Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Drugstore/Grocery B&M Deals + Discussion (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   RETIRED: Official Giant Food (DC, DE, MD, VA) Deals Thread (http://slickdeals.net/f/2955261-retired-official-giant-food-dc-de-md-va-deals-thread)

graybay 07-04-2010 09:17 PM

May 24, 2011, 3:13 am: System Notice: This thread content has been automatically archived from another thread which reached post limit, and will be preserved for reference and archival purposes. The discussion should continue in the original thread

Welcome to the NEW Official Giant Food (DC, DE, MD, VA) Deals thread! :)

This thread is for the Giant Food stores located in Washington DC, Delaware, Maryland, and Virginia. For those in PA, WV, along the I-81 corridor (around Winchester to Waynesboro) in VA, and Hagerstown/Eldersburg, MD please check out the Giant of Carlisle PA based chain's SD thread, Official GiantPA (PA, MD, VA, and WV) Thread.

I'm a man with limited time and will do what I can to keep this thread going the best way I know how. I can't do it alone so... If ANYONE has an interest in helping to post flyer/coupon matchups (or even just one or the other) or just sweeping the posts for other matchups, sales, coupons, or catalina deals to copy to the Wiki with credits given to the posters, PLEASE let me know. You will be aptly recognized (repped) for your assistance.

I know we are going through some growing pains now that we have our own Giant thread. Let's work together to make this one of the top threads on SD!

Thanks,
Kevin

July 12, 2010, 3:08 pm: System Notice: This thread has been automatically renewed after reaching a post limit. Most of its content has been moved to this thread for reference purposes.

parker3 07-05-2010 07:55 AM

Got Sabra Humus for .50 a pack after $1 mq and doubler. Also, they had some Lexmark and Canon printer ink in the clearance rack for $3.50 each. Still can't find the booklet with the okios coupons.

gg111 07-06-2010 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graybay (Post 30824434)
doublers working beautifully as per usual!

there are stonyfield farms/oikos coupons that begin with "5" at CS. makes for free oikos w/doublers!

sent you a PM.

lpagel 07-06-2010 07:33 AM

What else are people getting with the doublers? For some reason, I'm having a hard time this time thinking of stuff to buy with them (maybe it's because I just finished a week of HT SD?)

So far I got:
-Yo Baby (homemailer)
-Smooth & Dreamy Ice cream novelties (cat... although there is a $1 IP for these as well)
-Sabra hummus

lpagel 07-06-2010 11:22 AM

I figured out a few things this afternoon - nothing too great though...

-Dole Fruit Crisp bowls - FREE after $1 cat
-Emerald Nuts - $1.33 after $1 peelie (previously acquired)
-Popsicle novelties - $.99 after $1/2MQ from Safeway booklet
-Oscar Mayer Deli Creations - $.50 after $1MQ (peelie or insert)

cvs4ever 07-06-2010 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lpagel (Post 30875594)
What else are people getting with the doublers? For some reason, I'm having a hard time this time thinking of stuff to buy with them (maybe it's because I just finished a week of HT SD?)

So far I got:
-Yo Baby (homemailer)
-Smooth & Dreamy Ice cream novelties (cat... although there is a $1 IP for these as well)
-Sabra hummus

Shave gel...lot of shave gel..:lmao: I got tons of the P&G when they had that pampers coupon...so I am using my doubler to buy 4, scan doublers, then coupons, then card and pay $0.40 for 4 of them :) I guess I don't have an excuse for unshaved legs anymore...got more razors and shave gel than I could use in my lifetime.

Nice1704 07-06-2010 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cvs4ever (Post 30809248)
Anyone used doublers yet? I saw where some people said they had system updates...so wondering if they fixed them to only be used after coupon or after card scan... I want to buy 4 gillette shave gels $12 minus 4 dollar doublers, minus 4 $1 MFC's...and then scan card = free + tax!

Which insert is the Gillette shave gel $1/1 coupon from? The only coupon I see is the Gillette fusion shave gel in the 6/6 P&G. Unfortunately, the Fusion shave gels are not on sale .....I price checked at my Giant, they are $3.99 regular price:(

setsail 07-06-2010 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nice1704 (Post 30883790)
Which insert is the Gillette shave gel $1/1 coupon from? The only coupon I see is the Gillette fusion shave gel in the 6/6 P&G. Unfortunately, the Fusion shave gels are not on sale .....I price checked at my Giant, they are $3.99 regular price:(

The 6/6 P&G had a $1 Satin Care shave gel mq, it was the first page of the insert, with a $2 Venus mq and $2 Venus cartridge mq. Exp 7/31/10. hth

eta I bought two packs of the 2/$5 Kraft singles yesterday for grilled cheese. I was surprised to see that the $1 off "meat" promo came off at the bottom.

guesswho 07-06-2010 08:36 PM

whats the deal with the sabra hummus?

fitnessfan 07-06-2010 09:07 PM

Another freebie with doublers.........Deer Park sparkling water, 1 L bottles are on real deal for $1 (PSP is $1.25). There is a $1/2 in a recent RP insert. It's not in the alphabetical list 'cause I think it's regional. But I think it was May or June.

Quote:

Originally Posted by guesswho (Post 30891930)
whats the deal with the sabra hummus?

It's on sale for $2.50 and there was a $1/1 in the 6/27 SS insert, so only 50 cents with a doubler! Oh, and it is delicious, too! :yummy: PSP is $4.29, so a good deal.

cvs4ever 07-07-2010 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nice1704 (Post 30883790)

Wording on coupon says Gillette Fusion...but if you look at the pic it shows both Fusion and regular gillette..I have been using that and the satin care.

cvs4ever 07-07-2010 04:27 AM

Nothing I was jumping up and down about..but

Week July 9-15 AD

10 for $10
Giant Tuna
San Giorgio Past
Ken’s Salad Dressing
Kraft BBQ
Avocado
Bush’s Baked Beans
Utz Chips 3.75 oz
Pasta or Rice-a-roni
Giant Canned Fruit
Giant English Muffins
Chef Boyarde
Fuze
Gatorade
Hershey Theater Candy
Ore-Ida Extra Crispy Fries
Del Monte Veg
Renuzit Solid Air Freshener
Duncan Hines Brownie Mix
Edys or Haagen-Daaz single serve

Strawberries 3/$5
General Mills Cereal 2/$4
Canada Dry, 7-up, Sunkist, or A&W 5/$10
DiGiorno Pizza 2/$10
Tribe Hummus 5/$10
Bacardi Real Fruit Mixers 2/$4 (I think there is a cat active for this..someone will have to be the Guinea Pig)
Oscar Mayer Beef Franks B1G1
Oscar Mayer Bologna B1G1
Pepperidge Farm Cookies B1G1
Ragu 2/$4

Buy 2 Get 1
St Ives Body Wash
Wet N Wild Cosmetics
Oral B Indicator Brush
Noxema Disposable Razors
Care One- Implements, Eye Solution, Suncare, and aspirin

Schick Quattro B1G1 (extreme or ST2)
Wisk $3.99
Scrubbing Bubbles Sprayer $5.99

flugette 07-07-2010 05:02 AM

Seems like one of the coupon inserts previews showed a Kens .75/1 Q. Possibly not our region, since we seem to usually get the $1/1 or $1/2 for those. Might be worth ordering since it would give you a little overage.

GM cereals are 2/$4, so if you printed the .75/1 Honey Nut Cheerios that would be .50/box. Not too shabby. Of course, I currently have 40 boxes of cereal from the T deal, but they're not necessarily kid-friendly. :shake:

And with all the Oral-B Qs out right now, wonder if one of them would work for the one that's on sale?

Nice1704 07-07-2010 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cvs4ever (Post 30896148)
Wording on coupon says Gillette Fusion...but if you look at the pic it shows both Fusion and regular gillette..I have been using that and the satin care.

I just checked...and you're right, it does show both! I will give it a try ...thanks!

cvs4ever 07-07-2010 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nice1704 (Post 30899852)
I just checked...and you're right, it does show both! I will give it a try ...thanks!

I use SCO...but most cashiers just look at the pics anyway..so should be fine. Deff no beeps on it.

fitnessfan 07-07-2010 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flugette (Post 30896596)
Seems like one of the coupon inserts previews showed a Kens .75/1 Q. Possibly not our region, since we seem to usually get the $1/1 or $1/2 for those. Might be worth ordering since it would give you a little overage.

GM cereals are 2/$4, so if you printed the .75/1 Honey Nut Cheerios that would be .50/box. Not too shabby. Of course, I currently have 40 boxes of cereal from the T deal, but they're not necessarily kid-friendly. :shake:

And with all the Oral-B Qs out right now, wonder if one of them would work for the one that's on sale?

I'm sure I saw a $.75/1 Ken's Q in an insert yesterday as I was hunting for another Q. And I only get the WP and Alex Times, so I think we got this one! Of course, it's not in the alphabetical list, so I'll have to try another site to find out where I saw this. 50 cents overage per bottle would be nice! :)

ETA: No luck! :( Maybe it was a Newman's Own Q I saw. I'm always getting those two confused for some reason.

nilebib 07-07-2010 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitnessfan (Post 30892488)
Another freebie with doublers.........Deer Park sparkling water, 1 L bottles are on real deal for $1 (PSP is $1.25). There is a $1/2 in a recent RP insert. It's not in the alphabetical list 'cause I think it's regional. But I think it was May or June.

It's on sale for $2.50 and there was a $1/1 in the 6/27 SS insert, so only 50 cents with a doubler! Oh, and it is delicious, too! :yummy: PSP is $4.29, so a good deal.

deer park coupon expired on 27 june.

lpagel 07-07-2010 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitnessfan (Post 30892488)

Check the expiy on the Deer Park MQs... mine expired about a week and a half ago (June 27th, I believe)...

fitnessfan 07-07-2010 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nilebib (Post 30906324)
deer park coupon expired on 27 june.

Oops, thanks for pointing that out! :O My store has accepted MQ's a couple of weeks after expiration, so YMMV.

graybay 07-07-2010 11:29 PM

Sorry to be late in responding, but someone asked about doublers and $15 requirement. AFAIK, you still have to buy at least $18 to be able to use the doublers, $17 if you're using the 3-sheet from the WaPo insert.

cvs4ever 07-08-2010 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graybay (Post 30922970)
Sorry to be late in responding, but someone asked about doublers and $15 requirement. AFAIK, you still have to buy at least $18 to be able to use the doublers, $17 if you're using the 3-sheet from the WaPo insert.

Actually $15 is not required per the computer/register (but is required per wording) ;) YMMV if cashier would let you though...but I have bought 4 shave gels for PSP $12 and used all doublers and MFC's and paid $0.40 for the lot. Once you get below $6 the register will beep if you still have doublers to scan.

fitnessfan 07-08-2010 06:37 AM

If anyone still has doublers burning a hole in their coupon binder, Hillshire Farm smoked sausage is BOGO this week. PSP is $4.39 at my closest store, so if you use the $1/2 MQ in the 6/6 RP (not expired!) and a doubler, that's only $2.39 for 2 pkgs. or about $1.20 per pkg. Great price for this! Yes, it does have sodium nitrite, but they do have a turkey variety which has only 90 calories and 9 grams of protein per serving! And, it's delicious! :yummy: In fact, I have to freeze half the package as soon as I open it or otherwise I'm sure I'd eat the whole thing. :paperbag:

lumsum12 07-08-2010 07:06 AM

Thanks, repped!
this is what we need now.
$1.20 per pack is super cheap for me...,
can I just buy 4, use 4DB, 2 $1/2 and scan card?

