Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   T-Mobile.com / Walmart: Prepaid $30/month - Unlim Text, 5GB Data*, 100 Voice Mins (New Activation Only) (http://slickdeals.net/f/3377172-t-mobile-com-walmart-prepaid-30-month-unlim-text-5gb-data-100-voice-mins-new-activation-only)

porkrinds 10-03-2011 06:39 AM

T-Mobile.com / Walmart: Prepaid $30/month - Unlim Text, 5GB Data*, 100 Voice Mins (New Activation Only)

OP is back! See WIKI for relevant information.

Short: NEW Activations only.
Buy sim card + activation kit/code (required).
Activate online at t-mobile.com, choose $30 plan. Done.

Any unlocked GSM phone will work. Maybe others, YMMV. NO SPRINT/VERIZON (unless they are unlocked and accept SIM cards... typically "world phones"). Also no Blackberry.

wikipost 10-03-2011 06:39 AM

Please read before you ask any questions.

3 Attachment(s)
http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/prepaid-plans

$30 per month—Unlimited web and text with 100 minutes talk
100 minutes talk | Unlimited text | First 5 GB at up to 4G speeds
This plan is only available for devices purchased from
Wal-Mart or devices activated on T-Mobile.com

T-Mobile Prepaid (micro, standard and nano) sims [t-mobile.com]
**THIS IS FOR NEW ACTIVATIONS ONLY** YMMV as existing customer.

This offer is only for NEW Customers.
If you are no longer tied to tmobile contract, To get around "new customer only" restriction, port your existing number to Google Voice $20 one time fees. Then get this new offer from t-mobile with new number. Then forward all calls from your Google Voice to your new t-mobile number. All these will be invisible to all your friends since they still call the old number, and you still get their calls on your mobile handset. This is seamless for making and receiving calls on Android. (For iPhone keep in mind this isn't fully seamless when making calls using the native phone app, texting, etc.)

To activate the new tmobile plan you can go to the following URL
Code:

http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/plans/ActivateCodes.aspx

When signing up online, specify that you need a new number. After you're done, call 877-789-3106 and tell them you want to transfer your number. The process will be much faster/smoother.

Running out of minutes?...
If you need more minutes you can use VOIP service
30 and 35MB per hour
use google voice via VOIP....

Everything you wanted to know but were afraid to ask about this plan: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1646755

(Tip... when Activating, a single invalid Activation Code / SIM serial / IMEI serial may display all three as invalid. Enter 15 "1"s as your IMEI to get around having a valid IMEI.)
Setup for Dummies guide for this plan:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1646755

Will my phone work with 4G/3G?

AT&T branded (bought from AT&T or has logo on phone):
Quote:

Maybe T-Mobile's 3G/4G network requires the 1700 band in many areas, which means only 2G / EDGE speeds will work. But some areas are starting to get 3G on the 1900 band: http://www.phonearena.com/news/T-Mobile-turns-on-3G-coverage-for-unlocked-Apple-iPhone-models-in-some-areas_id24870
Iphone/ipad:
Quote:

Maybe T-Mobile's 3G/4G network requires the 1700 band in many areas, which means only 2G / EDGE speeds will work. But some areas are starting to get 3G on the 1900 band: http://www.phonearena.com/news/T-Mobile-turns-on-3G-coverage-for-unlocked-Apple-iPhone-models-in-some-areas_id24870
Tmobile:
Quote:

Yes Use any handset with 4G in the name if you are unsure. 3G handsets can be purchased on tmobile.com/prepaid like the Optimus T.
Where to buy a 4G/3G supported phone?

Just a Tmobile SIM card:
Quote:

YMMV... the T-mobile store will give you a card and activation kit for free. Or just buy online, currently on sale for only $0.99.
Quote:

Buy any Tmobile prepaid phone at a retailer ~$20 and activate online. Buy a SIM card from Tmobile.com for $8.
Craigslist or ebay. Find a Tmobile branded 4G handset like the Samsung Galaxy S 4G or MyTouch 4G.

Look here to see at supported phones: Phone Arena [phonearena.com]

Rule of thumb: If it's not sold by T-Mobile, it most likely will NOT support the 1700 band. The 1700 band is pretty rare in the rest of the world, so most phones simply just don't support it. Rare exceptions are phones like the Nokia N8, which is a pentband phone, that support the 1700 band but is not officially sold by T-Mobile. Another rare exception is the Motorola Atrix HD, which was sold on the AT&T Network but supports the 1700 band, including LTE.

Best Phones for this plan: Please add more to the list!

High End (>$500):

Google Nexus 5 (high end phone from LG at mid range prices - $349 for 16gb, $399 for 32gb)
LG Nexus 4 [4G] [$299-$349 + shipping]
Galaxy Nexus [4G][regular price at Google Play Store for $349.99 +shipping]
Galaxy Note (ATT) [4G]
Galaxy S II [4G, HSDPA+ 42.2]
Galaxy S III [4G, HSDPA+ 42.2]
HTC Amaze [4G, HSDPA+ 42.2] Is pentaband. 4G on Tmobile, 3G/4G on AT&T
HTC One S [4G, HSDPA+ 42.2]
Nokia N9
Sony Xperia ZL [4G, HSDPA+42.2] supports LTE
Sony Xperia Z does not support LTE
Skyrocket (ATT) [4g]
(The skyrocket/note require a radio flash to work on t-mobile 4g but are pentaband also)

Mid Range ($200-$400):

Google Nexus 5 (high end phone from LG at mid range prices - $349 for 16gb, $399 for 32gb)
HTC T-mobile G2 [4G]
HTC HD2 [3G]
HTC myTouch 4G / Glacier [4G]
HTC myTouch 4G Slide [4G]
HTC Radar [4G]
HTC Sensation [4G]
Galaxy S [4G] (make sure you get model number T959V to get 4G speeds, there is a another S (T959) that is only 3G)
LG Nexus 4 [4G] [Up to 42 Mbps]
LG G2X [4G]
LG Optimus L9 [4G] $199 [t-mobile.com]
Nexus S [4G] [Up to 7.2 Mbps]
Nokia N8[3G]
Nokia Lumia 710[4G]

Low End (<$200):

Nexus One (used? hard to find?) [4G] [Up to 7.2Mbps]
Samsung Exhibit II [4G]

Super Low End (<$100):

LG Optimus T [3G only]

4G+ (bands) phones with 42 Mbps radios:
Samsung Galaxy S™ II [t-mobile.com]
HTC® Amaze™ 4G [t-mobile.com]
Samsung Galaxy S® Blaze™ 4G [engadget.com]
Samsung Galaxy S3

What is included in the plan?

VISUAL VOICE MAIL, CALL FORWARDING, AND YOUMAIL IS NOT AVAILABLE WITH T-MOBILE PREPAID. THERE IS NO WAY YOU CAN GET IT TO WORK!!!!!
Visual Voicemail now works through the official Android app, and only uses data, so a great way to save on minutes! Text transcriptions are still $3.99/month. https://play.google.com/store/app...tion&hl=en

You can get free text transcriptions from google if you hook up google's voicemail to your number. You can also get rid of tmobile's voicemail app if you do that.

