Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Free $50 Gift Card when you buy the Acer Iconia TAB 16GB tablet @ Bestbuy for $399.99 (http://slickdeals.net/f/3323832-free-50-gift-card-when-you-buy-the-acer-iconia-tab-16gb-tablet-bestbuy-for-399-99)

Navicura 09-17-2011 08:19 PM

Free $50 Gift Card when you buy the Acer Iconia TAB 16GB tablet @ Bestbuy for $399.99

1 Attachment(s)
Link [bestbuy.com]

Free $50 Gift Card when you buy the Acer Iconia TAB 16GB tablet

Rethink how you go mobile! The Acer Iconia A500 TAB delivers a revolutionary way to experience the Web, photos, HD videos, high-end games and e-books — with just one touch.

It features a gleaming 10.1" touch screen, an attention-grabbing metallic design, top-of-the-line technology fueled by the latest Android Honeycomb OS, and support for Google Apps to expand and customize its capabilities.

Order the 16GB model and get a $50 Best Buy® gift card for free!

Follow these steps:

Select the tablet below.
Click the Add to Cart button at the bottom of the page. The gift card will automatically be added to your cart.

Excludes Outlet Center items. Free gift card will ship separately.

MadPup 09-17-2011 08:25 PM

Go the extra $100 and get an iPad. Forget the $50 gift card. I am not an Apple fan, but the ipad is so much better and has a much higher resale value. Android has a ways to go.

rocco24 09-17-2011 08:30 PM

They used to give 100 Bucks when you buy the Acer tablet..def not so hot with the 50 gift card

psonntag 09-18-2011 05:12 AM

Sure, spend the extra 100, forego the 50 dollar gc and:

HDMI port
full size USB port
micro SD slot that's expandable up to 32gb of expandable memory
a screen that's. 4 inches larger a in widescreen format
the honeycomb os
the ability to just plug in your USB dongle into the full size USB port to use a mouse and keyboard
the ability to plug in a flash drive to the full size USB without needing a laptop

Yes, ye, spend that extra 100 to get so much less. Brilliant idea! It's clear you are not a true slickdealer and an apple fanboy. Apple's value add is weak by comparison and has me thinking that purchasers of thebipad are the same mindless lemming who thought buying new kids on the block or In sync albums was a good idea. Ha!

psonntag 09-18-2011 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocco24 (Post 43017854)
They used to give 100 Bucks when you buy the Acer tablet..def not so hot with the 50 gift card

Ah yes, another genius. Let's all talk of the ghost of deals past. If you're in the market now for this tablet where shall I need to go to get that 100 gc?I can't get it?What? Well then, maybe this is a decent deal after all.

It's def not hot but at least warm and worth a consideration.

mjacob75 09-18-2011 05:30 AM

This is an awesome tablet as I bought it last month at target with a $100 gift card free so this isn't much of a deal.

mjacob75 09-18-2011 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadPup (Post 43017776)
Go the extra $100 and get an iPad. Forget the $50 gift card. I am not an Apple fan, but the ipad is so much better and has a much higher resale value. Android has a ways to go.

oh yea! and at least my droid I can view flash. What does Ipad have anything to do with this thread? That would be like me saying finding a Laptop pc on sale yet you claim it is a rip off because it isn't a mac. Move on buddy and enjoy your Ipad as I will view cnn Flash news that you can't.

I personally would only buy a droid even if the Ipad were cheaper.

MadPup 09-18-2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjacob75 (Post 43024140)
oh yea! and at least my droid I can view flash. What does Ipad have anything to do with this thread? That would be like me saying finding a Laptop pc on sale yet you claim it is a rip off because it isn't a mac. Move on buddy and enjoy your Ipad as I will view cnn Flash news that you can't.

I personally would only buy a droid even if the Ipad were cheaper.

A few weeks ago I bought an Iconia 32GB from CostCo. I used it for a week and returned it. I then bought an iPad. I have friends who have followed a similar route with Android devices. The Iconia has better hardware, but the most important factor about a tablet is the software, and the most important factor there is the OS. Android has a ways to go to match/beat iOS.

