You last visited: Today at 12:53 PM
|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|06-26-2012 05:57 AM|
|06-26-2012 03:42 AM|
*edit* added screen shot of hacker's keyboard. Has more keys than the webos one but since it's mean to replicate an actual PC keyboard it's supposed to have more keys.
|06-26-2012 03:16 AM|
|C0G4N||Uhhg What's the difference between the Swiftkey 3 and the Swiftkey 3 Tablet?|
|06-25-2012 10:17 AM|
|jbloggs||I really like the layout of the HP Touchpad (WebOS) keyboard with separate row for numeric keys. Not sure if such a layout is available on Android.|
|06-25-2012 09:15 AM|
I updated the Op. #2 Top Paid App on Google Play Store.
Amazon now matching sale price and a free $1 mp3 credit.
|06-22-2012 05:19 PM|
This should help.
|06-22-2012 08:45 AM|
Just purchased it for my tablet so I'll check it out at home.
|06-22-2012 08:43 AM|
|pecel||Its annoying with the update I have to press a bit longer to select ? or ! in the swiftkey|
|06-22-2012 07:53 AM|
Is there a way to disable the little pop up boxes that appear every time you type a letter? It didn't do that with the previous version but my phone updated via the Amazon App the other day and now it has that. I didn't see an option in settings anywhere
But Hell Yes! Swiftkey is the best keyboard there is. I love when I only have to type one or two letters of an entire sentence because it knows what I'm trying to say and it just fills in the words for me.
|06-22-2012 04:58 AM|
I havent really noticed a drop off in the voice recog feature, as long as i talk like HAL I find it ot be over ~95% accurate, which is just as good as my typing usually but faster and more effortless so....
Hmmm Skyvi is interesting, seems pretty good so far... more testing before I give full review.
|06-22-2012 04:41 AM|
my biggest beef with swype is how to type punctuation, is there a guide to the little tips/tricks that make swype much better?
|06-22-2012 04:32 AM|
1. People using the smaller keyboard/portrait view
2. People who hate pecking and clucking
3. Artistic people (the "flow" of this kind of typing cannot be matched
4. Impatient people, ie, swiftkey, when typing landscape with two thumbs, sucked when I tried to type really fast and many times I ended up pressing the next key a little too fast, ie, simultaneously, and it missed it and really screwed up the words, that was super annoying
It seems swiftkey is better for
1. Pure traditional typists.. it was surprisingly accurate even though my typing is not accurate at all at that speed, and also felt like I was still "typing" which I don't care for
2. On the larger/landscape keyboard.. Swype is actually faster and better on the smaller, less distance to travel, more screen space... but in landscape view with larger kb, swiftkey is the winner, but not sure why that would really be an overall advantage
Overall I think for good typists, swiftkey has the potential to be faster than a Swype typist, but for all the reasons mentioned above, I'll start with Swype.
Fyi, I don't like the Swype beta at all... maybe I have to mess with settings but
1. It keeps selecting whole words by default when I try to place cursor
2. The new handwriting thing looks cool but works horribly, ie, not really usually
3. The vibrate on key press for secondary keys vibrates only on initial key press, so you are not quite sure when the question mark actually executed.
4. The backspace/delete key is now the scrolling delete when held down instead of whole words delete.. maybe I am just used to the whole words delete, but I preferred that.. I feel like now I have to wait forever to delete a few words if need be, or even one longer word.
End of review and rant.
|06-21-2012 07:56 PM|
|06-21-2012 07:49 PM|
|looked||must have app for all android user|
|06-21-2012 07:20 PM|
|fbueller||Swype is great, but the beta's voice recognition is now Dragon rather than Google. Dragon is awful, Google was way better and there's no way I can tell to get it back. FAIL.|
|This thread has more than 15 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.|