Every month is $30 for:
  • 5GB of 4G data, then throttled to 2G
  • Unlimited texting
  • 100 minutes, then $0.10/min if you run out.
Free Mobile to Mobile? No
Free T-Mobile to T-Mobile? No
Free Nights? No
Free Weekends? No
Free Long Distance? Yes
Do remaining minutes rollover? No
Free Roaming? Yes, on voice and texts, no on data (regular T-Mobile plans roam on data, so data coverage will be poorer on this plan)
Will any GSM Phone work?See above.
Does any Applications work to make free and receive calls with out consuming minutes? Yes (out/in) Groove IP || Yes (outgoing) No (Incoming) Nettalk Duo --Android phones only, Vonage Mobile https://play.google.com/store/app...TimeToCall
Sprint or Verizon Phones? -- ONLY if Sprint/Verizon phone has GSM + CDMA (example: HTC Touch Pro2) && must be hacked/unlocked. Also only 2G Data
Blackberry Internet Service? ==> It works! By adding optional BIS at $10/mth. See attached picture.
Will only Tmobile's 4G phone have 4g internet speed? YES, only T-mobile USA uses AWS bands for 4G
transfer existing #?Yes
Will it work with iphone?Yes -> Only GSM iPhone (not Verizon) + Only if Unlocked (phone does NOT need to be jailbroken, but you will have to modify the APN settings)
Will this work with the new iPhone 4S? From my understanding, yes it will provided you get it unlocked. There APPEARS to be only one version of the iPhone 4S and it will be sold on all 3 carriers: ATT, Verizon, and Sprint
international text and roaming included?
Which phones for tethering? Any rootable android phone OR Galaxy Nexus directly from Google Play Store support it natively without modification
Does it skip 3g and go to 2G if 4G is not available????? No, T-Mobile 3G and 4G are the same essential technology.
Overage charge of 10 cents per minute after the first 100 minutes.
Will this work with mobile hotspots supporting the 1700mhz and 2100mhz bands?only if you can replace IMEI with a generic one (i.e. galaxy tab)

Affordable or cheap refill option(s): What data coverage can I expect?

Prepaid:
vs

Postpaid/Contract
Quote:

Click "Data coverage"
http://www.t-mobile.com/coverage/pcc.aspx
See attached pictures.

To check your minutes/data on the go

Use this web address from your mobile (doesn't works over wifi)

http://ma.web2go.com/myaccount/home.do
Code:

http://ma.web2go.com/myaccount/home.do

Restriction:
If your account does not contain sufficient fund for next month's payment, you have 60 days to add it or else Tmobile will convert it to "pay as you go" and you will not be able to get this plan back.

:heart::heart::heart:

Discounted + Tax free prepaid refills! Also use coupon ca3p-1207 for an extra 3% off (SEPT code)

http://www.callingmart.com/products/wireless/wirelesscards.aspx

:heart::heart::heart:
For those needing family plan, T-Mobile Value Plan:
http://slickdeals.net/f/4793292-t-mobile-Value-Plan-100-for-5-lines-2-unlimited-talk-text-data-2GB-at-4G-3-lines-500-minutes-each-via-add-a-line-0-value-5-classic-free-nights-weekends-to-other-t-mobile

Best deal on value plan. Corp, military discount can be applied. Free Nights & Weekends, and to other t-mobile
5 lines for $100: (2 unlimited talk/text/data with 2GB at 4G) + (3 lines unlimited text, 500 minutes each)
5 lines for $80: (5 lines sharing 1000 minutes, unlimited text, 2 lines with 2GB at 4G each)
5 lines for $130: (2 unlimited talk/text/data with 5GB at 4G) + (3 lines unlimited text, 500 minutes each)

SETUP YOUR GOOGLE VOICE w/SIPDROID FOR EASY FREE VOIP CALLING ON ICS/JB. THANKS TO microkelvin
Yes, you are right. It took me the whole night to figure it out. pbxes setup is very complicated. I dont want to get into it. Luckily that we just need to sign in once, setup the password for your username-200 extension and you are done.

Assume you are completely new to sipdroid/pbxes. First, install sipdroid app, create a brand new pbxes account with your google voice credentials. Then you are done. That very first step of 'creating a new pbxes account' will do all the dirty work for you. No need to do any further setup. Just write down your pbxes username (without -200) and password (which is your google voice password, generate a new application specific password if you use 2 factor authentication). Then you can safely remove sipdroid forever. No need to keep it or run it on the background anymore.

Next, go to pbxes.com website, sign in with your pbxes username (without -200), and the google voice account password. It sounds weird but it took me like an hour scratching my head to figure this out. Once you sign in, click on your personal info, go to extension setup, you will have your username-200 extension ready. Make sure to click on that username-200 extension and fill in your COMPLETELY NEW PASSWORD for that extension. Then apply/save. Done. This is a very important step that took me the whole night to figure out. I thought that username-200 should use your pbxes password by default, but no. It's not set until you manually enter a complete new password just for that. It sounds crazy but you must do this to get your pbxes account to work on any SIP app.

Thats it. Now you can load up your ICS Call/Internet call Settings (or any SIP app), fill in your username-200 (no pbxes.com), password (the crazy password that you just manually entered earlier, any other pbxes.com password or google voice password will not work), then the sip server is "pbxes.org". That's it. Leave everything else as default.

If you want to receive incoming call with your google voice account, make sure to tick that "Receive incoming calls". You can either set your phone to intercept your dial pad with either "Internet calling" or use it everytime.

Enjoy unlimited google voice calling/receiving without any 3rd party app running (if you use your ICS built in internet calling). Or you can use your favorite SIP app with those 3 credentials (username-200, password, server: pbxes.org).

Sorry, I forgot how (or if) I setup the ICS internet calling using 3g/4g as default. But as long as I select "internet calling" on my dialpad, it will use whatever faster speed (ie. Wifi if it's connected to wifi, 3g/4g if it's not connecting to wifi).

EDIT:

The title says "Walmart" in it, however this offer is for all "new customers" that activate a new line of service using a T-Mobile micro-sim card purchased from any retailer that sells this item. Purchased mine for $5.99 with an included $3.44 credit offer and activated the phone without a problem.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Micro...&cp=1&lp=9

This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.

Once a Thread Wiki is added to a thread, "Create Wiki" button will disappear. If you would like to learn more about Thread Wiki feature, click here.

PRINTABLECOUPON 10-03-2011 06:40 AM

that's a really good deal i'm in.

deshwasi 10-03-2011 06:42 AM

iphone 5 on this maybe? looks like VMo has some competition.

kpd1975 10-03-2011 06:44 AM

will the palm pixi i picked up on one of the many deals work on this phone...also does anyone know if i can use the palm pixi to tether my nook color????

I know off topic, but i have a palm pixi sitting at home doing nothing, and would think about this $30 per month for when i need to travel with my nook.

Thanks in advance!

pizzaslut 10-03-2011 06:44 AM

I'm not a big talker but 100 minutes is so low.

robinski_ 10-03-2011 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pizzaslut (Post 43493810)

can't you call via skype or some other app via 3g/4g if the data is free? :)

goodesi 10-03-2011 06:49 AM

As the DATA is unlimited, probably we can have a smart phone (Android or IPhone) and install some application (Vonage/MagicJack/NetTalk/Skype etc) to make unlimited calls....

REFERENCE: http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3368304

I am not sure how/if this is going to work.... Tech Guys please help us out.......a step by step guidance would be great....

bdlsmo 10-03-2011 06:49 AM

Can I use this on an unlocked phone?

SonofZeus 10-03-2011 06:56 AM

1) Android Market offers Groove IP app ($4.99) for unlimited VOIP over Wifi or GSM.

https://market.android.com/detail...rch_result

2) Your unlocked ATT device will definately work (with an APN tweak) on TMO 2G. Checkout howardforums for possible hacks to make it work on 3G/4G.

annoyedjohn 10-03-2011 07:02 AM

wonder if I'll be able to tether.

BuffaloBillius 10-03-2011 07:07 AM

Yea! Its about time

likeaw 10-03-2011 07:08 AM

My sprint contract expires on Oct 22nd. The timing could not be much better...a few days maybe...

SuperTroller 10-03-2011 07:08 AM

Can you use this with Verizon or Sprint phones?

blackflag486 10-03-2011 07:13 AM

This sounds like a great deal. I'll be watching intently for it!

