Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   8" Android 2.3 Tablet, 1.2Ghz S5PV210 CPU, HDMI, 4GB, WiFi, Bluetooth, Netflix supported, Camera, E-Reader, Free Case + Screen Protector + 5 day Int'l shipping! $159.99 (http://slickdeals.net/e/3274880-8-android-2-3-tablet-1-2ghz-s5pv210-cpu-hdmi-4gb-wifi-bluetooth-netflix-supported-camera-e-reader-free-case-screen-protector-5-day-int-l-shipping-159-99)

Evo-IC 09-02-2011 02:59 PM

8" Android 2.3 Tablet, 1.2Ghz S5PV210 CPU, HDMI, 4GB, WiFi, Bluetooth, Netflix supported, Camera, E-Reader, Free Case + Screen Protector + 5 day Int'l shipping! $159.99

For people that are looking for a fast, stable, highly-rated [mcbub.com] tablet that is available for purchase now - this may be exactly what you need.

Included for free with the tablet purchase are the following:

1. Black 8" Leather Tablet Case and Cover
2. 8" Fitted Screen Protector
3. Pin-point stylus for drawing applications and multi-use
4. Expedited 5-7 Business Day Shipping
<----DHL Int'l

Here's the link to the deal page: 8" A820 Tablet - $159.99 Shipped [mcbub.com]

If you are still F5'ing to get an HP TouchPad and have lost all hope and regained your sanity......
Here is a tablet that you can actually buy right now and have in a few days.

Top 11 things your HP TouchPad can't do. (And this A820 can) :D

1. HDMI - Yes, this plays full 1080p video output to your TV.
2. MicroSD slot - Expandable up to 32GB of SDHC Flash memory.
3. Full-sized USB port - Just plug in a mouse or a keyboard and go.
4. Netflix support - That's right. HP's Touchpad can't, this A820 with a Samsung CPU can.
5. cifs / Samba shares - Yes, you can wirelessly stream HD video from your network / PC.
6. Custom ROM support - Developed by the Lead Developer of Slatedroid.com
7. Android - Yes. Android. The HP might get it one day, but the A820 has it right now.
8. Full Google Android Market - Not a knock-off version, the real Market with 300,000+ apps.
9. A Return Policy - The beloved HP is not allowed to be returned. Your A820 is.
10. A Case / Cover - You'll need to pay a pretty penny for most of the Authentic HP cases.
11. A screen protector - OK, this one isn't really needed, but I figured I'd touch all the bases.

----------> Here is a video link to see it in action. VIDEO [youtube.com]

Full tablet pecs in the Wiki below.....

wikipost 09-02-2011 02:59 PM

This tablet is now rootable using internal and external (no opening) methods as well as able to accept "Singularity" custom ROM created by Roger Calver, lead developer at Slatedroid.
See below for instructions, links, etc.

This is the latest generation of the original A816 (CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS / REVIEWS / TIPS) deal.
The latest generation A820 comes with an updated design, thinner form factor, Bluetooth capability, enhanced WiFi strength, and a Multi-touch (two-point) screen.

Please read THIS Wiki and the Wiki hosted at SlateDroid (link below) before asking questions!

Click here for the Dedicated Aishuo A816 Forum on Slatedroid [slatedroid.com]

Device Specifications:

Operating System: Android 2.3 - GINGERBREAD!
Model: AISHUO MINI PAD S5PV210
Announced: 20110409
Product Type: Tablet PC
Keyboard: Touch Screen
Display Technology: Two point Feather-Touch Resistive
Screen Size: 8 inch
Max Resolution: 800*600
CPU Type: ARM Cortex-A8
CPU Manufacturer: SAMSUNG
CPU Model: ARM Cortex-A8
CPU Speed: 1.2GHz
RAM / Technology: DDR2
RAM Installed Size: 512MB
Hard Drive Type: NAND FAST FLASH
Hard Drive Capacity: 4GB
PCMCIA Expansion: Micro SD Card (Support 32G MAX)
Camera: 2.0MP
HDMI: 1080P

Bluetooth: Yes, Built-in Bluetooth functionality
3G: YES, external USB 3G modem (compatible with HUAWEI E1750 )
Ethernet: Supports external ethernet through the USB port with an adapter ($4.31 on McBub's site)
G-Sensor: Three way - With accelerometer, automatic steering display screen; Supports 3D Games
Audio: Built in stereo speakers/Built in Microphone
Software: Youtube/Facebook/Twitter/MSN/Android market/Skype/Calculator/Google Mail/Google maps/iReader/Quick Office
Language: Multi-language support
Battery Type: LI-5000mAh 3.7v
Battery / Run Time(up to): Wifi on: Up to 5+ hours;
Wifi Off: Up to 8+ hours
Power Device Type: AC Adapter
Voltage required: 100/240V
Color: Black
Dimensions / W*D*H: 20.7cm*15.3cm*0.75cm (8.2" x 6.0" x 0.25")
Net Weight: 0.525KG

Ports:
1 x Mini USB
1 x OTG port
1 x Micro Sd Card slot
1 x DC jack
1 x Earphone jack
1 x HDMI Port

Communications:
Networking / Data Link Protocol: Fast Ethernet
Wireless Connection: WIFI
Wireless Protocol: 802.11 b/g
Video: AVI/RM/RMVB/MKV/WMV/MOV/MP4/DAT(VCD format)/VOB(DVD format)/PMP/MPEG/MPG/FLV/ASF/TS/TP/3GP/MPG
Audio: FLAC/APE/3GP/WAV
Picture: JPG/BMP/PNG/GIF
Ebook: WORD/EXCEL/PPT/PDF/TXT/CHM/HTML

YOUTUBE VIDEO SHOWING IT IN ACTION:VIDEO A [youtube.com] VIDEO B [youtube.com] McBub Video [youtube.com] RASTA :D

laowan 09-02-2011 03:03 PM

Doesn't looks like a very good reputation store.

dcs693 09-02-2011 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laowan (Post 42520212)

Great store, super fast shipping. Got a tablet from the last deal that Evo posted. Works great.

Evo-IC 09-02-2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laowan (Post 42520212)

How so?

Over 1,000 slickdealers have bought from McBub on previous deals and you won't find a more reliable Chinese etailer.

If you are a fan of Reseller Ratings, they come up with an 8/10 rating with around 50 comments. (going from memory, I may be off)

See above. He beat me to it.

For those interested in the tablet, here is a video in use:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS...r_embedded

kingofdeal 09-02-2011 03:08 PM

Do NOt buy . NO CUSTOMER SERVICE. MINE DIED AFTER 15 DAYS STILL NOT GOT THE ANSWER..

KEEP YOUR MONEY FOR THANKS GIVING DAY SALE.

Talukdare 09-02-2011 03:09 PM

The tablet looks alright. . .

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingofdeal (Post 42520410)
Do NOt buy . NO CUSTOMER SERVICE. MINE DIED AFTER 15 DAYS STILL NOT GOT THE ANSWER..

Lol yeah xD

steppedinit 09-02-2011 03:10 PM

Quote:

Only guaranteed against DOA according to that page, so I'll wait.

kingofdeal 09-02-2011 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo-IC (Post 42520378)
How so?

Over 1,000 slickdealers have bought from McBub on previous deals and you won't find a more reliable Chinese etailer.

If you are a fan of Reseller Ratings, they come up with an 8/10 rating with around 50 comments. (going from memory, I may be off)

See above. He beat me to it.

For those interested in the tablet, here is a video in use:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSOuyNKPJCw&feature=player_embedded

out of 50 how many Chinese insider who place their review.. on it..

geniv 09-02-2011 03:13 PM

it's a chinapad.. I really don't trust the build quality of these things and their battery quality/life.

and trying to get "warranty" through these company be a headace.

how much is to ship something like that back if you can get them to RMA you?

Evo-IC 09-02-2011 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingofdeal (Post 42520582)
out of 50 how many Chinese insider who place their review.. on it..

?

A good chunk of those people are Slickdealers.

I see that you ordered one on 7/8/2011, and then received it the following week.
On 8/4/2011, you were asking how to root the tablet and add a custom ROM.
Then you broke your tablet and are thread-crapping because the seller won't take it back?

:confused::confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by geniv (Post 42520594)
it's a chinapad.. I really don't trust the build quality of these things and their battery quality/life.

and trying to get "warranty" through these company be a headace.

how much is to ship something like that back if you can get them to RMA you?

$14 through USPS Int'l.

They cover it up to 1 year after you purchase, but you have to pay for shipping.
Up to 30 days for a full return or replacement.
DOA, they pay shipping.

psyctto 09-02-2011 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo-IC (Post 42520092)
For people that are looking for a fast, stable, highly-rated [mcbub.com] tablet that is available for purchase now - this may be exactly what you need.

This is the latest generation of the original A816 (CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS / REVIEWS / TIPS) deal.

<----DHL Int'l

The latest generation A820 comes with an updated design, thinner form factor, Bluetooth capability, enhanced WiFi strength, and a Multi-touch (two-point) screen.
Here is a video link to see it in action.
I own the A816, along with hundreds of other Slickdealers, and I can vouch for it being an outstanding value for the money.

Evo, you had to know you had to know you were going to take a beating for this :-)
especially with the Touchpad firesale, now every idiot thinks mainstream tablets are going to drop below the materials cost...

these are great tablets for the money. You really can't beat em.
good find.

mitan 09-02-2011 03:19 PM

I love my 7" Renesas, but am tempted by this. Is the screen quality the same aside from the size? (I know this one is Resistive, but in terms of resolution, viewing angles?)

Evo-IC 09-02-2011 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psyctto (Post 42520726)
Evo, you had to know you had to know you were going to take a beating for this :-)
especially with the Touchpad firesale, now every idiot thinks mainstream tablets are going to drop below the materials cost...

these are great tablets for the money. You really can't beat em.
good find.

Call me an eternal optimist. :)

I try to believe in people's better nature and leave the rest to fate.
Having said that, how could a bad company, selling a bad product, have such a good rating from the people that purchased it last time around? :shake:
http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3077393

Sometimes, people are funny creatures.
They are so afraid of the unknown that they believe it to be the boogie-man.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitan (Post 42520764)
I love my 7" Renesas, but am tempted by this. Is the screen quality the same aside from the size? (I know this one is Resistive, but in terms of resolution, viewing angles?)

Take a look at the video I posted just above to see the screen quality.
(also on the sale page)

MagikHat 09-02-2011 03:23 PM

Looks nice but this worries me.
One of the reviewers
Disadvantages:

Screen - Its resistive so u need to use Fingernails or better a Stylus Pen.

ravic 09-02-2011 03:23 PM

Guys dont waste your money on these things. I did. Telling you from personal experience.

1. Bad resistive touch sceen.
2. Non-ips cheap quality LCD panels
3. Typically low resolution (800x480 or 800x600)
4. Cheaply made assembly/housing
5. Forget the warranty

There are more name brand tablets coming in the near future in $200 - $250 range
Here is one
http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/0...e-go-hand/

Talukdare 09-02-2011 03:24 PM

YO guys check out these videos YOUTUBE VIDEO SHOWING IT IN ACTION:VIDEO A [youtube.com] VIDEO B [youtube.com] McBub Video [youtube.com] RASTA :D

Talukdare 09-02-2011 03:27 PM

C'mon bros lets find a Capacitive alternative :D

Evo-IC 09-02-2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagikHat (Post 42520864)
Looks nice but this worries me.
One of the reviewers
Disadvantages:

Screen - Its resistive so u need to use Fingernails or better a Stylus Pen.

I think it's important to, "qualify" exactly what that means and even see for yourself to decide:

Capacitive = Use the "pad" of your finger to make the screen react, typically glass. Will not register if you attempt to use your fingernail or a non-Capacitive specific stylus.
Resistive = Use the "tip" of your finger (or fingernail) to make the screen react, typically some glass / plastic hybrid. Using the "pad" of your finger to press is a bit frustrating.
Multi-Touch = Resistive screen that allows multiple touch points to navigate tablets menu's/web browsing/maps.

See Comparison Capacitive/Resistive here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-H-TLcNMGw <---Video from a slickdeals forum member.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Talukdare (Post 42520904)
YO guys check out these videos YOUTUBE VIDEO SHOWING IT IN ACTION:VIDEO A [youtube.com] VIDEO B [youtube.com] McBub Video [youtube.com] RASTA :D

Thanks for the additional video links to let people get a better impression of the capabilities.
Repped.

Talukdare 09-02-2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo-IC (Post 42521076)
I think it's important to, "qualify" exactly what that means and even see for yourself to decide:

Capacitive = Use the "pad" of your finger to make the screen react, typically glass. Will not register if you attempt to use your fingernail or a non-Capacitive specific stylus.
Resistive = Use the "tip" of your finger (or fingernail) to make the screen react, typically some glass / plastic hybrid. Using the "pad" of your finger to press is a bit frustrating.
Multi-Touch = Resistive screen that allows multiple touch points to navigate tablets menu's/web browsing/maps.

See Comparison Capacitive/Resistive here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-H-TLcNMGw <---Video from a slickdeals forum member.

Thanks for the additional video links to let people get a better impression of the capabilities.
Repped.

thx bro :)

Masticdb 09-02-2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talukdare (Post 42520960)
C'mon bros lets find a Capacitive alternative :D

You could look at this... [mcbub.com]

Evo.. enlighten us on the hardware on this.. I see the processor is A8.. but not the Samsung hardware. TCC8803 bad, good, indifferent?

PS: I bought the last version of the tablet in this Deal Thread and L O V E it.

MagikHat 09-02-2011 03:36 PM

Looks nice.. the lenovo tab has physical volume button and full SD card reader
but it looks very narrow.. like it is widescreen.. weird

i like this tablet better except for the two points above

leolite1 09-02-2011 03:39 PM

Last time I bought this very item and ended up getting a blotched display. Their customer service was not helpful and considered it to be acceptable defect. So much for the warranty.

And the review (which wasn't all positive) I wrote is no longer to be found.

Evo-IC 09-02-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masticdb (Post 42521228)
You could look at this... [mcbub.com]

Evo.. enlighten us on the hardware on this.. I see the processor is A8.. but not the Samsung hardware. TCC8803 bad, good, indifferent?

PS: I bought the last version of this tablet and L O V E it.

In the A8 generation of ARM / CorTex CPU's, the Samsung S5PV210 is the top of the food chain.....it's the same CPU family that is in the iPad, for the iPad lovers among you.
It runs faster, is more stable, and along with the Samsung GPU (that is in this tablet) - it's head and shoulders above everything else that runs A8 architecture.

Quote:

Originally Posted by leolite1 (Post 42521294)
Last time I bought this very item and ended up getting a blotched display. Their customer service was not helpful and considered it to be acceptable defect. So much for the warranty.

And the review (which wasn't all positive) I wrote is no longer to be found.

Is your review HERE: http://www.mcbub.com/item/Android...merReviews (it's the previous review page for the A816)

Also, the "rippling" is minor, known, and there is an easy fix for it if it bothers you to that degree.
Reach out in front of you and touch the LCD display on your desk.
The quick white spot that dissolves away is the effect that he is referring to.

rjan22 09-02-2011 03:41 PM

Not capacitive touchscreen, you need a stylus or use your fingernail to navigate this is a 2001 tablet lol

MagikHat 09-02-2011 03:42 PM

Just look at that website and click Tablets at the top
They have capacitive ones there that look better than this one

happygooddeal 09-02-2011 03:43 PM

What is the resolution ? also how long does the battery last ?

junhao123 09-02-2011 03:47 PM

Sorry Evo-Ic, I've got to nay-say this one.
With recent deals like the $220 acer iconia 10", the $99 hp touchpad, and Black Friday in a couple months, it's hard to see this as a good deal.

I'm having a little bit of buyer's remorse of the previous pad deal now, being that $100-200 10" cortexes are in the near future.

Evo-IC 09-02-2011 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happygooddeal (Post 42521426)
What is the resolution ? also how long does the battery last ?

All in the Wiki.
Full specs / capabilities listed there.

WiFi, HDMI, Bluetooth, Ethernet, Camera, Video, Music, e-reader, etc.....

Again, for the people that choose to write this off or dismiss it, there are 2,000+ posts of Slickdealer's impressions and reviews after purchasing the previous model.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjan22 (Post 42521340)
Not capacitive touchscreen, you need a stylus or use your fingernail to navigate this is a 2001 tablet lol

You could not be more incorrect.

1. These are being built within 48 hours of your purchase, per the deal page.
2. Watch this video for an example / comparison from a Slickdealer that bought a similar (lesser!) one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-H-TLcNMGw

SmaShT 09-02-2011 03:49 PM

*facepalm*

Is this guy serious?

rjan22 09-02-2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo-IC (Post 42521556)
All in the Wiki.
Full specs / capabilities listed there.

WiFi, HDMI, Bluetooth, Ethernet, Camera, Video, Music, e-reader, etc.....

Again, for the people that choose to write this off or dismiss it, there are 2,000+ posts of Slickdealer's impressions and reviews after purchasing the previous model.

