01:45 PM|
ASUS N56VZ-RB71 vs Lenovo Y580 vs MSI GE60 (around $1000)
I'm in the market for a new mainstream laptop.
1) Budget: below $1200
2) Size: 15" - 16" screen
3) Brand preference: I heard ASUS has the best build quality (the reason why I'm leaning more towards the ASUS laptop). However, I've received mixed reviews on Lenovo and MSI. Some say the IdeaPad line doesn't have a good build quality (only the ThinkPad does). and I'm not experienced with MSI quality.
4) Tasks: mainly for school, but I game sometimes (Assassin's creed, witcher 2, civilization 5)
5) Portability: I don't lug my laptop around so much, but I'm not sure if I want something like ASUS G55. Just way to heavy for me if I do have to carry my laptop around (plus it has a very short battery life).
6) Battery life: Like I said, this new laptop will probably spend most of its time on my desk, but I think 3-4 hours on full charge is desired (standard usage, MS office, browsing, NOT gaming).
7) Store preference: I don't really mind if I can't see/play with the recommended laptop, but if you find a local store (zip 78705), that's even better.
8) OS: Windows 7. I think I'd like to buy this laptop before windows 8 comes out (heard it's a mess for gaming). you're welcomed to convince to get windows 8 though.
9) Screen: prefer non-glossy, must be full HD (not 1366x768), confused about LED and LCD
10) Other considerations:
I also put a special emphasis on build quality. I don't want to deal with customer service, and I don't think I can spend the time (with school and stuff). I don't abuse my electronics (other than gaming), so I wish this new laptop would last for as long as possible (forever , at least 5 years).
I'm not in a hurry, so you could suggest me to wait for a better deal (if you think that's going to happen, a price drop).
Right now, I'm looking at these three laptops:
ASUS N56VZ-RB71 ,
Lenovo Y580 ,
MSI GE60 .
Which one would you recommend? or your own recommendation...