NinjaKnight 10-03-2011 07:13 AM

Anyone know if free nights and weekends apply? Also is this nationwide (free roaming?) Thanks!

vsracing 10-03-2011 07:13 AM

no verizon sprint run CDMA tmobile runs GSM

porkrinds 10-03-2011 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaKnight (Post 43494658)
Anyone know if free nights and weekends apply? Also is this nationwide (free roaming?) Thanks!

Good questions. The press release wasn't very informative. I doubt either, but one can hope. Personally 100min voice is even too much for me (esp with VoIP offerings and such).

blackflag486 10-03-2011 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperTroller (Post 43494542)
Can you use this with Verizon or Sprint phones?

Negative..

foxgalaxy 10-03-2011 07:20 AM

Quote:

I used 11 min last month.

Infinitefx 10-03-2011 07:21 AM

Good Deal, I'm in. Thanks OP.

robinski_ 10-03-2011 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxgalaxy (Post 43494830)
I used 11 min last month.

some of us might have friends though

gumby8024 10-03-2011 07:28 AM

virgin mobile, unlimited data, 300mins. voice, $24.xx + no tacked on fees. TMobile, pleaseeeeeeeeee.

undercat 10-03-2011 07:29 AM

No tethering or usage as WiFi hotspot allowed.

bdlsmo 10-03-2011 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by medcee (Post 43494998)
virgin mobile, unlimited data, 300mins. voice, $24.xx + no tacked on fees. TMobile, pleaseeeeeeeeee.

Not for new users, it's $35.00 now

pizzaslut 10-03-2011 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robinski_ (Post 43494886)

:D

I doubt they are going to allow wifi calling because that would defeat the purpose of their overage charges on minutes which is how they'll make a good bit of money. I know with their current $30 prepaid plan your wifi calling counts against your minutes.

voodoomorph 10-03-2011 07:31 AM

Grrrrrrrrrr. I need this plan but with AT&T.

icreal 10-03-2011 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by undercat (Post 43495020)
No tethering or usage as WiFi hotspot allowed.

Where did you see this? Are you referring to the plan being discussed? I use the DayPass with T-mobile and connect my laptop to my phone for data.

Ualdayan 10-03-2011 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pizzaslut (Post 43495050)
:D

I doubt they are going to allow wifi calling because that would defeat the purpose of their overage charges on minutes which is how they'll make a good bit of money. I know with their current $30 prepaid plan your wifi calling counts against your minutes.

He wasn't talking about Tmobile's WiFi calling addon, he was talking about using a third party VOIP service.

check_mate 10-03-2011 07:36 AM

Quote:

It's actually up to $35/mo as of this summer. Alas, it is still quite a good deal, and I got on Virgin withing the past month. I used to have FamilyTalk through T-mobile, and this is much better.

If I had to describe my reception with my previous service with one word, it would definitely be shitty.

As for those of you suggesting buying apps for using VoIP apps, that is not necessary. I am using SipDroid, a free app which works quite well.

Here is a guide to using free VoIP over WiFi/3G/4G on Android: SipDroid Setup Guide [jesda.com].

I should point out that this was easy to setup, but if you manage to break it, it is a bit more challenging to restore functionality.

I hope this helps

jbloggs 10-03-2011 07:38 AM

This is great if it can be used with one of the free voip calling from GV/MagicJack with reasonably good call quality.

myamex 10-03-2011 07:38 AM

I am in, 100 minutes is enough for me. Everyone has email and whatsapp now.

SuperTroller 10-03-2011 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackflag486 (Post 43494780)
Negative..

I was being a douche ;)

porkrinds 10-03-2011 07:39 AM

Keep in mind, if this plan allows you to bring your own phone (pop in a SIM to any unlocked GSM phone) then it will be better (IMHO) than Virgin Mobile.

Also, Sprints (Virgin Mobile) data speeds aren't known to be fast (YMMV).

Both are great deals and both have their pros and cons. If you still have the $25 Virgin Mobile pricing then I would suggest staying with that unless coverage or phone selection isn't to your liking.

NYzGHeTToBoY 10-03-2011 07:41 AM

I always wanted a seperate device to use data on besides my iphone....I guess this will be a good time to switch from iphone to an android phone and buy another device just for emails/web browsing and so fourth to use with this plan.

blackflag486 10-03-2011 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperTroller (Post 43495226)
I was being a douche ;)

Affirmative.

SGHokie 10-03-2011 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porkrinds (Post 43495228)
Keep in mind, if this plan allows you to bring your own phone (pop in a SIM to any unlocked GSM phone) then it will be better (IMHO) than Virgin Mobile.

Both are great deals and both have their pros and cons. If you still have the $25 Virgin Mobile pricing then I would suggest staying with that unless coverage or phone selection isn't to your liking.

I have VM and the data for the most part really is useless. It is okay for email, but that is about it, at least where I am. Web browsing is awful. ATT was much better. Then again I am happy to not pay the $80+ per month for ATT.

freelance 10-03-2011 07:43 AM

For your consideration:

$35 a month for unlimited text, talk, roaming, long distance, web, etc, and no contract on Cricket. additional lines $30 a month. Never a surprise bill. I know Cricket is not as sexy as the other companies, but they also don't have hidden fees, disconnect your phone if you are late on your payment or charge activation fees. Best thing I did to get the teenagers connected and not have to be concerned with going over any limits on anything.

I needed a phone to get messages from docs/school/kids while out on the road and went with a prepaid phone. I have a land line for everything else with a flat fee of $15 a month.

sawduster 10-03-2011 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voodoomorph (Post 43495054)
Grrrrrrrrrr. I need this plan but with AT&T.

same here...with a year to go. Time to do some math, especially since my phone now seems to drop calls daily when it hops from 3G to Edge and back - while I'm standing still at my house. I'm not anti-big business at all, but AT&T is on my special list.

myamex 10-03-2011 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porkrinds (Post 43495228)

I don't know about Virgin, but Sprint's 4G is definitely much faster than Tmobile's fake 4G (3.5G)

loupgarou 10-03-2011 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myamex (Post 43495348)
I don't know about Virgin, but Sprint's 4G is definitely much faster than Tmobile's fake 4G (3.5G)

Sorry, no.
http://gizmodo.com/5829544/nation...os-fastest

Of course your speeds vary by your location (so you should go for the provider who offers the best bang for the buck in your home & travel areas), but T-Mobile's HSPA+ implementation is just as fast, and in most cases, faster, than Sprint's WiMAX implementation. Oh, and by the way, Sprint's WiMAX is just as "3.5G" as T-Mobile's HSPA+.

Now I just have to figure how to get out of my ~$70/mo T-Mo contract and into this. Great deal.

vogol 10-03-2011 07:53 AM

Quote:

i dont... will you be mine:(:(:(

eoffers 10-03-2011 07:54 AM

Quote:

I have this plan,....but planning to discontinue and jumpin to this deal as the data sped is MICH hiugher with TMO than VM and that is what matters to me alot (with GrooveIP...not concerned about minutes).

Ualdayan 10-03-2011 07:55 AM

Quote:

I think that varies with location. I have no idea how fast Tmobile is here, but Sprint's 4G was testing at 1-2Mbps here if I went outside (in doors there was no connection or it would think it was connected but data wouldn't really work) with a maximum of 6-8Mbps near a tower. I have Verizon now and it's LTE is giving me a good 6-7Mbps in the same exact spots the Sprint 4G couldn't establish any connection at all in, and when I'm near a tower it's a good 25-30Mbps.

Tmobile is a 42Mbps network here though, so I have to believe it is faster than my Sprint was, even if it gets nowhere near that.

fanCpants 10-03-2011 07:56 AM

I don't understand a lot of this phone lingo:O I have an old Blackberry Storm that we purchased through Verizon. Will that work with this plan?

r4l3x 10-03-2011 07:56 AM

If their coverage didn't suck that much....

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanCpants (Post 43495628)
I don't understand a lot of this phone lingo:O I have an old Blackberry Storm that we purchased through Verizon. Will that work with this plan?

