The hottest deals voted on by our community.
Selected and verified by our team of deal editors.
These deals are currently popular in the
community based on votes and comments.
Low prices and coupons for
The deals and coupons you see on Slickdeals are
contributed by our community. It's what makes
us different. Do you have a great deal to share
with the Slickdeals community?
Track a product from one of our supported stores
and get notified when there is a price drop. You also
have access to graphs of recent price history.
Slickdeals is the leading and most trusted online
community dedicated to sharing, rating,
and reviewing deals and coupons.
See the latest posts, threads, and ratings
as they happen with Slickdeals Live.
If you don't have Amazon Prime you can use
our Amazon Fillers tool to make sure your
cart qualifies for free shipping.
Find us, friend us, and connect with us across the web.
You last visited: Today at 10:03 PM
|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|03-20-2013 12:35 PM|
|Nate650||Anyone know if this is still available, particularly in the Bay Area?|
|03-12-2013 01:16 PM|
|Goodguy818||So i can order from Costco.com even if im not a member?|
|03-12-2013 01:02 PM|
I looked at it but didn't pull the trigger. the LEDs looked so much better in the bright area. I have a big open living room.. Most of the windows would be behind the TV but there are a few in front....Not sure what to do.. I saw a few LEDs that were 300 to 800 off that looked good. They also have a LG 60in Plasma with no 3d or WIFI either of those 2 I could care less about.
|03-12-2013 06:55 AM|
|03-12-2013 06:48 AM|
Sale ends today.. I have a 51in Samsung LCD about 3 years old.. The picture is fine but I am starting to have problems when turning the TV on... The screen goes nuts and the sound screeches... It reboots a few times then is fine the rest of the day but im scared its going to pop soon...
I may open and see If its a capacitor or something easy to fix but at the same time 699 for this TV I don't want to miss...
anyone other reviews for those that bought?
|03-09-2013 09:33 AM|
I returned the Panasonic and got the LG and watched movies and sports on it all last night. I agree with most of your points below. The picture is what you would expect. No, the colors are not "amazing" but they are fine and the sharpness and brightness of the image is excellent--precisely what I was missing on the plasma. I felt like I could just watch the damn thing without being distracted by the image quality all the time, which is what was happening with the Panasonic.
It's funny, the little details you start noticing when you get one of these TVs...early in the evening I was watching the Celtics (green) vs. the Hawks (red) and the picture was just perfect. I was loving it. With panasonic plasma I was distracted often because the skin tones of especially African American people--and I'm thinking of Doc Rivers especially, lol, or Will Smith (who I watched in "I, Robot") had a greenish tint. I did not have that problem with the LG. On the other hand, when I watched the late-night game, Houston @ Golden State, the Nuggets' uniforms and court has this hideous bright yellow that was a bit overwhelming on the screen. Whatever.
Between these games I watched a good bit of "Inglorious Basterds" and I thought the image was just great. Once again, not a real "cinema" experience, but really pleasing.
In any case, I'm happy--for now. 89 more days to change my mind!
|03-08-2013 03:02 PM|
|03-08-2013 01:12 PM|
1) Passive 3D as I stated in previous post. I now have 10 pairs of glasses and only spent $15 on top of the TV. I would have to spend $200+ for 10 pairs of the generic Samsung active glasses you can find on Amazon that work for the panasonic 3D tv and other active 3d tv's.
2) The 2d--->3d is actually pretty cool. It works best in sports (basketball games) from my experience. Nothing is gonna jump out at you, but it adds some real depth to it. More of a "cool" feature though, as opposed to something I will use alot.
3) The picture is very crisp and clear. I am not a huge tv buff, but I do think the colors may not be as good as a top of the line plasma. But again, that is why i am interested to hear your opinion compared to the U50.
4) There is an awesome "auto-picture optimizer" tool that works well. But honestly I prefer the tv to be on the built in "vivid" setting.
5) There is a game mode for preventing lag in gaming. Although I never have been a big believer in that mode anyway. I can never tell the difference.
6) You can plug in to ethernet to get firmware updates seamlessly. Although the costco tv's have the newest firmware already.
7) Compared to a plasma, you never have to worry about the "burn in" affect or the red/white snow effect that I got on my last samsung plasma.
8) Overall the tv just feels/looks crisp and clean. The picture isn't going to blow you away, but it is definitely not going to dissapoint and is bright and vibrant.
Hope this helps!!
Either way, take my words with a grain of salt because i am NOT tv buff. Nice thing about costco is that they have an easy return policy, so you really have nothing to lose.... except some inconvenience.
|03-08-2013 01:03 PM|
The thing that sold me on the LG is that I wanted 3D and they came with 4 pairs of glasses, and you can get glasses for cheap on top of that (use same as 3D movie theaters. So you can keep from movies).... or you can buy on Amazon for cheap. I got this 4 pack for under $15. http://www.amazon.com/RealD-Inc-8...B005Q3HFB8
Let me know what you decide and what you think Good luck!
|03-08-2013 11:44 AM|
Will do. There's also a 55" Vizio on sale for $799 M550SL that has built in wifi and apps but no 3D. Am leaning toward the LG for now, because the wifi can always be added through Roku, apple tv etc.
|03-08-2013 09:55 AM|
|03-08-2013 08:41 AM|
|fueradeljuego||Taking my panasonic back.... the glare notwithstanding (not much of an issue), just cannot get used to the dark image and the kind of hazy veneer, it drives me nuts while watching basketball. And yes, I have tried every calibration and customization under the sun. Enough! Gonna go for the LG 55LM4600 for the same price ($699)|
|03-05-2013 01:12 PM|
|03-05-2013 01:09 PM|
|proppat||I really wish Costco would have had a 50" one to put on clearance. 50" is pushing it, 55" is just too big for the livingroom!|
|03-05-2013 01:08 PM|
|This thread has more than 15 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.|