You could not be more incorrect.

1. These are being built within 48 hours of your purchase, per the deal page.
2. Watch this video for an example / comparison from a Slickdealer that bought a similar (lesser!) one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-H-TLcNMGw

You said, "I am not incorrect". Did you know that means I am right?

JSquare 09-02-2011 03:53 PM

Evo-IC you should change your screen name to Evil-Tablet:lol:

ladnar 09-02-2011 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjan22 (Post 42521666)

"coludn't be more incorrect"

as in "you are so incorrect, it would be impossible to be more incorrect." not disagreeing with the rest of your points, although to say it's a 2001 tablet just because it's resistive is a bit of an exaggeration

Evo-IC 09-02-2011 03:53 PM

Quote:

I'm just going to let that linger....:rolleyes:

Thatoneguythere 09-02-2011 03:54 PM

Quote:

I don't think you read what he wrote carefully enough - the way I see it, he said you couldn't be more wrong than you are right now. ;)

However, this deal does not get my approval. $159.99 is alot to ask for, especially for a 8" resistive screen tablet, with 4 gb. There's just too many good deals floating around right now on name brand tablets - if you save up a bit more money, why not just get a name brand Samsung or even an Acer?

junhao123 09-02-2011 03:55 PM

Quote:

Actually he said you could not be more incorrect, meaning you have reached the limit for how wrong you could be. It is also irrelevant.
But, Evo-Ic has a point. mcbub.com has had a lot of successful buyers from here already. The tablet isn't really that awful. Just not great.

I have a 7" resistive tablet and it works just fine, even with the original plastic film still on it. It is also misinformation to claim that resistive implies it is an old tablet.

LochBox 09-02-2011 03:57 PM

I have two of these, 1 capacitive, 1 resistive. I liked the resistive enough to buy the capacitive version for my wife. These tablets are super fast and I've never had a problem with either one. These are great little tablets for the price. Plus, there is a large community out there working on roms and general improvements and they are willing to help people out.

It sucks that a few people out of 1000 got a bad one or perhaps tried to do more with it than they should have.

Evo is a good dude. Get off his back.

Now, back to my touchpad.

rjan22 09-02-2011 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhiswin (Post 42521808)
Actually he said you could not be more incorrect, meaning you have reached the limit for how wrong you could be. It is also irrelevant.
But, Evo-Ic has a point. mcbub.com has had a lot of successful buyers from here already. The tablet isn't really that awful. Just not great.

I have a 7" resistive tablet and it works just fine, even with the original plastic film still on it. It is also misinformation to claim that resistive implies it is an old tablet.

May be I misread it, but I am still right it is not capacitive!!!!!!!!!! :p

Evo-IC 09-02-2011 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LochBox (Post 42521846)
I have two of these, 1 capacitive, 1 resistive. I liked the resistive enough to buy the capacitive version for my wife. These tablets are super fast and I've never had a problem with either one. These are great little tablets for the price. Plus, there is a large community out there working on roms and general improvements and they are willing to help people out.

It sucks that a few people out of 1000 got a bad one or perhaps tried to do more with it than they should have.

Evo is a good dude. Get off his back.

Now, back to my touchpad.

Thanks.
People must be grumpy today. :(

rjan22 09-02-2011 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladnar (Post 42521734)
"coludn't be more incorrect"

as in "you are so incorrect, it would be impossible to be more incorrect." not disagreeing with the rest of your points, although to say it's a 2001 tablet just because it's resistive is a bit of an exaggeration

OMG humor, what I mean of 2001 is the resistive touchscreen is the technology of that time.

rjan22 09-02-2011 04:13 PM

for $90 more why not wait and get the AMAZON TABLET for $250 with warranty and update support for Android OS. Rather buy an unknown brand with resistive touchscreen and cheap LCD with PVC casing lol.

AMAZON TABLET Peace:
http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/0...r-for-250/

Evo-IC 09-02-2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjan22 (Post 42522250)
for $90 more why not wait and get the AMAZON TABLET for $250 with warranty and update support for Android OS. Rather buy an unknown brand with resistive touchscreen and cheap LCD with PVC casing lol.

AMAZON TABLET Peace:
http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/0...r-for-250/

Again, not to beat a dead horse, but you're incorrect.
The tablet is solidly constructed (no PVC in sight :P), is not an, "unknown brand".....just unknown to you, and AiShuo releases firmware updates regularly.

Even if they didn't, this tablet can be rooted and runs, "Singularity" custom ROM by the Lead firmware developer at SlateDroid.com - the largest Android Tablet focused site in the world.

If the Lead developer for the largest Android site raves about it, maybe you consider the idea that your impressions of the tablet might be wrong.

And finally, the Amazon tablet at $250 is for a 7" model, with unknown specs, and the pricing is just a guess. Amazon has not made a peep about what the prices will be.

desitoyota 09-02-2011 04:44 PM

Hi EVO,
You know I have been a tough critic for your post, but also have gave you TU for good deal like you had last time around.
This tablet looks great for the price, but you know with the $99 touch pad sale , people have lost appetite for good product. No...I didn't buy the touch pad as its a failed OS and I can't wait android to be ported onto it.
I will give a TU for your deal, but you know bro..you are up for a fight.

DiLL310 09-02-2011 04:48 PM

two thumbs down!

hmmwv 09-02-2011 04:52 PM

Damn even this thing has Netflix support, but my touchpads don't.

clos36 09-02-2011 04:53 PM

Thanks for taking your time to post deals for us! Good looking out I'm in for one big ups

shantytown989 09-02-2011 04:53 PM

I got one the last time - it is a risk if you good a good one or not. Mine was alright but the USB port does not work on mine. I emailed them and they told me I do not have a USB port at all and have a good day. So it did work ok but I can not use bluetooth/keyboard/mouse/flash drive or a usb modem. Also for the HDMI to work it took a firmware update that earses all your google account and market - lol.

Evo-IC 09-02-2011 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shantytown989 (Post 42523486)
I got one the last time - it is a risk if you good a good one or not. Mine was alright but the USB port does not work on mine. I emailed them and they told me I do not have a USB port at all and have a good day. So it did work ok but I can not use bluetooth/keyboard/mouse/flash drive or a usb modem. Also for the HDMI to work it took a firmware update that earses all your google account and market - lol.

Just PM me.
The patch / fix is in the original thread.
It should have been applied after the recent firmware update on your model.
I can send you the link.

Thanks.

heiNey 09-02-2011 05:08 PM

If anyone is thinking of buying this, I bought the capacitive version and have not really found a use for a tablet. I'll sell mine for the same price as this and ship it free via FedEx with tracking. PM me. I have two of them. They're already rooted too.

It's the one here : http://www.mcbub.com/item/136593?...b5faa71050

smartdeals 09-02-2011 05:13 PM

this is pita comparing to recent hp touchpad...

DrivetoWinWin 09-02-2011 05:18 PM

I bought one 7" tab from this website couple months ago and sold out after I got the HP touchpad, you will regret to get this compare with the TP.

MisterRunon 09-02-2011 05:19 PM

i know it's a 1" difference, but i prefer a nook over a tablet like this any day (and they're both the same price). new tablets are just around the corner, too.

spackard 09-02-2011 05:22 PM

The other thing to consider is the accessories, if you get any, are very easy on the wallet for Evo-IC's deals.

I know the TP was aimed at the business enterprise market, even so, when I bought a keyboard-case for $14 on another Evo-IC thread I set my expectations and price to that level and was surprised HP expected people to spend an additional $100 for keyboard and case (more or less).

unclelobsterman 09-02-2011 05:29 PM

I'd be in for one if I didn't already have a bunch of dough tied up in a Nook Color, Galaxy Tab, a couple of Touchpads, and the original 7" resistive device that Evo-IC posted about a few months ago. The guy knows what he's talking about when it comes to Chinatabs. Just read his other posts, and keep in mind that there's a bit of apples and oranges inherent to comparing these devices to iPads, Galaxy Tabs, etc. Once you realize this you'll see there is room for these devices and they're good value for some of us.

Evo-IC 09-02-2011 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterRunon (Post 42524330)
i know it's a 1" difference, but i prefer a nook over a tablet like this any day (and they're both the same price). new tablets are just around the corner, too.

Fair enough, but the Nook Color is slower, more expensive, and refurbished with a 7-30 day warranty.
It also does not offer HDMI, Bluetooth, USB ports, and a few other goodies that the A820 gives you - right out of the box.

I can't argue with someone's preference - everyone likes what they like - but depending on what someone wants out of a tablet, the NC may be completely wrong for certain people.
Quote:

Originally Posted by spackard (Post 42524406)
The other thing to consider is the accessories, if you get any, are very easy on the wallet for Evo-IC's deals.

I know the TP was aimed at the business enterprise market, even so, when I bought a keyboard-case for $14 on another Evo-IC thread I set my expectations and price to that level and was surprised HP expected people to spend an additional $100 for keyboard and case (more or less).

Thanks for that.
Yeah, this deal ships free - comes with a case - a free screen protector - a free stylus, and is still cheaper than anything comparable in this price range.

For the tablet alone, the other places that people have linked in this thread have the A820 on sale at $199 each, with zero accessories.

Quote:

Originally Posted by unclelobsterman (Post 42524610)
I'd be in for one if I didn't already have a bunch of dough tied up in a Nook Color, Galaxy Tab, a couple of Touchpads, and the original 7" resistive device that Evo-IC posted about a few months ago. The guy knows what he's talking about when it comes to Chinatabs. Just read his other posts, and keep in mind that there's a bit of apples and oranges inherent to comparing these devices to iPads, Galaxy Tabs, etc. Once you realize this you'll see there is room for these devices and they're good value for some of us.

It's always nice to see people that actually own one of these as well as the name brand versions - so they can explain to people that they really are great value for the money.

MisterRunon 09-02-2011 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo-IC (Post 42524676)
Fair enough, but the Nook Color is slower, more expensive, and refurbished with a 7-30 day warranty.
It also does not offer HDMI, Bluetooth, USB ports, and a few other goodies that the A820 gives you - right out of the box.

I can't argue with someone's preference - everyone likes what they like - but depending on what someone wants out of a tablet, the NC may be completely wrong for certain people

the thing about the warranty is totally true.. if it weren't untrue. most come with a 1 year warranty, and are probably brand new (they have an unlimited stock of "refurb" nooks). i'm not sure if it's slower than this tablet, since it's downlocked to 800 mhz and can easily be oc'd to 1100 mhz. i believe the nook also has bluetooth activated once you install CM7. the main thing this has over the nook color is the hdmi and usb ports. the main disadvantage is that the nook probably has much more support.

i can't imagine how "good" the warranty from this tablet would be.. they are chipads after all.

Evo-IC 09-02-2011 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterRunon (Post 42524966)
the thing about the warranty is totally true.. if it weren't untrue. most come with a 1 year warranty, and are probably brand new (they have an unlimited stock of "refurb" nooks). i'm not sure if it's slower than this tablet, since it's downlocked to 800 mhz and can easily be oc'd to 1100 mhz. i believe the nook also has bluetooth activated once you install CM7. the main thing this has over the nook color is the hdmi and usb ports. the main disadvantage is that the nook probably has much more support.

Again, all fair comments.

However, there is an entire Subforum devoted to this tablet at Slatedroid and as mentioned above, the Lead Developer of that site (Roger Calver) has ported the custom ROM, "Singularity" over to this tablet and raves about the quality, speed, and price.

As for the speed, this is 1.2Ghz and also runs an SGX540 Samsung GPU for better graphics - especially 3D.
Bluetooth, with some tweaking here and there, is available for the Nook Color.
That is why I said, "out of the box" above.
It works right, "out of the box" for the AiShuo A820 - no tweaking necessary.

hotshelby89 09-02-2011 06:06 PM

This should be going for $99 (probably will be by Black Friday), then I'd give it a thought. Too many good deals on quality name brand tablets recently.

Evo-IC 09-02-2011 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotshelby89 (Post 42525598)
This should be going for $99 (probably will be by Black Friday), then I'd give it a thought. Too many good deals on quality name brand tablets recently.

Perception does not equal reality in this case.

You will not find a similar featured "name brand" tablet, for less than double the price.

The $99 / $149 HP TouchPad was a once in a lifetime homerun for the people that were able to get in on it.
Now, you cannot find one for those prices and the people that are back-ordered were told today that they will ship in 2 weeks.
Anyone not back-ordered before the cutoff point is, well......screwed.

Hence, the reason why I posted this deal, with the free case, cover, stylus, and shipping.
This is for the people that have been searching for nearly 2 weeks with no luck and want a proven tablet with great performance.

yourwhiteshadow 09-02-2011 06:17 PM

Evo is relentless. But I'm going to merely express what I have seen for the past few months.

Before the touchpad fiasco it was essentially nook color vs evos tablets. For most people the nook color was the better choice. Let me make a car analogy. Would you rather drive a Honda accord with automatic transmission and warranty or a Kia something with manual transmission and no warranty? Now would you rather have nook color with capacitive touch and better screen or random Chinese tablet?

Fast forward like a month or two and we have the touchpad fiasco. Now everyone expects a name brand tablet for $100-150. I missed out on the touchpad, but SD mentality has completely shifted. I don't mean to stir controversy or anything but people on SD aren't going to be receptive to a $160 non name brand tablet. Especially when a refurbished nook color went for a little more the other day. Had the touchpad not gone downhill SD would still probably care about these tablets. As it stands though many people aren't going to be interested. Especially with rumors that HP is going to build some more.

dzap 09-02-2011 06:18 PM

Haha Evo. Sorry bud..WRONG TIME to post this. The TouchPad firesale aftereffects have not yet settled yet and pretty much every tablet over $150 is being scrutinized. Give it another 2 weeks or so when people start to forget and the market stabilizes.

Evo-IC 09-02-2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dzap (Post 42525944)
Haha Evo. Sorry bud..WRONG TIME to post this. The TouchPad firesale aftereffects have not yet settled yet and pretty much every tablet over $150 is being scrutinized. Give it another 2 weeks or so when people start to forget and the market stabilizes.

Haha.

It's ok, I'm not shy.
Everyone knows that by now.

I've already been contacted by people thanking me for posting the deal because they were sick of F5'ing to reload the HP thread, only to have another order canceled or another deal missed.

But, you're correct - the perception (as I posted above) has shifted and people think that is reality.
You and I know that it is not.

NOCCOM 09-02-2011 06:21 PM

Evo-IC 09-02-2011 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbrta (Post 42526006)
Evo-IC, I was trying to find a Capacitive version for the A820 Model but couldnt find one on their site. The latest Capacitive they have is the 819C which is different than the 820. I like the Black and White color and better build quality. Do you know if they have the same model with Capacitive screen as well or not?

No idea.
I found this one from someone's post about it in the retired A816 thread.

I think that McBub's Live Chat is available in the evening, maybe 2 hours from now.
I would contact them (email is useless) via the chat and they can tell you if one is available.

If there is, please post back here with an update.
Thank you.

matthewsjl 09-02-2011 06:42 PM

So, I grabbed one of the tablets out of the last deal that Evo posted. I've also got an Asus Transformer - and a Nook Color on the way. Resistive experience comes from the last ChinaTab deal and using a Nokia N900 for a couple of years.

First things first - ignoring the tablet discussion - the seller is trustworthy. My last tablet from them arrived within a week or two. Fast service from the other side of the world. I didn't have to deal with warranty so haven't gone down that path. However, you do have to go into the deal knowing that you're dealing with a retailer that is on the other side of the planet. Nothing necessarily bad in that but be aware.

Now, the tablet itself. There's nothing really wrong with it at this price point. Actually, it packs a lot of punch for the money. It's full featured and has good internals. The screen isn't bad in itself but if it was a higher resolution it would make the tablet much better. It isn't an IPS screen but also doesn't pretend to be one. Resistive touch - it's a reasonable input method but for me (personal opinion) once you've had capacitive it is hard to switch back to the resistive.

And, the screen is my real problem with the tablet. Having had experience with IPS screens with a decent resolution, I'd be hesitant to make the same purchase again of the ChinaTab - especially when the Nook Color does have the IPS screen and capacitive touchscreen. The Nook Color refurbs are at a price point directly competing in this space and if you don't need the ports I think the Nook Color is probably a better bet - with on-shore support and a good dev community to go with it (nonwithstanding that the ChinaTab also has good support from the folks at Slatedroid).

Cheers,

John.

TinaMarie123 09-02-2011 07:00 PM

Quote:

I have to say, I bought 4 tablets from this place and could not be happier with them.

Evo-IC 09-02-2011 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinaMarie123 (Post 42526906)
I have to say, I bought 4 tablets from this place and could not be happier with them.

If I could migrate the hundreds of people from the previous deals over to here and have them post the same, maybe people wouldn't be so cautious about it......but you can't force people.

I'm simply trying to offer options, hopefully they take time to check the market and see how good of a deal it is.

happygooddeal 09-02-2011 08:00 PM

800 x 600 Resolution
5 hours Battery
4GB Hard Drive
7 Inch Screen

chubs87 09-02-2011 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo-IC (Post 42528366)
If I could migrate the hundreds of people from the previous deals over to here and have them post the same, maybe people wouldn't be so cautious about it......but you can't force people.

