Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Patriot Signature 16GB Micro SDHC Class 4 Memory Card $20 AR Shipped (http://slickdeals.net/f/2764991-patriot-signature-16gb-micro-sdhc-class-4-memory-card-20-ar-shipped)

yuugotserved 03-18-2011 03:57 AM

Patriot Signature 16GB Micro SDHC Class 4 Memory Card $20 AR Shipped
 
Newegg

Patriot Signature 16GB Micro SDHC Class 4 Memory Card
[newegg.com]

$25 - $5 rebate
= $20 with free shipping

nutjob 03-18-2011 04:00 AM

Class 4. Not too shabby but $5 rebate sucks.

Jr3d 03-18-2011 05:30 AM

Thinking about buying it.. seems like a pretty good price (right now), but I really wanted a faster speed for use in my phone.

Can anyone comment if they think class 4 is sufficient for an android 2.2 phone?

Thryn7686 03-18-2011 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jr3d (Post 38130221)
Thinking about buying it.. seems like a pretty good price (right now), but I really wanted a faster speed for use in my phone.

Can anyone comment if they think class 4 is sufficient for an android 2.2 phone?

The thread discussing the Nook Color said that a Class 4 card would be fast enough to root it, so I would assume Class 4 would also be fast enough for a phone.

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=1149667&t=2709951

gbrbob 03-18-2011 06:27 AM

Patriot signature 16gb micro sdhc class 4 flash card $19.99 after mir
 
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Pro..._-20220524

Here is the info on the rebate. http://http://images10.newegg.com...11ll97.pdf

Sorry I can't get the links to work doing this from my cell phone.

I just bought two of these myself.

Shipping is also free.

sdbrowser 03-18-2011 07:17 AM

Corrent link for rebate form
 
Here is the correct link for the rebate form

http://images10.newegg.com/upload...11ll97.pdf

goblinpunk 03-18-2011 07:31 AM

Anyone have any experience sd-loading roms for their nook color with a class-4? Should I wait for a higher class?

darkcloudinc 03-18-2011 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goblinpunk (Post 38132557)
Anyone have any experience sd-loading roms for their nook color with a class-4? Should I wait for a higher class?

From what I've done so far, most of the images available to load on to microSD are made for 2, 4, 8 gb cards. I haven't seen much images available for higher unless you compile it yourself.

Most rom guides also suggest class 6 or 10 if you want to run the image off of the micro SD but to load it onto the internal memory, 2 and 4 will do just fine.

dlinfiniti 03-18-2011 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkcloudinc (Post 38133403)
From what I've done so far, most of the images available to load on to microSD are made for 2, 4, 8 gb cards. I haven't seen much images available for higher unless you compile it yourself.

Most rom guides also suggest class 6 or 10 if you want to run the image off of the micro SD but to load it onto the internal memory, 2 and 4 will do just fine.

the image may be smaller but you can repartition your SD card to accomodate it
if you're using windows, the win32diskimager program that you do to write the image will do that automatically (though you do lose the rest of the volume you're not using)

arcticrider_be 03-18-2011 08:34 AM

not a bad deal.
I'm in the market for a micro sd card to put in my Atrix.
I just wonder if class 4 is plenty to play music and movies and apps...

DesertCoyote 03-18-2011 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arcticrider_be (Post 38133991)
not a bad deal.
I'm in the market for a micro sd card to put in my Atrix.
I just wonder if class 4 is plenty to play music and movies and apps...

the read speed on this should be fast enought to play music and movies, you might notice a difference with the write speed on some applications....

dr150 03-18-2011 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thryn7686 (Post 38130473)
The thread discussing the Nook Color said that a Class 4 card would be fast enough to root it, so I would assume Class 4 would also be fast enough for a phone.

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=1149667&t=2709951

I don't know why people waste their time on SD cards for the Nook to root.

SD cards substantially slower with the ROM vs internal memory.

If you go to the XDA forums, there is the stock 1.1 for internal memory (takes 5 minutes to root back to factory fresh).

I have gone back and forth between ROMS on the internal memory with no ill efffect. SD cards are laggier on the Nook and nowhere near as sprightly as the internal memory.

arcticrider_be 03-18-2011 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertCoyote (Post 38135483)
the read speed on this should be fast enought to play music and movies, you might notice a difference with the write speed on some applications....

thank you
so i might just go with a class 4 card at this price then, instead of class 10.

mailtoal 03-18-2011 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr150 (Post 38136055)
I don't know why people waste their time on SD cards for the Nook to root.

SD cards substantially slower with the ROM vs internal memory.

If you go to the XDA forums, there is the stock 1.1 for internal memory (takes 5 minutes to root back to factory fresh).

I have gone back and forth between ROMS on the internal memory with no ill efffect. SD cards are laggier on the Nook and nowhere near as sprightly as the internal memory.

I currently have Froyo 2.2 flashed on my Nook color on internal memory. I want to try unmatured Honeycomb. Whats the easy way to back up all installed apps and reinstall them after flashing new ROM? Would you please share steps to do this easily?

vsp 03-18-2011 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr150 (Post 38136055)
I don't know why people waste their time on SD cards for the Nook to root.

SD cards substantially slower with the ROM vs internal memory.

If you go to the XDA forums, there is the stock 1.1 for internal memory (takes 5 minutes to root back to factory fresh).

I have gone back and forth between ROMS on the internal memory with no ill efffect. SD cards are laggier on the Nook and nowhere near as sprightly as the internal memory.

Can you please provide some links showing how to do this?

flarp 03-18-2011 03:31 PM

I missed this the last time it was at $20 AR, but I got one this time. Thanks!

explore777 03-24-2011 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsp (Post 38143547)
Can you please provide some links showing how to do this?

If your looking to root a nook color, you might check out http://mrm3.net/category/nookcolor/ . If you have problems, make sure you read the comments. Other links for the nook color can be found in the $200 nook color thread. I just bought a refurbished LG Optimus T (android). So I am in the market for another microsdhc card but I hate rebates.

PS This is available again, see new thread.

explore777 03-24-2011 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mailtoal (Post 38139661)
I currently have Froyo 2.2 flashed on my Nook color on internal memory. I want to try unmatured Honeycomb. Whats the easy way to back up all installed apps and reinstall them after flashing new ROM? Would you please share steps to do this easily?

I went with titanium backup. There is a free version but I upgraded to the paid version. Here is a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cryu8bFXLJQ and read this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/s...ostcount=1


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:39 AM.


1999-2014