TIA

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitnessfan (Post 30926744)
If anyone still has doublers burning a hole in their coupon binder, Hillshire Farm smoked sausage is BOGO this week. PSP is $4.39 at my closest store, so if you use the $1/2 MQ in the 6/6 RP (not expired!) and a doubler, that's only $2.39 for 2 pkgs. or about $1.20 per pkg. Great price for this! Yes, it does have sodium nitrite, but they do have a turkey variety which has only 90 calories and 9 grams of protein per serving! And, it's delicious! :yummy: In fact, I have to freeze half the package as soon as I open it or otherwise I'm sure I'd eat the whole thing. :paperbag:

fitnessfan 07-08-2010 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumsum12 (Post 30927324)
Thanks, repped!

TIA

I'm pretty sure this would work fine, but I usually use my doublers on larger orders. And I usually don't have that many doublers. Anyone else know for sure?

ETA: Should have mentioned that, while I think it will "work," the intention of the doublers (I think) is to double MQ's so to use 4 doublers, I think Giant intends for you to use 4 MQ's. Just sayin'.....

GMan4911 07-08-2010 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumsum12 (Post 30927324)
Thanks, repped!

TIA

The print on the doubler says 1 MQ per doubler.

sehrwunderbar 07-08-2010 01:17 PM

I think that means it's only doubling one mq per doubler used, so you can't use 1 doubler and expect to have 5 coupons doubled that don't normally double.

flugette 07-08-2010 03:43 PM

So ... I'm going to attempt to do a bazillion runs and use up all the doubler Qs I happened to find. I have no idea what I'm going to get, except the shave gel, so that means its gonna take me forever!!! :nod:

citygirlcountry 07-09-2010 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flugette (Post 30940946)
So ... I'm going to attempt to do a bazillion runs and use up all the doubler Qs I happened to find. I have no idea what I'm going to get, except the shave gel, so that means its gonna take me forever!!! :nod:

Do you have any of those lysol peelies? They were found on the lysol wipes canisters. There is a $1/1 Lysol spray cleaner which would be free also after doubler.

Don't forget your reach tb's if you can find any.

if you have any of those $1.50 Glade scented oil holders (found in the tins) the glass holders are 1.69. Some stores don't have them marked so do a price check.

parker3 07-09-2010 07:39 AM

Got some Hormel real Bacon bits for free today. the psp is $2.50 they are on sale for $2. There is a tear pad on the display for $2/1.

cvs4ever 07-09-2010 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parker3 (Post 30954372)
Got some Hormel real Bacon bits for free today. the psp is $2.50 they are on sale for $2. There is a tear pad on the display for $2/1.

Umm...are you sure these are not the ones that say "save $2 when you buy bacon bits AND bag salad" ? I have a few of these that I have nabbed off the display..

graybay 07-09-2010 10:25 AM

I found a tear pad at a stand-alone end cap display for 50 cents off any Ortega seasoning or chilies. Seasoning was 10 for $10. I don't want/need any seasoning but maybe the chilies would be useful. HTH.

The only downside is the coupon is a black and white tear pad which I hate because it looks like a copy :rolleyes:

graybay 07-09-2010 11:48 PM

Hey did you all notice that there were a lot of veggies on sale this week? The prices rival what I normally find at the Korean/International grocery markets in my area. Off the top of my head, baby carrots, zucchini, yellow squash and eggplant all 99 cents/lb :omg: Pretty amazing for Giant! Also cucumbers are on sale 3 for $2. Too bad there's not much going on coupon-wise.

GMan4911 07-10-2010 04:17 AM

In this Sunday inserts, the Giant's Ad has 5 coupon triplers, up to $0.99. Unlike the doublers, no minimum purchase requirement.

parker3 07-10-2010 04:47 AM

3 matchups = free - not that anyone needs more razors or toothbrushes! There are more great matchups this week. And to whoever mod alerted my accidental Tide discocery and had it deleted, I'll keep the good stuff to myself from now on!

Schick Extreme 3 BOGO - SS 06-27 $2 Schick Disposable Razor = Free Razors
OralB Indicator B2G1 - PG 07-04 Oral B Pulsar, CrossAction, Advantage or two Indicator Toothbrushes, $1/1 Oral B = 3 free toothbrushs
Noxema disposable razors B2G1 use $2 peelie or other various $2 Q out there = free razors

parker3 07-10-2010 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMan4911 (Post 30978766)
In this Sunday inserts, the Giant's Ad has 5 coupon triplers, up to $0.99. Unlike the doublers, no minimum purchase requirement.

Triplers...now that's a game changer. I haven't seen the coupon yet...does it say only one like item will be tripled?

GMan4911 07-10-2010 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parker3 (Post 30978886)
Triplers...now that's a game changer. I haven't seen the coupon yet...does it say only one like item will be tripled?

Here's what's printed on the coupon:

Quote:

Triple your savings on any manufacturer's coupon valued up to 99 cents. Present this coupon with any one manufacturer's cents off coupon, buy the item, and Giant will triple the value. Triple savings program applies to manufacturer's coupons you clip from newspapers and magazines. Not good for free, Giant's own, other retailers coupons, or a coupon with face value over .99. The total triple cash savings may not exceed the retail price marked on the item. If it does, you get the item free. Limit one manufacturer's coupon. Offer supercedes our double coupon offer. Offer excludes alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, gift cards, milk, lottery tickets, gasoline, pharmacy items, postage stamps, prepaid telephone calling cards, Western Union, money orders, Metro passes, and any other purchase prohibited by law. Coupon not redeemable at Peapod by Giant. Limit 5 Triple Coupons per customer or family. Offer good July 11-15, 2010.

fitnessfan 07-10-2010 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parker3 (Post 30978876)
3 matchups = free - not that anyone needs more razors or toothbrushes! There are more great matchups this week. And to whoever mod alerted my accidental Tide discocery and had it deleted, I'll keep the good stuff to myself from now on!

OralB Indicator B2G1 - PG 07-04 Oral B Pulsar, CrossAction, Advantage or two Indicator Toothbrushes, $1/1 Oral B = 3 free toothbrushs
Noxema disposable razors B2G1 use $2 peelie or other various $2 Q out there = free razors

Wasn't me....I missed the Tide discovery. Do you know the PSP's of the Schick, Oral B, and Noxema? Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by parker3 (Post 30978886)

For those of you who have never used the triplers before, they work a little differently than the doublers. At SCO, you scan the tripler first and set it aside, then wait for the machine to tell you to scan the MQ you want tripled, scan the MQ and put it in the slot. After scanning all MQ's, it will ask you to put the triplers in the slot. The first time I did it, I put the triplers in the slot with the MQ's, so then when it asked for my triplers at the end, I didn't have anything to put in! The light was blinking and I was afraid it was going to void my Q's, so I grabbed whatever CAT was hanging out of the machine and inserted it. :O WHEW!

Free48 07-10-2010 02:57 PM

Quote:

I always need more razors. I can never get enough!:nod:

Armadillo 07-12-2010 08:13 AM

My first ideas for triplers (prices based on Peapod):
-Stacy's pita chips: $2.99 - .75 MQ tripled = .74
-Welch's refridgerated juice blends: $2.50 - .75 MQ tripled = .25

xan4silk 07-12-2010 08:55 AM

Quote:

WRONG. I've never seen an OralB TB not on clearance with a PSP of less than $1 which is the ONLY way this scenario could be accomplished(Since AFAIK there aren't any current Dollar Doublers going on right now)

The Q is clearly for 2 Indicator toothbrushes so you can only use 1 for 3 toothbrushes but could use as many as 3 for 6 toothbrushes.

fitnessfan 07-12-2010 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armadillo (Post 31013502)

Nice! The Stacy's may be $2.50. I know they were on real deal for $2.50 for awhile, but that may have ended.

lumsum12 07-12-2010 11:59 AM

I am just about to report this.

Stacy chips in my store 2/$5.....until 7/29

Quote:

kdka421 07-12-2010 12:05 PM

Quote:

For those who are interested, the Stacy's coupon can be found in the 6/27 SS insert, and the Welch's coupon is from coupons.com.

parker3 07-12-2010 01:21 PM

Kraft Marshmallows on sale for .99. There is a tearpad Q for .50/2 (exp. 3/31/11). It starts with a '5'. so it would be great with triplers.

Armadillo 07-12-2010 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdka421 (Post 31019478)
For those who are interested, the Stacy's coupon can be found in the 6/27 SS insert, and the Welch's coupon is from coupons.com.

Actually, the Welch's coupon I meant was in SS 6/6 in the Washington Post and some of the region's free papers. Which is good, since the fine print on that Giant tripler coupon seems to say no IPs.

graybay 07-12-2010 11:10 PM

Is anyone having a problem with the triplers scanning? I think this is due to how tiny the barcode is plus the cleanliness of the scanners, but I had a devil of a time yesterday with these due to them not scanning. You can input the code manually but that takes a bit longer, plus it seems to make the SCO attendant nervous for some reason. Maybe I'll carry a wipe with me and do some custodial work for Giant's SCOs :)

Here's a deal I was thinking about:

4 Minute Maid Frozen Juice bars $3.39= $13.36
-4 tripled 75cent MQs from RP (?) -$9
=$4.36

I found a booklet full of Giant SQs with ice cream on the front. The coupons are $1/2 Turkey Hill, Breyers $1/2 Chips ahoy. YMMV on combining these with MQs. I've had success at some registers and at others it has beeped not accepted.

YCG 07-13-2010 04:35 AM

There is a 0.75 coupon for Smart Balance milk in this past week's RP insert and on redplum.com. I have no clue if it's still on sale or what the regular price is, but it could be a good use of triplers.

Armadillo 07-13-2010 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graybay (Post 31035478)
Here's a deal I was thinking about:

4 Minute Maid Frozen Juice bars $3.39= $13.36
-4 tripled 75cent MQs from RP (?) -$9
=$4.36
get back $3 OYNO for buying 4 Minute Maid frozen novelties products

Haven't tried it yet, but it seems like a decent enough deal $1.36 for 4 boxes of frozen concoctions.

Sounds like a great deal. Has anybody verified that the frozen novelties produce the Minute Maid cat? I wasn't able to find any detailed information on that cat anywhere.

setsail 07-13-2010 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youngcoolguy (Post 31037582)
There is a 0.75 coupon for Smart Balance milk in this past week's RP insert and on redplum.com. I have no clue if it's still on sale or what the regular price is, but it could be a good use of triplers.

Thanks for the idea! These were $3.09 at the one Giant near me that carries them. Regular price is $3.59 to $3.79, in my area, according to which type is purchased.

Armadillo 07-13-2010 10:01 AM

My best tripler find:
-Fage Total 7 oz. Greek style yogurt $1.50 - .50 from Safeway Dairy booklet, tripled = FREE
The coupon is a manufacturer's coupon, with no Safeway logo, and a barcode starting with 5, so it scanned just fine, and shouldn't be a problem anywhere, I think.