I'm simply trying to offer options, hopefully they take time to check the market and see how good of a deal it is.

I bought one of Evo's last tablet deals from MCDUB - http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3162380

I couldnt be happier with my purchase.

no problems with device or mcdub. and Evo always helps out anyone that asks so please stop being so mean to him!!! he is posting deals to help all of us not just for sh*ts and giggles :shake:

Evo-IC 09-02-2011 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happygooddeal (Post 42528482)
800 x 600 Resolution - You have not seen the screen quality, I have. If it were garbage, I would not be recommending it to Slickdeals.
5 hours Battery - 5+ hours, at full usage. When was the last time you watched HD video, streaming wirelessly over WiFi, with full brightness turned up for 5 hours straight? Exactly.
4GB Hard Drive - Expandable to 32GB SDHC. Please point to the MicroSD port on the HP Touchpad. :shake:
7 Inch Screen - 8 Inch screen. Read it again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chubs87 (Post 42528644)
I bought one of Evo's last tablet deals from MCDUB - http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3162380

I couldnt be happier with my purchase.

no problems with device or mcdub. and Evo always helps out anyone that asks so please stop being so mean to him!!! he is posting deals to help all of us not just for sh*ts and giggles :shake:

Thanks.
I appreciate the kind words.
Slickdeals can be a tough crowd to please, but I sleep well at night knowing that the hundreds / thousands that have bought tablets on the previous deals are overwhelmingly happy with the quality......particularly this one.

scobar 09-02-2011 08:50 PM

Are there roms out there for these tablets? How is the screen for touch screen uses?

Evo-IC 09-02-2011 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scobar (Post 42529996)
Are there roms out there for these tablets? How is the screen for touch screen uses?

From the Wiki:

This tablet is now rootable using internal and external (no opening) methods as well as able to accept "Singularity" custom ROM created by Roger Calver, lead developer at Slatedroid.
See below for instructions, links, etc.

Here is the link to the Dedicated Sub-Forum on Slatedroid: AiShuo [slatedroid.com]

heiNey 09-02-2011 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heiNey (Post 42524030)
If anyone is thinking of buying this, I bought the capacitive version and have not really found a use for a tablet. I'll sell mine for the same price as this and ship it free via FedEx with tracking. PM me. I have two of them. They're already rooted too.

It's the one here : http://www.mcbub.com/item/136593?...b5faa71050

sorry, i posted the wrong link

it's the one here: http://www.mcbub.com/item/8-inch-...2--136489/

kris259 09-02-2011 10:18 PM

who are the idiots who voted not a good product... they prob never watched the videos... think resistive screens are the same quality as they were 5 years ago... and so on...never had the A816 I bet...

personally... I felt this tablets near twin brother, the A816, was a super fast and nice bang for the buck tablet... it was beyond my expectations...

the ripple effect can be fixed on it, or use a case and or just dont press to firmly on the back of the unit while holding it... the 820 may not even have this slight issue... if it does.. im sure the same applies to it...

the build quality was very decent... and I liked the black matte finish... NOT A FINGER PRINT MAGNET....

for the price... this is a good deal IMO.... it looks like the G sensor issue is slightly addressed from the mcbub video... If I want going on tablet burn out (and having a 10 inch touchpad now) then I would jump all over this... the only reason Im not considering picking up 2 or 3 to flip on CL is that I think most CL people are on touchpad burnout and so the demand for this on the flipping market is down slightly at the flipping price point...

Im not totally convinced this is better than the rena3 deal.... it would be a coin flip which to get if I was going to get one... 2.3 and 1" more screen but no MT Capacitive......I guess I would buy both and flip the one that came in 2nd...

I do have one complaint with McBub so far... they didnt ship the HDMI cables with my last tablet shipment.. so I asked for a refund the day I got my tablet.... they said ok.. and it says pending on my account... 3 weeks later I go on live chat... and "helen" says to be patient.... 3 more weeks later... im like WTF.... so I go to live chat again... "helen" is sleeping or on lunch break... so I shoot off an email... and no reply as of yet...this was 2 days ago.... Im sure ill get my 10 bucks back... but I hate to have to ask over and over and over again for them to fix it.... esp if they looked at my account with them.. ive ordered like 6 tablets from them... you would think they would jump on it to make me happy if not to just get it done and over with....

kris259 09-02-2011 10:22 PM

and EVO.... just let this thread roll by... dont defend... let the others who have the A816 defend it for you... the tablet speaks for itself if you have had it... im guessing a 97% TU rating from people who had the A816... so you dont have to take your guns to town... leave your guns at home... a little johnny cash metaphor..... Im sure you got better things to do than banter back and forth with the same old haters who are going to continually hate....

minnus 09-02-2011 10:33 PM

Got the Acer A500 from amazon for $214 shipped. I'm gonna go with much more reliable tablets will be at this price point in the near future. This previous 'deal' picked up a lot of traction due to the steady price point of entry tablets. Two months later, tablet prices are dipping below $300.

Evo-IC 09-02-2011 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kris259 (Post 42532628)
and EVO.... just let this thread roll by... dont defend... let the others who have the A816 defend it for you... the tablet speaks for itself if you have had it... im guessing a 97% TU rating from people who had the A816... so you dont have to take your guns to town... leave your guns at home... a little johnny cash metaphor..... Im sure you got better things to do than banter back and forth with the same old haters who are going to continually hate....

:hug:

horizon2600 09-02-2011 11:29 PM

Another Evo-IC Chipad thread...

hieroler 09-03-2011 12:21 AM

I got in on this deal the last time around. I was very happy with it but after a few weeks the touchpad stopped working altogether. I have been in touch with McBub and they have sent me several "do it yourself" fixes but none have worked. Now they have asked me to pay $25 to ship it back to China to fix it. I'm not going to threadcrap right now, I'm actually very happy with the product, but of course am frustrated that its not functioning. I'm kind of bummed I have to put out another $25 but honestly if they fix it I'll be content. So I'll give them a chance to redeem themselves before I say anything negative against this pad or this company and I'll update everyone on what happens so it may be useful for people who are thinking of purchasing these and other pads from this company.

Evo-IC 09-03-2011 02:26 AM

Dear night owls.

If you are still F5'ing to get an HP TouchPad and have lost all hope and regained your sanity......

4. Netflix support - That's right. HP's Touchpad can't, this A820 with a Samsung CPU can.
5. cifs / Samba shares - Yes, you can wirelessly stream HD video from your network / PC.
7. Android - Yes. Android. The HP might get it one day, but the A820 has it right now.
8. Full Google Android Market - Not a knock-off version, the real Market with 300,000+ apps.
9. A Return Policy - The beloved HP is not allowed to be returned. Your A820 is.
10. A Case / Cover - You'll need to pay a pretty penny for most of the Authentic HP cases.
11. A screen protector - OK, this one isn't really needed, but I figured I'd touch all the bases.

Bealz 09-03-2011 02:27 AM

Similar.
$30 more but its from a us company so 90 day warranty is real.
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?...-7&cat=TAB

7", not 8" no extras.

For the Haters, Geeks also sells the original Mid 9000s that Evo told us about that we got for $68. Geeks is selling it for $124!
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?...9S&cat=TAB

45root 09-03-2011 02:51 AM

Not this again evo. resistive screen, 4gb nand..... no deal howie!
BTW, you could almost quadruple your money on the touchpad. Why would you even want to return it?
Custom roms one these china pads are a one trick pony. One "custom" rom form one guy at one site. No other options... Just letting the uninformed potential buyers know the fine print. sort of like that last line in lawyer commercials. Sometimes you do get what you pay for and sometimes you get even less. Either way, once you buy it, you are stuck with these tablets.

Evo-IC 09-03-2011 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 45root (Post 42537100)
Not this again evo. resistive screen, 4gb nand..... no deal howie!
BTW, you could almost quadruple your money on the touchpad. Why would you even want to return it?
Custom roms one these china pads are a one trick pony. One "custom" rom form one guy at one site. No other options... Just letting the uninformed potential buyers know the fine print. sort of like that last line in lawyer commercials. Sometimes you do get what you pay for and sometimes you get even less. Either way, once you buy it, you are stuck with these tablets.

Resistive multi-touch....and why would you care about 4GB of nand?
At least this tablet allows the option to expand. :P
As for being stuck with the tablet.....I've sold every China tablet that I've owned for a profit, with the exception of the A816.
I kept that for myself as it was too good to give up.
I believe Soarwitheagles' Kris259, and plenty of others would take issue with your post, as they've made quite a bit of profit flipping these tablets for cash in Craigslist.

You sell them FAR too short. They're damn good, no matter how hard people try to imply that they're not. :nod:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bealz (Post 42536892)
Similar.
$30 more but its from a us company so 90 day warranty is real.
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?...-7&cat=TAB

7", not 8" no extras.

For the Haters, Geeks also sells the original Mid 9000s that Evo told us about that we got for $68. Geeks is selling it for $124!
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?...9S&cat=TAB

By the way....that's not even close.
  • Lesser CPU Mfg.
  • Less GPU Power
  • Lesser resolution.
  • Smaller screen.
  • Only expandable to 16GB.
  • No Bluetooth.
  • Not the real Google Android Market.
  • Not a Multi-touch screen.
  • No cifs / Samba shares.
  • No Netflix.
  • $30 more + shipping + possibly tax.
  • Only a 90 day warranty.

Not even in the same league, let alone, similar. :shake:

pompaci 09-03-2011 03:38 AM

Didn't you have it enough the last time around and told people that you were not gonna do this anymore? What changed your mind?

I bet my life on it that this guy has some kind of relationship with that Chinese retailer and I don't care to be convinced otherwise. I have seen enough. The op is nothing short of an ad, complete with lack of undesirable specifications.

You can choose to buy this tablet or not, but do not think for a second that OP is on your side.

P.s. For the love of anything that is holy, please stop trying to convince people that getting a resistive screen tablet is OK.

Evo-IC 09-03-2011 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pompaci (Post 42537386)
Didn't you have it enough the last time around and told people that you were not gonna do this anymore? What changed your mind?

I bet my life on it that this guy has some kind of relationship with that Chinese retailer and I don't care to be convinced otherwise. I have seen enough. The op is nothing short of an ad, complete with lack of undesirable specifications.

You can choose to buy this tablet or not, but do not think for a second that OP is on your side.

P.s. For the love of anything that is holy, please stop trying to convince people that getting a resistive screen tablet is OK.

As soon as you stop making ridiculous claims about me, I'll consider stop recommending Resistive screens.
Wait. Why would I do that??
Just like anything else, they have their place in the world and there are advantages and disadvantages to using them.

It's funny that I haven't posted a tablet deal in weeks (months?), and when I post a refresh of a previous deal, I get drama queens like you spreading lies.
Also, so that you understand what you just said, "A lack of undesirable specifications" would mean that none of them were undesirable.
I agree.

How / Why you drum-pounders keep trying to convince people that all things Chinese are garbage is beyond me.
You'd think that hundreds of people owning the previous model of this tablet and loving it would deter you - yet here you are. :wave:

Bealz 09-03-2011 04:08 AM

Quote:

Hmm, and yet others who are not Evo disagree with you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-H-TLcNMGw
http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/fe...an_win.php

LGCubana 09-03-2011 05:41 AM

For those looking for capacitive, 10", support, the ability to return to a US retail storefront,... :

The Viewsonic GTab was/is $250 recently:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/email/...remail2789

With massive support at XDA:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/f....php?f=841

smartdeals 09-03-2011 05:47 AM

im putting this on CL for sale, after i got hp touchpad.

wasssup 09-03-2011 05:52 AM

Wife and I hated this tablet, the screen wasn't that great, resistive touch screen was frustrating to use on a tablet, and it felt cheap.

Sold it for a $30 loss, and I felt lucky to get even that much for it.

geniv 09-03-2011 05:56 AM

Good deal for what it is thanks EVO for posting and your informative post.

Don't mind all these idiots that don't know better and expect all brand name high end tablets to be 100$.

This is a good tablet for the price.

LGCubana 09-03-2011 06:09 AM

Quote:

I have to agree that the OP would seem to have a vested interest (beyond bringing a good deal to SD) by his/her willingness to making misleading statements about these tablets and the technology.

This reply to another poster's qualms about resistive screens does exude salesmanship. By omission it would give the novice the impression that multi-touch is exclusive to the cheaper ((to manufacture) resistive screens

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo-IC (Post 42521076)

Repped.

45root 09-03-2011 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo-IC (Post 42537266)
Resistive multi-touch....and why would you care about 4GB of nand?
At least this tablet allows the option to expand. :P
As for being stuck with the tablet.....I've sold every China tablet that I've owned for a profit, with the exception of the A816.
I kept that for myself as it was too good to give up.
I believe Soarwitheagles' Kris259, and plenty of others would take issue with your post, as they've made quite a bit of profit flipping these tablets for cash in Craigslist.

You sell them FAR too short. They're damn good, no matter how hard people try to imply that they're not. :nod:

By the way....that's not even close.
  • Lesser CPU Mfg.
  • Less GPU Power
  • Lesser resolution.
  • Smaller screen.
  • Only expandable to 16GB.
  • No Bluetooth.
  • Not the real Google Android Market.
  • Not a Multi-touch screen.
  • No cifs / Samba shares.
  • No Netflix.
  • $30 more + shipping + possibly tax.
  • Only a 90 day warranty.

Not even in the same league, let alone, similar. :shake:

How about this tablet [amazon.com] for the same price from Amazon with the exact same specs. If you are going to throw away $160 on a resistive touch tablet, you should at least have the option to return it. This is regular price by the way. The 7022 [brandsmartusa.com] is better. Its $10 more with capacitive screen.
Skytex = American company and they actually visit these forums. SKYTEX Skypad Alpha 7" Touch Screen Cortex-A8 Tablet Android OS 2.3 [amazon.com] for $153 was $120 earlier this week.. If you want a real tablet you can get a used galaxytab for $240 every day at cowboom. Just pointing out some options with free return shipping. Skytex customer and tech support seems to be great.

MrLateNite 09-03-2011 10:22 AM

Here is an honest review of this deal (technically the SINGLE touch version of this tab). Note: I do NOT own this exact tablet, but rather the single touch version -- also I have purchased many tablets recently, both from an "EVO-IC" deal here, and other sources, both from China resellers and from US-based individuals.

Assuming this tablet is essential the same as the first EVO-IC A816 tablet, I can offer the following on-hands review:

Positives:
1) FAST. 3D Games are very impressive. In actual hard benchmarks, it is *essentially* on par with a rooted Nook running Cyanogen Mod V7 and overclocked to 1.2GHz. The Nook excels by 10% or so on all non 2D/3D benchmarks, where this one excels by 50% or more on graphics.

2) Easily expandable internal memory. Just buy the right type of Micro SD card (one with high random read/write performance) and you can increase the internal storage to whatever the largest micro SD card available is. You can't do that when the flash is soldered to the board. (Note: The Nook has the ability to run everything external, but then you lose a storage slot)

3) This one has a camera, HDMI output, the Nook (and proposed Amazon one) does not. I don't use either of these features so I can't really comment on usability/quality/etc...

4) Wi-Fi was solid on this one unlike most ChinaTabs. It was as good as the Nook Color

Mixed feelings:
5) Case is easy to open with a thin flexible plastic tool but you do end up snapping off some of the plastic hooks (since there are NO screws holding it together) if you open and close it repeatedly.

6) Doesn't come with a real "protective" case. You have to pay extra or shop elsewhere to find a good one.

7) Firmware has been hacked to be rooted and can be pretty easily updated. But the amount of people in hacking is is very small compared to other tabs like the Nook (or anything running Cyanogen Mod) or even the super cheap 500 MHz tabs that have lots of hacker support). Still sitting on some problematic mods back from July right now with no recent updates. :(

8) The screen is a TN screen and no better than a $68 China tablet. It will turn negative when held at a typical angle away from you and wash out when tilted down. You do need to look at it right on to avoid any color or contrast shift.

Real negatives (and kept me from keeping it and selling it to a friend of my wife's for their 12 yr old son.)
9) The DPI setting is strange.. Super large text and large icon spacing. You can modify it with a firmware tweak or through third party tools but it only changes the text size and not the spacing between icons. In addition, once changed from 240 (to say 190 DPI) the icons get bad anti-aliasing on them for some reason making them uglier.

10) The included screen protector only covered the exact area of the LCD panel... not the larger border out to the edge of the plastic. This leaves you with a sharp ridge on any of the sides, easy to catch or even lift up as you're using the tablet.

11) The battery is taped to the back of the LCD panel, and up hard against the back of the plastic shell. This causes "ripples" to show on the center of the screen ANYTIME you hold the panel..even if you don't touch the screen! Just putting super light 'holding' pressure on the back of the tablet causes these to appear. A suggested fix is to put paper under the circuit board which causes that to lift and press against the case, causing a larger area of force to not cause the ripples to appear. At least for me, I could only reduce, but not remove it, unless I left the back cover not completely snapped down. This was annoying and unacceptable to me.

