Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Turbo Tax & Quicken Software-Staples --$25.00 After Rebate and 25 0ff 75 coupon (http://slickdeals.net/f/1798023-turbo-tax-quicken-software-staples-25-00-after-rebate-and-25-0ff-75-coupon)

coachkfan89 01-08-2010 08:57 PM

Turbo Tax & Quicken Software-Staples --$25.00 After Rebate and 25 0ff 75 coupon
 
Staples has the Deluxe Turbo Tax for 49.99. Combine that with Quicken software shown in this link. Now here is what you get. Turbo Tax 49.99 + Quicken 30.00.-- Subtract 25 off 75 coupon and get instant rebate for 30.00--Final Cost 25 and change. Sounds like a good deal to me. Looked to see if this was posted, but did not see anything as such.

http://www.staples.com/TurboTax-D...rea=SEARCH

wikipost 01-08-2010 08:57 PM

This post can and should be edited by users like you :)
 
cheap coupons are here [e-junkie.com]

A lot of the software prices have been reduced by $10...Total is now 69.95 for both of them, and you'll have to add some filler to your cart to get to $75 in order to use the coupon. Or if you've already purchased, call them for a price match refund!

lambdasig86 01-08-2010 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coachkfan89 (Post 26487777)
Staples has the Deluxe Turbo Tax for 49.99. Combine that with Quicken software shown in this link. Now here is what you get. Turbo Tax 49.99 + Quicken 30.00.-- Subtract 25 off 75 coupon and get instant rebate for 30.00--Final Cost 25 and change. Sounds like a good deal to me. Looked to see if this was posted, but did not see anything as such.


Link?

myd 01-08-2010 09:07 PM

Sounds pretty slick. Link to $25 off coupon?

tifa9889 01-08-2010 09:18 PM

Maybe OP is referring to the barcoded one time use $25 off $75 qs that some customers get. you can buy them on ebay or that other site (I forgot name)

entranced 01-08-2010 10:19 PM

Yes, it's most likely an ejunkie coupon or whatnot. Probably cost you 2-3 bucks.

ninevolt 01-08-2010 10:56 PM

Never bought software from staples. Do you get a boxed product, or is this a download?

techy2 01-08-2010 11:05 PM

$35 after rebate if you want the Turbotax Deluxe with state ($60) instead of Turbotax Deluxe without state($50)

mcsmoothearl 01-09-2010 02:33 AM

Of course, I can use TAXACT.COM [taxact.com] for $17.95 to complete (and e-file) state and federal ... but good lookin' out, OP. If I needed Quicken, this would be great.

Heywood Jablomi 01-09-2010 04:34 AM

This looks like it's not an instant rebate, but a $30 prepaid VISA [stapleseasyrebates.com]. It is a Staples Easy Rebate, so it's still a pretty good deal. I got the coupon on ejunkie for $2.18. Math is
$59.99 TurboTax Deluxe + State
$29.99 Quicken Starter 2010
-25 coupon
+tax
-------
$68.88 to Staples

Add $2.18 for coupon = $71.06 for both programs & a $30 VISA card = net $41.06.

Heywood Jablomi 01-09-2010 04:46 AM

Actually, when you process the SER, there's a button for "see my other options" and one of those options is a $30 check instead of the VISA.

Jackalope 01-09-2010 04:53 AM

This would be a YMMV but may be doable if your staples allows a price match and the use of a coupon.

Costco has TTAX Deluxe with State on Sale for $39.99 at their warehouse club stores and online with $4.99 shipping

TTAX At Costco [costco.com]

Use the two FAR products (Tape and Pens) they have on sale ending today for $7.

Here is the rough breakdown:

$40 TTAX Price Matched to Costco
$30 Quicken
$4 Pens
$3 Tape
=== Total
$77

-30 Quicken/TTax Rebate
-25 25/75 coupon
-4 Pen easyRebate
-3 Tape easyRebate

$15 Grand Total Plus tax and cost of coupon

shelfmansd 01-09-2010 05:12 AM

If you are looking to upgrade your copy of Quicken, note that Quicken starter edition 2010 can only upgrade data files from Quicken starter edition 2009 & 2008, as listed here [intuit.com]. It will not upgrade the "normal" Quicken programs, since it won't import your existing data.

ndog02 01-09-2010 05:35 AM

state e-file is extra for boxed TT
 
Don't forget that state e-file will cost you $19.99 when using the boxed product as well.

sanjeeva7 01-09-2010 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndog02 (Post 26492871)
Don't forget that state e-file will cost you $19.99 when using the boxed product as well.