I also noticed:
-Daisy 16 oz. Sour Cream $2.29 - .60 (SS 6/6, I think?) tripled = .49

Re. Welch's juice, it is indeed $2.50 for the refridgerated kind. I realized there's another .75 coupon that could be used, at least for the grape flavors, that was in the 7/11 SS, if that helps anybody who didn't get the one in SS 6/6.

Lastly, if anybody needs triplers and is willing/able to pick them up (North Bethesda), I just came across a motherlode of them.

lumsum12 07-13-2010 10:05 AM

Dan-O-Nino 2/$5.... ,org price.

2.50 - .75 triples (ss6/6 exp.7/18) = .25
My kids love these.

Armadillo 07-13-2010 10:17 AM

I'm back just to tell everybody: get the Fage yogurt if you have the coupons! I just had some for lunch, and it's the best Greek yogurt I've had, short of homemade.

BeeReel 07-13-2010 12:54 PM

For triples at Giant, I can't remember ... do coupons that start with 9 work? I picked up some Bumble Bee blinkies a long time ago, that would make the pouches free. Thanks!

fitnessfan 07-13-2010 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youngcoolguy (Post 31037582)

I'm pretty sure I read in the S&S thread about a CAT deal wyb SB milk.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armadillo (Post 31044878)
I'm back just to tell everybody: get the Fage yogurt if you have the coupons! I just had some for lunch, and it's the best Greek yogurt I've had, short of homemade.

Maybe I'll try it! I love Chobani, but the Yoplait Greek is marginal at best, IMHO.

citygirlcountry 07-13-2010 03:25 PM

Don't remember seeing this mentioned

bought 4 Scrubbing Bubbles Extend a clean
5.99 x 4
- $5 MQ x4
= .99 each x 4

got 2 $2 OYNO cats!

so free after cats!

HTH!

Armadillo 07-13-2010 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitnessfan (Post 31050450)
Maybe I'll try it! I love Chobani, but the Yoplait Greek is marginal at best, IMHO.

I agree about the Yoplait. It was horrible. It seemed like regular yogurt stiffened up with starch rather than true Greek yogurt.

Another find today: Luigi's Italian Ice are $2. So with the .50 MQ, just .50 OOP.

setsail 07-13-2010 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitnessfan (Post 31050450)
I'm pretty sure I read in the S&S thread about a CAT deal wyb SB milk.

I've bought the Smart Balance milk twice in the last two weeks, and each time it was 6 cartons each time. No CAT. :( 6/30 and 7/9 were the purchase dates.

graybay 07-13-2010 07:17 PM

Tried out the frozen minute maid deal. Wish I stuck with my gut and bought all of one variety, because now I'm not sure which one didn't trigger the cat. Anyhow here is what I did:

3 Frozen Lemonade 8 ct
1 Frozen juice... 10 ct? I think.
= $13.36- 4 tripled 75 cent Qs = $4.36 + tax

I am sure I will be buying more of the frozen lemonade sticks. They are :drool: worthy. They remind me of Luigis but much less syrupy. For me the Luigis taste like straight up frozen flavored corn syrup. Minute maid did a better job with the flavoring. I'll still buy Luigi's though... just not as enthusiastically now that I know something better is out there.

Also got some Land O Frost Deli Meat. I don't remember Giant carrying these up until recently. With tripled 55 cent insert Q, it makes a 16 oz pkg $2.34. Good enough for me since I am always ISO lunch meat.

jeweltea 07-13-2010 07:18 PM

Fruit 2 O water is $1.00 for an 18 oz bottle. There is a 75 cent/2 insert coupon making them free (with overage). Some flavors of Quaker oatmeal were on clearance (Weight Control) for $2.67. Used the 75 cent coupon that came in boxes of True Delight Oatmeal making it 42 cents a box.

graybay 07-13-2010 09:07 PM

:doh:

This info is from the Safeway wiki:

Minute Maid Fridge Packs 6/25-7/18
B2 G$1
B3 G$2
B4 or more G$3 coupon off your next shopping order

FRIDGE =/= FROZEN :lol: I don't know what fridge pack is exactly, but it is doubtful that they meant frozen treats.

My apologies if someone else tried this out! Will edit my posts.

deal393 07-13-2010 09:40 PM

I have triplers and don't know how to use. Should I scan only one tripler for 5 MQ upto .99c.

Pl help.

GMan4911 07-13-2010 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deal393 (Post 31060434)
I have triplers and don't know how to use. Should I scan only one tripler for 5 MQ upto .99c.

Pl help.

Read Post #47

cvs4ever 07-14-2010 06:10 AM

Ad Highlights 7/17
Arnold’s Whole Grain Bread B1G1
Arm & Hammer Detergent 2/$5

Buy 3 Earn 300 gas points:
London Broil $3.99/lb
Lean Ground Beef $4.29/lb
Petite Steak $4.99/lb
Round Roast $3.99/lb
Pork Loin $2.69/lb
Lamb Leg $4.69/lb
Ribeye $6.99/lb
Spiral Ham $2.49/lb
Hillshire Smoked Beef Sausage $8.99
Hebrew National Franks $9.99
Philly Gourmet Patties $10.99
Tyson Chicken Wings $11.99

Buy 4 get 100 gas points
(lots of giant items..so no MFC’s..cheapest is Giant Ketchup 2/$3)
Nature’s Promise Chips or Sticks $3.49
Simply enjoy gelato or sorbetto $3.99

Coppertone (save $2)
Softsoap hand soap 2/$4
Crest 2/$4
Healthy Choice 4/$10
Good Humor Ice Cream Bars $1.99
Bush Beans 2/$4
McCormick Grinders 2/$4
Kelloggs Cereal (save $6 on 4)
Coke 2 lt 4/$4
Oxi Clean Stain Remover $2.99

Nothing much that stood out to me..just those items above that might help some.

fitnessfan 07-14-2010 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graybay (Post 31059970)
:doh:

This info is from the Safeway wiki:

Minute Maid Fridge Packs 6/25-7/18
B2 G$1
B3 G$2
B4 or more G$3 coupon off your next shopping order

FRIDGE =/= FROZEN :lol: I don't know what fridge pack is exactly, but it is doubtful that they meant frozen treats.

My apologies if someone else tried this out! Will edit my posts.

Minute Maid is made by Coke, so I think the Minute Maid fridge packs would be the 12-packs of cans of MM lemonade. :dontknow:

PINKPIGLET 07-14-2010 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitnessfan (Post 30984776)
Wasn't me....I missed the Tide discovery. Do you know the PSP's of the Schick, Oral B, and Noxema? Thanks!

For those of you who have never used the triplers before, they work a little differently than the doublers. At SCO, you scan the tripler first and set it aside, then wait for the machine to tell you to scan the MQ you want tripled, scan the MQ and put it in the slot. After scanning all MQ's, it will ask you to put the triplers in the slot. The first time I did it, I put the triplers in the slot with the MQ's, so then when it asked for my triplers at the end, I didn't have anything to put in! The light was blinking and I was afraid it was going to void my Q's, so I grabbed whatever CAT was hanging out of the machine and inserted it. :O WHEW!

So you only need to scan triple GQ one time then scan all 5 MQ? Or you need to scan triple then scan MQ put MQ in slot then scan triple again then scan MQ? So they ask to put all 5 triple GQs in the slot at the end of order ? Confuse :confused:

fitnessfan 07-14-2010 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PINKPIGLET (Post 31067190)
So you only need to scan triple GQ one time then scan all 5 MQ? Or you need to scan triple then scan MQ put MQ in slot then scan triple again then scan MQ? So they ask to put all 5 triple GQs in the slot at the end of order ? Confuse :confused:

Scan tripler, set aside, scan MQ, put MQ in slot, scan 2nd tripler, set aside, scan 2nd MQ, put MQ in slot, scan 3rd tripler, set aside, scan 3rd MQ, put MQ in slot, scan 4th tripler, set aside, scan 4th MQ, put MQ in slot, scan 5th tripler, set aside, scan 5th MQ, put MQ in slot.......

Wait until it tells you to put the triplers in. When it does, plunk them all in at once.

:D

graybay 07-14-2010 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitnessfan (Post 31066370)
Minute Maid is made by Coke, so I think the Minute Maid fridge packs would be the 12-packs of cans of MM lemonade. :dontknow:

Ah, that must be it! Thanks for clearing it up.

chilliepepper 07-14-2010 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armadillo (Post 31044376)
My best tripler find:
-Fage Total 7 oz. Greek style yogurt $1.50 - .50 from Safeway Dairy booklet, tripled = FREE
The coupon is a manufacturer's coupon, with no Safeway logo, and a barcode starting with 5, so it scanned just fine, and shouldn't be a problem anywhere, I think.

Where you shoppin'? I just got some Fage yogurts at my neighborhood store but they were $1.99. I got them anyway because I figured I could shell out $2.50 for 5 nice yogurts, but free would have been better!

fitnessfan 07-14-2010 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chilliepepper (Post 31073098)
Where you shoppin'? I just got some Fage yogurts at my neighborhood store but they were $1.99. I got them anyway because I figured I could shell out $2.50 for 5 nice yogurts, but free would have been better!

I'm in Alexandria and the Fage is on real deal here for $1.50. Just bought some 10 minutes ago! Not sure when it ends though.

fitnessfan 07-14-2010 05:37 PM

Usually the SCO attendants ignore me at my closest store, but today the lady heard me scanning my triplers and saw me setting them aside and dropping the MQ's in the slot and she came over and told me I had to put the triplers in the slot at the same time. I told her no 'cause the last time I did that and then it asked for the triplers at the end. She diagreed with me and told me I had to put them in together, then stood there while I did all 5, making sure I put everything in the box. Then she left and let me scan the rest of my Q's. Of course, she was nowhere to be found when I hit "finish and pay" and it asked for my triplers! :mad: I shoved my shopping list in there and paid and then saw her as I was leaving and informed her that yes, it had asked for my triplers at the end and since I didn't have any, I had put my shopping list in there. Have a nice day! :wave: What an idiot! :ranting:

PINKPIGLET 07-15-2010 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitnessfan (Post 31083274)
Usually the SCO attendants ignore me at my closest store, but today the lady heard me scanning my triplers and saw me setting them aside and dropping the MQ's in the slot and she came over and told me I had to put the triplers in the slot at the same time. I told her no 'cause the last time I did that and then it asked for the triplers at the end. She diagreed with me and told me I had to put them in together, then stood there while I did all 5, making sure I put everything in the box. Then she left and let me scan the rest of my Q's. Of course, she was nowhere to be found when I hit "finish and pay" and it asked for my triplers! :mad: I shoved my shopping list in there and paid and then saw her as I was leaving and informed her that yes, it had asked for my triplers at the end and since I didn't have any, I had put my shopping list in there. Have a nice day! :wave: What an idiot! :ranting:

Thank you and rep for answer on my previous question. Do I can do many transaction if I use 5 triple per transaction? I know double you can do many transaction but not sure triple work the same way. TIA

sd07 07-15-2010 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitnessfan (Post 31083274)
:mad: I shoved my shopping list in there

Sorry. That part made me chuckle. :lmao:

GeraldFord 07-15-2010 10:08 AM

i had so much drama with triplers last night i can't even recount it and then the power went out in the store causing even more drama

lpagel 07-15-2010 11:22 AM

I would love it if anyone else would share what they've been buying with triplers. I'm planning on making my trip to Giant tonight.

flugette 07-15-2010 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lpagel (Post 31100088)
I would love it if anyone else would share what they've been buying with triplers. I'm planning on making my trip to Giant tonight.