12) The biggest issue is that if this multi-touch resitive screen is anything like the single touch resistive screen, it is completely ANNOYING to use. I have used many touch screens from cheap $66 china tabs to $30 GPS's to $30 MP3/MP4 video players to the Nook and the single touch resistive version of this tablet was the ABSOLUTE WORST I have ever used.

Basically, you will find that you are constantly selecting things (clicking on icons) when in fact you were attempting to swipe (scroll). This made using the tablet a significant pain to use. I can't say it enough about how bad this was. It was the sole reason I decided not to keep it. I didn't believe it could be as bad as the others stated, but it was.

Lets hope the multi-touch version is better but since same MFG, I don't know. If it was as good as the $68 ones then it definitely would be worth keeping. EVO-IC is correct on this point. SOME resistive screens CAN be very good. Unfortunately the last A816 deal WAS NOT one of them.

13) Finally, the last issue is that the tilt sensor was 20 degrees off to the left. In order to play any games like racing or maze tilt games you needed to adjust it to hold it 20 degrees off from the angle you intended. This was annoying as well but could be livable if the touch screen had been better.

Again this is a FAST tablet for gaming (well, as defined for Android gaming that is), and is good to stream video to a TV. However with the touch screen issue I just could not keep it and sold it for $30 less than the selling price (after also increasing the internal memory to 8GB!) to a friend of my wife's--and be stuck supporting it as well. (Not as lucky as those that just sell it anonymously on Craigslist).

However, given the fact that you could have picked up a Nook Color for $165 shipped in the last week, and $179 shipped multiple times in the last couple months (and it looks like their price is on the way down a bit overall), that is a much better deal FOR MOST PEOPLE except those that need HDMI output and a camera and faster 3D graphics. The IPS screen is beautiful from a color and resolution perspective, the build quality is top notch, the 2 point capacitive screen is amazing. All for only $20 more than this deal with a 1" smaller screen.

danart 09-03-2011 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasssup (Post 42538190)
Wife and I hated this tablet, the screen wasn't that great, resistive touch screen was frustrating to use on a tablet, and it felt cheap.

Same here....Chinese CRAP.

kex1maze 09-03-2011 11:04 AM

Quote:

I completely agree. :wave:

Evo-IC 09-03-2011 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LGCubana (Post 42538308)
I have to agree that the OP would seem to have a vested interest (beyond bringing a good deal to SD) by his/her willingness to making misleading statements about these tablets and the technology.

This reply to another poster's qualms about resistive screens does exude salesmanship. By omission it would give the novice the impression that multi-touch is exclusive to the cheaper ((to manufacture) resistive screens

I guess my cut and pasting is misleading......
You do realize that I cut and pasted that entire post out of the Wiki from the previous A816 tablet thread here, right? :rolleyes:

What is it with people?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 45root (Post 42541152)
How about this tablet [amazon.com] for the same price from Amazon with the exact same specs. If you are going to throw away $160 on a resistive touch tablet, you should at least have the option to return it. This is regular price by the way. The 7022 [brandsmartusa.com] is better. Its $10 more with capacitive screen.
Skytex = American company and they actually visit these forums. SKYTEX Skypad Alpha 7" Touch Screen Cortex-A8 Tablet Android OS 2.3 [amazon.com] for $153 was $120 earlier this week.. If you want a real tablet you can get a used galaxytab for $240 every day at cowboom. Just pointing out some options with free return shipping. Skytex customer and tech support seems to be great.

Rather than go through each of those tablets and explain the different features, better / worse components / etc, I'll simply say that......now you're doing what I'm doing:
Offering more options at a budget price for people that can't score a TouchPad.
....Which is sort of the whole point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrLateNite (Post 42541864)
Here is an honest review of this deal (technically the SINGLE touch version of this tab). Note: I do NOT own this exact tablet, but rather the single touch version -- also I have purchased many tablets recently, both from an "EVO-IC" deal here, and other sources, both from China resellers and from US-based individuals.

Assuming this tablet is essential the same as the first EVO-IC A816 tablet, I can offer the following on-hands review

Thanks for taking the time to give such a thorough impression, MrLateNite.
We know from spending hours and hours together in the previous thread posting and discussing about the tablets that a good portion of what you posted above is true and correct (Very fast, dumb screen protector, great graphics) and some of it is simply your personal opinion on the matter. (Feelings about Resistive, recommendation of the NC refurbs)

At the end of the day, people forget that no one is holding a gun to the head of the people at Slickdeals.
There are, literally, thousands of pages of reference material and reviews right here on this website about the pros and cons of buying this device.
Well, the previous generation of it, that shares a large portion of the same components.

It does not hurt my feelings (or my wallet, as some would have you believe) one bit if people do not buy the tablet in this thread.
It's just a matter of offering an upgraded version of a previous hit at the same price as the older version.
Exactly 1 month ago, this deal got a +157 rating and the forum was flooded with people that loved their new tablet.

No one will die if the world chooses to pass on this offering. :shake:

kris259 09-03-2011 12:28 PM

Quote:

I could understand the mass idiots out in the regular retail market not wanting a bang for the buck tablet with resistive... but on SD... you get a lot of frugal and people who will make due with the best bang for the buck...generally speaking.... but I guess even SD is full of sheep.... who will over pay for something that is basically a toy....a gadget.... and EVO isnt a walking billboard... he just takes things a little to personal... and defends his SD posts as much as some of you rip them...and rip newbies for their 1st posts... or reposts.... not to mention a lot of the haters are really ignorant.... for example calling this tablet a no name brand...

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasssup (Post 42538190)

Sold it for a $30 loss, and I felt lucky to get even that much for it.

Ill just come out and say it... you must not be a very good sales person then... to sell a tablet that got hundreds of TUs on SDs for a LOSS :eek::confused: ....you must have been hard up for the cash to let it go so easily for a loss... I sold every EVO IC McBub tablet I had (about 5 or 6) for a profit.... made about 300 bucks all together... it didnt feel cheap to me...and many others... I actually liked the heavier feel to it (due to the BIG BATTERIES in it) and the black matte finish.... again its a bang for your buck tablet... I could do just as much on it as any of the double or triple price tablets... if not more... it was on par with speed with any tablet out there.... sure you can have a tegra 2... but do you really think you are going to notice a difference with it vs the samy 1.2....on browsing,....on angry birds... on streaming pandora.... or playing a ripped movie.... NO.... or on facebook... NO.... and that is what 99% of the masses are doing with these toys....

Quote:

Originally Posted by kex1maze (Post 42542624)
I completely agree. :wave:

you know on an android forum he would be seen completely different... as someone who helps everyone else out with info, facts and specs... how can you sell something when all you are doing is stating facts... and setting the record straight when people post completely wrong info.. its up to the buyer (and you would expect SD people to be slightly above average in the brains dept after all) to decide if its a good deal...if they want to risk buying a bang for the buck tablet from china etc... and if he really wanted to sell them... push them etc... he would do much better by just posting the deal and not responding to all the haters....

zefyx 09-03-2011 12:33 PM

My HP TouchPad can do that on 4 different kernels.

keyword 09-03-2011 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo-IC (Post 42520632)

$14 through USPS Int'l.

With tracking, the cost jumps to around $30 or so for USPS.

astyanax 09-03-2011 12:48 PM

Almost thought about maybe considering buying. Then saw 800x600. I think once the Vizio tablet gets Netflix it will be the perfect 8" tablet. New OTA update yesterday fixed the audio sync issues with flash video.

Evo-IC 09-03-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kris259 (Post 42544344)
you know on an android forum he would be seen completely different... as someone who helps everyone else out with info, facts and specs... how can you sell something when all you are doing is stating facts... and setting the record straight when people post completely wrong info.. its up to the buyer (and you would expect SD people to be slightly above average in the brains dept after all) to decide if its a good deal...if they want to risk buying a bang for the buck tablet from china etc... and if he really wanted to sell them... push them etc... he would do much better by just posting the deal and not responding to all the haters....

Rational thought > Knee-jerk hateraide.
Thanks for posting that.
Quote:

Originally Posted by zefyx (Post 42544430)

1. Thanks for the education, I was unaware.
2. That leaves 10 other points to consider.

My list was a poke at the people clamoring for the HP TouchPad at $99/$149, that they will probably never see or own.
There are other tablets out there, and this one right in front of their face, that is proven to do all of the things they need and a dozen more.
Quote:

Originally Posted by keyword (Post 42544552)
With tracking, the cost jumps to around $30 or so for USPS.

You have to dig.
From SoCal, I can log into USPS and get USPS Int'l Priority to deliver in 7-10 days to China for $14 shipped.
If you add signature confirmation, the price jumps up to over $35.
With the $14 method (which I used when returning a product to a company called Buyincoins.com) you get tracking, updates, and delivery confirmation.

I did not post that number on a whim.
I expected the people that enjoy bashing to fact-check it on their own, so why give them ammunition if I were not certain about the cost?

I would link it outright, but USPS use Flash tabs for the calculations and everyone has to look on their own.
Just for the record, I did the same calculation with a package shipping from New York, New York. (10021 Zip Code)

jleonard711 09-03-2011 01:02 PM

So is the tablet in this $159 bundle the same as this one [mcbub.com], but just in a difference case? The specs look identical, but this one for $159 comes in a white case with a mini HDMI instead of full-size HDMI, and it also has a 1.3MP camera instead of 2.0MP, and only a 5000mAh battery instead of 6000mAh.

I'm wondering if the other one is worth it for the additional $10 to get the bigger battery, better camera, and full size HDMI port?

sam2k6 09-03-2011 01:04 PM

My suggestion is to wait unless you can get a Touchpad or you will regret your decision later. Amazon is also coming up with 7 inch and 10 inch Kindle Tablet. More details here http://techcrunch.com/2011/09/02/...le-tablet/

Rhinoboy 09-03-2011 01:16 PM

Bought this tablet from this retailer about sixty days ago. For an android tablet it was vastly superior to others i have owned and worked very well out of the box even without rooting or ROMing. It is very good for what it is (they have a case with usb keyboard that i also bought and would recommend. However i did get two TPs and will now be selling these tablets, hopefully for what i paid. Dont hesitate on this seller or this tablet IMHO.

raul_sensi 09-03-2011 03:07 PM

Just thought I'd chime in after I saw this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by zefyx (Post 42544430)

The cifs/samba option is really beneficial when you consider hdmi capabilities. I own two of the last three tablets from evo deals and both are working amazingly well. Perhaps when focusing on the cifs/samba area you should consider this. Compared to the xbox360 and ps3 (which require an intermediate transcoder: pc to prepare many formats to play some files) these tablets can handle a wide variety alone. So, the argument here is not about tablet vs tablet (because many tablets don't even offer hdmi). The argument here is about tablet vs. media frontend device/htpc/gaming console. (that is, if you want to watch/listen to ALL types of formats on a bigger screen). This was the very reason many of us jumped on the other deals.

What's New? 09-03-2011 04:28 PM

My experience with resistive touch tablets: don't get it, especially when you have experienced capacitive touch. it is not responsive; therefore will get boring/fustrating after a few days

Evo-IC 09-03-2011 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by What's New? (Post 42548854)
My experience with resistive touch tablets: don't get it, especially when you have experienced capacitive touch. it is not responsive; therefore will get boring/fustrating after a few days

Lots of people feel this way about Windows OS when they use an Apple computer.
I'm pretty sure that doesn't mean that everyone on earth should stop buying Windows PC's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by raul_sensi (Post 42547408)
Just thought I'd chime in after I saw this:

The cifs/samba option is really beneficial when you consider hdmi capabilities. I own two of the last three tablets from evo deals and both are working amazingly well. Perhaps when focusing on the cifs/samba area you should consider this. Compared to the xbox360 and ps3 (which require an intermediate transcoder: pc to prepare many formats to play some files) these tablets can handle a wide variety alone. So, the argument here is not about tablet vs tablet (because many tablets don't even offer hdmi). The argument here is about tablet vs. media frontend device/htpc/gaming console. (that is, if you want to watch/listen to ALL types of formats on a bigger screen). This was the very reason many of us jumped on the other deals.

You're smarter than me....:)

Yes, obviously, a massive advantage for the A820 tablet would be the streaming 1080p HD video to your bigscreen connected through the HDMI port.

Most people do not realize that this can completely replace your HTPC / Home theater PC for about 1/3 of the price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhinoboy (Post 42545392)
Bought this tablet from this retailer about sixty days ago. For an android tablet it was vastly superior to others i have owned and worked very well out of the box even without rooting or ROMing. It is very good for what it is (they have a case with usb keyboard that i also bought and would recommend. However i did get two TPs and will now be selling these tablets, hopefully for what i paid. Dont hesitate on this seller or this tablet IMHO.

Thanks for the feedback.
I have the TouchPad, the Renesas N7A-II, and the A816.
I have sold off 5 of the previous tablets in my collection and will probably stick with these until the itch returns.

Gone are the 7" ePad, the 7" ZT-180, the 10" ZT-180, the 10" ZT-180 clone, and the 10" FlyTouch/SuperPad......

Every single one of those were sold for a profit on Craigslist, after months of use.
Mostly because once people used them and gave it a test drive when I met them to sell, they were extremely impressed with the bang-for-the-buck factor.

People can bash on a web-forum all they want, and they certainly do......but seeing is believing.

socalgman 09-03-2011 07:46 PM

Delete

gunabcd 09-04-2011 09:22 AM

i bought Coby 7022 (capacitive screen, 1ghz, 512MB, HDMI, microSD slot, Android 2.3) 2 months ago for $165 at Toysrus. Tablet is much better than the chinese one that many people jumped on at that time.
For me i don't want to deal with an overseas seller with no name/reputation. For $22 i also got 15 mo replacement plan that includes accidental drop, spill, etc.

The chinese tab deal was possible only thru the link that EVO provided. You could not search the tab by model etc and get the same deal, ask yourself why. For any smart person it's clear Evo got a commission for each tablet sold.

kingfish2 09-04-2011 09:49 AM

Damn a $100 HP touchpad kills every tablet deal like this one. People will crazily jump on this if this is Ipad or Asus Transformer:D

smartdeals 09-04-2011 09:51 AM

mark my words, this is not a deal unless for $99.

sklar 09-04-2011 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingfish2 (Post 42562534)
Damn a $100 HP touchpad kills every tablet deal like this one. People will crazily jump on this if this is Ipad or Asus Transformer:D

But unless HP gets them in stock and decides to sell them at $100, that deal is dead and wont be seen again.

I have had the little brother of this pad, the A816, for several months now. Nothing at all bad to say about it. I rooted it and replaced the internal SD card with a larger faster one. Didnt need a new firmware load, the gingerbread it came with does everything I want. The screen is just fine for everything I do, I have zero complaints about it. The speed is ridiculous. It plays every game. It runs every app I need. Nothing feels cheap about it. Other than it being thicker than an ipad, in side by side testing I could find no difference in available apps, operation or much of anything else.

I can hand it to my 6 year old while he's drinking a pepsi and not worry about it. Conversely, I've seen parents hand their ipad 2 to a kid who dropped it and broke it.

I cant even count how many other people with tablets who have asked me about it and how much it was, then facepalmed for spending $400-600+ on their tablet.

But its not a status tablet. You dont pull it out and have 3/4 of the people who see it think "Wow, they spent a lot of money on that!".

Evo-IC 09-04-2011 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunabcd (Post 42562152)
i bought Coby 7022 (capacitive screen, 1ghz, 512MB, HDMI, microSD slot, Android 2.3) 2 months ago for $165 at Toysrus. Tablet is much better than the chinese one that many people jumped on at that time.
For me i don't want to deal with an overseas seller with no name/reputation. For $22 i also got 15 mo replacement plan that includes accidental drop, spill, etc.

The chinese tab deal was possible only thru the link that EVO provided. You could not search the tab by model etc and get the same deal, ask yourself why. For any smart person it's clear Evo got a commission for each tablet sold.

You do realize that the link was the same link sent from the McBub.com Newsletter email, right?
The same one that was sent to myself and everyone else, which was stated numerous times in the previous thread, to shut up idiotic accusatory posters that had no idea what they were talking about.

Did you miss that?
Quote:

Originally Posted by sklar (Post 42562724)
But unless HP gets them in stock and decides to sell them at $100, that deal is dead and wont be seen again.

I have had the little brother of this pad, the A816, for several months now. Nothing at all bad to say about it. I rooted it and replaced the internal SD card with a larger faster one. Didnt need a new firmware load, the gingerbread it came with does everything I want. The screen is just fine for everything I do, I have zero complaints about it. The speed is ridiculous. It plays every game. It runs every app I need. Nothing feels cheap about it. Other than it being thicker than an ipad, in side by side testing I could find no difference in available apps, operation or much of anything else.

I can hand it to my 6 year old while he's drinking a pepsi and not worry about it. Conversely, I've seen parents hand their ipad 2 to a kid who dropped it and broke it.