Isn't that only when you want direct deposit? Isn't also a deduction on your 2010 taxes?

Commentary 01-09-2010 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelfmansd (Post 26492723)
If you are looking to upgrade your copy of Quicken, note that Quicken starter edition 2010 can only upgrade data files from Quicken starter edition 2009 & 2008, as listed here [intuit.com]. It will not upgrade the "normal" Quicken programs, since it won't import your existing data.

I have Quicken 2007 Basic. I guess there is no way to upgrade to 2010 without first upgrading to Quicken 2008 or 2009?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninevolt (Post 26490187)
Never bought software from staples. Do you get a boxed product, or is this a download?


In the past, Intuit software from Staples always comes with retail boxes.

Peliman 01-09-2010 06:29 AM

It looks like State is free to print a copy or can be Efiled for $19.99. That's how State is looking to me.

Thanks everyone, sorting this one out.

nkb 01-09-2010 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commentary (Post 26492991)
I have Quicken 2007 Basic. I guess there is no way to upgrade to 2010 without first upgrading to Quicken 2008 or 2009?

No, Quicken allows you to skip versions. I've done it many times.

coachkfan89 01-09-2010 06:56 AM

This is a pretty slick deal if I must say so myself. I have yet to find it cheaper. Hopefully others can benefit.

Coachk

mgromowsky 01-09-2010 07:08 AM

Mint
 
I don't think this is a very slick deal. Mint.com is completely free and is way better than quicken (Quicken actually recently bought mint, i believe). So basically you're paying just for Turbo Tax. If you haven't checked out MInt yet, do yourself a favor. It is awesome.

rdilliker 01-09-2010 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgromowsky (Post 26494017)
I don't think this is a very slick deal. Mint.com is completely free and is way better than quicken (Quicken actually recently bought mint, i believe). So basically you're paying just for Turbo Tax. If you haven't checked out MInt yet, do yourself a favor. It is awesome.

Stop TCing.

spalt 01-09-2010 07:11 AM

Does anyone know if TurboTax imports TaxCut files? I've always been a TaxCut man.

lexluthor 01-09-2010 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelfmansd (Post 26492723)
If you are looking to upgrade your copy of Quicken, note that Quicken starter edition 2010 can only upgrade data files from Quicken starter edition 2009 & 2008, as listed here [intuit.com]. It will not upgrade the "normal" Quicken programs, since it won't import your existing data.

Thanks. I think this is the dealbreaker for me.

So I can't upgrade Quicken Deluxe 2009 to this Quicken Starter 2010?

I don't really need Quicken upgrade from 2009, so I just make do the easier Costco deal. No need to spend extra $20 for Quicken Deluxe 2010.

I think the deals were better last year?

yfastud 01-09-2010 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgromowsky (Post 26494017)
I don't think this is a very slick deal. Mint.com is completely free and is way better than quicken (Quicken actually recently bought mint, i believe). So basically you're paying just for Turbo Tax. If you haven't checked out MInt yet, do yourself a favor. It is awesome.

never used mint but for past 10+ yrs, never actually pay for tax software since most likely got it FAR or an actually free copy from Taxcut which is used to do taxes for whole big family 20+ people ;) anyway, thank for mentioning, might try it out ;)

julie1218 01-09-2010 07:26 AM

e b a t e s gives 3% back on staples.

yfastud 01-09-2010 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spalt (Post 26494083)
Does anyone know if TurboTax imports TaxCut files? I've always been a TaxCut man.

me, too ;) and still waiting for free copy they send me every year ;)

woodywoo 01-09-2010 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spalt (Post 26494083)
Does anyone know if TurboTax imports TaxCut files? I've always been a TaxCut man.