Yeah, me too. I have tons of the tripler Qs, but can't figure out what to use them on. Leave it to me to wait until the last day!! :lol:

I'm thinking maybe Skintimate shave gel, with the .75/1 Q? Does that make it close to free?

citygirlcountry 07-15-2010 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flugette (Post 31102306)
Yeah, me too. I have tons of the tripler Qs, but can't figure out what to use them on. Leave it to me to wait until the last day!! :lol:

I'm thinking maybe Skintimate shave gel, with the .75/1 Q? Does that make it close to free?

I believe the skintamate and edge are both priced close to $3 each.

Do you have any Pepperidge farm grahamns IP's?

What about edwards singles there was a .75/1 out there as well.

lpagel 07-15-2010 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by citygirlcountry (Post 31103066)
I believe the skintamate and edge are both priced close to $3 each.

Do you have any Pepperidge farm grahamns IP's?

What about edwards singles there was a .75/1 out there as well.

Looking online - edwards singles & skintimate are both $2.99 - so $.74 after tripler

flugette 07-15-2010 01:17 PM

Well, that helps. I'll get a couple of the Skintimate, since I know I can gift those.

I keep finding more of the .75/1 pickle blinkies that start with "5", so I'll grab a couple more jars. Maybe I can actually get something besides relish!! :bounce: ;)

uttu 07-15-2010 01:36 PM

If you have the .85/1 Viva or .50/1 Nesquick, both would be free after triplers.

setsail 07-15-2010 01:56 PM

I haven't used my triplers either this week. Nothing seemed appealing. I think I'm going to get a few boxes of Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal. 60 cent coupon on coupons.com, on sale 2/$4. Not great but my son's favorite cereal.

graybay 07-15-2010 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lpagel (Post 31103176)
Looking online - edwards singles & skintimate are both $2.99 - so $.74 after tripler

I was at Giant yesterday and several Edwards single slices were tagged $2.50 (well, 2 for $5). I'm not sure if the signage is old, though. may want to double check at your store.

lpagel 07-15-2010 04:11 PM

For those that like Luigis - looks like you can get those for $.50/box - since the ad says they're on sale for $2 each box (of 6).

Luigis Real Italian Ice .50 (7/16/10) V 5/16/10
Luigis Real Italian Ice Product .50 (7/31/10) V 6/27/10

1912titanic 07-17-2010 07:23 AM

Does anyone know if the $5/3 ensure coupon works without need for cashier intervention at self checkout?

graybay 07-17-2010 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1912titanic (Post 31145562)
Does anyone know if the $5/3 ensure coupon works without need for cashier intervention at self checkout?

How is it coded? 992's/00's/01's are the ones that require cashier intervention at SCO as far as I know.

graybay 07-20-2010 12:14 AM

:hiya:

Did you all see the teeny tiny FREE GIANT PIE CRUST coupon in the Washington Post Giant weekly insert? Yeah, me neither until I was flipping the page to check something and caught it.

Hope you didn't throw it out in your recycling like I almost did !

flugette 07-20-2010 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graybay (Post 31202848)
:hiya:

Did you all see the teeny tiny FREE GIANT PIE CRUST coupon in the Washington Post Giant weekly insert? Yeah, me neither until I was flipping the page to check something and caught it.

Hope you didn't throw it out in your recycling like I almost did !

Seriously? Straight up free?? And this was in the Washington Post Sunday edition? Cause I got a whole buncha those...*slurpingmyfreefrappe*

GeraldFord 07-20-2010 01:45 PM

i did but they crust is OOS at my giant

sadface

cvs4ever 07-21-2010 12:39 PM

This weeks Ad-
4 for $8- must buy 4
Bryers Ice Cream
Popsicle Novelties
Klondike Ice Cream Bar or Sandwich
Ben & Jerry’s
*****Note** Wording for this is very weird…it says “Purchase $8 worth*of participating items in one transaction.” *After coupons and savings. Limit one offer per transaction.
I am confused…because it says they are 4/$8 but then says after coupons and savings…so I guess after coupons, ect..you have to be above $8 to get 4/$8???? I could see arguing on this one as it is very misleading. (It should say buy $x* get each item for $2 or something to that effect…will have to see how this one works.)

4 for $6- must buy 4
All assortments of Cherios
Cinnamon Toast Crunch

10 for $10
San Giorgio Pasta
Celeste Pizza for 1
Duncan Hines Brownie Mix
Chef Boyardee
Birds Eye Veggies
Banquet Value Meals
Pasta and Rice A Roni
Haagen-Dazs Ice Cream Single Serve
Fuze
Minute Maid enhanced Drinks or Simply Serve
Betty Crocker Hamburger Helper
Hershey Theater Box Candy

Save $3 instant (after coupons and savings) when you spend $10
Colgate Max Toothbrush or Paste 2/$5
Speed Stick 2/$4
Softsoap $1.39
Irish Spring Soap 8pk
Softsoap or Irish Spring Body Wash 2/$7

All Laundry $3.99
Airwick Spray 5/$5

B1G1 Stayfree
B1G1 Carefree Panty Liners
B1G1 Prego Pasta Sauce

setsail 07-21-2010 12:57 PM

Thanks for the ad preview! I still have a bunch of the Stayfree BOGO to use up. :)

cvs4ever 07-21-2010 01:12 PM

fyi I start a new job in a week...so after that ad previews will have to wait until the afternoon or someone else will have to post in the AM. (It is on base..so computer monitoring, ect...no slickdeals at work anymore.. :(

chilliepepper 07-21-2010 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by setsail (Post 31245582)
Thanks for the ad preview! I still have a bunch of the Stayfree BOGO to use up. :)

Me too, thanks to Nazi Rite Aid that wouldn't honor them for me when they were B1G1 there! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

(I did call RA corporate on that one, and ended up with a letter of apology from District Manager as well as a $10 gift card and his verbal commitment to visit the store personally and set the staff there straight!)

guesswho 07-21-2010 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chilliepepper (Post 31246146)
Me too, thanks to Nazi Rite Aid that wouldn't honor them for me when they were B1G1 there! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

(I did call RA corporate on that one, and ended up with a letter of apology from District Manager as well as a $10 gift card and his verbal commitment to visit the store personally and set the staff there straight!)

I though we shop the same stores since we're in same area..which RA was nazi to you? was it potomac or wheaton? I mention these two only because I heard bad stories about wheaton and also heard that potomac is so-so..

chilliepepper 07-21-2010 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guesswho (Post 31249202)
I though we shop the same stores since we're in same area..which RA was nazi to you? was it potomac or wheaton? I mention these two only because I heard bad stories about wheaton and also heard that potomac is so-so..

Is Wheaton the one on Randolph and Veirs Mill? So far that one has been ok for me, but I've only been there maybe 3 times. I like that it's bigger and stock is usually better. I did have a lil snafu one day due to a cashier putting in the wrong amount on a b1g1 (he was actually deducting too much and I pointed it out), and the whole transaction got majorly screwed up, manager had to intervene and I forget the details but he was verrrrrry careful to do it all correctly and not let me use any Qs that I didn't meet the requirement for (something about a $5/25 and I had to go get more items to meet the $25), which is totally fine with me---I'm a rule follower myself so I can't complain when a store does its best to follow the rules, lol! The nazi one was up on Georgia Ave., in the Aspen Hill area, and they were making up their own rules. THAT's where I draw the line!

And to get back on topic (sorry for that tangent), I was just gonna say that if you have the free pie crust Q and your store is oos, be sure to ask for a rain check. CS guy today said "I'll just write 'no expiration date' on the Q and sign it, and you can use it any time in the future." I said "what if I have several?" and he said "I'll sign as many as you want. Come in later and you can redeem them all at once; just find me" and told me the days and hours he works. :)

Not wanting to push my luck, I only gave him three, but I might try that same tactic at a different store. It would be nice to be able to redeem several later in the fall when I usually make a pie or two for the holidays.

guesswho 07-21-2010 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chilliepepper (Post 31251568)
Is Wheaton the one on Randolph and Veirs Mill? So far that one has been ok for me, but I've only been there maybe 3 times. I like that it's bigger and stock is usually better. I did have a lil snafu one day due to a cashier putting in the wrong amount on a b1g1 (he was actually deducting too much and I pointed it out), and the whole transaction got majorly screwed up, manager had to intervene and I forget the details but he was verrrrrry careful to do it all correctly and not let me use any Qs that I didn't meet the requirement for (something about a $5/25 and I had to go get more items to meet the $25), which is totally fine with me---I'm a rule follower myself so I can't complain when a store does its best to follow the rules, lol! The nazi one was up on Georgia Ave., in the Aspen Hill area, and they were making up their own rules. THAT's where I draw the line!

And to get back on topic (sorry for that tangent), I was just gonna say that if you have the free pie crust Q and your store is oos, be sure to ask for a rain check. CS guy today said "I'll just write 'no expiration date' on the Q and sign it, and you can use it any time in the future." I said "what if I have several?" and he said "I'll sign as many as you want. Come in later and you can redeem them all at once; just find me" and told me the days and hours he works. :)

Not wanting to push my luck, I only gave him three, but I might try that same tactic at a different store. It would be nice to be able to redeem several later in the fall when I usually make a pie or two for the holidays.

sorry for the thread hijack..

randolph rd would have to be the wheaton store and aspen hill would be silver spring store..I suppose I have to put SS on my never go there list then..

flugette 07-22-2010 05:24 AM

Yes! I've been waiting for another BOGO deal on the Stayfree deal! Gonna stock my lil' sister up for college.

lpagel 07-25-2010 06:25 AM

Has anyone tried the cereal deal? I was curious about it... 'cause on the front page it says 4 for $6 and then in one of the middle pages it says $4 off WYB 4.... so I was wondering if both discounts would kick in and cereal would end up being 4 for $2?!?! :confused:

lpagel 07-25-2010 06:28 AM

Oh - did the Powearde deal for free (plus overage) Powerade (with the $.75/2 coupons from CVS)... except that they rang up full price ($1), so had to go to CS to get my $3.10 refund... which is always annoying, esp. with a couple little kids in tow...

lpagel 07-25-2010 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lpagel (Post 31328954)
Has anyone tried the cereal deal? I was curious about it... 'cause on the front page it says 4 for $6 and then in one of the middle pages it says $4 off WYB 4.... so I was wondering if both discounts would kick in and cereal would end up being 4 for $2?!?! :confused:

Answering my own question... tried it out this morning, cereal rings up $4/6... still a great deal with the IPCs out there... free HNC with the $.75 IPC.

Powerade still didn't ring up on sale today.... :(

graybay 07-25-2010 09:15 PM

Is the BOGO Stayfree Q causing any sort of weird glitch in Giant's registers? Or is it a smooth, beep and problem free transaction?