I cant even count how many other people with tablets who have asked me about it and how much it was, then facepalmed for spending $400-600+ on their tablet.

But its not a status tablet. You dont pull it out and have 3/4 of the people who see it think "Wow, they spent a lot of money on that!".

Thanks for the review / feedback.
At this point, people are hell-bent on dogging anything that isn't made by HP and named, "Touchpad". :rolleyes:

45root 09-04-2011 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sklar (Post 42562724)

This is just to clear up some things this guy said in his post. Also this is about the previous tablet (a816) that he is referencing.
Just fine from a china pad fanboy means not really good. Oh ya it may not feel cheap but it certainly looks it. Read the wiki for this tablet. You have to put a paper bag inside of it [slatedroid.com] to make the screen stop rippling. The camera sometimes isnt aligned in the case. One guy said his didnt even come with wifi antennae installed and he had to rig it up. It seems that all of the g sensors were not aligned right so if you play games that use it for steering or anything like that you have to hold it at an angle. I cant beleive what people were getting and having to fix for themselves and then saying its ok. IT SHOULD WORK at least FINE OUT OF THE BOX.

Oh ya the comment I made earlier about the nand only being 4gb is invalid as its a regular sd card that you can remove and replace.

Dozens 09-04-2011 11:52 AM

Piece of crap that is only good for giving Android a negative reputation.

pieroxmysox 09-04-2011 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo-IC (Post 42549568)
Lots of people feel this way about Windows OS when they use an Apple computer.
I'm pretty sure that doesn't mean that everyone on earth should stop buying Windows PC's.

You're smarter than me....:)

Yes, obviously, a massive advantage for the A820 tablet would be the streaming 1080p HD video to your bigscreen connected through the HDMI port.

Most people do not realize that this can completely replace your HTPC / Home theater PC for about 1/3 of the price.

Thanks for the feedback.
I have the TouchPad, the Renesas N7A-II, and the A816.
I have sold off 5 of the previous tablets in my collection and will probably stick with these until the itch returns.

Gone are the 7" ePad, the 7" ZT-180, the 10" ZT-180, the 10" ZT-180 clone, and the 10" FlyTouch/SuperPad......

Every single one of those were sold for a profit on Craigslist, after months of use.
Mostly because once people used them and gave it a test drive when I met them to sell, they were extremely impressed with the bang-for-the-buck factor.

People can bash on a web-forum all they want, and they certainly do......but seeing is believing.

This thing can replace an HTPC? What are you smoking? This thing at max is gonna support 36GBs of space. That's pathetic for an HTPC. Not to mention the main advantage of an HTPC is not worrying about codecs at all. You still have to on android devices. This thing at best isn't even as good as an Apple TV/Logitec Revue for playing video on a TV.

There's no way you're not related to this company somehow.

keyword 09-04-2011 12:09 PM

Please do your fellow Americans a favor by not buying this. If you do buy it and then you regret it for whatever reason like technical support, you'd end up unloading it on Craigslist or eBay to some uninformed and unsuspecting buyers. I've said that my first tablet would be bought here in the US, and the Touchpad firesale made that possible. It's cheaper, is better quality than these Chinese pads with poor quality control, and webos is phenomenal. HP has said they will make more Touchpads. Just be a little patient if you didn't score a Touchpad, as prices will drop a lot more as the holiday season approaches.

Evo-IC 09-04-2011 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pieroxmysox (Post 42565064)
This thing can replace an HTPC? What are you smoking? This thing at max is gonna support 36GBs of space. That's pathetic for an HTPC. Not to mention the main advantage of an HTPC is not worrying about codecs at all. You still have to on android devices. This thing at best isn't even as good as an Apple TV/Logitec Revue for playing video on a TV.

There's no way you're not related to this company somehow.

Streaming. HD. Video.

Whatever size your network or PC storage is, that's what size your HTPC library becomes.
I'm not saying it in the hopes that it can be done.
I'm saying it because that's what some of the owners have done with it.

Here is one.

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=42547408&postcount=105

damask 09-04-2011 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo-IC (Post 42520850)
Call me an eternal optimist. :)

I try to believe in people's better nature and leave the rest to fate.
Having said that, how could a bad company, selling a bad product, have such a good rating from the people that purchased it last time around? :shake:

Sometimes, people are funny creatures.
They are so afraid of the unknown that they believe it to be the boogie-man.

Take a look at the video I posted just above to see the screen quality.
(also on the sale page)

This is getting old EVO-IC. I know your dedication to Chinapad and McBub and this could be the shortcut to get your hand on a tablet. Not anymore!
I was able to snatch 10" Touchpad for $50, 10" Acer Iconia for $219 shipped with warranty and return. All of them are capacitive touch with 16GB and superb battery life, not to mention a bunch of other super things (gorilla glass, IPS, for example). So fellow slickdealers, hang on to your hard earn money and wait for your chance. Your turn will come, do not rush now. For your information, I still have my 2 chinapads from previous EVO-IC deals, like new condition, that I am willing to let go for cheap. PM me.

Fpoama 09-04-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo-IC (Post 42565168)
Streaming. HD. Video.

Whatever size your network or PC storage is, that's what size your HTPC library becomes.

Here is one.

I have used my A816 to stream 720p mkv's from my computer and it works quite nicely for that. After using it for almost 2 months, the only minor issue I have is 2 spots of dust or something that are underneath the screen surface. But they are only noticeable with a complete white background.

Back when I got the A816 the price was nice compared to other tablets out on the market. Now that the touchpad just had a firesale and Amazon is coming out with their tablet, I personally would probably wait now to see how far prices will come by black friday.

But for this price point it is worth the money.

Canollioi 09-04-2011 12:30 PM

Quote:

<----DHL Int'l

----------> Here is a video link to see it in action. VIDEO [youtube.com]

You do realize the HP touchpad at $99 is a much better deal

Evo-IC 09-04-2011 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damask (Post 42565380)
This is getting old EVO-IC. I know your dedication to Chinapad and McBub and this could be the shortcut to get your hand on a tablet. Not anymore!
I was able to snatch 10" Touchpad for $50, 10" Acer Iconia for $219 shipped with warranty and return. All of them are capacitive touch with 16GB and superb battery life, not to mention a bunch of other super things (gorilla glass, IPS, for example). So fellow slickdealers, hang on to your hard earn money and wait for your chance. Your turn will come, do not rush now. For your information, I still have my 2 chinapads from previous EVO-IC deals, like new condition, that I am willing to let go for cheap. PM me.

All great deals in their own right.
For people that missed it or don't have access to your level of Slickness, there are always other options.
That's all this is.....one more option.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fpoama (Post 42565418)
I have used my A816 to stream 720p mkv's from my computer and it works quite nicely for that. After using it for almost 2 months, the only minor issue I have is 2 spots of dust or something that are underneath the screen surface. But they are only noticeable with a complete white background.

Back when I got the A816 the price was nice compared to other tablets out on the market. Now that the touchpad just had a firesale and Amazon is coming out with their tablet, I personally would probably wait now to see how far prices will come by black friday.

But for this price point it is worth the money.

Thanks for the info.
It's always nice to hear from people that actually own the tablets and can back up some of the statements.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Canollioi (Post 42565604)
You do realize the HP touchpad at $99 is a much better deal

I'm pretty sure everyone on earth knows this.
Please provide a link where to buy one, or feel free to reread the text in dark red above.
You, and people like you are on of the primary reason that this thread got crushed.
There is now a whole new breed of people new to the tablet market that thinks the price for a 10" Capacitive IPS tablet is $100......

pieroxmysox 09-04-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo-IC (Post 42565168)
Streaming. HD. Video.

Here is one.

I don't think you know what an HTPC is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_theater_PC

Your use has it as more of an inferior apple TV/revue, there's a big difference and you're not grasping the concept.

anothername 09-04-2011 02:45 PM

I bought 3 of the tablets from McBub and only 1 is still working. Two weeks after they arrived 2 of the 3 tablets stopped working. The customer support SUCKS BIG AND I MEAN BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do not buy from this website.

NYISLES 09-04-2011 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anothername (Post 42568192)
I bought 3 of the tablets from McBub and only 1 is still working. Two weeks after they arrived 2 of the 3 tablets stopped working. The customer support SUCKS BIG AND I MEAN BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do not buy from this website.

What did you expect? You are dealing with retailer in China selling cheap knockoff tablets. Regardless of what other will have you believe...that is what they are. Go in with low expectations, and hope for the best. OR save your money and get a deal from reputable local retailer.

anothername 09-04-2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYISLES (Post 42568430)
What did you expect? You are dealing with retailer in China selling cheap knockoff tablets. Regardless of what other will have you believe...that is what they are. Go in with low expectations, and hope for the best. OR save your money and get a deal from reputable local retailer.

True I learned my lesson.

blunty 09-04-2011 04:31 PM

I have the A816, only the most recent 0728 updates solved my HDMI problems. Out of the box, the original fw didn't work with my TV. I don't know how others use this to view 1080p full screen externally. On my 720p screen, I get black bars on the sides of my video output. It basically outputs 800x600 to my tv. Has anyone actually got fullscreen 1080p via hdmi.

It's nice for the spec to say 2 point or multi-point touch, but if the screen is as difficult to use as the A816, good luck getting two fingers (tips, nails, pads, whatever you use) to register your touches correctly when it has such a hard time sensing just one finger.

signalsoldier 09-04-2011 04:33 PM

Thinking of getting rid of mine. Its a nice lil novelty but the screen is a bit much to deal with. Resistive screen has undone my nerves

Evo-IC 09-04-2011 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anothername (Post 42568192)

You could have simply posted back in the thread.
There were 2,000+ user comments, a Wiki here, a Wiki / FAQ / and entire SubForum at Slatedroid.com, and plenty of people that would have happily jumped in to help troubleshoot and try to get you pointed in the right direction.

You should have exercised your opportunity and asked for help.

We had maybe a handful of people post with legitimate issues.
The rest of them generally had small problems that were easily fixed, no problem at all - they just didn't know how to do something or preferred it work a different way, or a problem that they themselves created.

For instance, the poster who condemned me, the McBub.com website, and the entire Android community for sucking him into such a terrible deal because his tablet was garbage and D.O.A.........only to find out that he was plugging the charger into the headphone jack.

He loves his tablet and thanked me publicly and privately for helping him find the deal.

Sorry your situation turned out different.
I'd check to make sure the above was not your issue, while we're discussing it.

joon82 09-04-2011 04:37 PM

Wow what is the resolution on this?
Icons are huuuuuuuugggge. 320x240 running on 8inch screen?

Evo-IC 09-04-2011 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joon82 (Post 42570104)
Wow what is the resolution on this?
Icons are huuuuuuuugggge. 320x240 running on 8inch screen?

The resolution is 800x600.
The icons can be enlarged or reduced in size using the DPI changer app found free in the Google Android Market.

dealpapa 09-04-2011 05:20 PM

evo-ic already made a lot of money here. it is ok deal two months ago

Jmana 09-04-2011 05:58 PM

I bought a capacitive screen one, and am looking forward to trying it out! From what I have been reading they seem like a great deal, and i don't understand why people are talking crap about a device they have never tried! I like the fact that they do android, have expandable memory, and all the ports that will come in handy!

raul_sensi 09-04-2011 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pieroxmysox (Post 42566888)
I don't think you know what an HTPC is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_theater_PC

Your use has it as more of an inferior apple TV/revue, there's a big difference and you're not grasping the concept.

Nope, I think he does:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
"A Home Theater PC (HTPC) or Media Center appliance is a convergence device that combines some or all the capabilities of a personal computer with a software application that supports video, photo, music playback, and SOMETIMES video recording functionality."

1. Preferred method of accessing media files: automount drives/shares through NFS or SAMBA/CIFS

2. Recording capability: can be achieved in conjunction with a live backend employing data from a list service (tv episodes, movies, meta-data)

Quote:

"By 2002, major software developments also facilitated media management, hardware integration, and content presentation. MythTV provided a free and open source solution using Linux. The concept was to combine a digital tuner with digital video recording, program guides, and computer capabilities with a 10-foot user interface."

3. Originally based on unix, like android, GREAT support for many codecs/formats. Accessible as a backend (mythtv) through web browser to schedule recordings, update, etc. (See #2)

Quote:

"XBMC was another free and open software project started with re-purposing the Xbox as a home theater PC but has since been ported to Windows and Macintosh operating systems"

4. Ashame, because it looks like the snobs got a hold of the development. Was a great package in the beginning.

Ridiculous. I know people are jumping at the name brand items, but for God's sakes, don't trash these deals b/c you don't like the poster, android, or putting in a little work to achieve something on a device. And if you don't like Chinese products, burn down your house.

PS. This is marketted as a tablet that ALSO has HDMI, not a standalone media receiver, but it can become one if you want it to.

Mohoney519 09-04-2011 07:00 PM

ban OP for advertising China tablet crap again:mad:

Does it Ever END with this guy?

signalsoldier 09-04-2011 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo-IC (Post 42570736)
The resolution is 800x600.
The icons can be enlarged or reduced in size using the DPI changer app found free in the Google Android Market.

I cant seem to find this app is this the correct name?

joon82 09-04-2011 07:10 PM

$159 is asking too much for low quality pad.
I'm sure they will not release patch or update.
Just find cheap nook color and put android. Better screen, more memory, better resale value, updates from b&n and XDA.
I used to buy chinese mp3 and pmps but it really is not worth money(onda, aniol, ramos, etc)

apple4life 09-04-2011 08:53 PM

I would consider this thing for about $20 shipped. Serious.

druggist 09-04-2011 09:02 PM

Looks like Evo-ic has lost his touch(pad)

Evo-IC 09-04-2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dealpapa (Post 42570780)
evo-ic already made a lot of money here. it is ok deal two months ago

Explain.
If you mean that I bought A816's from the previous deal to flip on Craigslist to profit, no.
I did that with the cheap-o ePad's and the 10" Zenithink tablets......and did quite well.

If you mean to infer that I'm being paid, I'd love to know exactly how that would get done.
Please explain to me.
How would someone make money without a referral link, a referral code, a coupon, or anything else?
You can simply search McBub.com and you'll find the deal, just like anyone else.
I guess the people that run that website are supposed to guesstimate how many have been sold, and then send me a briefcase full of cash from 11,000 miles away?

I defend the seller because I've bought from there 4 times now, without a hitch, each time arriving in 6 days or less.
I defend the tablets, because other than this one, I have owned each and every single one that I've posted.
I put my money where my mouth is.
I defend Android, because I personally think that it's the best / most capable software on planet earth.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmana (Post 42571368)
I bought a capacitive screen one, and am looking forward to trying it out! From what I have been reading they seem like a great deal, and i don't understand why people are talking crap about a device they have never tried! I like the fact that they do android, have expandable memory, and all the ports that will come in handy!

Please post back here or in the other thread with your thoughts.
Even though you will be adding to the mountain of positive reviews, none of the haters will bother to read them.......but others certainly will and it's appreciated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by raul_sensi (Post 42572288)

Ridiculous. I know people are jumping at the name brand items, but for God's sakes, don't trash these deals b/c you don't like the poster, android, or putting in a little work to achieve something on a device. And if you don't like Chinese products, burn down your house.

PS. This is marketted as a tablet that ALSO has HDMI, not a standalone media receiver, but it can become one if you want it to.

From your mouth, to God's ears.

Evo-IC 09-04-2011 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slickdealer1996 (Post 42572462)

Seriously, why would you even care?
:confused:
Why don't you find something meaningful or relevant to do with your time instead of bashing other people's efforts and being a child?

If that 1996 is in your name because it's when you were born, you can disregard that last line, it may not be possible for you.
If so, apologies for barking at a teenager for being immature.

You may not know your way around the forum, but here's a tip.
Click my name and select, "ignore"....you'll never hurt your precious eyes with another Android tablet deal from China posted by Evo-IC again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by signalsoldier (Post 42572576)
I cant seem to find this app is this the correct name?

Here you go: http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-a...anger.html
Quote:

Originally Posted by joon82 (Post 42572652)
$159 is asking too much for low quality pad.
I'm sure they will not release patch or update.
Just find cheap nook color and put android. Better screen, more memory, better resale value, updates from b&n and XDA.
I used to buy chinese mp3 and pmps but it really is not worth money(onda, aniol, ramos, etc)

You're incorrect, but like others, you feel the need to chime in.
So, here's an education for you.
AiShuo not only offered updates for older customers that were running Android 2.2 (Froyo) to Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) at no charge.......they have released at least 5 updates / patches to the firmware, directly from their company site, for people to download.
If Google ever releases the source code for Android 3.0 (Honeycomb), you can expect them to do the same.
AiShuo is a legitimate Chinese manufacturer that specializes in Samsung S5PV210-based Android tablets.
Just because you have not heard of them does not mean that they are a sub-standard hole-in-the-wall.
The Nook Color that you are recommending has no HDMI, The same amount of memory, a lesser GPU, a slower CPU, and no bluetooth unless you flash a custom ROM onto your Refurbished unit and go through the steps to make the dead Bluetooth module inside work....among other things. Yes, it has a nice screen - hoorah.