No, you need a GSM phone to use it on T-Mobile network, right now you have a CDMA phone (totally different and incompatible technology).

oldbean 10-03-2011 07:58 AM

Quote:

Yea vm service on the data side and even texts sometimes come in 20 min. late. But the DATA I trying tethering with my laptop and oh boy I try to play chess online and the lag is ridiculously bad. I'm thinking of trying this out just to see if this crazy lag is VM's problem (and I think it is.) SO well worth $5 more if it actually works on the data side and I'll just do a voip phone.

-Beanz

Ualdayan 10-03-2011 07:59 AM

Quote:

No, different standards. You'd need a different phone, a GSM one.

robinski_ 10-03-2011 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vogol (Post 43495568)
i dont... will you be mine:(:(:(

no, i'm on a strict no-friends diet

Lionell 10-03-2011 08:01 AM

Quote:

:lol:

zmclive523 10-03-2011 08:02 AM

just about the right time.
thanks for turn down ATT.

myamex 10-03-2011 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loupgarou (Post 43495536)
Sorry, no.
http://gizmodo.com/5829544/nation...os-fastest

Of course your speeds vary by your location (so you should go for the provider who offers the best bang for the buck in your home & travel areas), but T-Mobile's HSPA+ implementation is just as fast, and in most cases, faster, than Sprint's WiMAX implementation. Oh, and by the way, Sprint's WiMAX is just as "3.5G" as T-Mobile's HSPA+.

Now I just have to figure how to get out of my ~$70/mo T-Mo contract and into this. Great deal.

I guess this has to do with location then.

I get 5000kbps down and 1500kbps up with my Nexus S 4G and my friend's Sensation 4G is getting 2500kbps up and 1500kbps down

Anyway, nothing is worse than AT&T. My wife's iphone is very dead 9-5 on Wall St.

DesertCoyote 10-03-2011 08:03 AM

I believe that T Mobile's data in USA is in the 1700 band in most places. Many phones that are not made for T Mobile that are GSM do not have 1700. Most international use 2100 band. So you really need to confirm with TMobile what bands their data is on and the speeds. I found that their tech support is not very well informed.

iiviip3 10-03-2011 08:03 AM

My family uses t-mo. If this provides free calls to t-mobile customers, I will have to seriously consider this offer.

ebonyks 10-03-2011 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deshwasi (Post 43493770)
iphone 5 on this maybe? looks like VMo has some competition.

If you want to pay 700 dollars for an iphone 5 and then run it on edge speeds, be my guest, but I don't think most people are going to consider this significant competition in most regards.

eleventhseed 10-03-2011 08:04 AM

If I can use any phone with this plan I will drop 25/mo VM in a heartbeat. (Assuming ATT merger won't have any impact on this plans future)

Neo42 10-03-2011 08:05 AM

Anyone know if t-mobile refill cards will work with this plan? I bought several months worth in advance when callingmart had the t-mobile refills for 10% off. Right now I am on the 5gb/unlimited plan but hardly use voice so this would be ideal for me.

kkiran 10-03-2011 08:09 AM

The only problem is that T-Mo's 4G handset selection is pretty scarce at the moment. T-Mo's 1700 bands were always a concern for a switch :(

deshwasi 10-03-2011 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebonyks (Post 43495812)
If you want to pay 700 dollars for an iphone 5 and then run it on edge speeds, be my guest, but I don't think most people are going to consider this significant competition in most regards.

well, then those *most* poor people can always consider iphone 4/3/2 etc ;) relevant point is if any unlocked smartphone can be used on this.

ebonyks 10-03-2011 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r4l3x (Post 43495650)
Quote from fanCpants :
I don't understand a lot of this phone lingo I have an old Blackberry Storm that we purchased through Verizon. Will that work with this plan?

No, you need a GSM phone to use it on T-Mobile network, right now you have a CDMA phone (totally different and incompatible technology).

The blackberry storms are world phones, so while they're configured for CDMA, they also have GSM attenas in them.

Go to horizon wireless and find an unlock code for your device, and it should be usable. You won't get 3g on your device, but it should work on t-mo with edge speeds if you unlock it.

bigbearballs 10-03-2011 08:13 AM

This plan just sh!t on Simple Mobiles $40 plan, even though you get unlimited calling with SM.

NCSU2008 10-03-2011 08:13 AM

I saw someone put VM in a negative light in an earlier post and I just want to say I too had a terrible experience with them. Slow speeds and bad reception. although that was probably due to the reported design flaw in the motorola triumph. iphone 3g was better.

myamex 10-03-2011 08:14 AM

Get the Samsung Galaxy S2 or an unlocked Nexus S. It will be much better than using iphone+edge on Tmobile.

ebonyks 10-03-2011 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deshwasi (Post 43496008)
well, then those *most* poor people can always consider iphone 4/3/2 etc ;) relevant point is if any unlocked smartphone can be used on this.

That's what i'd do personally, find a used iphone on craigslist, unlock it, and then run it on t-mo. Using the 3g/3gs is a bit easier as it doesn't require you to cut down the sim card into the microsim form factor, and I don't believe there are any reliable jailbreaks to the latest version of iOS anyways. Using an older model would be less of a process to configure.

dreamexecution 10-03-2011 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neo42 (Post 43495852)
Anyone know if t-mobile refill cards will work with this plan? I bought several months worth in advance when callingmart had the t-mobile refills for 10% off. Right now I am on the 5gb/unlimited plan but hardly use voice so this would be ideal for me.

no this is not a prepaid plan in terms of prepaid cards

sdaddy 10-03-2011 08:16 AM

Quote:

The BB Storm is a CDMA + GSM phone. It will work with T-Mobile, but the following has to be considered:
The phone has the following bands: Technology CDMA2000 1X / GSM / WCDMA (UMTS) Band WCDMA (UMTS) / GSM 850/900/1800/1900 / CDMA2000 1X 1900/800. Notice that the T-Mobile AWS band (1700) is missing. This means that the phone will work with T-Mobile, but will NOT give you 3G speeds and you'll be limited to 2G speeds (not very ideal). Also, it will only work if it's sim-unlocked, the code for which can be requested through Verizon Wireless or purchased online.

r4l3x 10-03-2011 08:16 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebonyks (Post 43496016)
The blackberry storms are world phones, so while they're configured for CDMA, they also have GSM attenas in them.

Go to horizon wireless and find an unlock code for your device, and it should be usable. You won't get 3g on your device, but it should work on t-mo with edge speeds if you unlock it.

You're totally right, I forgot that some of these Blackberries have GSM capability too, although it's important to note that it will work only on Edge (for the original non phone lingo question, it should be noticeable slower).

eoffers 10-03-2011 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neo42 (Post 43495852)

this is kind of doable...you need to be nice with CSR and request them to transfer the money/number.

45root 10-03-2011 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deshwasi (Post 43496008)

You say poor people, I say smart people. why would you want to pay $700 for a phone and only be able to use 2g? its like buying a sports car and only be able to go 45 mph. or better yet having a beautiful wife that sleeps in a separate bed. :lol: some people would do anything to look good. :lol:

wip328 10-03-2011 08:19 AM

I wonder if this deal will come with any phone?

kikusoccer 10-03-2011 08:21 AM

Blackberry Storm from Verizon is a world phone that accepts sim cards. So you will be able to use it on the tmobile network...only after you unlock it. there are some compatibility issues since you need to switch some intrinsic verizon components of the software to be able to access tmobile networks but they are easily solved by doing some quick internet search =)

Quote:

MultipleMan 10-03-2011 08:23 AM

Wow, I had all but given up on T-Mobile but this is fantastic. I'll be ditching my Virgin Mobile $25 Beyond Talk plan for this when it goes live.

fungo45 10-03-2011 08:23 AM

Might not be a bad idea, as long as T-Mobile will allow Voip calling. I'm currently on VM, and while I don't use a lot of minutes, I do typically use more than 100. I have GrooveIP, but never use it because VM's data coverage is so spotty. If I move over to this plan, it looks like I can create a new Google Voice number, and port my VM mobile number to Google Voice for $20. Then I can get the new T-Mobile plan and use GrooveIP going forward.

