Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Glacier Bay Kitchen Faucet - $0.01 @ Home Depot B&M Highly YMMV (http://slickdeals.net/f/2642373-glacier-bay-kitchen-faucet-0-01-home-depot-b-m-highly-ymmv)

TDMVP73 02-05-2011 02:14 PM

Glacier Bay Kitchen Faucet - $0.01 @ Home Depot B&M Highly YMMV

3 Attachment(s)
Hey guys,

I was picking up some ice melt at a local Home Depot in St. Louis when I came across this in the overhead stock above. It had a yellow clearance sticker on it marked 06/03/2010 for $70. The original price was $109.00. I took it to self-check out and it rang up $0.01.

As always, these deals are highly YMMV. Make sure to scan the UPC and not any clearance stickers on the box. Good luck!

Glacier Bay Kitchen Faucet - $0.01 @ Home Depot B&M Highly YMMV
Home Depot SKU: 810-478
UPC: 024600080088

NOTE: Please see attached pictures for reference.

blgli 02-05-2011 04:16 PM

Gonna try my home depot in a bit

jdmst77 02-05-2011 04:23 PM

I heard that it is .01 because after 6 months on clearance all items not sold are priced this way before they are donated. Has something to do with profit/loss in their system

TDMVP73 02-05-2011 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmst77 (Post 37029315)
I heard that it is .01 because after 6 months on clearance all items not sold are priced this way before they are donated. Has something to do with profit/loss in their system

That's correct. After 6 to 8 months, they are marked as salvage. They will be either donated to charity, returned to vendor, or disposed of.

I think the majority of the time they are donated.

milko 02-05-2011 04:29 PM

Are they obligated to sell those .01 clearance donation? Tried once and they told me they couldn't sell it to me because they were marked for "goodwill".

PatelKing 02-05-2011 05:25 PM

This was posted a while back in the home depot thread. I found a few at that time.

peter8d9 02-05-2011 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milko (Post 37029431)
Are they obligated to sell those .01 clearance donation? Tried once and they told me they couldn't sell it to me because they were marked for "goodwill".

I would have called bs. Why have them on the shelf if they were going to be donated?

vtecb20coupe 02-05-2011 05:52 PM

the last time i found a $0.01 item, the cashier made it seem like she couldn't find a price. then "offered" to sell it to me for $10. i wish there were price scanners at the back of the store, instead of having to use self checkout.

i do need to rummage through the clearance items again...it's been a while.

peppermint 02-05-2011 10:57 PM

Thanks

theOriginalGuru 02-05-2011 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtecb20coupe (Post 37031233)
the last time i found a $0.01 item, the cashier made it seem like she couldn't find a price. then "offered" to sell it to me for $10. i wish there were price scanners at the back of the store, instead of having to use self checkout.

i do need to rummage through the clearance items again...it's been a while.

yeah, i got the same exact BS today. went to check it out, didn't find this exact item, but a similar glacier item was also marked at 0.01... when i tried to check out at self check out, the attendant got all up in my business... he was like "oh, it's a clearance item so i want to make sure everything is in the box" and started opening it up and looking around and then said "oh, let me scan it over here...." then said "hmm... i can't get a price... "

i just said forget it, i don't have time to waste and left.... i know these penny deals are highly YMMV, but that was just annoying... if they don't want to sell it, take it off the shelf or just say sorry, that wasn't meant to be on the shelf, we can't sell it... instead of this "oh, let me open up the item you're about to purchase and oh, i can't seem to get a price on this...."

TDMVP73 02-05-2011 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theOriginalGuru (Post 37036991)
yeah, i got the same exact BS today. went to check it out, didn't find this exact item, but a similar glacier item was also marked at 0.01... when i tried to check out at self check out, the attendant got all up in my business... he was like "oh, it's a clearance item so i want to make sure everything is in the box" and started opening it up and looking around and then said "oh, let me scan it over here...." then said "hmm... i can't get a price... "

i just said forget it, i don't have time to waste and left.... i know these penny deals are highly YMMV, but that was just annoying... if they don't want to sell it, take it off the shelf or just say sorry, that wasn't meant to be on the shelf, we can't sell it... instead of this "oh, let me open up the item you're about to purchase and oh, i can't seem to get a price on this...."

What was the SKU of the Glacier Bay one you tried to check out?

Was it this one?

Yeah, I would have been pissed if that attendant was up in my business. I haven't had any issues so far with penny deals at Home Depot. Knock on wood...

theOriginalGuru 02-05-2011 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDMVP73 (Post 37037263)
What was the SKU of the Glacier Bay one you tried to check out?

Was it this one?

Yeah, I would have been pissed if that attendant was up in my business. I haven't had any issues so far with penny deals at Home Depot. Knock on wood...

No, it wasn't that one. I don't recall the SKU, but it was very similar to the one posted here except it was chrome (not brushed satin) and the design of the components was a little bit different, but the same exact functionality.

Yeah, I've had successes with the penny deals in the past... but the particular store I was at today has always been unpleasant. I should have gone to the other store nearby where their staff are much friendlier and give me less hassle... i might try that store tomorrow...

TDMVP73 02-05-2011 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theOriginalGuru (Post 37037323)
No, it wasn't that one. I don't recall the SKU, but it was very similar to the one posted here except it was chrome (not brushed satin) and the design of the components was a little bit different, but the same exact functionality.

Yeah, I've had successes with the penny deals in the past... but the particular store I was at today has always been unpleasant. I should have gone to the other store nearby where their staff are much friendlier and give me less hassle... i might try that store tomorrow...

Alright, well if you happen to snag the chrome one, I would appreciate it if you could PM me the Home Depot SKU. I need another one for my aunt.

Good luck tomorrow!

atrocitythug 02-05-2011 11:41 PM

Dam was just there and saw this for about $70. Didn't think to go price check it. Might go back and see if its marked correctly.

TDMVP73 02-05-2011 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atrocitythug (Post 37037451)
Dam was just there and saw this for about $70. Didn't think to go price check it. Might go back and see if its marked correctly.

Yeah, check the date on the $70 clearance sticker. If it says something like 06-XX-10 or 07-XX-10, you should be good to go. Just make sure to scan the UPC code, not the clearance sticker.

Oh and have your form of payment handy at self-checkout for a quick run out the door. lol

federer 02-06-2011 12:21 AM

thanks i might have to go see!

z9z91 02-06-2011 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theOriginalGuru (Post 37036991)

Lots of cashier's are just a holes. That's why you are gonna take it to the store manager, not the cashier. That's how you get the job done.

dutyfree 02-06-2011 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z9z91 (Post 37046887)
Lots of cashier's are just a holes. That's why you are gonna take it to the store manager, not the cashier. That's how you get the job done.

Just come back from HD, yes, go to manager directly, Cashier try to make it difficult for you to buy so eventually you will leave it and cashier can grab them when they fo home.

SDer1sGay 02-07-2011 10:14 AM

This model has about a ton at my local store abotu 2 weeks ago. I havent go back there since then. because at that time price as marked is about 70 or 80 I think So i didn't bother to look into it and it was at clearance section too.

DoctorBob 02-07-2011 10:36 AM

If a cashier spent time "looking" to see if there were any missing parts and then tried to turn me down I would definitely ask for the manager. I have found most HD manager types are more customer friendly than the cashiers.