Noticed Dentyne gum on sale for $1, or should I say Real Deal, until 8/26. Those $1/1 Qs from the newspaper (sorry, you'll have to do your own search!) expire 8/8, so plenty of time left to use 'em.

parker3 07-26-2010 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lpagel (Post 31330470)
Answering my own question... tried it out this morning, cereal rings up $4/6... still a great deal with the IPCs out there... free HNC with the $.75 IPC.

Powerade still didn't ring up on sale today.... :(

So are you saying that coupon use didn't interfere with the 4 for $6 price? I'm curious because i'm wondering if coupons will interfere with the Ben & Jerry's deal.

ellgee79 07-26-2010 11:36 AM

i went today got 10 powerade a few filler items - scanned coupons then card and no my 3.10 didnt come off. I went to CS and she wanted to try it and did 10 PA in one transaction with no coupons and the 3.10 did come off (she still gave me the 3.10 cash back)
so it is definately the coupons that are messign it up!

parker3 07-27-2010 07:04 AM

I used the SCO and got 4 pints of Ben and Jerry's, used 4 .50 Q's and paid $4 and got a $2 CAT. The $2 came right off and was listed on the receipt as "personal thanks savings". So the Q's did not interfere with the 4 for $8 price. I scanned my Bonus card last, not sure if that makes a difference.

parker3 07-27-2010 10:31 AM

Just a heads up...there might be doublers in tomorrows Giant ad in the Washington Post. Keeping my fingers crossed!

parker3 07-27-2010 03:08 PM

OK...I can report that both cereal deals work with coupons! In seperate transactions I did the 4 for $6 and the $6 off 4. I used a coupon for every item. All Q's doubled and the discount came right off as soon as I scanned my bonus card with no problems at all!

ellgee79 07-27-2010 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parker3 (Post 31373418)
I used the SCO and got 4 pints of Ben and Jerry's, used 4 .50 Q's and paid $4 and got a $2 CAT. The $2 came right off and was listed on the receipt as "personal thanks savings". So the Q's did not interfere with the 4 for $8 price. I scanned my Bonus card last, not sure if that makes a difference.

where did u get ben & jerry coupon from?
thanks

parker3 07-27-2010 05:21 PM

I picked up a stack of them from a Ben and Jerrys B&M, but they are also on eBay.

parker3 07-28-2010 05:12 AM

I have the new ad right in front of me.....DOUBLERS!!

flugette 07-28-2010 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parker3 (Post 31398532)

The ad that starts Friday?

parker3 07-28-2010 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flugette (Post 31399612)
The ad that starts Friday?

Yes, the one that starts on Friday. There is a Kashi CAT advertised: Kashi Buy 3, Get $3 OYNO, every Kashi item is included and is on sale. The individual cereal bars are on sale for $1, so free after CAT or a $3 MM if you have the Q's (which are freely available at the moment). Get them now, while you can, most of the Q's will probably be 'peeled' off by Friday night!

graybay 07-28-2010 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parker3 (Post 31401612)
Yes, the one that starts on Friday. There is a Kashi CAT advertised: Kashi Buy 3, Get $3 OYNO, every Kashi item is included and is on sale. The individual cereal bars are on sale for $1, so free after CAT or a $3 MM if you have the Q's (which are freely available at the moment). Get them now, while you can, most of the Q's will probably be 'peeled' off by Friday night!

There were booklets by customer service a few months ago. There was also a stand alone display with booklets in the organic/natural foods aisle where most kashi stuff now lives.

Thanks for bringing us the good news!

bhaines23 07-28-2010 06:01 PM

I've seen several reports of people having problems with the $3.10 coming off when you purchase 10 Powerades and use 5 of the 75c/2 coupons. Any reports of it being successful?

setsail 07-28-2010 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graybay (Post 31343040)
Is the BOGO Stayfree Q causing any sort of weird glitch in Giant's registers? Or is it a smooth, beep and problem free transaction?

Noticed Dentyne gum on sale for $1, or should I say Real Deal, until 8/26. Those $1/1 Qs from the newspaper (sorry, you'll have to do your own search!) expire 8/8, so plenty of time left to use 'em.

I went through SCO so the cashier had to enter the coupons. I bought 8 sets in two transactions, both times it worked fine.

ellgee79 07-28-2010 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nodnarb4u (Post 31419252)
I've seen several reports of people having problems with the $3.10 coming off when you purchase 10 Powerades and use 5 of the 75c/2 coupons. Any reports of it being successful?

i have tried a few different scenarios and still no go. i was able to get 3.10 from CS each time

kdka421 07-29-2010 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parker3 (Post 31398532)

I don't see this specified - the ones I received aren't regular doublers (double any coupon 99 cents and under), they are doublers that can be used specifically for $1.00 coupons.

Anyone have any good ideas??

Free48 07-29-2010 05:25 PM

My plan is to use them toward Kashi items or eggo deal.

Free48 07-30-2010 06:55 AM

Bought 3 Kashi Go Lean 10/$10, I got 3 used 3 any Kashi granola item = $0.

No catalina printed for the buy 3 Kashi items get $3 OYNO.

Went to the CS desk and they gave me $3.

StephNoVa 07-30-2010 06:07 PM

Add 3 free ears of corn to your card. I got an email about it. My mom didn't but when I went to the website I could add it on her card too. Add by Sunday, redeem by Tuesday.

chilliepepper 07-30-2010 06:25 PM

I also bought 3 of the 10/10 bars and didn't use coupons so I couldn't be accused of breaking the deal with coupons. No cat, but $3 from CS.

I was then wondering if it was possibly only the items in the yellow shaded area of the ad that were participating in the deal. Which would be horribly misleading, but why is part of the Kashi promo section yellow, and the other part green?

But since what I really wanted were the TLC cereal bars, which are in the green section, I went ahead and tried it with them (with Qs) and it worked. So that shot my theory of the green-shaded items not participating.

I'm guessing all the items in the ad will work, except the 10/$10 bars. Now, I wonder: what happens if a bunch of people call Giant Consumer Affairs and tell them the cat doesn't print as advertised? Do these things ever get fixed midstream? I bet that in this case, since it would make the item outright free with basically no limits, they'd be more likely to post a correction to the ad. Still---seems like they should do something.

All that being said, still several great deals on Kashi if you have Qs and doublers. Which I DON'T! (doublers, that is.) :crying: At our old address the Giant ad, as well as Safeway, Shoppers and Bloom, were delivered to our mailbox all in a bundle. Here, nada! I just signed up on the Giant site to have the ad mailed to me each week...but that's no help for this week!

YCG 07-30-2010 07:11 PM

People on the S&S thread are also reporting that the $1 GoLean bars are not producing the CAT.

In any event, where are people finding the $1 peelie off any Kashi granola? I found a peelie with 3 $1 Kashi coupons, but none of them are for granola. I also found a booklet with 6 $1 Kashi coupons, but the only applicable coupon is $1 off 2 GoLean bars (not $1 off 1).

Finally, look for a Keebler display with a booklet full of Keebler/Kelloggs coupons that work well with the $10 Cat deal this week. The coupons are:
$2 off milk wyb 2 Keebler cookies
$2 off coffee wyb 2 nutri-grain
$2 off school supplies wyb 2 cheez-it
$2 off milk wyb 2 Keebler/Sunshine/Gripz multi-packs
$2 off water wyb special k cereal AND any special k protein product
$2 off bread wyb 2 rice krispies treats
$2 off ocean spray juice wyb 2 kelloggs mini-wheats cereal
$2 off baggies wyb 2 froot lopps, apple jacks, corn pops, or frosted flakes
$2 off bread wyb 2 Kelloggs fruit snacks or yogos
$2 off fruit wyb 2 keebler or sunshine right bites
All expire 9/30/10

shea419 07-30-2010 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chilliepepper (Post 31475420)
I was then wondering if it was possibly only the items in the yellow shaded area of the ad that were participating in the deal. Which would be horribly misleading, but why is part of the Kashi promo section yellow, and the other part green?.

The green shaded is for the Real Deal stuff. If you look through out the ad you will see all green shaded are for Real Deal stuff.

lpagel 07-30-2010 09:44 PM

I also tried the 3 Kashi bar deal (bought 3 different kinds) and no Cat - but $3 from CS

The Kashi cookies are still a MM though...
$2.49 each - $1MQ (peelies on cereal boxes or other various sources) - $1 doubler = $.49 x 3 = $1.47 OOP, get $3 OYNO Cat

gg111 07-31-2010 05:16 AM

Bought cereal bars and got $3 catalina. I will try cookies today.

graybay 07-31-2010 01:09 PM

I bought the green GoLean individual bars in a transaction yesterday and received NO $3 Cat. I plan on stocking up on these anyway, so I'll just send in the receipts together to Catalina. They are advertised as being part of the deal, so there should be no argument. Still not a bad deal with $1/2 and doublers.

The TLC blackberry cereal bars and dark chocolate coconut granola bars worked fine for the $3 OYNO cat. It misleadingly prints out with a Giant logo but it is an MQ 992 :( I have not been able to find ANY cookies, though. I've been to 2 different Giants looking for them and they were completely wiped out. I guess a few people figured out that it was a MM earlier than I did.

Oikos is free after doublers and booklet coupon I found at a larger Giant near customer service. It also has some stoneyfield and yobaby coupons that are good until the end of the year.

Yakisoba is still $1 and today is the last day for $1/2 MQs if you have any left. Free.

This is the second time I've noticed that the Giant ad is missing from my mailed ads during a doubler week. Someone is skimping on the doubler ads... it is getting frustrating because I was counting on mine and my neighbors as part of my total tally :lol:

shystalips 07-31-2010 01:43 PM

Anyone have any good ideas on double dipping the buy 5 get $5 off kelloggs, eggo, etc with the $10 cat when you buy 10 kelloggs, keebler,eggo, etc. please post, I'm brainstorming at this very moment.

lpagel 07-31-2010 03:51 PM

Skippy Peanut butter should be free this week with doublers too... and the $1/2 MQ.

nikolasmor 08-01-2010 02:02 AM

I've been getting 10 froot loops or frosted/corn flakes in conjunction with 4 other items each run for an OOP of about $4 and getting a $10 cat each time.

What is the buy 5 get $5 off deal?

1912titanic 08-01-2010 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikolasmor (Post 31495810)
I've been getting 10 froot loops or frosted/corn flakes in conjunction with 4 other items each run for an OOP of about $4 and getting a $10 cat each time.

What is the buy 5 get $5 off deal?

What coupon combos are you using? Also is that $4 OOP, after rolling previous cat or not? Thanks

guesswho 08-01-2010 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graybay (Post 31487244)
This is the second time I've noticed that the Giant ad is missing from my mailed ads during a doubler week. Someone is skimping on the doubler ads... it is getting frustrating because I was counting on mine and my neighbors as part of my total tally :lol:

This is the umpteenth time I am missing my doublers..I don't know whom I can report this to..Its happened way too many times and I am getting really :mad2: I was just counting on my own set of doublers :lol:

This also happens when the JCP $10 off any coupons come out. I used to get them for some time but now I get only the junk catalogs and these go missing..someone is definitely stealing these..

graybay 08-01-2010 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guesswho (Post 31500072)
This is the umpteenth time I am missing my doublers..I don't know whom I can report this to..Its happened way too many times and I am getting really :mad2: I was just counting on my own set of doublers :lol:

This also happens when the JCP $10 off any coupons come out. I used to get them for some time but now I get only the junk catalogs and these go missing..someone is definitely stealing these..