As for Flash, I personally haven't been significantly impacted by the lack of it, and I can't point you to anyone I know who has. And as for CNN... there's an app for that.

alc6907 09-18-2011 03:00 PM

Target has this for 349.99 or 331.55 with Red Card. Definitely not a SD.

mfer 09-18-2011 05:09 PM

Well every time I say this I get shouted on, but these pads are so over priced it is crazy.
They are real good but about half of what an Ipad is. {I don't own anything apple}
These tablets have not matured. So a price of 150 to 175 would be VERY reasonable.

Ok now let me have it.

pitflyer 09-18-2011 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfer (Post 43035784)
Well every time I say this I get shouted on, but these pads are so over priced it is crazy.
They are real good but about half of what an Ipad is. {I don't own anything apple}
These tablets have not matured. So a price of 150 to 175 would be VERY reasonable.

Ok now let me have it.

Yes, you're wrong. I own both an iPad and an Android tablet. iPad is still better, but the tablets are pretty damn close these days. The reason why iPads are still generally better is that screen is ridiculously good, but Android tablets are getting better. App wise, they are pretty close with exclusives on both sides that can go either way.

This particular deal is not a hot deal however... list price with a small gift card isn't that great. It will get much better as we get closer to Black Friday.

xAnimal 09-18-2011 05:23 PM

Spend the extra $100 and get the Acer Iconia W500

It has:
-2 Usb 2.0 slots
-Hdmi port
-MicroSD slot for up to 64gbs
-Audio Port

UPGRADE it to Windows 8 Developer Preview and it runs SOOOO SMOOTHLY
All the complaints made by actual customers are fixed. Ipad doesn't even compare to the W500 with Win8

commonplace 09-19-2011 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alc6907 (Post 43033590)
Target has this for 349.99 or 331.55 with Red Card. Definitely not a SD.

Is that the in-store price? Online it shows $399, but if it's $349 in stores I might pick that up...

/Kevin

alc6907 09-19-2011 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by commonplace (Post 43049684)
Is that the in-store price? Online it shows $399, but if it's $349 in stores I might pick that up...

/Kevin

It didn't say sale price or temporary price cut on it. I took it as that was the retail price now.

commonplace 09-19-2011 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alc6907 (Post 43050422)
It didn't say sale price or temporary price cut on it. I took it as that was the retail price now.

Might swing by after work and check it out, then, thanks. I know prices are going to drop, but I'm impatient. Returning my defective ViewSonic G Tablet ($249) after work and might just get the Iconia instead.

/Kevin

alc6907 09-19-2011 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by commonplace (Post 43050516)
Might swing by after work and check it out, then, thanks. I know prices are going to drop, but I'm impatient. Returning my defective ViewSonic G Tablet ($249) after work and might just get the Iconia instead.

/Kevin

I'm also waiting to pick up a tablet. I know in a few months they will all be cheaper (minus the iPad 2 of course). I just sold my 1st gen iPad because it is just too slow. Now just waiting for a good deal on an Android one.

Rublik 09-19-2011 07:50 PM

Target stores have it for $349.99(online $399) with Red Card you can make it - $331
Quote:

Originally Posted by Navicura (Post 43017674)
Link [bestbuy.com]

Free $50 Gift Card when you buy the Acer Iconia TAB 16GB tablet

Rethink how you go mobile! The Acer Iconia A500 TAB delivers a revolutionary way to experience the Web, photos, HD videos, high-end games and e-books — with just one touch.

It features a gleaming 10.1" touch screen, an attention-grabbing metallic design, top-of-the-line technology fueled by the latest Android Honeycomb OS, and support for Google Apps to expand and customize its capabilities.

Order the 16GB model and get a $50 Best Buy® gift card for free!

Follow these steps:

Select the tablet below.
Click the Add to Cart button at the bottom of the page. The gift card will automatically be added to your cart.

Excludes Outlet Center items. Free gift card will ship separately.