Anyone have experience using GrooveIP as their main phone line with T-mobile coverage?

escoe 10-03-2011 08:24 AM

where can I get a Samsung Galaxy S II that will work with tmobile 4g band? are they out yet, tmobile site says coming soon. Prefer to buy from a place with no sales tax.

iodi 10-03-2011 08:28 AM

I just got off the phone with TMobile and was told I could probably switch over to this because I'm already with TMobile. Except I'm paying $70 for 750 mins and NO text or web. She hasn't heard of this deal yet so she wasn't positive. My contract isn't up till 4/12 and I really need to lower my bill.

dzap 10-03-2011 08:28 AM

This is a ridiculously good deal. Puts my SERO premium plan to shame since I pay almost twice that after all the Bullshit fees they added. I don't get throttled after 5GB but then again I normally don't surpass that (don't call this unlimited folks. T-mobile's 2g network throttling is slower than dialup once you pass 5gb).

I also rarely pass 100 minutes.

My only concern would be coverage I guess. I'm going to take this on a trial run for a month when it launches.

saladdin 10-03-2011 08:28 AM

Quote:

Reception is good in basements?

Neo42 10-03-2011 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamexecution (Post 43496120)
no this is not a prepaid plan in terms of prepaid cards

I am not going to consider it impossible just yet as there is only one type of prepaid plan you can get from T-Mobile at the moment (Monthly4G) and it uses the refill cards. Perhaps credit is transferable if not.

myamex 10-03-2011 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 45root (Post 43496224)
You say poor people, I say smart people. why would you want to pay $700 for a phone and only be able to use 2g? its like buying a sports car and only be able to go 45 mph. or better yet having a beautiful wife that sleeps in a separate bed. :lol: some people would do anything to look good. :lol:

I see a lot of college kids in the my gym using an iphone with T Mobile. I asked them why and they said everyone is using one and iphone is great for games. I don't think they pay for any apps.

They simply don't know what they have been missing.

sevimli 10-03-2011 08:35 AM

How long it will be for $30????

jalaram 10-03-2011 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myamex (Post 43496504)
I see a lot of college kids in the my gym using an iphone with T Mobile. I asked them why and they said everyone is using one and iphone is great for games. I don't think they pay for any apps.

They simply don't know what they have been missing.

Or they have wifi in most of the places they're at? Or they don't actually surf on the road or at work? Lots of reasons. :)

mrlocalhost 10-03-2011 08:36 AM

Make sure your phone supports the 1700Mhz band if you want 3G on t-mobile!

And no, the current line of Apple iPhone 2g/3G/3GS/4 or iPad 1/2 3G do not support the 1700mhz band, but should still work on t-mobile's 2G/EDGE mode.

GSM bands supported on the iPhone/iPad:
Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE
(800 850 900 1800 1900 MHz)
Quad-band UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA
(800 850 900 1900 2100 MHz)

BinkyBill 10-03-2011 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loupgarou (Post 43495536)

In the same boat. Let me know if you figure it out!

robinski_ 10-03-2011 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saladdin (Post 43496486)
Reception is good in basements?

I don't know about that.. but let me call up my buddy Fritzl, he's an expert on reception in basements

loupgarou 10-03-2011 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myamex (Post 43495792)
I guess this has to do with location then.

I get 5000kbps down and 1500kbps up with my Nexus S 4G and my friend's Sensation 4G is getting 2500kbps up and 1500kbps down

Anyway, nothing is worse than AT&T. My wife's iphone is very dead 9-5 on Wall St.

Midtown Manhattan I find my MyTouch 4G's speeds on par or better than my coworker's Epic 4G. Haven't really needed to do a strict comparison, both are plenty fast. Meanwhile, our coworkers' AT&T iPhones don't even ring half the time they get phone calls. :lmao:

Tracid 10-03-2011 08:37 AM

So what's a good android phone to take advantage of the 4G? I have the Optimus V with VM and since their data is pretty spotty with GrooveIP might switch over to Tmobile.

qingdom 10-03-2011 08:38 AM

Now I'm curious how dreadfully slow it is to run on EDGE.

I'm thinking $30/mo for EDGE unlimited and using an iPad 1/2 for this reason.

Do they allow full unthrottled EDGE speeds or do they make it unbearable like as slow as 14.4k even when there's 5 bars of reception.

I don't need to talk much on the phone, but if an ipad can be hooked up, I can use skype/google voice/line2 from the ipad and call it a day.

Talk/Text/Web over EDGE on $30/mo... this would be a flash back to 2005, but with the ipad, it'll be a totally different experience on the road.

WiFi from the house, peoples' houses, or where-ever there is a hotspot. EDGE everywhere else.

Obviously no HD video watching over EDGE, but don't need HD... I just need a connection to load webpages and do some quick surfing. Especially to show proof to store people of SD deals direct from the website... on a big screen, but for cheap.

$25/mo for 200mb on 3G, i'd eat that in less than 15 minutes... $30/mo for unlimited on EDGE, that's tolerable until I come across a better solution.

Right now, I'm tethering a nokia n95 running joikuspot on a unlimited $10/mo data for non-smartphones on 3G through AT&T... It's cumbersome to do this because my n95 battery doesn't hold the same charge like it use to, but non-smartphones have a throttle on them by default, but still better than nothing.

kwaigonegin 10-03-2011 08:38 AM

I don't get why most people don;t go pass 100 minutes? I mean I don't have a lot of friends or families even I use about 200-300 minutes a month. That's only like 4 or 5 hours a month!
Is everyone here orphans living in Hermitville?
BTW I have an unlocked iphone 3 on T-Mo. Should I switch to this plac? and maybe use Skype? but what about incoming? I presume I can only use Skype outbound to save on minutes right?

adam22 10-03-2011 08:39 AM

Here's my take:

I have the 25 dollar Virgin Mobile plan. Texts/calls are always perfect. Data is usually OK (not blazing fast, but not dirt slow)...I still try to go wifi when possible though.

-I thought GrooveIP was hit or miss...is there any lag when talking? 100 minutes won't cut it for me, and I'm not overly interested in running two phone numbers.

Not to mention a new 4G Tmo phone is gonna be like 500 bucks...

raspino 10-03-2011 08:39 AM

I'm in on this one

Neo42 10-03-2011 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracid (Post 43496746)
So what's a good android phone to take advantage of the 4G? I have the Optimus V with VM and since their data is pretty spotty with GrooveIP might switch over to Tmobile.

I switched from an Optimus T to a Mytouch 4G and saw no difference in download speeds. The '4G' in my area seems to be the same speed as the '3G'. That being said, it's still way faster than Sprint's 3G was. I get anywhere from 1-3mbit/s down

Sactojim 10-03-2011 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dzap (Post 43496480)
This is a ridiculously good deal. Puts my SERO premium plan to shame since I pay almost twice that after all the Bullshit fees they added. I don't get throttled after 5GB but then again I normally don't surpass that (don't call this unlimited folks. T-mobile's 2g network throttling is slower than dialup once you pass 5gb).

I also rarely pass 100 minutes.

My only concern would be coverage I guess. I'm going to take this on a trial run for a month when it launches.

Huh? SERO kills this plan with 500 minutes, unlimited nights/weekends talk after 6pm, unlimited text, unlimited data, new phone every 2 years, and ability to add international calling to or from USA. All this for $30. plus taxes, and adds up to approximately $35.00 a month. And with SERO, you can run any Sprint phone.