I'm not looking or interested in getting into a flame war with you, but if you continue to post nonsense in my thread, I will continue to prove you wrong.
Quote:

Originally Posted by apple4life (Post 42574540)
I would consider this thing for about $20 shipped. Serious.

Based on your screen name choice and your date of joining, your post makes complete sense to me.
While your opinion is yours to offer, I'm not sure it's relevant or valuable.
Quote:

Originally Posted by druggist (Post 42574792)
Looks like Evo-ic has lost his touch(pad)

I have my touchpad sitting right next to my AiShuo A816, along with my 7" Renesas Dual-Core N7A-II.

Of my original total of 8 tablets, these are the only 3 that I have kept, as they are all exceptional in their own right. :D

dealpapa 09-04-2011 10:01 PM

after hp touchpad everything changed

krishnavr4 09-04-2011 10:21 PM

Hi Evo-IC,

I must admit I'm an total noob when it comes to Android. Would you consider
this a good pad to give to my elderly folks? I'm looking for something that they can
travel overseas with, isn't too expensive (read if it's lost/broken won't kill me
financially) and most importantly allow them to easily Skype & Check/Send
email? I know this is a lot, but I'd value your opinion. Waiting for a HP Touchpad
to show up if it ever ships :-p but am running out of patience and need to find
something soon for my folks. Thanks in advance for your reply,

Krishnavr4

l44l44 09-04-2011 10:27 PM

People, please do not fall prey to these Chinapads. You'll get absolutely no support for these craplets, which fail as often as they possibly can. Heed Admiral Ackbar's wise advice.

halogod2 09-04-2011 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krishnavr4 (Post 42577186)
Hi Evo-IC,

this a good pad to give to my elderly folks? I'm looking for something that they can
travel overseas with, isn't too expensive (read if it's lost/broken won't kill me
email? I know this is a lot, but I'd value your opinion. Waiting for a HP Touchpad

Krishnavr4

There will be more HP TouchPads in the next few weeks. Check this link http://h20435.www2.hp.com/t5/The-...ba-p/68749. I just watched the OP's video about this android. This tablet has a lot of options. It's too advance for the elders like our grandparents. You should find something simple like Ipad. My 5 years old niece can use Ipad by herself:lol: Sorry Ipad is too expensive, and I can't afford to get one:(

krishnavr4 09-04-2011 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halogod2 (Post 42577468)
There will be more HP TouchPads in the next few weeks. Check this link http://h20435.www2.hp.com/t5/The-...ba-p/68749. I just watched the OP's video about this android. This tablet has a lot of options. It's too advance for the elders like our grandparents. You should find something simple like Ipad. My 5 years old niece can use Ipad by herself:lol: Sorry Ipad is too expensive, and I can't afford to get one:(

Unfortunately I can't justify spending $$$ to buy an Ipad for my folks. They have
a reverse midas touch when it comes to technology! I'm somewhat a techie at heart
so if I could customize this cheapo pad to just have a few functions on the main
menu like Skype, Email & Web Browser, I could hide the rest of the more complex
functions from them. I'm more a Linux/PC guy and thus far have never delved into
the Android world so that is why I was asking the question. Thanks for the link
and your suggestions though!

kris259 09-04-2011 10:57 PM

Quote:

Hi Evo-IC,

Krishnavr4

they may feel intimated at 1st to learn a new gadget...but nothing is better for old folks to keep them young than to have them learn new things.... no joke...I would def suggest one of these for the older generation... esp with the bigger DPI icons... they might like having pinch to zoom options for reading with less than perfect eye sight.... so that would by my only worry.. but they can always put the font to large for the web and ebooks...and use the double tap and or plus or minus soft button for zooming in and out...

you can also do some tutorial videos for them (film yourself using the tablet) and you can put the videos on the home screen... so if they forget how to turn the wireless off and on... or turn the brightness on and off... or how to find an ebook on the microSD card slot... all they have to do is tap the icon for the video on the home screen... I started doing that for my GFs mom...so I didnt have to tell her every 2 months how to add audiobooks to her MP3 player... I made a video of me doing it...complete with me talking her through it... and since then she never has had a problem adding it... she just watches the video on her laptop... DONE.... saved me a lot of having to teach her the same thing every 2 months...

Quote:

Originally Posted by l44l44 (Post 42577306)
People, please do not fall prey to these Chinapads. You'll get absolutely no support for these craplets, which fail as often as they possibly can. Heed Admiral Ackbar's wise advice.

no support... if you look at the last 4ish evoic chipad threads there are prob over a MILLION posts all together... many of them are custom support from other members on how to do this or that...fix this or that... adjust this or that... not to mention the android forums support... wiki pages...and so on... sounds like a great support system to me..

Quote:

those touchpads are rumored to only fulfill past HP orders.... and I figure it to be really true... as why would HP have more made at a cost of 300 each.. only to sell them for a loss at 100 and 149.... I dont think we will see anymore TPs come to market.... unless HP can somehow take that loss as part of a marketing budget or something and feel that they are selling them at a loss only to make money on webOS store (think itunes but for HP TOUCHPAD and webOS devices), accessories and or increase the value of webOS to be used in other devices.... so that is the only way a company would sell something at a loss... is for future gain....

and as for your elders comment...might as well be dead already if you dont want to learn something new.... Ive always found the happiest and self sufficient elders are the ones who have a cell phone... and learn all about it... and can use it... write down little notes on how to do this or that on it... the ones that dont use a tape player anymore...and have an mp3 player... know how to use it bc they learned it... it keeps their mind fresh... keeps them young in spirit and mind... more so than just sitting there and being told they are too stupid and old to learn how to use a touch based tablet with android... its really not that hard.... can you read... yes... can you see the screen and icons... yes... can you use your finger to touch the space on the screen with the icon... yes... ok great you are "tall enough" to ride this ride... get on grandma... Im going to take you for a tour of the android OS.... start by touching the HOUSE icon grandma.. see that stands for HOME.... how simple is that grandma... LOFL

MrMonkeeMan 09-04-2011 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo-IC (Post 42570048)
You could have simply posted back in the thread.
There were 2,000+ user comments, a Wiki here, a Wiki / FAQ / and entire SubForum at Slatedroid.com, and plenty of people that would have happily jumped in to help troubleshoot and try to get you pointed in the right direction.

You should have exercised your opportunity and asked for help.

We had maybe a handful of people post with legitimate issues.

So we have to rely on tech support from other users through forums? Sorry dude, that's a load of crap.

Btw, I bit the bullet on that 8" a few months ago that came with a DOA battery. They wanted me to ship it back at my own cost instead of sending me a battery that I would have gladly paid for. Maybe a forum member can send me a battery or refund me the money I wasted? Evo-IC, you're a perfect candidate.

krishnavr4 09-04-2011 11:10 PM

Wow thanks for your detailed reply and for the suggestion for creating self-help videos.
Brilliant!!! I hate to admit how much time I have wasted on the phone playing tech
support for my folks. I agree with you learning new skills is the best way to keep young.
I'm going to a bit more research on this particular pad and then will probably pull the trigger.
Again, I really appreciated your reply...

halogod2 09-04-2011 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kris259 (Post 42577876)
they may feel intimated at 1st to learn a new gadget...but nothing is better for old folks to keep them young than to have them learn new things.... no joke...I would def suggest one of these for the older generation... esp with the bigger DPI icons... they might like having pinch to zoom options for reading with less than perfect eye sight.... so that would by my only worry.. but they can always put the font to large for the web and ebooks...and use the double tap and or plus or minus soft button for zooming in and out...

you can also do some tutorial videos for them (film yourself using the tablet) and you can put the videos on the home screen... so if they forget how to turn the wireless off and on... or turn the brightness on and off... or how to find an ebook on the microSD card slot... all they have to do is tap the icon for the video on the home screen... I started doing that for my GFs mom...so I didnt have to tell her every 2 months how to add audiobooks to her MP3 player... I made a video of me doing it...complete with me talking her through it... and since then she never has had a problem adding it... she just watches the video on her laptop... DONE.... saved me a lot of having to teach her the same thing every 2 months...

no support... if you look at the last 4ish evoic chipad threads there are prob over a MILLION posts all together... many of them are custom support from other members on how to do this or that...fix this or that... adjust this or that... not to mention the android forums support... wiki pages...and so on... sounds like a great support system to me..

those touchpads are rumored to only fulfill past HP orders.... and I figure it to be really true... as why would HP have more made at a cost of 300 each.. only to sell them for a loss at 100 and 149.... I dont think we will see anymore TPs come to market.... unless HP can somehow take that loss as part of a marketing budget or something and feel that they are selling them at a loss only to make money on webOS store (think itunes but for HP TOUCHPAD and webOS devices), accessories and or increase the value of webOS to be used in other devices.... so that is the only way a company would sell something at a loss... is for future gain....

and as for your elders comment...might as well be dead already if you dont want to learn something new.... Ive always found the happiest and self sufficient elders are the ones who have a cell phone... and learn all about it... and can use it... write down little notes on how to do this or that on it... the ones that dont use a tape player anymore...and have an mp3 player... know how to use it bc they learned it... it keeps their mind fresh... keeps them young in spirit and mind... more so than just sitting there and being told they are too stupid and old to learn how to use a touch based tablet with android... its really not that hard.... can you read... yes... can you see the screen and icons... yes... can you use your finger to touch the space on the screen with the icon... yes... ok great you are "tall enough" to ride this ride... get on grandma... Im going to take you for a tour of the android OS.... start by touching the HOUSE icon grandma.. see that stands for HOME.... how simple is that grandma... LOFL

Sorry I didn't mean to insult the elders. I take my words back. According to my knowledge, I saw kids and old people used their Ipad. On the other hand, they didn't know to activate their bluetooths on their cell phones. A few cell phones have so many options like this android. If they are capable of learning everything, then we can teach them to write a program by using C/C++, Java, or Maple. What do you think?

joon82 09-04-2011 11:23 PM

Here is something to laugh at
I fix apple products for fun. My boss went to China and bought this few months ago. told me to fix the broken screen.
http://i1094.photobucket.com/albu...AG0163.jpg
http://i1094.photobucket.com/albu...AG0161.jpg
I dare you to take this pad around public.

I have seen this happen all over when i was into chinese mp3/pmp.
Really smart marketing.
They send product for free to person in U.S and let them give good review online to attract customers.

Nationrite/mp4nation is just one of example.

Its your money spend it wisely.

kris259 09-04-2011 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halogod2 (Post 42578228)
Sorry I didn't mean to insult the elders. I take my words back. According to my knowledge, I saw kids and old people used their Ipad. On the other hand, they didn't know to activate their bluetooths on their cell phones. A few cell phones have so many options like this android. If they are capable of learning everything, then we can teach them to write a program by using C/C++, Java, or Maple. What do you think?

not sure they would get much use out of c++... retired people generally would rather travel... or watch movies and read books on their new touchpad/A820...;)

horizon2600 09-04-2011 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slickdealer1996 (Post 42572462)

Probably is affiliated with those sites, and gets % of the sales, those website got a lot of traffic and business from his threads the last few times. Not so much anymore it seems.

Looks like people got smarter on this one. Some are still blind fools.

sushigaiden 09-04-2011 11:42 PM

The touchscreen on this thing sucks. Find something better.

Evo-IC 09-05-2011 01:08 AM

Quote:

Hi Evo-IC,

Krishnavr4

In all honesty, even though the icons are nicely sized for people that may want to see things a bit easier on the eyes on the 8" AiShuo, if I were making a recommendation for a great tablet on a budget, with people in mind that were looking for an easy-to-use alternative right out of the box.......I'd consider this one.
I have it, and I love it dearly.
http://www.mcbub.com/item/7--N7A-...9--136318/

Other people sell it, but no one has it for a lower price. (Which is sort of the point of these deals)
You can find plenty of reviews for it all over the market and you'll see that it normally retails for $200-$300, by both USA etailers (Like Merimobiles HERE [merimobiles.com]) as well as other Chinese sites.

Quote:

HP cut off their back-orders, using the date of August 22nd as their line in the sand.
If you left your name on the back-order list on that date or before, expect a TouchPad.
If you got on later or do not have your name on the list at all, expect to blow in the wind.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrMonkeeMan (Post 42577908)
So we have to rely on tech support from other users through forums? Sorry dude, that's a load of crap.
Btw, I bit the bullet on that 8" a few months ago that came with a DOA battery. They wanted me to ship it back at my own cost instead of sending me a battery that I would have gladly paid for. Maybe a forum member can send me a battery or refund me the money I wasted? Evo-IC, you're a perfect candidate.

I will address these, one by one, because it's clear that there are lots of people in the world that would like things spoon fed to them - even on a deal site like Slickdeals which prides itself on people being creative and using the resources available to them to get the most potential out of something.

1. Yes. We rely on tech support from other users on web forums. This is why Android sites are 95% crowd support and 5% developer support. That's sort of the whole point of an open Operating System.....now isn't it? I invite you to visit XDA-Forums or SlateDroid to see my words in action. Obviously, you have not been, otherwise your problem probably would have been solved rather quickly.
2. I have a feeling most people, after reading your response and my instructions will choose correctly in deciding what qualifies as a, "load of crap".
3. In almost all situations, you will send back "at your own cost" and then be reimbursed. This is to protect the seller from scam artist and fraudulent transactions. If that company (or ANY company) started sending out free batteries or tablet screens, or replacement memory strictly on someone's word......guess what? Sites like Slickdeals would ream them for freebies until the carcass was picked clean and then onto the next "deal".
4. Again, while sticking with the, "entitlement" theme - why on earth would a forum member send you a battery or reimburse you for your purchase? We're looking to resolve an issue, not live in fantasy land.
5. I'm a perfect candidate to send you a refund or a battery because you actively choose not to participate in a discussion that could have helped you fix your problem?
You have spent more time reading this thread and writing your replies - then you spent trying to get help. I believe that speaks volumes.
Quote:

Originally Posted by joon82 (Post 42578610)
Here is something to laugh at
I fix apple products for fun. My boss went to China and bought this few months ago. told me to fix the broken screen.
http://i1094.photobucket.com/albu...AG0163.jpg
http://i1094.photobucket.com/albu...AG0161.jpg
I dare you to take this pad around public.
I have seen this happen all over when i was into chinese mp3/pmp.
Really smart marketing.
They send product for free to person in U.S and let them give good review online to attract customers.
Nationrite/mp4nation is just one of example.
Its your money spend it wisely.

Your boss, foolishly bought a knock-off Apple product (and from the looks of it, a bad one) and you somehow equate that to a company named AiShuo selling a tablet named an AiShuo A820, that does not look like any other tablet, is not the same size as any other tablet, and does not claim to be any other tablet.

Does that make sense to you, now that someone reads back what you're implying?

I'll wait here while you search the web for another black front, white back, 8", Android Gingerbread tablet, named an A820, from a Major Mfg. :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercurial (Post 42578854)
Probably is affiliated with those sites, and gets % of the sales, those website got a lot of traffic and business from his threads the last few times. Not so much anymore it seems.
Looks like people got smarter on this one. Some are still blind fools.

The way that I listen to idiots whine about me being affiliated with that company, I wish to God that I was getting a piece of the pie.
Just like Slickdeals got the entire pie when I posted deals for Buyincoins.com and they used their referral code.
And I still posted deals for them after the fact, with Slickdeals getting all of the glory, and no one said a word.

I post good tablet deals for good budget tablets.
You're not a fan, you'll never be a fan, and I don't want you to be a fan.
You don't deserve to get good value for your money.
You're too busy worrying about other people's who-dunnits and what-ifs.

Tell me.....

The last tablet deal I posted was over a month ago.
Shouldn't I have been starved and on the street by now?
And what about the front page deal from STAPLES that I posted before this one?
Is STAPLES lining my greasy, shady, underworld, Chinese Triad Mafia pockets as well?

I'm a white guy in Southern California that likes Android.
Give it a rest, you petty broken record.

Samwise Gamgee 09-05-2011 01:13 AM

Quote:

For people that are looking for a ... tablet that is available for purchase now - this may be exactly what you need.

Don't be fooled by the "available for purchase now". There are many more better options available. Not only in the product but the company you're purchasing from ... BETTER OPTIONS!

Don't waste your money. Don't waste your time. Not on these Chinese tablets ... Not on these Chinese tablet threads.

If you can wait, WAIT!

I use to follow these Chinese tablet threads myself. Something however didn't add up. I didn't like what I was sensing about the Op, the company selling, or what was being hocked. I didn't like the experiences of people who actually ended up buying.

LUCKILY I CAME TO MY SENSES and Did Not Buy!

SAVE YOUR MONEY ... Something Better WILL come along! Something Did and I got an HP TouchPad ... BETTER HARDWARE all around for $99!

After all, aren't we on SD to try to get the Best Deals we can?!

Quote:

Nothing you can't get yourself, for cheap. I got a Verizon Folio case for my HP TouchPad for $4.