What I wonder is at which stage this is happening. Is it the people who are filing these ads that are taking a huge stack for themselves and leaving most people without a Giant ad during doubler weeks? Or is it someone along the mail carrier route? This just started happening to me.

If anyone has doublers they want to trade for, please let me know! Thanks.

ETA Add to that if anyone has $1/2 Eggos waffle coupons from last week's RP they want to trade, too.

kdka421 08-01-2010 12:23 PM

FYI this is what I used my 4 doublers on:

Philadelphia Minis, 1.99, $1.00x2 = Free
Tropicana 50 2.50, $1.00x2 = .50
2 Skippy Peanut Butter $1.00 each, $1.00x2 = Free
Breyers YoCrunch 4pack Strawberry $2.50, $1.00x2 = .50

nikolasmor 08-01-2010 02:47 PM

I found a wicked .99 off frito product tearpad and have .70 kelloggs blinkies still

cereal is 2.00 -.70 -.70dbld = .60*10=6.00-4.00 doublers = 2.00
chips are 3 for $10 with free salsa
3.33 -.99 -.99dbld
3.33 -.99 -.99dbld
3.34 -.99 -.99dbld
3.99 -.99 -.99dbld -3.99 FREE = 2.08

Total 4.08 and doublers dont interfere with $10 cat printing.

Or Snapple.... use $1/1 q for .31 overage on each

Add some mac n cheese using old tearpad
18 mac n cheese with 13 snapples is .07 OOP

16 snapples and 20 mac n cheese is .04 OOP

One of my favorites is
6 eggos -$1/2 q's =$6
4 froot loops -.70q's = 2.4
14 snapples = -4.34
-$4 doublers

Total Cost 6 CENTS and you get a $10 ONYO to hoard.

My DW is at the store getting stuff she will actually heat(her words not mine) and getting all the kids school supplies free using all the $10 ONYO's I've been giving her!

Hope this helps someone!

ROHA 08-01-2010 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikolasmor (Post 31503656)
I found a wicked .99 off frito product tearpad and have .70 kelloggs blinkies still

cereal is 2.00 -.70 -.70dbld = .60*10=6.00-4.00 doublers = 2.00
chips are 3 for $10 with free salsa
3.33 -.99 -.99dbld
3.33 -.99 -.99dbld
3.34 -.99 -.99dbld
3.99 -.99 -.99dbld -3.99 FREE = 2.08

Total 4.08 and doublers dont interfere with $10 cat printing.

Or Snapple.... use $1/1 q for .31 overage on each

Add some mac n cheese using old tearpad
18 mac n cheese with 13 snapples is .07 OOP

16 snapples and 20 mac n cheese is .04 OOP

One of my favorites is
6 eggos -$1/2 q's =$6
4 froot loops -.70q's = 2.4
14 snapples = -4.34
-$4 doublers

Total Cost 6 CENTS and you get a $10 ONYO to hoard.

My DW is at the store getting stuff she will actually heat(her words not mine) and getting all the kids school supplies free using all the $10 ONYO's I've been giving her!

Hope this helps someone!

those .70 cents kellog coupons does not double in MD.the barcode starts from 9..

guesswho 08-01-2010 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishaa (Post 31509306)
those .70 cents kellog coupons does not double in MD.the barcode starts from 9..

Niko has the ones that start with 5. I think some Food Lions had the blinkies that start with 5..

Quote:

Originally Posted by graybay (Post 31501600)
What I wonder is at which stage this is happening. Is it the people who are filing these ads that are taking a huge stack for themselves and leaving most people without a Giant ad during doubler weeks? Or is it someone along the mail carrier route? This just started happening to me.

I'm curious too..I don't think neigbors would be so mean so it has to be elsewhere..

graybay 08-01-2010 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guesswho (Post 31509412)
Niko has the ones that start with 5. I think some Food Lions had the blinkies that start with 5..

I'm curious too..I don't think neigbors would be so mean so it has to be elsewhere..

Bloom, too, pearly :bounce: But I don't get there in time for the good blinkie Qs most months :lol:

For me, it can't be neighbors because we all have an individual box with a key. Do doublers sell well on the bay? Hmph.

guesswho 08-01-2010 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graybay (Post 31509704)
Bloom, too, pearly :bounce: But I don't get there in time for the good blinkie Qs most months :lol:

For me, it can't be neighbors because we all have an individual box with a key. Do doublers sell well on the bay? Hmph.

I just checked the bay and no doubler coupons..I wonder if all these people who take them actually use all of them then..

lumsum12 08-02-2010 07:45 AM

JCP $10 off, yez, you remind me that I used to have this when Mother Day or Xmas time..., no more lately.

Doubles, I had last time but not last Friday Jul30...., may be they're not schedules to send out this time by mail carry this time???

Anyone get double by mail?

Quote:

Originally Posted by guesswho (Post 31500072)

likeavision 08-02-2010 01:54 PM

I confirmed today that the Ore-Ida and Skinny Cow deals are working here in MD:

Bought 4 Skinny Cow single cups on sale for $1.00 each and used 4 $.50 IPs doubled. 0 OOP and received the $4 ONYO.

Bought 3 of the Ore-Ida single serve microvable trays Extra Crispy fries on sale for $1.00 each and received $3 off instantly at the bottom of the receipt.

Free fries and MM ice cream.:bounce:

kdka421 08-02-2010 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likeavision (Post 31526752)

Bought 4 Skinny Cow single cups on sale for $1.00 each and used 4 $.50 IPs doubled. 0 OOP and received the $4 ONYO.

Bought 3 of the Ore-Ida single serve microvable trays Extra Crispy fries on sale for $1.00 each and received $3 off instantly at the bottom of the receipt.

Thanks for the info. Love the skinny cow cups - can you point me towards the .50 IP, if it's still around?

likeavision 08-02-2010 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdka421 (Post 31527146)
Thanks for the info. Love the skinny cow cups - can you point me towards the .50 IP, if it's still around?

I printed it a while back. Sorry, but I don't think it's available any longer. Even if you don't have any of the IPs, it still makes for free ice cream.:cool:

ellgee79 08-03-2010 05:09 AM

in the ad it says if u buy 10 eggos u get 10 CAT and in fine print it says "After coupons and Savings"
did anyone try this with coupons and doublers? did CAT still print

my plant today is to buy
10 eggos
-5 in manu coupons ($1 off 2)
-4 in doublers
pay 11 get back 10
will it work?? i hate going to CS

parker3 08-03-2010 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellgee79 (Post 31539150)
in the ad it says if u buy 10 eggos u get 10 CAT and in fine print it says "After coupons and Savings"

my plant today is to buy
10 eggos
-4 in doublers
pay 11 get back 10

Yes...it works with coupons and doublers! Just make sure the CAT machine is working.

ellgee79 08-03-2010 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parker3 (Post 31539516)
Yes...it works with coupons and doublers! Just make sure the CAT machine is working.

thanks for response!

Free48 08-03-2010 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parker3 (Post 31539516)

Same here, but I did it with the Raisin Bran Extra. Cat came out.:bounce:

ellgee79 08-03-2010 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Free48 (Post 31539694)
Same here, but I did it with the Raisin Bran Extra. Cat came out.:bounce:

how many raisin bran do you need to buy? i would buy that!

also, do you know if it rolls? i would like to do kelloggs deal 2 times once on eggos and once on cereal? and if i use my skinny cow cat will it still work?

sbright 08-03-2010 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellgee79 (Post 31539846)

also, do you know if it rolls? i would like to do kelloggs deal 2 times once on eggos and once on cereal? and if i use my skinny cow cat will it still work?

Yes, it rolls. I did one run with 4 eggos, 4 Kelloggs cereals & 2 Poptarts and an assortment of coupons/doublers,paid about $11 for these products (bought a few other things to go over $15 to use doublers) got the $10 CAT and went back and did a similar run using additional MQs (ran out of doublers) and the $10 CAT. Using the SCO, I needed cashier to enter the $10 CAT, though. Nonetheless, I got the additional CAT and plan to go back again, maybe try for the Skinny cow and Ore-Ida CATs this time.

sehrwunderbar 08-03-2010 09:51 AM

OMG, seems like a great week, glad I decide to chec the thread and got doublers in my ad too!!
repped everyone for such great free deals!

sbright 08-03-2010 09:55 AM

Also, found interesting deal for WW Smart Ones Entrees. Currently on sale for 6/$10 or $8/10 for select non-Bistro types. I found an IP on the Smart Ones website for $5 off 10 also found $1/5 which i didn't use.http://www.eatyourbest.com/savings

Bought 10 entrees @ 6/$10 price or $1.67 each = $16.67
Less the $5 IP - 5.00
PLUS unexpected Self Scan savings - 3.34
Total for 10 entrees $8.33

or only $0.83 per entree and this included some of the more expense Bistro varieties with MP of $3.79. If you stuck with the 8 for $10 entrees @ $1.25 sale price, you could pay $12.50-5.00-3.34 =$4.14 or $0.41 per entree, assuming you still get the same Self Scan savings. (I'm not sure what triggers these.)

Confessional, I had never used self-scan before but I had my 12 year old with me and used it to keep him from being bored - it worked and saved us extra money as well.

RoleModel 08-03-2010 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbright (Post 31545256)
Bought 10 entrees @ 6/$10 price or $1.67 each = $16.67
Less the $5 IP - 5.00
PLUS unexpected Self Scan savings - 3.34
Total for 10 entrees $8.33

or only $0.83 per entree and this included some of the more expense Bistro varieties with MP of $3.79. If you stuck with the 8 for $10 entrees @ $1.25 sale price, you could pay $12.50-5.00-3.34 =$4.14 or $0.41 per entree, assuming you still get the same Self Scan savings. (I'm not sure what triggers these.)

Since Stop & Shop (same company) has the same deal...I just wanted to chime in.

The 3.34 is the savings between being charged 8 at 6/$10 and the 8/$10 price. (At Stop & Shop, it's listed as "Personal Thanks Savings" and it's usually at the end of the list of the stuff you bought on your receipt. No idea if it's listed as the same at Giant.) It may have triggered off the Bistro selections anyways despite those being excluded.

Also, "must buy" deals such as these only work once per order, so your math is off on the theoretical scenario. It would be $13.34 - $3.34 - $5 = .50 an entree.

nilebib 08-03-2010 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyratk1 (Post 31548470)
Since Stop & Shop (same company) has the same deal...I just wanted to chime in.

The 3.34 is the savings between being charged 8 at 6/$10 and the 8/$10 price. (At Stop & Shop, it's listed as "Personal Thanks Savings" and it's usually at the end of the list of the stuff you bought on your receipt. No idea if it's listed as the same at Giant.) It may have triggered off the Bistro selections anyways despite those being excluded.

Also, "must buy" deals such as these only work once per order, so your math is off on the theoretical scenario. It would be $13.34 - $3.34 - $5 = .50 an entree.

can I use doubler with this one? thanks

Nice1704 08-03-2010 01:37 PM

Anyone know if this week's Loudoun Mirror has the Giant ad with doublers? I didn't get the Giant ad in my mail this week, so I don't have any doublers :( Would love to do the do the Eggo deal though...