I have T-Mo prepaid $50. plan with unlimited talk/text, and not sure what data allowance and T-Mo does not allow (as in blocks) apps like Quick Settings to allow phone to be used as a hot spot. This app worked perfectly on the Optimus V on VirginMobile, but have heard they blocked it with their latest release of the Optimus.

hmongsda 10-03-2011 08:41 AM

My $.02:

This is only a good deal if you are actually able to get Tmobile's 4G speeds (really 3.5G because its not true LTE speed). 100 minutes isn't much and if you are thinking about supplementing it with 3G calling, you are asking for more trouble. 3G calling is okay...but not good enough for any sort of business, important call. I'm currently on VMo's 25 plan and supplement my 300 mins with wifi calling using nettalk and 3G calling using skype-to-skype but the quality isn't all that great! Having said all that, its probably worth a try to see how well it works. Of course, all of this is only possible with Android phone!

khhoa 10-03-2011 08:47 AM

Free mobile to mobile calling if both are using T-Mobile?

mrlocalhost 10-03-2011 08:48 AM

I hope this will encourage the other networks to start offing data only plans in the $20-30 range!

myamex 10-03-2011 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracid (Post 43496746)

Google Nexus is light, fast and stable with great battery and xda support. I am waiting for Nexus Prime. You may also consider Galaxy S2. The Sensation 4G is not bad, but the battery life sucks.

Dozens 10-03-2011 08:59 AM

I hope the Nexus Prime isn't a Verizon timed exclusive.

T-Mobile NP on this plan = Win.

AkumaX 10-03-2011 09:03 AM

i updated the wiki to include:

Some Verizon/Sprint phones have GSM support. You can unlock them to use on AT&T/T-Mobile (2G data)
GSM iPhones will work, but has to be Unlocked + Jailbroken (again, 2G data)

Superorb 10-03-2011 09:04 AM

escoe 10-03-2011 09:10 AM

chong67 10-03-2011 09:12 AM

You can get free Wifi just about anywhere these days.

mcjazz1232 10-03-2011 09:14 AM

I just signed a two year contract with AT&T and I'm thinking of getting this plan just for the data and text. With AT&T charging me $25 for data and $20 for unlimited texts this is much better as its cheaper and I finally get unlimited data. I love my phones so having to use two won't be a problem.

iancole 10-03-2011 09:14 AM

Nice. Crunched numbers on last years' phone data and this will save me about $30 a month. Think I'll re-sign with AT&T in Nov, sell one of my iPhones to pay the ETF, and move on over.

michi098 10-03-2011 09:22 AM

I am currently running two phones. Sprint with whom I have been for 12+ years, but am ready to give up and a VM Optimus V. With Sprint I have a HTC TP II which is awful and I'm not allowed to get a newer phone without leaving my grandfathered plan which runs around $36 a month (next cheapest everything plan costs something like $80 once you add everything up). VM is working great for me, same reception as Sprint, about the same price although less minutes but I can send MMS's which I can't with my Sprint plan. I do need a few minutes, I still talk to people on occasion and also every now and then you have to call some company for whatever reason which puts you on hold for 30 minutes. I'm pretty happy with VM, just wish they had some better phones. Haven't really noticed any late text messages or ridiculously slow data. The Walmart deal is tempting because of the phone options I would have. I'm guessing I could get around the 100 minutes somehow with a VOIP app or something. Nice to have so many choices now. I would also think that the big companies must see a lot of customers leaving them for these kind of deals. Maybe we will see some cheaper plans at the majors in the future...

CivilCritic 10-03-2011 09:23 AM

I don't think T-Mobile is going anywhere with At&t, now their with Wal-Mart. That is probably the best thing they did, since Wal-Mart is international known and since everyone is trying to meet ends, things just got better. Good for them.

GeorgeMcFly 10-03-2011 09:24 AM

I'm currently in a t-mobile contract.. Being in Arizona, I'm not that impressed with their 4G network at all. At home, I get 4g less than 10% of the time. I have to be outside to even possibly get a 4g signal. Of course, my solution is to just go off my home's wifi/ISP.

Same with my work. 4g connectivity is very spotty. And it never drops to 3g, if always drops back down to 2g... which is pretty horrible.

So, I dropped from $30 unlimited data to $10 limited data. I pretty much just piggy back off of wifi networks which is sad.

My friend using verizon ran speed test "inside" my house and got 18mbps down and about 8mbps up... blew me away.

"When" my t-mobile gets a connection. I might be able to hit 3mbps or possibly 4mbps.

Ualdayan 10-03-2011 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sactojim (Post 43496860)
Huh? SERO kills this plan with 500 minutes, unlimited nights/weekends talk after 6pm, unlimited text, unlimited data, new phone every 2 years, and ability to add international calling to or from USA. All this for $30. plus taxes, and adds up to approximately $35.00 a month. And with SERO, you can run any Sprint phone.

I have T-Mo prepaid $50. plan with unlimited talk/text, and not sure what data allowance and T-Mo does not allow (as in blocks) apps like Quick Settings to allow phone to be used as a hot spot. This app worked perfectly on the Optimus V on VirginMobile, but have heard they blocked it with their latest release of the Optimus.

Actually, it's $30 base price + $20 in extra fees to use a modern phone, so $50 for somebody on the old SERO plan to use current Sprint phones (otherwise you're limited to phones older than the Palm Pre - old Windows Mobile phones). Then you add taxs, nontax but meant to look like taxes, and things like 'administrative charge' and end up paying about $60 a month.

Gotaka4 10-03-2011 09:25 AM

Will HTC evo 4G work with this if I unlock it?

GIRay 10-03-2011 09:28 AM

Vigin Mobile Prepaid Plan is cheaper and has more airtime.

Vivix729 10-03-2011 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotaka4 (Post 43498202)
Will HTC evo 4G work with this if I unlock it?

No. That's a CDMA phone.

Pobone 10-03-2011 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldbean (Post 43495688)
Yea vm service on the data side and even texts sometimes come in 20 min. late. But the DATA I trying tethering with my laptop and oh boy I try to play chess online and the lag is ridiculously bad. I'm thinking of trying this out just to see if this crazy lag is VM's problem (and I think it is.) SO well worth $5 more if it actually works on the data side and I'll just do a voip phone.

-Beanz

Virgin Mobile has the worst (non-existing) customer support and terrible Data. Was on using VM Mifi, pre-paid 1month and couldn't use at all as the data plan refuse to connect and respond. And slow if does conenct. On hold for hours just to get the run-around and nothing gets resolved. VM is so bad.

Can't wait to try this T-Mobile deal. Even at EDGE (if band not match) still better then nothing connect that is VM.

godey 10-03-2011 09:38 AM

Quote:

Hey I just checked virgin mobile and the plan you are seems to be $35 could you provide a link

oldbean 10-03-2011 09:38 AM

Quote:

Vigin Mobile Prepaid Plan is cheaper and has more airtime.
but its horrible service , bad customer service, and bad data. :P

45root 10-03-2011 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chong67 (Post 43497828)
where I live, I can get free Wifi just about anywhere these days.

FTFY :shake:

oldbean 10-03-2011 09:39 AM

Quote:

Hey I just checked virgin mobile and the plan you are seems to be $35 could you provide a link
they raised it. it used to be $25 month. If you are grandfathered in like me its $25. -Bean

DeadCheap 10-03-2011 09:40 AM

Samsung Galaxy S™ II will probably be $600 retail........that is expensive!!!!!!!

xur17 10-03-2011 09:45 AM

This is a really good deal if the cap is 5gb.

Anyone that is interested in this - consider buying a used Android phone off of ebay to save some money, and use groove ip whenever on wifi to save on minutes. I have a 200 minute plan with unlimited data from a local carrier for a little bit less than this, and I use groove ip when on wifi - I haven't had any problems with minutes yet.