I got free shipping for my HP TouchPad. I ordered Sunday, got it Wednesday.

Quote:

You might lose hope and become insane if you end up having bad experiences with these Chinese tablets and their sellers.

Top 12 things my HP TouchPad CAN DO! :D

1. Capacative TouchScreen
2. Large 9.7 inch (246.3mm) screen for easy, full-color viewing
3. WebOS ... Plenty good enough!
4. Micro-USB support
5. Front-facing camera
6. Wireless N ... meaning FAST wifi speeds!
7. Dual Core cpu, which can be overclocked
8. 16 or 32 GB storage
9. 1 GB RAM
10. GPS functionality
11. Full Year WARRANTY by HP
12. BY THE WAY, all that for $99! Not even these Chinese tablet "deals" can beat that!

horizon2600 09-05-2011 01:28 AM

Quote:

I post good tablet deals for good budget tablets.
You're not a fan, you'll never be a fan, and I don't want you to be a fan.
You don't deserve to get good value for your money.
You're too busy worrying about other people's who-dunnits and what-ifs.

Tell me.....

The last tablet deal I posted was over a month ago.
Shouldn't I have been starved and on the street by now?
And what about the front page deal from STAPLES that I posted before this one?
Is STAPLES lining my greasy, shady, underworld, Chinese Triad Mafia pockets as well?

I'm a white guy in Southern California that likes Android.
Give it a rest, you petty broken record.
I played around with GTAB Viewsonic, among others. A Tablet without a proper IPS screen is worthless.

Now the GTab is a dual core tegra running android 3. I don't even want to imagine a chinese tab with terrible screen, terrible touch screen, terrible hardware, terrible build, old android OS, terrible warranty.

Cheap is good. That cheap is dumb.

If you can't spend 300$, you probably shouldn't spend 150$ as you probably need to put food on your table and have other things to worry out.

You don't just post "deals" . You try extremely hard to brainwash people into buying them and looks to me as if you advertise for those companies/websites.

Evo-IC 09-05-2011 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samwise Gamgee (Post 42580272)

4. Min-USB support
5. Front-facing camera
8. 16 or 32 GB storage
9. 1 GB RAM
10. GPS functionality
12. BY THE WAY, all that for $99! Not even these Chinese tablet "deals" can beat that!

Is typing in Blue the key to getting people to read?
Maybe that was my issue all along!! Here we go!!

Let's go down your list of the $499 WebOS tablet that a major mfg. dropped completely and did a fire sale at $99 to take a $1 Billion write-off.....shall we?

1. Capacative TouchScreen - ok.
2. Large 9.7 inch (246.3mm) screen for easy, full-color viewing - Because the 8" screen on the A820 is in black & white?
3. WebOS ... Plenty good enough! - Opinion. Also, currently sporting about 2,000 apps. Compared to 350,000+ for Android.
4. Min-USB support - It's Micro-USB. And the A820 has a mini-USB as well as a Full-sized USB. Odd that you would point out shortcomings as features.
5. Front-facing camera - Same as the A820. Again, odd that you would point this out.
6. Wireless N ... meaning FAST wifi speeds! - I hate to sound like a broken record here....but......
7. Dual Core cpu, which can be overclocked - The Single core A8-Cortex Samsung CPU @ 1.2Ghz (Same CPU family as the iPad.....slow?) is plenty fast. The HP TouchPad needs to be overclocked because WebOS is a clunky OS....this is not the case with Android's Gingerbread....but you know this.
8. 16 or 32 GB storage - Closed storage. You will never have more than that. Ever. Next year, I'll insert my 2 million gigabyte MicroSD card into the slot on the A820 and laugh at your small files.
9. 1 GB RAM - It needs every bit of it, and is still slow out of the box. The A820 has 512MB and is a speed demon - untouched.
10. GPS functionality - Same as the A820, also utilizing the WiFi triangulation that the HP uses. Are we making a list of similar things or differences? :confused::confused:
11. Full Year WARRANTY by HP - Full year warranty by AiShuo. You pay return shipping though. $14 for a replacement or a repair.
12. BY THE WAY, all that for $99! Not even these Chinese tablet "deals" can beat that! - This Chinese deal offers more??
13. The HP Touchpad doesn't even have accelerated graphics, and it processes images at the hardware level in 16Bit color. Yes. You heard that right. The A820 features the Samsung SGL540 GPU with 2D/3D gaming and graphics support.

Ok. I added that last one on my own, but I figured since you were digging yourself a hole with the rest of the list, why not? :lol:

Samwise Gamgee 09-05-2011 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercurial (Post 42580398)
You don't just post "deals" . You try extremely hard to brainwash people into buying them and looks to me as if you advertise for those companies/websites.

I assume you're probably talking about Evo. Exactly!

Samwise Gamgee 09-05-2011 01:49 AM

Obviously you don't read? Who was comparing apples to oranges? I said Top Things about My HP TouchPad.

Unlike you, I didn't care to compare anything.

The reader can see my POSITIVE comments about the HP TouchPad, and THEY can decide for themselves, if they think this Chinese tablet is even worth it.

Once again ...

4. Micro-USB support
5. Front-facing camera
8. 16 or 32 GB storage
9. 1 GB RAM
10. GPS functionality

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo-IC (Post 42580418)
Is typing in Blue the key to getting people to read?
Maybe that was my issue all along!! Here we go!!

Let's go down your list of the $499 WebOS tablet that a major mfg. dropped completely and did a fire sale at $99 to take a $1 Billion write-off.....shall we?

1. Capacative TouchScreen - ok.
2. Large 9.7 inch (246.3mm) screen for easy, full-color viewing - Because the 8" screen on the A820 is in black & white?
3. WebOS ... Plenty good enough! - Opinion. Also, currently sporting about 2,000 apps. Compared to 350,000+ for Android.
4. Min-USB support - It's Micro-USB. And the A820 has a mini-USB as well as a Full-sized USB. Odd that you would point out shortcomings as features.
5. Front-facing camera - Same as the A820. Again, odd that you would point this out.
6. Wireless N ... meaning FAST wifi speeds! - I hate to sound like a broken record here....but......
7. Dual Core cpu, which can be overclocked - The Single core A8-Cortex Samsung CPU @ 1.2Ghz (Same CPU family as the iPad.....slow?) is plenty fast. The HP TouchPad needs to be overclocked because WebOS is a clunky OS....this is not the case with Android's Gingerbread....but you know this.
8. 16 or 32 GB storage - Closed storage. You will never have more than that. Ever. Next year, I'll insert my 2 million gigabyte MicroSD card into the slot on the A820 and laugh at your small files.
9. 1 GB RAM - It needs every bit of it, and is still slow out of the box. The A820 has 512MB and is a speed demon - untouched.
10. GPS functionality - Same as the A820, also utilizing the WiFi triangulation that the HP uses. Are we making a list of similar things or differences? :confused::confused:
11. Full Year WARRANTY by HP - Full year warranty by AiShuo. You pay return shipping though. $14 for a replacement or a repair.
12. BY THE WAY, all that for $99! Not even these Chinese tablet "deals" can beat that! - This Chinese deal offers more??
13. The HP Touchpad doesn't even have accelerated graphics, and it processes images at the hardware level in 16Bit color. Yes. You heard that right. The A820 features the Samsung SGL540 GPU with 2D/3D gaming and graphics support.

Ok. I added that last one on my own, but I figured since you were digging yourself a hole with the rest of the list, why not? :lol:

kris259 09-05-2011 01:53 AM

i love coming in here and getting a few laughs at the expense of those trying to BRAINWASH people into not buying them..... then it turns out their facts are wrong... theyve never had one in their hands... or they give it the old... this tablet sux bc its not a ONCE IN A LIFETIME FIRESTORM SALE TOUCHPAD @ 99 bucks..... as if that kind of sale is going to happen all the time....or is not the norm to base tablet prices on from this point forward.... if you believe that.. ive got some ocean front property in arizona...and if you'll buy that Ill throw the golden gate bridge in for free...

SmaShT 09-05-2011 01:58 AM

Lol now this guy is trying to tell us that some cheap Chinese tablet at retail "offers more" than a TouchPad $200 below COST. Somebody please ban this scammer already.

californialifer 09-05-2011 02:00 AM

I got in on the last deal i got two. They are ok for say email surfing the web but if you expect it to run like a ipad it wont. The only down side the build qulity is not that great. Back of the tablet is kind of cheap plastic just a light push on the back and pressure spot shows up on screen.

But like I said if your going to do email light web surfing they are ok. Like the other poster said if you want something better save your money look elsware.

TigOlBitties 09-05-2011 02:13 AM

If the touchpad fire sale didn't come about this would be a good deal. But it did and that makes this deal very crappy.

If you think Evo isn't working for Mcblub or receiving kickbacks your a tard. Its pretty obvious when more then half his deals are for this website plus he tries to talk up these tablets or force them down your throat. He gets so defensive about them when you criticize the product which is part of any deal posted on here.

I BOUGHT THE Aishuo A816 and ITS NOT AS GREAT AS HE MADE IT SOUND. ITS OK FOR THE MONEY BUT I WOULDNT BUY IT AGAIN!!!

TP changed the game at the moment and just from the thumbs down in this thread most people agree this is current post is hardly a deal. I would like to see someone else other then EVO post a tablet deal from Mcblub, I agree that he is starting to spam with his mcblub junk

MisterRunon 09-05-2011 02:15 AM

what's stranger is that he's now part of the SD staff.

Samwise Gamgee 09-05-2011 02:20 AM

I love coming in here and getting a few laughs myself, of the BRAINWASH occurring trying to get people into buying these Chinese tablets--even after the HP firesale.

I got my excellent, Full Year Warranty, Capacitive Touchscreen, 10" screen, HP TouchPad, for a low low price of $99, from a reputable seller and tablet company. (Note to Bealz: I got this during the firesale, not after).

Quote:

Originally Posted by kris259 (Post 42580572)
i love coming in here and getting a few laughs at the expense of those trying to BRAINWASH people into not buying them..... then it turns out their facts are wrong... theyve never had one in their hands... or they give it the old... this tablet sux bc its not a ONCE IN A LIFETIME FIRESTORM SALE TOUCHPAD @ 99 bucks..... as if that kind of sale is going to happen all the time....or is not the norm to base tablet prices on from this point forward.... if you believe that.. ive got some ocean front property in arizona...and if you'll buy that Ill throw the golden gate bridge in for free...

Samwise Gamgee 09-05-2011 02:25 AM

Obviously you must be lying and didn't really buy one because you are speaking badly about the product.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigOlBitties (Post 42580734)
If the touchpad fire sale didn't come about this would be a good deal. But it did and that makes this deal very crappy.

If you think Evo isn't working for Mcblub or receiving kickbacks your a tard. Its pretty obvious when more then half his deals are for this website plus he tries to talk up these tablets or force them down your throat. He gets so defensive about them when you criticize the product which is part of any deal posted on here.

I BOUGHT THE Aishuo A816 and ITS NOT AS GREAT AS HE MADE IT SOUND. ITS OK FOR THE MONEY BUT I WOULDNT BUY IT AGAIN!!!

TP changed the game at the moment and just from the thumbs down in this thread most people agree this is current post is hardly a deal. I would like to see someone else other then EVO post a tablet deal from Mcblub, I agree that he is starting to spam with his mcblub junk

Sam111111 09-05-2011 02:35 AM

It's resistive and from China: I think that says it all.
If you need a tablet, get the Playbook or Transformer as the closest things to this price range [or even a used iPad 1].
The Nook Color is also a whole $5 more on sale- $20 more at the moment.

TigOlBitties 09-05-2011 02:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samwise Gamgee (Post 42580862)
Obviously you must be lying and didn't really buy one because you are speaking badly about the product.

Attachment 664804
I would post a pic of my real balls to show your name tattooed on them but I don't want to get banned so I included a pic of how they look...

Bealz 09-05-2011 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samwise Gamgee (Post 42580818)
I love coming in here and getting a few laughs myself, of the BRAINWASH occurring trying to get people into buying these Chinese tablets--even after the HP firesale ... where I got my excellent, Full Year Warranty, Capacitive Touchscreen, 10" screen, HP TouchPad, for a low low price of $99, from a reputable seller and tablet company.

That has to be the most idiotic...

BUY ANOTHER ONE RIGHT NOW YOU GENIUS!

Kiev 09-05-2011 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigOlBitties (Post 42581250)
Attachment 664804
I would post a pic of my real balls to show your name tattooed on them but I don't want to get banned so I included a pic of how they look...

He was being sarcastic, but will rep you for making me laugh and taking the time to draw that :lol:

Samwise Gamgee 09-05-2011 03:19 AM

I'm not bashing your post. My comment was poking fun at the fact that when someone says something negative about a Chinese tablet, the response I sometimes see is that they must be a liar and didn't really buy one--even if they did.

Quote:

Attachment 664804

Quote:

Quote:

Evo-IC 09-05-2011 03:23 AM

I'm done trying to stop the bleeding for the evening.
The haters are out in full force and the HP Touchpad has ruined an otherwise decent mid-section of mid-tier Android devices.

The HP is not Android.
I own one and I'm showing it to you in the video below.

Decide for yourself.

Taken about 25 mins ago:

http://imageshack.us/clip/my-videos/833/2rp.mp4/

Samwise Gamgee 09-05-2011 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bealz (Post 42581344)
That has to be the most idiotic...

BUY ANOTHER ONE RIGHT NOW YOU GENIUS!

I edited my post just for you buddy. I got my HP TouchPad during the firesale, not after.

Samwise Gamgee 09-05-2011 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo-IC (Post 42581756)
The haters are out in full force and the HP Touchpad has ruined an otherwise decent mid-section of mid-tier Android devices.

The HP is not Android.

Decide for yourself.

Taken about 25 mins ago:

The HP TouchPad didn't ruin anything. It's these Chinese tablets you're hocking. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on you.

The HP is not Android, nor did it claim to be.

I love my excellent hardware specs HP TouchPad, that I got for $99! ... and hence don't need to see the video.

Bealz 09-05-2011 03:49 AM

This is one of the first China - Pad Deals Evo posted for us -for $68.
NOW AT GEEKS.COM for nearly twice the price!

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?...AB&cpc=APM

I expect this new deal from Evo to show up there in a couple of months too, at twice the price again!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samwise Gamgee (Post 42582024)
The HP TouchPad didn't ruin anything. It's these Chinese tablets you're hocking. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on you.

I love my excellent hardware specs HP TouchPad, that I got for $99! ... and hence don't need to see the video.

tjax123 09-05-2011 03:50 AM

Quote:

The HP is not Android.

Decide for yourself.

Taken about 25 mins ago:

with that review, i must say im rather impressed. seems like it's a real genuine product. now if this deal were to occur at the same time as the hp clearance, i would purchase this.

Docmar10s 09-05-2011 03:54 AM

I'm loving the tablet from the last buy. no issues with McBub. I can't figure out how to root it but other than that I am happy with the buy.

Thanks Evo!

TigOlBitties 09-05-2011 03:56 AM

Quote:

My bad... its too late for me to get sarcasim jokes...

Quote:

The HP is not Android.

Decide for yourself.

Taken about 25 mins ago:

I'm not a hater at all.

I drank the cool aid, followed the crowd and bought the Aishuo A816 tablet, like many others. You were promoting and praising this thing and I fell for it, I simply don't like it. Just because YOU say its a great tablet doesn't make it so. Just because it runs android doesn't make it a really good product either. I would take my HP Touchpad with WebOS and very limited apps over the junk from china that I bought any day of the week.

Why is it so hard for you to understand that not everyone thinks those McBlub tablets are worth the money? People want quality, that's why so many people buy Ipads even though they are extremely overpriced. A crappy screen with resistive touch tablet should be under $50 period! I don't care what its running and at what speed!

tjax123 09-05-2011 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samwise Gamgee (Post 42582024)

whats with the sour taste about tablets made in china? remember your hp touchpad is made in china and i bet over 90% of your electronics are made over there as well.

smartdeals 09-05-2011 04:03 AM

Quote:

Attachment 664804

put both your pad and drawing on ebay, im sure you'll get more than what you paid for.

TigOlBitties 09-05-2011 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjax123 (Post 42582160)
whats with the sour taste about tablets made in china? remember your hp touchpad is made in china and i bet over 90% of your electronics are made over there as well.

Of course 90% of electronics are made in China... Ipads are made in China and its a very good product.
We are referring to all the no name junk that comes from China which is usually very low quality.

alchi 09-05-2011 04:05 AM

Quote:

The HP is not Android.

Decide for yourself.

Taken about 25 mins ago:

Nice video. I noticed that on the A816 it was just regular Angry Birds and not Angry Birds HD. Can the A816 run hd apps?

kris259 09-05-2011 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by californialifer (Post 42580644)
I got in on the last deal i got two. They are ok for say email surfing the web but if you expect it to run like a ipad it wont. The only down side the build qulity is not that great. Back of the tablet is kind of cheap plastic just a light push on the back and pressure spot shows up on screen.

