We're working on a new Slickdeals. Click here to check it out.
You last visited: Today at 10:05 PM
|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|12-28-2012 04:31 PM|
|xendrome||One of these on woot right now, not the same model so I am not sure if its a good deal or not. - http://www.woot.com/|
|12-28-2012 04:20 PM|
|12-28-2012 03:38 PM|
|Dillweed||Would this watch be able to give a solid location if I were to get injured and need to call for assistance when I'm out on a trail by myself on the other side of BFE?|
|12-28-2012 02:03 PM|
I own this, and it is a great beginner GPS watch. One thing to consider is that it does not give instant pace. The pace shown is an average for the last mile, so if you need that feature, you're out of luck. Amazon has the 405CX for $130 right now.
|12-28-2012 01:56 PM|
Well looks like the Garmin 410 is no longer available through amazon ($149). Someone mentioned a coupon at costco for $25 off $100 using AMEX. Is this still valid?
EDIT: NVM on the costco deal. Looks like that is no longer valid anymore. Can no longer redeem that offer.
|12-28-2012 01:41 PM|
I have one of these watches, my only complaint is that the buttons are too easy to push. when running with short sleeves and no gloves it's not a problem, but when wearing gloves and long sleeves the buttons are highly susceptible to being activated against your will.
while trail running: activate watch, start run. look at watch twenty minutes later it has paused. restart, has happened a lot.
I am past my return date so I am learning to live with it, other than that it's a great watch.
|12-28-2012 12:42 PM|
|12-28-2012 12:35 PM|
|jmor||This or the 310XT?|
|12-10-2012 06:18 PM|
|12-10-2012 12:44 PM|
|12-08-2012 09:17 AM|
Has anyone had experience with Buydig. The reviews of the site aren't that great and hubby wanted a watch for running. This was one I was looking into so the price is great.
ETA: does anyone know if this has the original rubbery heart rate strap or do they come with the premium fabric strap
|12-05-2012 07:46 AM|
|Fishiest1||Thanks! Just got one!|
|12-05-2012 07:01 AM|
I believe the 410 doesn't have all the bezel problems as the 405. I don't believe you can compare between the 405 and 410.
I still have the 305. I had the 610, but returned it for full refund because the build quality was horrible. I would like a smaller watch on my wrist, but do like the big screen on the 305....
|12-04-2012 09:29 PM|
I own 2 of the 110's, and swap them out so that I always have one charged... here's some things I think you should know:
1. (as previously pointed out) not waterproof. Do not swim with it, it CAN get wet (like rain) and a quick drop in a puddle but that's it.
2. The battery runs down quickly. If you keep it charged, not a problem.
3. For the price on this thread, DO get the heart rate monitor. It is an ANT+ based chest strap which means it may also work with OTHER fitness equipment. The HR monitor is a small adder on this deal.
4. Corollary to #3- if you own this watch, or not sure you want the HR monitor, you can BUY a non-Garmin ANT+ HR monitor later and it will probably work with this watch. I personally use a CycleOps HR monitor with this watch no problem.
5. The size and comfort of this what is great. I hate having a brick on my wrist (I also have the 305).
6. Sometimes it is slow to acquire GPS... seems normal to me.
7. If this chronograph doesn't start immediately upon pressing the "Start" button, you have to many events logged in the memory, and you need to clear them out. Very annoying bug/feature.
The "non-HR" watch still has the ANT+ receiver in it- both watches I have are the "non-HR" package. Unless they've changed the design (and I doubt it) you'll be getting an ANT+ receiver in the 110 either way.
Note that Dynastream, the Canadian company that created the ANT radio protocol used by this watch, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Garmin (bought in 2006). So, I think ANT+ will be around for a while...
|12-04-2012 06:47 PM|
|JEP1122||My hubby is getting me this for Christmas! Thanks for the info! TU & rep.|
|This thread has more than 15 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.|