These prepaid plans without subsidized phones are a pretty good deal if you are willing to front the money for the phone upfront (if you do the math on the overall plan, you will save a decent amount of money, and you don't have to have a contract).

gumby8024 10-03-2011 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by check_mate (Post 43495156)
It's actually up to $35/mo as of this summer. Alas, it is still quite a good deal, and I got on Virgin withing the past month. I used to have FamilyTalk through T-mobile, and this is much better.

Yea, I heard it went up for new customers which sucks. I didn't know by how much. I got in on the deal earlier this year. It's $25/mo for those who got in early and buying the prepaid card from callingmart drops it to $24.xx/mo for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdlsmo (Post 43495026)
Not for new users, it's $35.00 now

That sucks. Sorry guys. If the TMobile deal is prepaid, then it's fine. Would suck under contract though. Since after misc. fees, I got $10+ tacked on my bill which is why I switched.

HeroTakesAFall 10-03-2011 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldbean (Post 43498568)
but its horrible service , bad customer service, and bad data. :P

Agreed. I'm grandfathered into Virgin Mobile at $25 a month, but when that goes away, I'll hop right on this. I had T-Mobile and went to Virgin Mobile for the cheap data. I'm in Chicago. I'm very happy with my phone/plan for the price, but there's no comparison when it comes to the service. T-Mobile's is so much better than Sprint's in my area.

Plus, I bet it won't take 4 calls to Straight Talk's customer service to get your phone activated like it did for me on Virgin Mobile. Thanks for forcing me to pick a pin number and then locking me out of my account because YOU entered it wrong, customer service rep. <_<

droidee 10-03-2011 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icreal (Post 43495112)
Where did you see this? Are you referring to the plan being discussed? I use the DayPass with T-mobile and connect my laptop to my phone for data.

Do you get 4G (HSPA) speeds or edge? And, how much does it cost?

TofuVic 10-03-2011 09:57 AM

If I'm in a family plan and want to leave just to do this, will I lose my number? Thanks.

DeadCheap 10-03-2011 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TofuVic (Post 43499070)
If I'm in a family plan and want to leave just to do this, will I lose my number? Thanks.

NO just port your number over. They will cancel that line and you are good to go.

black06c230 10-03-2011 10:00 AM

Could this be used with a GSM tablet just for the internet connection when wifi is not an option?

RcketScientist 10-03-2011 10:01 AM

Quote:

Where it exists perhaps, which is still almost nowhere and spotty where it is. My Evo was a complete waste and I couldn't get reliable 4G in LA, DC, or Boston where I've spent a lot of time over the last year.

TofuVic 10-03-2011 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadCheap (Post 43499102)
NO just port your number over. They will cancel that line and you are good to go.

Thanks for the reply! I've given you reputation points.

This would be a great deal if mobile-to-mobile is free. No one has established that yet, right?

GGGG 10-03-2011 10:02 AM

Does Tmobile charge tax?
I have $25 VM and it's $27 here in CA.
If I use iPhone with Tmo it will be Edge, is that still faster than 3G on VM?
Thanks

RcketScientist 10-03-2011 10:03 AM

Does anyone have a link showing the actual plans available through Walmart. They look strikingly similar to the existing Monthly4G plans which DO NOT include data on the lower plans (30MB doesn't count).

DeadCheap 10-03-2011 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GGGG (Post 43499232)
Does Tmobile charge tax?
Thanks

Every company charges tax, as most of them have stores in California. There are ways around taxes, you can buy top up cards from callingmart, or just buy top up cards from any california retailers as we are not charged tax on the cards yet. If you use your CC on VM website they will charge you tax.

I'm guessing t-mo will charge you tax too.

porkrinds 10-03-2011 10:05 AM

@RcketScientist I think all we really have to go by right now is the official press release by T-Mobile, and a few tips from the tmonews.com guys.

sky03 10-03-2011 10:08 AM

this is a pretty good deal if true
i have no probs with tmobile in houston

DeadCheap 10-03-2011 10:09 AM

100 Minutes make me nervous.

joon82 10-03-2011 10:15 AM

I wonder how much tmobile will charge me for termination fee(22 months left!!!)
Paying $60 after tax and fee for 200MB
i'll take 5GB + VOIP for $30
I bet it comes to around $40 after tax and stupid fees.

jondaman 10-03-2011 10:24 AM

Quote:

It is, also no nights and weekends neither.
But it only $.10 a minute afterward, let's say you talk for 400 minutes that month, your total bill is still ONLY $60 dollar.
Right now my month bill is $40 (talk) + $30 (web) + $20 (text) on AT&T and I don't talk that much.

jondaman 10-03-2011 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joon82 (Post 43499582)
I wonder how much tmobile will charge me for termination fee(22 months left!!!)
Paying $60 after tax and fee for 200MB
i'll take 5GB + VOIP for $30
I bet it comes to around $40 after tax and stupid fees.

Can't you switch to the 49.99 / months for talk text and web?
I think that is only 59.99 per line if you don't have two lines.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadCheap (Post 43499434)
100 Minutes make me nervous.

.10 per minute afterward, not the normal .45/minute BS.

ofacto 10-03-2011 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by black06c230 (Post 43499170)
Could this be used with a GSM tablet just for the internet connection when wifi is not an option?

Probably, unless T-mobile is blocking certain devices from using this plan. This plan sounds perfect for tablets.

jondaman 10-03-2011 10:33 AM

Quick question, for these T-Mobile monthly plans, if they just stop offering it out of the blue, does your service ends and have to shop for new plans?
I know the plans on contracts they have to grandfather you otherwise you can get out of the contract without fees. What about these?
Thanks.

Amel 10-03-2011 10:36 AM

ive been on virgin for a while, but this is hands down the best deal

unlocked Galaxy S2 with 5GB data, I only use about 50 min a month

I'm fukin in

saladdin 10-03-2011 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwaigonegin (Post 43496772)
I don't get why most people don;t go pass 100 minutes? I mean I don't have a lot of friends or families even I use about 200-300 minutes a month. That's only like 4 or 5 hours a month!
Is everyone here orphans living in Hermitville?
BTW I have an unlocked iphone 3 on T-Mo. Should I switch to this plac? and maybe use Skype? but what about incoming? I presume I can only use Skype outbound to save on minutes right?

My friends and family do not equate phone calls with caring. Everyone has a life to lead. I have keys to my bestfriends house and cars. I know the PIN for his ATM card and where he keeps all his credit cards. I know where his house safe is and know the combination. Yet we don't call every day to talk about our feelings.

I have 2 siblings and each have named a kid after me yet we still do not call each other on birthdays ot exchange christmas gifts.

My girlfriend of 8 years and I may talk on the phone an hour a year.

I don't see how anyone could use up 100 minutes much less go over.

Just because you call them, doesn't mean they want to talk to you. And if your relationships are based on quantity of minutes talked you should get new friends.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amel (Post 43500328)
ive been on virgin for a while, but this is hands down the best deal

unlocked Galaxy S2 with 5GB data, I only use about 50 min a month

I'm fukin in

Long time to be a virgin.

maka86 10-03-2011 10:51 AM

So tethering will work?

travfar 10-03-2011 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saladdin (Post 43500820)
I don't see how anyone could use up 100 minutes much less go over.

I use about 15 mins on my SERO plan a month. That's why I'm thinking about getting rid of it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GGGG (Post 43499232)
Does Tmobile charge tax?
Thanks

What? VM doesn't charge tax. I have $25 VM and it's $22.50 for me in CA. You're getting ripped off.

DeadCheap 10-03-2011 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travfar (Post 43500882)
I use about 15 mins on my SERO plan a month. That's why I'm thinking about getting rid of it.

What? VM doesn't charge tax. I have $25 VM and it's $22.50 for me in CA. You're getting ripped off.

They do, if you put in your CC# for auto-payments.

travfar 10-03-2011 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadCheap (Post 43501024)
They do, if you put in your CC# for auto-payments.

Don't do that. Get top off cards.