But like I said if your going to do email light web surfing they are ok. Like the other poster said if you want something better save your money look elsware.

personally I felt the A816 was built pretty nice.. black matte finish... not a big fingerprint magnet... felt solid....big batteries in there..... really wasnt a cheap feeling tablet at all...

the ripple effect can easily be fixed as shown in the wiki of that thread...having a case on it also takes care of the problem... and the ripple effect is only really to be seen maybe 5% of the time when you squeeze it too hard... its not a build quality problem... its a motherboard pressing up against the back of the screen issue... 10 min fix... or use a case or dont squeeze the life out of the tablet

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam111111 (Post 42581024)
It's resistive and from China: I think that says it all.
If you need a tablet, get the Playbook or Transformer as the closest things to this price range [or even a used iPad 1].
The Nook Color is also a whole $5 more on sale- $20 more at the moment.

nook color has no HDMI out, out of the box the nook isnt so good, transformer and playbook and ipad are all nearly double the price... ipad you are stuck with itunes and apple to give you permission on what you can and cant do with your expensive gadget..... playbook... well I dont even think its got very many apps and such.... TF is a 10 inch tablet....I could go on and on....

Quote:

The HP is not Android.

Decide for yourself.

Taken about 25 mins ago:

I think you should just spend 10 minutes per day making a video... get the wife to video it ;) (or find a deal on a tripod, for gods sakes this is slickdeals - just check selmas posts for a day or 2 LOL) so you can really show them comparisons on video of the touchpad playing movies vs the 816/rena3 or streaming or hdmi playing or whatever... the haters going to hate for sure... but if you show potential buyers what they are considering to buy... the videos will speak for you and no need to defend anymore...LOL... if a picture is worth 1000 words.. then a video has got to be worth at least 100,000... (and this is typed out on my android 7 inch tablet while the touchpad is still in the box over there on the coffee table - Im really hoping they port android over asap!!!!!! then Ill get some use out of it )

Samwise Gamgee 09-05-2011 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alchi (Post 42582252)
Nice video. I noticed that on the A816 it was just regular Angry Birds and not Angry Birds HD. Can the A816 run hd apps?

For comparison, my HP TouchPad that I got for $99 can run Angry Birds HD.

TigOlBitties 09-05-2011 04:17 AM

Quote:

The HP is not Android.

Decide for yourself.

Taken about 25 mins ago:

That video will fool a lot of people. Those screens don't compare at all, the Touchpad is on another level. Sure the Aishuo A816 has Netflix, but it doesn't mean squat because the screen is so bad you can barley watch anything on a 800*600 Resolution screen.

tjax123 09-05-2011 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigOlBitties (Post 42582232)
Of course 90% of electronics are made in China... Ipads are made in China and its a very good product.
We are referring to all the no name junk that comes from China which is usually very low quality.

the original poster's video review begs to differ on this particular model. chinese electronics are not always built on bad quality if you have proof of them...

Samwise Gamgee 09-05-2011 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kris259 (Post 42582428)
... (and this is typed out on my android 7 inch tablet while the touchpad is still in the box over there on the coffee table - Im really hoping they port android over asap!!!!!! then Ill get some use out of it )

I can do the same thing from my HP TouchPad, webOS, 10 inch tablet, that I got for $99.

alchi 09-05-2011 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samwise Gamgee (Post 42582444)

I have one of those too but that doesn't answer my question.

TigOlBitties 09-05-2011 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjax123 (Post 42582476)
the original poster's video review begs to differ on this particular model. chinese electronics are not always built on bad quality if you have proof of them...

What Proof? A stupid video that doesn't show the true quality of the screen?

A fast processor means squat if it has a crappy resistive touch screen with 800x600 resolution that has a stupid bubble effect when you touch it, has a jacked up G sensor and is built on cheap plastic. How is that not bad quality? I'm telling you this thing has flaws and isn't worth the cash.

I OWN THE PRODUCT AND I'M JUST TELLING PEOPLE I WOULD NEVER BUY IT AGAIN.

tjax123 09-05-2011 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigOlBitties (Post 42582612)

A fast processor means squat if it has a crappy resistive touch screen with 800x600 resolution that has a stupid bubble effect when you touch it, has a jacked up G sensor and is built on cheap plastic. How is that not bad quality? I'm telling you this thing has flaws and isn't worth the cash.

lol. i didnt mean to make you mad. And I wasn't trying to purchase this either. My only opinion is that this tab is pretty powerful w/ the speeds and the app it has. Not to mention it runs on Android. What I was suggesting in my previous post not only concerns this model in particular but also the chinese electronics in general (the ipads, touchpads...etc) that have proof of excellent quality.

LGCubana 09-05-2011 06:12 AM

Here's a morning conspiracy theory:

McBUB is hiding behind a proxy service, DomainsbyProxy
&
They registered their name in May and it expires in May of 2012

At least with BuyinCoins they registered directly with GoDaddy and signed on for 5 years

Buyincoins
Registrant:
Chandler, Arizona 85225
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: BUYINCOINS.COM
Created on: 09-May-09
Expires on: 09-May-14
Last Updated on: 10-Mar-10

Administrative Contact:
Chandler, Arizona 85225
United States

McBUB
Registrant:
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States

Domain Name: MCBUB.COM
Created on: 04-May-11
Expires on: 04-May-12

Last Updated on: 04-May-11

Administrative Contact:
Private, Registration MCBUB.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
United States
(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2598

Jmana 09-05-2011 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LGCubana (Post 42583432)

&

At least with BuyinCoins they registered directly with GoDaddy and signed on for 5 years

Buyincoins
Registrant:
Chandler, Arizona 85225
United States

Domain Name: BUYINCOINS.COM
Created on: 09-May-09
Expires on: 09-May-14
Last Updated on: 10-Mar-10

Administrative Contact:
Chandler, Arizona 85225
United States

McBUB
Registrant:
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
United States

Domain Name: MCBUB.COM
Created on: 04-May-11
Expires on: 04-May-12

Last Updated on: 04-May-11

Administrative Contact:
Private, Registration MCBUB.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
United States
(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2598

So??? Not sure what the conspiracy is?

kris259 09-05-2011 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigOlBitties (Post 42582460)
That video will fool a lot of people. Those screens don't compare at all, the Touchpad is on another level. Sure the Aishuo A816 has Netflix, but it doesn't mean squat because the screen is so bad you can barley watch anything on a 800*600 Resolution screen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigOlBitties (Post 42582612)

of course the screen on the touchpad is much better... nobody ever said different... but what a lot of us who bought and liked the 816 said was that the screen is acceptable and very decent for the price paid and for a resistive screen.... of course the resolution is different.. you are talking about an 8 inch vs a 10 inch tablet... many 7 inch tablets on the market are this resolution...as are many of the 10 inch tablets a higher resolution...

and the video cant LIE about how the screen looks... vs the touchpad... it looks very acceptable for video, games and so on... does it feel like IPS glass...no.... but again its the bang for the buck here...

glad you think the 816 has a fast processor....

cheap plastic... I disagree.... however I will agree that the G sensor was placed wrong and does screw u on the racing games... but for the rest it works as needed just fine... again here we are talking about BANG for the BUCK.... its acceptable for a lower price, and if you dont really care about racing games, to be ok with the G sensor off by a few degrees...

I BOUGHT 3 and sold them all at profits.. did a demo for each person...showing them HDMI out, video quality, game play, apps and so on...wifi....browsing... each person was very happy for the bang they got for their buck.... :bounce:

nobody is trying to convince anyone what to buy... we are all just posting experiences and reviews based on our own SUBJECTIVE views.... plain and simple... It is up to each person to make up their own mind on the videos and what people say about the tablets... you said the A816 sucks... I thought it was very decent for the price.....it has HUGE TUs in its own thread before the HP firestorm sale.... and this tablet is a step up from the 816.. yet it gets HUGE TD... based on the new order of things caused by the HP sale... its ok.. I accept it... but its only temporary...and there will be no more HP touchpads sold at 99/149.... so that deal is gone bye bye....
Quote:

Originally Posted by LGCubana (Post 42583432)

&

McBub used to be called sinadeal I think.... so they just changed their name recently.... I dont think there was any big deal with Mcbub...since everyone who ordered got their tablet within a week... I did have an issue with a refund bc they didnt ship my HDMI cables with my tablets... so I am still working that out.. but I believe Ive got it resolved finally... was a communication breakdown from english to chinese... go figure.. but their english is a million times better than my chinese...so Im not going to give them s hit about that.... "Helen" has decent english...LOL...:lol:

printerati 09-05-2011 06:56 AM

Quote:

your a tard.

Oh, the irony.

45root 09-05-2011 09:56 AM

Seems people get that this is a bad deal but for the wrong reasons. This is not a bad deal because of the hp firesale. Its bad because of 3 things: Hardware, quality control, and warranty/returns. Its resistive touchscreen. Its the cheapest screen. There are lots of pads with similar specs and prices being sold from american companies that you can return the product to if something is wrong. For a few bucks more you could get a better tablet with capacitive screen. As for the video, even this little $99 tablet [youtube.com] looks good in a video. :lol:
Also iirc not many people were able to get the hdmi output to work. There were lots of theories. Some blamed the cables or it didnt work with all tvs or "you just dont know what you are doing." There are lots of problems with the tablet. Just letting you guys know the bad as they have already told you the "good." :lol: brown paper bag between the screen and motherboard. classic!

Sam111111 09-05-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

nook color has no HDMI out, out of the box the nook isnt so good, transformer and playbook and ipad are all nearly double the price... ipad you are stuck with itunes and apple to give you permission on what you can and cant do with your expensive gadget..... playbook... well I dont even think its got very many apps and such.... TF is a 10 inch tablet....I could go on and on....

Well, then go get a galaxy tab wifi, you can get used ones for like $225 at the moment.
I got a 7 inch tablet from one of these startup manufacturers at the very beginning of the tablet madness thing, and sent it back to get repaired, and they "never received it". Out $130. And while I had it the screen was kind of iffy and the battery life was like 2 hours.
The playbook doesn't have very many apps, but it has things coming [theoretically]. I am waiting for a firesale.
At this point I feel like it's just better to wait. There's nothing in the market, really, that fits the perfect form factor except for the Nook Color, but it has its own configuration issues. [Then again: the one tablet I bought had its own issues. ...] And I don't understand the 8" size: at 7" a tablet's just large enough to slip into a jacket pocket. At 8" I'd think it would be slightly too large [though I have no experience with the form factor myself: but especially with that bezel].
General point: if you want to buy something, you may as well buy something -good enough-. Resistive screens are not the most fun. The idea of "Why wait when you can get this for cheaper!" is just throwing money down the drain, in a sense. Why buy cheaper if you want something more expensive?

I haven't TD'd the deal, though. It does seem to be good value for money: it just doesn't seem to be something that I can rationalize wanting. Trying to convince people that this is an acceptable replacement for the Asus Transformer/etc. is disingenuous: they're totally different products. (For what it's worth, I have a Nook Touch as my small tablet at the moment. ... Might just keep it and trade my iPad for whatever tablet firesales during Black Friday (firesale = $200 instead of $500 or so). It's fantastic, but you can't really compare it to this: they're two different products meant to do different things.)
I value screen above all else IRT tablets, though. ... So.

Evo-IC 09-05-2011 01:08 PM

Good morning. Questions answered one by one.......

Quote:

Originally Posted by alchi (Post 42582252)

Angry Birds HD was originally released for Apple only.
HP was able to get it for use on the TouchPad, and then they killed the product.
It is not on Google Android Market, but the differences are completely irrelevant, in my opinion.
The game play is the same, the levels are the same, and the graphics are the same.
The difference, obviously, comes from a sharper image in the game.
One of those things that people would never know they were missing if they didn't know if existed.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samwise Gamgee (Post 42582444)

........and only that version. :nod:
Quote:

I think you should just spend 10 minutes per day making a video... get the wife to video it ;) (or find a deal on a tripod, for gods sakes this is slickdeals - just check selmas posts for a day or 2 LOL) so you can really show them comparisons on video of the touchpad playing movies vs the 816/rena3 or streaming or hdmi playing or whatever... the haters going to hate for sure... but if you show potential buyers what they are considering to buy... the videos will speak for you and no need to defend anymore...LOL... if a picture is worth 1000 words.. then a video has got to be worth at least 100,000... (and this is typed out on my android 7 inch tablet while the touchpad is still in the box over there on the coffee table - Im really hoping they port android over asap!!!!!! then Ill get some use out of it )

Pretty good advice.
People can argue with a video all they want.
They can scream that the tablet is made by the devil and that a monkey that eats your children with rabies-laced teeth live inside the touchpanel.
And, then.....people can look at the video and see that the Debbie Downers making these claims are idiots.
Quote:

Originally Posted by printerati (Post 42583984)
Oh, the irony.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Quote:

Originally Posted by 45root (Post 42587986)
Seems people get that this is a bad deal but for the wrong reasons. This is not a bad deal because of the hp firesale. Its bad because of 3 things: Hardware, quality control, and warranty/returns.

I disagree, as you can imagine.
The hardware is great. Samsung CPU. Samsung GPU. Hynix Memory. Sandisk internal NAND Flash. Atheros WiFi chips.......if you are saying that the hardware listed there is poor quality, then you just also insulted the Apple iPad, the Motorola Xoom, and the Samsung Galaxy Tab.

Its resistive touchscreen. Its the cheapest screen. There are lots of pads with similar specs and prices being sold from american companies that you can return the product to if something is wrong. For a few bucks more you could get a better tablet with capacitive screen.
The Resistive touchscreen is the place where you give up something and also the reason that lets the price come in so low.
For, "a few dollars more" you cannot get a better tablet that also includes a Capacitive screen. :shake:
This is usually where people try to compare it to a Nook Color at around $175-$190.
And this is where I remind people that you get a Refurbished model that has no HDMI, a slower CPU, a lesser GPU, a smaller screen, has to be rooted and use a custom ROM to get the dead Bluetooth module to work using a hack, and you may have to pay tax and shipping charges, depending on where you live and where you buy from.
But, yes....it has a great screen - we all agree on this.

As for the video, even this little $99 tablet [youtube.com] looks good in a video. :lol:
Also iirc not many people were able to get the hdmi output to work. There were lots of theories. Some blamed the cables or it didnt work with all tvs or "you just dont know what you are doing." There are lots of problems with the tablet. Just letting you guys know the bad as they have already told you the "good." :lol: brown paper bag between the screen and motherboard. classic!
The video actually didn't look great to me, but obviously better than it probably came running the stock software. Craig is a garbage company that produces substandard quality products, but that's just my opinion - which is what you think of other Chinese Mfg's. We're allowed to disagree, it's human nature.
But, the internet pages load slowly, the graphics look washed out the second he tilts the screen, and the build quality of that Craig looks like plastic.
If you are arguing from a point of hardware and build components - tear that Craig apart.

As for the, "Fix" of the ripple that was added to the Wiki, I've seen you trumpet this enough times to warrant a response.....
IF you had been following the development and the Wiki's here and at Slatedroid as I have, you would know that he was one of the first people to be brave and crack one of the tablets open.
We found out later that it's a simple process and can be done over and over again if necessary or if you like to tinker.
While in there, he noticed that a section of the motherboard was very close to the double panels above it, and because that was all he had handy at the time, he decided to give a piece of thin cardboard / double-folded paper bag a try. He reported back with success, and it was added to the Wiki as a DIY.
No one says that you have to do it that way, and there are 100 ways to skin a cat.
I've never touched mine, as the "ripple" that people get so wound up about is:
1. Minor
2. Only visible when you push hard / try to bend the tablet holding each side. (???)
3. Fades away after 1/2 a second.
4. Is not permanent.
5. Shows just how impossibly anal people can be and why Apple is able to fleece them for $700 for an arguably comparable product in terms of what a user can do with it.

azneonguy 09-05-2011 01:29 PM

deleted

damask 09-05-2011 01:47 PM

And let me give some more advice:
If you think you buy this for kids because of cheap price, blah blah, then forget it. It WON'T survive. Save yourself and save the kids. To make this enjoyable, you need to take care of it, really care, not abusing it like the way kids do! The screen, oh mine, need to be well protected against kids because scratches will make it even worse. And what? Put a screen protector over a thick layer of plastic, yes, it's there, to make it even worse??? Woohoo, it gonna be fun to apply whatever kind of screen protector over plastic. But if you don't, and the kids gonna scratch it like hell to make it respond, then figure the appearance after 2 or 3 sessions :)
Also, be careful and over protected your kids now. I've heard those LiPo batteries are really fun to deal with if mis-treated.
Least but not last, save your kid eyes. Don't expect a good, bright, sharp screen, not to mention color correction.
So, if you plan to buy this for yourself and try to be a geek, it's good for you because you can use many functions. It gonna wow yourself and your friend, thinking "What??? It CAN do that too?". But, the mindset is "F..., I can't believe this cheap, low quality thing can do that too". Endless discoveries, but not painless fun and peace of mind. Be warned.