We're working on a new Slickdeals. Click here to check it out.
You last visited: Today at 05:05 PM
|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|05-19-2013 11:40 PM|
|01-23-2013 02:07 PM|
|01-10-2013 02:39 PM|
|01-10-2013 11:08 AM|
|BoldIntrepid||Got it.. Now I have 3 bibles on my phone|
|01-09-2013 02:02 PM|
|01-09-2013 12:42 PM|
|01-09-2013 12:29 PM|
|rickrone||you have to pay for kjv|
|01-09-2013 12:16 PM|
So I tried this out and left a negative review on Google Play:
There are many simple usability features that I feel are missing. If this was a failure on my part to discover those features then my complaint would be that they are not easily discoverable.
The features I wish were included are:
- Vertical Scrolling - In my opinion every reader app should have the choice of vertical scrolling or horizontal page turning. Pretty much every reader app does this.
- Allow dismissal of the bottom panel - there is a Notes panel on the bottom that cannot be hidden either with on-screen gestures or in the settings. It can be resized, but the minimum size is about 30% up the screen. I want to focus on the scripture, full screen, then delve into notes/resources if necessary. I'd like the option for notes/resources to be full screen as well
- Allow divider between notes panel to be horizontal or vertical, especially in landscape mode
- Allow different translations and ability to utilize the panels to compare translations side-by-side - perhaps Logos wants folks to use their other Bible app for working with other translations... the difference between their different apps should be made clear.
- In-app registration or link directly to registration. Navigating their website to figure out how to register was confusing. My first attempt to register didn't work either.
The app was also very glitchy and unresponsive for the first 15 minutes of use. I received several cryptic notifications during this time that the app had successfully downloaded something.... the app itself was giving obscure errors while trying to load resources that hadn't been downloaded yet I think.
All-together I'm sticking with the YouVersion bible app. I wish YouVersion had better access to notes/study resources like select any verse/chapter/book and see a list of relevant free study materials, cross-references, etc. YouVersion also seems stutter/flicker a lot when my phone is switching from wifi to 4G or has a spotty connection - I think it's switching between the downloaded copy and the network copy of the open translation. If I'm reading out loud a bunch I'll even turn off network data so that the app doesn't lock up on me while reading. Overall though, YouVersion is a solid bible app and the best free Bible app I've come across.
|01-09-2013 11:52 AM|
|guitardedboy||I know this is free for now. But would God forgive you if you missed the free offer and torrented/stole a free bible?|
|01-09-2013 11:40 AM|
That's called a Serra smack down! I've had me some of that before. Stings don't it??!
|01-09-2013 10:41 AM|
|aggravated||Apparently the mods didn't want to deal with a free religion item in Hot Deals.|
|01-09-2013 10:39 AM|
don't like the deal? it's simple, don't click on it.
to deliberately come in here and spew your off-topic ugly opinion is considered trolling.
say thanks or move on.
|01-09-2013 10:23 AM|
|Immacoolguy||This has been free for 6 months. Might as well grab it, they could potentially start charging in the future.|
|01-09-2013 10:23 AM|
|01-09-2013 10:22 AM|
|This thread has more than 15 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.|