Free48 08-03-2010 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellgee79 (Post 31539846)

I bought 10 boxes and used 5 $1/2 and 5 doublers. Did not try to roll. I got some .60 MQ for skippy and have been getting Skippy free after doubling without doubler.:woot:

nikolasmor 08-03-2010 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Free48 (Post 31557824)
I bought 10 boxes and used 5 $1/2 and 5 doublers. Did not try to roll. I got some .60 MQ for skippy and have been getting Skippy free after doubling without doubler.:woot:

5 doublers?

guesswho 08-03-2010 09:09 PM

I found a few coupons that said buy 2 kelloggs raisin bran get $2 off milk, a few weeks ago..Is this coded for the kelloggs? I wonder if it can be combined with the $1/2 kelloggs q.

chilliepepper 08-04-2010 10:49 AM

Couple other good deals I found on my run today:

Free Lever 2000 soap 2-packs. 2-packs are .99 each wyb 2. There's a $1/2 in this past Sunday's Red Plum insert with all the Unilever Q's, so 2 packs free with coupon and doubler.

There are printables for Organic Valley dairy products (don't have time to paste the link but if you google "Organic Valley coupons" you will find it). $1/1 and doubler gets you OV half and half for .29. There's also a $1/1 for OV butter, which is on sale for $4.99. So with the coupon and doubler it brings the price down to equal regular butter. Not a great deal, I know, but ok if you need butter, want to try organic, and have doublers to burn. They also have Qs for milk, cheese and eggs but AFAIK Giant doesn't carry those.

There might have been something else but I'm super distracted right now so I can't remember...

sbright 08-04-2010 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likeavision (Post 31526752)

Rep, thx for the heads up. From the Stop & Shop board, learned that Edy's & Haagen Daz also work for this deal (both are also on sale for $1). Tried it twice this morning along with the Ore Idas, worked like a charm. Started out with $4 OOP now have 8 ice creams, 6 fries and a $4 CAT to go back and do it again...

amorantin 08-04-2010 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellgee79 (Post 31539150)

my plant today is to buy
10 eggos
-4 in doublers
pay 11 get back 10

Did this today along with 2 Dentyne Pure gum packs that I got free with $1 MQs. Got the $10 Cat.

Now, I hear that some parts of the country are seeing a $10 Fuel for School rebate - likely for places that don't do the $10 catalinas?

Info I found at...
http://www.mavenofsavin.com/2010/...-back.html
http://www.forthemommas.com/mail-...ool-rebate

Anyone have an extra rebate form? Also, anyone have an extra Kellogg/09 Calendar Rewards Card Offer form (had to have 10 items purchased at once sometime between 8/1/09 and 7/31/10)?

flugette 08-04-2010 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbright (Post 31573500)
Rep, thx for the heads up. From the Stop & Shop board, learned that Edy's & Haagen Daz also work for this deal (both are also on sale for $1). Tried it twice this morning along with the Ore Idas, worked like a charm. Started out with $4 OOP now have 8 ice creams, 6 fries and a $4 CAT to go back and do it again...

Can the fries deal only be done once per transaction? Forgot to grab those this morning when I was there... Have to go back tomorrow, I guess!!

I got 5 of the Kraft Philly Minis, which had the sign for the Kraft $5 cat, but no cat printed. They gave me a cat at cs since the signs were there. Anyone know if they really are included?

I also found the Fuel for School coupon booklets. I'm not always able to find these when they come out, so I was excited. Time to go back and do the Kelloggs deal!! :D

lpagel 08-04-2010 07:39 PM

Figured out another little MM today...

Keebler Wheatable crakers (PSP of $3.49) are part of the $10 Kelloggs Cat deal... and the crackers in my store have a BOGO MQ peelie on them. So, at the SCO, buy 10 crackers, scan 5 peelies, scan your bonus card... pay $7.55 OOP, get $10 OYNO. :D

graybay 08-04-2010 09:09 PM

deleted

guesswho 08-04-2010 10:28 PM

I got the upcoming 8/8 RP in my gazette today and there were 3 0.75/1 kelloggs q's for the new anti-oxidant kelloggs..not sure if those kelloggs are also on sale..if they are it would be good with doublers (too bad I dont have any doublers so I can't do this deal)..I have 2 of those keebler peelies so maybe I could find 6 other items to buy and still do the $10 cat deal..

Quote:

Originally Posted by lpagel (Post 31584996)
Figured out another little MM today...

Keebler Wheatable crakers (PSP of $3.49) are part of the $10 Kelloggs Cat deal... and the crackers in my store have a BOGO MQ peelie on them. So, at the SCO, buy 10 crackers, scan 5 peelies, scan your bonus card... pay $7.55 OOP, get $10 OYNO. :D

have you already done this deal? does the peelie q auto at SCO?

lpagel 08-05-2010 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guesswho (Post 31590190)
I got the upcoming 8/8 RP in my gazette today and there were 3 0.75/1 kelloggs q's for the new anti-oxidant kelloggs..not sure if those kelloggs are also on sale..if they are it would be good with doublers (too bad I dont have any doublers so I can't do this deal)..I have 2 of those keebler peelies so maybe I could find 6 other items to buy and still do the $10 cat deal..

twice :nod:

sabrant 08-05-2010 12:45 PM

Does anyone know if Town House crackers are part of the Kellogg deal?

shea419 08-05-2010 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flugette (Post 31584776)
I got 5 of the Kraft Philly Minis, which had the sign for the Kraft $5 cat, but no cat printed. They gave me a cat at cs since the signs were there. Anyone know if they really are included?

This comes from Slick Deals Shaws Wiki

KRAFT 7/19 - 8/15
Info Source: pennypincher508
Buy 5 Kraft cheese or dairy products between 7/19 and 8/15
Get a $5 OYNO and Kraft will donate 5 meals to feeding America
participating products: 6oz or larger unless otherwise specified
Kraft singlesKraft Parm. cheese
Kraft natural Cheese (chunks, shredded, crumbles (5oz+) , sticks and cubes)
Kraft string-ims cheese
Kraft Cracker cuts
Kraft deli delux cheese slices
Philadelphia cream cheese
Velveeta Cheese products
Cracker Barrel cheese (5oz+)
Cheeze Whiz process cheese
Breakstone sour cream(16oz+)
Breakstone Cottage cheese (16 oz+)
Knudsen sour cream (16 oz+)
Knudsen cottage cheese (16 oz+)

deal addict 08-05-2010 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guesswho (Post 31590190)

It auto deducts even in SCO.

guesswho 08-05-2010 04:11 PM

I just got back from Giant..did 2 transactions with 4 Edys and 3 ore ida regular fries. Then did a 3rd one with 4 HD cups and 3 ore ida crinkle fries..all worked beatifully..paid 72 cents for all this stuff..Store had plenty more but looked like another SDer had already been there since 1/3 of the fries were gone. tons of ice cream still left though..no room in freezer though or I'd be all over this at SCO..I have a feeling ben &jerrys cups would also give the $4 cat, but I don't think I should go back when there's no room in the house for those..

Thanks gray for the heads up you gave me on the icecream and thanks likeavision for the heads up on the Ore Ida..

I didn't find the BOGO peelies for nut crisps at the store I went to and the kelloggs cinnabon cereal was $2.99 so I opted out of the $10 cat deal.

sbright 08-05-2010 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guesswho (Post 31610596)
I just got back from Giant..did 2 transactions with 4 Edys and 3 ore ida regular fries. Then did a 3rd one with 4 HD cups and 3 ore ida crinkle fries..all worked beatifully..paid 72 cents for all this stuff..Store had plenty more but looked like another SDer had already been there since 1/3 of the fries were gone. tons of ice cream still left though..no room in freezer though or I'd be all over this at SCO..I have a feeling ben &jerrys cups would also give the $4 cat, but I don't think I should go back when there's no room in the house for those..

Thanks gray for the heads up you gave me on the icecream and thanks likeavision for the heads up on the Ore Ida..

I didn't find the BOGO peelies for nut crisps at the store I went to and the kelloggs cinnabon cereal was $2.99 so I opted out of the $10 cat deal.

Were you able to use the $4 CAT at SCO w/o assistance? I wasn't able to at either of the 3 Giants I tried. Each time the SCO helper had to come over and run it through as cash. Even at the full service, I noticed the CAT wasn't going through unless I had item greater than $4 for the CAT to "attach" to.

balloon 08-05-2010 04:52 PM

how did you use $$CAT with 992 for next purchase without assistance? I always have problem at both SCO and regular cashier, it does not scan. I have to go to CS every time and CS always complaint that I use a MQ.

guesswho 08-05-2010 06:01 PM

no no the cat does not work at SCO..i went to a regular cashier and he keyed it in as grocery discount each time..i meant the ore ida could be done at SCO without cashier assistance..

i'm eating the edys apple pie mini cup right now and it tastes yummy..:yummy:

i also got the cookie dough edys and mango HD cup..

new2coupons 08-05-2010 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nice1704 (Post 31551208)
Anyone know if this week's Loudoun Mirror has the Giant ad with doublers? I didn't get the Giant ad in my mail this week, so I don't have any doublers :( Would love to do the do the Eggo deal though...

I am new to loudoun - where do you get the free Loudoun times paper ??? I looked everywhere in South riding and I m clueless as to where to get them.:eek:

lpagel 08-05-2010 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabrant (Post 31605402)
Does anyone know if Town House crackers are part of the Kellogg deal?

I had the same thought since I had those snackpicks qs... but I was afraid to try since they weren't specifically listed in the ad... and of course the shelves aren't marked for this deal.

BTW, funny story from today... I was briefly chatting with a lady & a boy in the ice cream aisle today... she was buying the Edys cups. I told her if she bought 4 they would be free with the coupon that prints out. She said "oh that's ok... I'm just buying them for my grandson, and he's only here for a couple of days". The deal addict in me just doesn't get this... why pay $2 for 2 when you can get 4 for free? Just throw the other 2 out or give them to some other kids if you don't want them?!? :confused:

Nice1704 08-05-2010 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by new2coupons (Post 31615026)
I am new to loudoun - where do you get the free Loudoun times paper ??? I looked everywhere in South riding and I m clueless as to where to get them.:eek:

They're not free........they're .75 each. I've seen them at CVS, Riteaid, Walgreens and Harris Teeter. I've also heard that they are delivered free to homes in some neighborhoods though I've never got them in mine. HTH!

Oh, and to answer my question.......yes, the Loudoun Times had the Giant flyer with the doublers........I went out last tuesday and got one from Wags:)

flugette 08-06-2010 05:20 AM

Quote:

Check every grocery/drugstore you go to. Some carry them, some don't. And as far as I know, the free home delivery ended last year. They are now charging something crazy like $40 for a year's worth. :faint: No way...

The FFX County Times is a free paper, but can be difficult to find. They do have boxes at bus stands and other locations, but I have never seen a paper in the boxes. Guess I'm always too late. But I have seen them at gas stations, Harris Teeter, and Walgreens. Sometimes they charge you .25/ea, other times they let you have them free, and yet other times, they have let me take one free and then pay .25/ea for the remainder.