I've switched from TT to TC and back, several times for the last several years. There is a feature in both programs to import previous year data from competitor, to the current program you are using.

This is an article [thefinancebuff.com] from 2008, found doing a simple search.
I guess it depends on a particular year, if the "experts" find issues with importing data.

Good luck!

sic0048 01-09-2010 08:40 AM

Thanks,

I was going to buy at Costco, but then we found out that our Quicken 2007 version is going to be depreciated. Figured we might as well get 2010 and this seems to be the best deal for both softwares.

EDIT - here is the link to E-Junkie coupons [e-junkie.com]. Just choose one of the $25off $75.

sarcasmo 01-09-2010 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkb (Post 26493743)
No, Quicken allows you to skip versions. I've done it many times.

But the Starter Edition in this deal doesn't. You need Deluxe or better to import the 2007 files.

Quote:

Note: Quicken Starter Edition 2010 imports data from Quicken Starter Edition 2008 and 2009 products only.

bphoebe 01-09-2010 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgromowsky (Post 26494017)
I don't think this is a very slick deal. Mint.com is completely free and is way better than quicken (Quicken actually recently bought mint, i believe). So basically you're paying just for Turbo Tax. If you haven't checked out MInt yet, do yourself a favor. It is awesome.

"On November 2, 2009, Intuit announced their acquisition of Mint.com was complete. The former CEO of Mint.com, Aaron Patzer, was named vice president and general manager of Intuitís personal finance group, responsible for Mint.com and all Quicken online, desktop and mobile offerings." Not sure how long it will be free.

JYOSS 01-09-2010 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanjeeva7 (Post 26492903)
Isn't that only when you want direct deposit? Isn't also a deduction on your 2010 taxes?

I can't remember if the fee applies only to DD. I want to say that you're right, that if you request a paper check then they don't charge you. As for the e-file fee being deductible, 99% sure that the cost of the software is all that's deductible....keep in mind that the Fed deems it appropriate to tax a state refund as income on the following year's return!!! You gotta love double and triple taxation.....is there a middle finger emoticon somewhere?

chiayu83 01-09-2010 09:57 AM

Thanks OP! I had just bought the same software for $59.99 a week ago from Staples so I just contacted Staples and asked for a $10 price adjustment. Repped!

hosic 01-09-2010 09:58 AM

THumbs up on this post! My wife and I were actually getting ready to buy quicken deluxe for $59 today. So after all is said and done, were basically getting turbotax w/state and efile for free.
$59 - quicken
$59 - turbotax
-10 instant coupon
-25 off coupon
-30 check in mail
=$59 total (after tax, etc)

marksmith1010 01-09-2010 10:22 AM

anyone see the ejunkie coupon for 2.18? or have a scan of one I can have?

Heywood Jablomi 01-09-2010 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JYOSS (Post 26496451)
I can't remember if the fee applies only to DD. I want to say that you're right, that if you request a paper check then they don't charge you. As for the e-file fee being deductible, 99% sure that the cost of the software is all that's deductible....keep in mind that the Fed deems it appropriate to tax a state refund as income on the following year's return!!! You gotta love double and triple taxation.....is there a middle finger emoticon somewhere?

This is a common complaint, but I don't think that taxing money that was withheld from your check and you didn't pay taxes on in the 1st place qualifies as double or triple taxing. If so, let me withhold 100% from my check, and then I can get it all as a refund, tax free.

Quote:

Originally Posted by marksmith1010 (Post 26497917)
anyone see the ejunkie coupon for 2.18? or have a scan of one I can have?

They're one-time use. You'll have to buy one; google "ejunkie". I don't think we're allowed to link to them.

sic0048 01-09-2010 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarcasmo (Post 26496325)
But the Starter Edition in this deal doesn't. You need Deluxe or better to import the 2007 files.

This deal isn't for just the Starter Edition. You can buy any edition of Quicken. Obviously the other versions will cost more, but the overall price is still lower than buying it at other stores.

For example, I picked up the Turbo Tax Deluxe with State for $59.99 and Quicken Deluxe 2010 for $59.99 = $119.98 for both - $10 immediate coupon - $25 ejunkie coupon - $30 easy rebate check = $54.98 + tax + ejunkie coupon.

