You last visited: Today at 04:43 PM
|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|03-30-2011 07:46 PM|
Has anyone been able to get an even swap with the new boards. I purchased the bundle deal (i2500k+Asus P8P67 Pro = $339.00). The motherboard was $159.99. Went to my local MC and was told that I can return the old board for full refund and purchase the new board for $189.99. I was told they will not do an even swap (old for new). They indicate that Asus will do that. Can anyone confirm this.
If the manufacturer is doing an even swap, why doesn't MC also. Intel is suppose to be picking up the cost for this issue.
|03-09-2011 01:23 PM|
|03-09-2011 11:55 AM|
|hangon||New P8P67 Motherboards started coming into Microcenter|
|02-14-2011 12:24 PM|
|hangon||I have added Recall Letter Wiki...|
|02-13-2011 06:48 PM|
|confused2much||Anyone have any idea where I can still buy a motherboard? Not really concerned with the recalls.|
|02-13-2011 06:39 AM|
|02-11-2011 03:10 PM|
|seanponders||Yep, I just got a recall letter from MC today|
|02-11-2011 01:46 PM|
I just spoke to Micro Center , they are extending the return policy on the motherboard and the processor by 1 more month than their regual 30 day policy to accommodate the issue. They are expecting the new motherboards end of march. If we wait till that time they will NOT accept returns/exchanges in store, we have to deal with Intel / Motherboard company itself.
The above is from dallas mc, can anybody else confirm from other stores.. what they are saying ?
|02-10-2011 06:29 PM|
|02-09-2011 09:26 PM|
|MaRiO3||I returned mine today & the employee noted on my return receipt when the fixed boards come back I'll get the bundle for the same price. He also mentioned they will have new bundle prices too. He couldn't confirm the what boards they where & the prices, so I guess well see.|
|02-07-2011 01:04 PM|
I still have my 2500k and P8P67 Pro in the box. Just didn't have the time to put it together. Both from MC.
I almost picked up a SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 5570 for $50.00 AR this weekend. I was hoping to slap it together at the end of this week if I had gotten the Video Card but now I'm thinking of returning the motherboard to MC, keeping the processor and wait for the Z68 to be released. For me the whole point of the 2500k was the on-die graphics.
Late April is two months away, and I'm not sure the Z68 will be release then so I'm still wondering if it's worth getting the Video Card and just put this thing together and enjoy the next two months. But when the Z68 comes out and if they allow us to upgrade to that board, I would have to trash the Radeon HD 5570. Decisions.
|02-07-2011 07:01 AM|
|slapshot136||amazon is still selling the motherboards (well they aren't getting any new stock, but they have some), so if anyone is interested in this deal now and doesn't mind exchanging motherboards later, that's still a viable option|
|02-07-2011 06:53 AM|
Only a crystal ball will tell you this, it would be nice for them to offer a z board but I will not hold my breath.
What feature are you looking for in the z67? I don't need to use the on board graphics and the SSD caching sounds nice but I keep almost everything on SSD now anyways so it doesn't help me much.
|02-07-2011 12:15 AM|
|Peter949||I'm running mine just fine at 4.8ghz and using the affected sata ports in a raid 0 ;D. Intel Rapid Storage has reported 0 errors and plan to swap out to a new rev. when OEMs get their revised boards.|
|02-06-2011 10:02 PM|
will they allow to swap with the new boards..as I think the Z series will be out in early / late April...which will be out of 30 day return policy with most of stores both BM and online???
|This thread has more than 15 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.|