Any word on any deals for this week? I haven't gotten my ad yet.

sabrant 08-06-2010 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lpagel (Post 31615788)
BTW, funny story from today... I was briefly chatting with a lady & a boy in the ice cream aisle today... she was buying the Edys cups. I told her if she bought 4 they would be free with the coupon that prints out. She said "oh that's ok... I'm just buying them for my grandson, and he's only here for a couple of days". The deal addict in me just doesn't get this... why pay $2 for 2 when you can get 4 for free? Just throw the other 2 out or give them to some other kids if you don't want them?!? :confused:

I know my husband gets mad at me because I buy things at CVS just because they are free. I wanted to get multiple Skinny Cow Cups but my Giant had their freezers go out and they wouldn't sell anything from the Freezer section. Not a huge deal but a littling annoying.

PINKPIGLET 08-06-2010 07:29 AM

I still have 5 of $4 Cat from Edy's Skinny cow left. I think SW take any other competitors Cat Q right so I can use them at SW? Does anyone else here shop at Safeway and use other store Cat? TIA

sabrant 08-06-2010 08:45 AM

Silly question (or point me to the right place for this answer). My store still had edy's tagged as 10/$10. So I picked up four and checked out used by $4 off coupon and assumed another one would print and it did not. The tag had not changed since yesterday so why did the q not print? (A) because the deal is over (which it might be but the 1/2 gallons still had buy 4 get $4 off coupons. or (B) because you can not reuse the cat q for the same offer?

Thanks for the Help!

fitnessfan 08-06-2010 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabrant (Post 31625188)
Silly question (or point me to the right place for this answer). My store still had edy's tagged as 10/$10. So I picked up four and checked out used by $4 off coupon and assumed another one would print and it did not. The tag had not changed since yesterday so why did the q not print? (A) because the deal is over (which it might be but the 1/2 gallons still had buy 4 get $4 off coupons. or (B) because you can not reuse the cat q for the same offer?

Thanks for the Help!

I think the 10/$10 price is good for awhile but the CAT promo ended yesterday.

graybay 08-06-2010 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabrant (Post 31625188)

Thanks for the Help!

Sorry you had to figure it out first hand, but thanks for being our unintended guinea pig. I was just thinking about the possibility that this cat could be one of those multi-week ones because the printout looks different from the Kashi Cat. It looks like the Kellogg cat which is still going on this week. But no cigar, eh.

meanchlorine 08-07-2010 08:53 AM

:wave: Heads up, there's a $3/25 in the Giant ad in tomorrow's (Sunday, 8/8) paper.

Hope you're all having a great summer! :)

annaygu 08-07-2010 10:39 AM

And I saw some .75/1 cereal coupons in this week's newspaper. :woot: Hope they are the ones on sale too..

The $10 Kelloggs Cat deal is still going, right?

flugette 08-07-2010 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annaygu (Post 31649582)
And I saw some .75/1 cereal coupons in this week's newspaper. :woot: Hope they are the ones on sale too..

I don't think its still going at Giant. Seems like the ad for last week had the end date as Thursday. But it is still going strong at Safeway and Harris Teeter, if that helps.

fitnessfan 08-07-2010 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annaygu (Post 31649582)

Quote:

Originally Posted by flugette (Post 31649932)
I don't think its still going at Giant. Seems like the ad for last week had the end date as Thursday. But it is still going strong at Safeway and Harris Teeter, if that helps.

I got the Kellogg's CAT announcement at Giant and it says it goes through 8/15 so it should still print this week. Haven't tried yet, but that's what it says.

graybay 08-07-2010 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitnessfan (Post 31650130)
I got the Kellogg's CAT announcement at Giant and it says it goes through 8/15 so it should still print this week. Haven't tried yet, but that's what it says.

Yup, I've heard that it's two weeks depending on the first day of the sale week at most grocery stores. For ex, it started 8/5 at HT and should run until 8/18. At Giant it started last Friday and should run until this Friday. Safeway's started last Wednesday... etc. Haven't tested it out at Giant myself, but if I find those coveted pink peelies on the eggos, I may!

Cross posted from the S&S thread in case someone doesn't read that:

I found a display hidden near the CS desk with 3 coupons that expire 12/31/10:

$1.00 off any Oikos 5.3 oz or 8 oz (I think?) cup
$1 off any stonyfield item (includes pictures of the single yogurt cups and oikos)
$1 off any 4 pk of oikos

I only found this display at one Giant well-hidden behind some candy racks near the front. I think it was just cluttered and they had no room for it, because I don't see a reason for them to obscure it :lol: But anyhow, be on the lookout for it!

notavailable 08-08-2010 06:59 AM

Quote:

In the Brambleton area I have found them at Giant and Sunoco gas station. Once in a while they are delivered free to our neighborhood also but I think the free ones have fewer coupons.

lpagel 08-08-2010 10:39 AM

I can confirm the Kelloggs deal is still working. I went to a new Giant today and found more Wheatables with the peelies - so I did the deal, rolled my $10 Cat, and got a new one (and a free salad for lunch!)

Free48 08-08-2010 12:12 PM

Has anyone seen the Kelloggs Corn Flakes Simply Cinnamon in Giant?

new2coupons 08-08-2010 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Free48 (Post 31665640)
Has anyone seen the Kelloggs Corn Flakes Simply Cinnamon in Giant?

its available at Harris Teeter for $1.64 (0.75 doubles so only 14cents!) Great if you have 10 of them! :woot:

likeavision 08-10-2010 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lpagel (Post 31664338)
I can confirm the Kelloggs deal is still working. I went to a new Giant today and found more Wheatables with the peelies - so I did the deal, rolled my $10 Cat, and got a new one (and a free salad for lunch!)

Thanks again for laying out this scenario earlier. I've done the following six times without problem:

+15.00 - 6 Wheatables
+13.96 - 4 MS Farm
-11.07 - (3.69 *3 Wheatables BOGO peelies)
-6.00 - (4 * .75 MS Farm Q doubled)
-10.00 - previous $10.00 ONYO
-.15 - (3 * .05 reusable bag credit)
= 1.74 OOP (and get another $10 ONYO)

Sadly, there are no more Wheatapeelies at my local Giants.

flugette 08-10-2010 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likeavision (Post 31717006)
Thanks again for laying out this scenario earlier. I've done the following six times without problem:

+15.00 - 6 Wheatables
+13.96 - 4 MS Farm
-11.07 - (3.69 *3 Wheatables BOGO peelies)
-6.00 - (4 * .75 MS Farm Q doubled)
-10.00 - previous $10.00 ONYO
-.15 - (3 * .05 reusable bag credit)
= 1.74 OOP (and get another $10 ONYO)

Sadly, there are no more Wheatapeelies at my local Giants.

Hey, do you have the $3/$25 Q from Sunday's paper? If you add another $1+ to your scenario, you can use that Q and bring your total down even further!

Now ... off to hunt for Wheatapeelies!! :D

parker3 08-10-2010 06:17 PM

The Breathe Right strips (12 ct. tan large & 12 ct. clear small) are being discontinued, the price is $2.74. There is a $1.50 MQ. I've been paying $1.24 a box, which is a good deal if you use these. Some stores have the shelf marked, and some stores don't. But they have scanned $2.74 at every Giant after bonus card.

likeavision 08-10-2010 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flugette (Post 31719668)
Hey, do you have the $3/$25 Q from Sunday's paper? If you add another $1+ to your scenario, you can use that Q and bring your total down even further!

No, unfortunately no $3/25 in the Annapolis Capital Sunday paper (and I got three copies this week :(). I'm envious of those that get the good coupons (especially the doublers that everyone keeps talking about--I've only ever seen them once about a year ago).

Since I'm out of Wheatapeelies, I'm planning to burn my last two $10 Kellogg's ONYOs on the gas deals. Does anyone here know if we can do each of the gas deals more than once? (I.e., I'm planning to buy three Wanchai Ferry dinner kits (not the freezer kind) at $3.50/each, use a $.75 IP (doubled) on each one and get some Progresso soup (for 300 gas points and 100 gas points, respectively)). Can I do this more than once or am I limited to one of each gas deal per week? TIA.

annaygu 08-11-2010 06:29 AM

I saw some triplers in today's paper. :woot: Had to run to work so I didn't look inside of the paper..

1912titanic 08-11-2010 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likeavision (Post 31720724)
No, unfortunately no $3/25 in the Annapolis Capital Sunday paper (and I got three copies this week :(). I'm envious of those that get the good coupons (especially the doublers that everyone keeps talking about--I've only ever seen them once about a year ago).

Since I'm out of Wheatapeelies, I'm planning to burn my last two $10 Kellogg's ONYOs on the gas deals. Does anyone here know if we can do each of the gas deals more than once? (I.e., I'm planning to buy three Wanchai Ferry dinner kits (not the freezer kind) at $3.50/each, use a $.75 IP (doubled) on each one and get some Progresso soup (for 300 gas points and 100 gas points, respectively)). Can I do this more than once or am I limited to one of each gas deal per week? TIA.

2 weeks ago when the tide stain release things were giving 100 points when you bought 3 I did five different transactions and earned 100 points each time. Hth

flugette 08-11-2010 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annaygu (Post 31728170)
I saw some triplers in today's paper. :woot: Had to run to work so I didn't look inside of the paper..

What paper?

annaygu 08-11-2010 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flugette (Post 31733176)
What paper?

Baltimore Sun, with Giant AD

fitnessfan 08-11-2010 10:31 AM

Hi, Giant Peeps! :wave:

I know some of you have said that your weekly circular is sometimes missing from your mail. Just wanted to let you know that you can sign up here [giantfood.com] to have the circular mailed to you. It comes (folded) in a plain white envelope via first class mail. I did this a long time ago and have never missed a single one (well, except now that I am moving, the post office is forwarding my mail, but I usually get it late). I did just sign up my new address, though. :)

ellgee79 08-11-2010 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annaygu (Post 31733470)
Baltimore Sun, with Giant AD

it was part of the next ad starting friday? i get baltimore sun and all i got was the ad starting friday. no triples!

likeavision 08-11-2010 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1912titanic (Post 31732762)
2 weeks ago when the tide stain release things were giving 100 points when you bought 3 I did five different transactions and earned 100 points each time. Hth

Thanks for the info. I needed gas so here's the deal I did today (x 4):

10.50 - 3 Wanchai Ferry dinner kits
-4.50 - 3 * .75 MQ (doubled)
-.05 - reusable bag credit
=5.95 OOP + earn 300 gas points (used $4 ice cream ONYOs to bring total down even further)

Then . . .

-4.72 (gas savings of .30/gallon on 15.73 gallons)
=1.23 for 3 dinners (or .41/each)

I have enough Qs left to get another 1,500 gas points tomorrow.

annaygu 08-11-2010 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellgee79 (Post 31736794)
it was part of the next ad starting friday? i get baltimore sun and all i got was the ad starting friday. no triples!

Yes, that is the ad. But you didn't get the triples??!! My zip code is 21093. Is it area thing??

ellgee79 08-11-2010 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annaygu (Post 31742492)
Yes, that is the ad. But you didn't get the triples??!! My zip code is 21093. Is it area thing??

maybe
i am 21215

citygirlcountry 08-12-2010 05:53 AM

What insert is the Wanchai dinner kits in?

Thanks!