At Costco, they have Turbo Tax for $39.99 and Quicken Deluxe for $39.99 = $79.98 + tax.

coachkfan89 01-09-2010 02:38 PM

This is a SLICKDEAL for both software programs. Purchased a couple software programs for myself and family.

Coachk

bholzm1 01-09-2010 07:09 PM

I was just looking for both of these (Intuit is disabling all useful features in Quicken 2007 by April as they always do, argh.)

The $25 off $75 Staples coupon is what makes this slick. Thanks OP!

coachkfan89 01-09-2010 09:51 PM

TY!! Glad this deal worked out for you. For both programs it was the cheapest I could find it. Hopefully this deal saved people some money.

Coachk

mmathis 01-09-2010 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sic0048 (Post 26502823)
This deal isn't for just the Starter Edition. You can buy any edition of Quicken. Obviously the other versions will cost more, but the overall price is still lower than buying it at other stores.

For example, I picked up the Turbo Tax Deluxe with State for $59.99 and Quicken Deluxe 2010 for $59.99 = $119.98 for both - $10 immediate coupon - $25 ejunkie coupon - $30 easy rebate check = $54.98 + tax + ejunkie coupon.

At Costco, they have Turbo Tax for $39.99 and Quicken Deluxe for $39.99 = $79.98 + tax.

Any luck pricematching one or both of these? $80 - $25 coupon - $30 ER = $25 would be awesome for the more useful versions of both softwares

scottb01 01-10-2010 07:05 AM

Thanks!

$60 - Quicken Deluxe
$60 - TurboTax w/ State
$2 - $25 off 100 coupon
-10 Instant Coupon
-25 Coupon
-30 Rebate Check
=$57 total

woodrow01 01-11-2010 07:39 AM

Just to clarify, the coupons I see for sale on eBay say that they are not good with any other coupon, etc. Is there any problem using the eBay coupon together with $10 instant rebate?

wintertiger 01-11-2010 07:50 AM

I am a little bit confused here.

So let me ask: If I buy TurboTax Deluxe Federal and State with efile, do I need to pay extra to efile state tax?

mces 01-11-2010 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodrow01 (Post 26539205)
Just to clarify, the coupons I see for sale on eBay say that they are not good with any other coupon, etc. Is there any problem using the eBay coupon together with $10 instant rebate?

No problem at all. I do it all the time.

arichardtx 01-12-2010 10:31 AM

FYI ... difference [intuit.com] between CD and Online versions.

Thanks OP, I am in.

nkb 01-13-2010 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarcasmo (Post 26496325)
But the Starter Edition in this deal doesn't. You need Deluxe or better to import the 2007 files.

The question was specifically about whether you can skip from 2007 to 2010, without having to purchase 2008 and 2009, which you can (at least, that is the way I read it).

sonoma03 01-13-2010 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wintertiger (Post 26539499)
I am a little bit confused here.

So let me ask: If I buy TurboTax Deluxe Federal and State with efile, do I need to pay extra to efile state tax?

Yes you do. TurboTax only includes free e-file for your federal return; you have to pay if you want to e-file your state return. You can always print out and mail in your state return; I do it every year. Some states may also offer free e-file if you qualify; check with your state.

sonoma03 01-13-2010 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanjeeva7 (Post 26492903)
Isn't that only when you want direct deposit? Isn't also a deduction on your 2010 taxes?

No, e-file has nothing to do with direct deposit. It just saves you from printing and mailing in your return. You can mail in a paper return and still get direct deposit; I do it every year. I don't know if you can deduct the e-file fee or not, but if you can, it would be a miscellaneous expense (same category as investment and tax preparation expenses) for most people, so you can only deduct the amount that is in excess of 2% of your adjusted gross income.

moongazebo 01-14-2010 03:07 PM

thanks so much! worked beautifully in germantown, md -- and we used a gift card to pay the difference -- so super deal for us!

TripleABC 01-14-2010 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottb01 (Post 26515607)
Thanks!

$60 - Quicken Deluxe
$60 - TurboTax w/ State
$2 - $25 off 100 coupon
-10 Instant Coupon
-25 Coupon
-30 Rebate Check
=$57 total

So does this mean the coupons are stackable?

scottb01 01-15-2010 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleABC (Post 26656617)
So does this mean the coupons are stackable?

Yes! Instant will show up automatically.

AlohaNoKaOi 01-15-2010 06:13 AM

i'm sure people have asked this question but i never used their service...

but how do you guys rate E-JUNKIE? are they reliable? anybody got ripped off? thanks.

ywallet 01-15-2010 02:53 PM

@AlohaNoKaOi -

Try ccccpn, very reliable. I have bought many times and never had any issues.

For those who have Discover Card - you can order staples $25 gift cards for $20 CB. 2 of these will save you another $10. Only trick is you will need to go to Staples kiosk in store and make the purchase and opt to pay at register since they do not accept gift card for online purchase.

arichardtx 01-17-2010 09:37 AM

Take a look at the current price for the Turbo Tax you bought. I think they reduced all versions by $10 ... I just called (1-800-378-2753) and got a $10 credit back to my credit card. BTW .. chat is not available on the weekends.

notavailable 01-17-2010 09:55 AM

Any free ater rebate deals on tax software? For the past few years I've been buying at Staples, and after rebates and coupons it has been free or I've made money.

tryingtowin 01-17-2010 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arichardtx (Post 26716781)
Take a look at the current price for the Turbo Tax you bought. I think they reduced all versions by $10 ... I just called (1-800-378-2753) and got a $10 credit back to my credit card. BTW .. chat is not available on the weekends.

Thanks! Repped x4! I would have missed this otherwise. :nod:

rebate888masta 01-17-2010 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanjeeva7 (Post 26492903)
Isn't that only when you want direct deposit? Isn't also a deduction on your 2010 taxes?

This'll all be FAR soon enough

mmathis 01-17-2010 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notavailable (Post 26717093)
Any free ater rebate deals on tax software? For the past few years I've been buying at Staples, and after rebates and coupons it has been free or I've made money.

Yeah, I wondered about that too. Usually there's rebates on Norton, McAfee, etc software when you buy TT or TC, but I don't see them this year :(

40.oz 01-17-2010 10:31 AM

you guys do know that intuit is owned by the govt.
the tax software gives you less back...

gbcue 01-17-2010 01:14 PM

Sweet, just picked this up.

$50 TTD with State
$60 Q2010
$2.50 Coupon
-10 Instant Savings
-25 Coupon
-30 Rebate Check
------------------------------------
$47.50

cdryuncle 01-17-2010 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 40.oz (Post 26717761)
you guys do know that intuit is owned by the govt.
the tax software gives you less back...

You can't post that without a reference. From what I've heard in the news the last week, the government is actually more stringent on tax preparers and companies that produce tax software.

Kaxxy 01-24-2010 04:11 PM

Just ordered. Thanks and reps to OP, thumbs up for the thread.

rht 01-24-2010 10:25 PM

Are there any issues using an e-junkie coupon along with a staples rewards coupon?

Ttlmmky 01-25-2010 06:57 AM

Do both products have to be on the same receipt? If they don't we'd be able to use a 20 off 50 on turbotax and a 20 off 20 on the quicken for even more savings. I called the call center and they said it should be on the same receipt, but they sometimes don't follow their own rules. Anyone know? TIA

Quote:

Originally Posted by rht (Post 26924603)
Are there any issues using an e-junkie coupon along with a staples rewards coupon?

I just did this in store the other day and there was absolutely no problem

xHelio 02-02-2010 09:25 AM

You get what you pay for...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcsmoothearl (Post 26492039)
Of course, I can use TAXACT.COM [taxact.com] for $17.95 to complete (and e-file) state and federal ... but good lookin' out, OP. If I needed Quicken, this would be great.

Just FYI, last year I did both Turbo Tax and Taxact.com to do my taxes, and Turbo Tax somehow saved me $400 (I entered info exactly the same on both, two times). So technically Taxact would have cost me 417.95 :eek:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:05 AM.


1999-2014