DeadCheap 10-03-2011 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travfar (Post 43501114)

I suggested that.

This deal appeals to me because you can use all of the t-mo phones. Unlike VM, they have crappy selection of phones. Even the slated Optimus Black that is rumored to be release later, is a year old.

But damn 100 minutes will make me watch my call time and I hate doing that. :lmao:

travfar 10-03-2011 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadCheap (Post 43501244)
I suggested that.

I would also suggest that people stock up on them before the 10% BB coupon expires.

HavocXT 10-03-2011 11:02 AM

Quote:

vrigin mobile runs on old crappier spint network and 3g only.

Trongie 10-03-2011 11:03 AM

hope pageplus follows suit with a new plan

fueradeljuego 10-03-2011 11:03 AM

100 minutes is just too low. I never talk on the phone either, but what happens when you have to get on the horn with your doctor, or your credit company, or some other 800-number that puts you on hold, or you mother calls you and you have to spend at least 30 minutes on the phone with her because you feel guilty about never calling her, etc. etc. Grownups need to have a phone in order to make and receive calls once in a while. This plan is for adolescents.

Cannot see how this plan even comes close to page plus's 1200 minutes, 3000 texts, 100 megs data for $30

chong67 10-03-2011 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadCheap (Post 43498636)
Samsung Galaxy S™ II will probably be $600 retail........that is expensive!!!!!!!

HTC Sensation > G SII > Iphone5 In that order, get it?

DeadCheap 10-03-2011 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chong67 (Post 43501562)

How is it better? Spec wise the G SII beat it hands down.

Longevite 10-03-2011 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fueradeljuego (Post 43501326)
100 minutes is just too low. I never talk on the phone either, but what happens when you have to get on the horn with your doctor, or your credit company, or some other 800-number that puts you on hold, or you mother calls you and you have to spend at least 30 minutes on the phone with her because you feel guilty about never calling her, etc. etc. Grownups need to have a phone in order to make and receive calls once in a while. This plan is for adolescents.

Cannot see how this plan even comes close to page plus's 1200 minutes, 3000 texts, 100 megs data for $30

Get an Ooma land line and then u set.

waterchange 10-03-2011 11:18 AM

For those months where you do go over, extra minute are only 10 cents each. So even if you do go over 100 minutes a month every once in a while, you can still use this plan. If you end up using 300 voice minutes in a month, it's only an extra $20. It's not like you'll pay this extra every month if you really do never talk on the phone.

Compared to Page Plus (which I have with pay-as-you-go plan), whether you value unlimited data vs. more voice minutes (that you hardly ever use), there's no right/wrong answer. Adults may value unlimited data more and can afford extra voice minutes when they need it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fueradeljuego (Post 43501326)

dzap 10-03-2011 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sactojim (Post 43496860)

Do you even have a SERO plan then or are you just taking what you hear from word of mouth? Becuase I actually use mine.

First, it's night and weekends at 7pm. I never use this or pay attention to it so it's useless to me. I also have pick 3 which I also rarely use.

Second, a new phone every 2 years is with a contract of course...this is nothing special... Every carrier does this.

International calling? Um... Use an app? Who the hell pays for international calling at carrier rates this day and age when you have options like Skype and several other voip sevices. Also not even relevant... Every carrier does this.

Third, they let you use any phone IF YOU PAY MORE LIKE I AM DOING.

On SERO 30 the best smartphone you can get is probably the Touch Pro 2. No android, blackberries etc.

On SERO premium at an extra $10 you get to use their entire line up with the exception of any 4G devices. Any 4G device requires a $10 premium data fee.

I am using an evo 3d so that applies. After taxes I currently pay around $55 for my SERO plan. It's not as good of a deal as it used to be. I rarely use 4G since I only have coverage at work and not at home. Sprint has decided to also not expand their WiMax coverage due to their investment in lte as the future. So I'm pretty much paying an extra $10 for Dan Hesse to smile a bit more each month. And luckily I have 4G coverage there because a college is nearby that just destroys their 3g network to shit because the towers are overloaded. In fact I'm roaming on Verizon's 3g right now because sprint's is useless here. I'm going to turn on 4G in a couple minutes.

I don't know what they did in the past year or so but my 3g speeds have been abysmal. I wish they would kick every virgin mobile customer off or throttle them because I'm tired of paying for full service and getting a half assed experience due to the influx of new prepaid users. And then the freaking iphone is coming tomorrow which is going to be even more hell. The only reason I am bothering to stick with them anymore is because of truly unlimited data. When that goes, I go. Which is why I'm looking at alternatives now.

I'll be getting a tmobile 4G capable device when it comes out and trial it for a month and see if it's worthwhile because tmobile's coverage is non-existant at my house.

MommieMara 10-03-2011 11:36 AM

I wonder if the ATT thing is still happening and if so how that will affect this. I was hopiing to use the merge to get out of my dang contract.

DeathCab 10-03-2011 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MommieMara (Post 43502518)
I wonder if the ATT thing is still happening and if so how that will affect this. I was hopiing to use the merge to get out of my dang contract.

no guarantees, but speculation has been that the legislators are going to require AT&T keep existing T-Mo prices / plans in effect for existing customers (if/when) the merger takes place.

how that will relate to prepaid remains to be seen.

icreal 10-03-2011 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by droidee (Post 43498872)
Do you get 4G (HSPA) speeds or edge? And, how much does it cost?

Sorry I can not be more technical. I just did a speed test using:
http://www.dslreports.com/mspeed

It reports 756 kbit/sec when I used the t-mobile DayPass. This was done at my desk at home.
Edit: Just to clarify. The T-Mobile Website indicates the coverage in my area is 3G. (4G NOT available here)

At the same location with WiFi it reports 1264 kbit/ser using 1.5M DSL.

I'm using a Samsung Dart. The DayPass is $1.49 per 24 hours. I believe I recall it throttles down after 30 MB of usage. Hope that helps some.

AkumaX 10-03-2011 12:20 PM

This + Groove IP seems like an awesome deal. Anyone w/ experience w/ Groove IP?

lmennuti 10-03-2011 12:21 PM

Just to verify, Google Voice would work fine in this plan right? As it is now, wife and I are on family plan with shared like only 600min, unlimited data but no Text...For like $120/month after taxes.

As long as the Google Voice would still override the minutes, then I'm ALL OVER this deal !!

Khegobier 10-03-2011 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmennuti (Post 43504176)
Just to verify, Google Voice would work fine in this plan right? As it is now, wife and I are on family plan with shared like only 600min, unlimited data but no Text...For like $120/month after taxes.

As long as the Google Voice would still override the minutes, then I'm ALL OVER this deal !!

Uh... no. Google Voice never "overroad" plan minutes unless you're talking about using it with a VOIP app.

AkumaX 10-03-2011 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmennuti (Post 43504176)

If you've noticed, GV actually required a # to call to use. That's why having something like Groove IP is critical in this plan.

GGGG 10-03-2011 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travfar (Post 43501114)

So if I use top off from calling mart, i can avoid the tax?
Shoot I got riped off all this time.
Thanks

volatilepenguin 10-03-2011 12:46 PM

any thoughts on how this will play with the upcoming merger? It might be a while, but when AT&T starts tearing down tmo's network your tmo 4g phones won't get 3g speeds. Should I be worried about that?

Does anybody else find it interesting that tmo is rolling out a new prepaid plan with an imminent merger?

Otherwise great deal. With the exception of occasional hourlong calls, which I'll probably use groove for, most of my conversations are like "hey where are you. ok see you soon"

Also with daily normal usage is an everyday user likely to hit the 5gb ceiling?

travfar 10-03-2011 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GGGG (Post 43504806)
So if I use top off from calling mart, i can avoid the tax?
Shoot I got riped off all this time.
Thanks

There isn't tax on phone cards in CA. It's just considered money. I don't even know why VM charges it using a CC. Top off cards are 10% off with the coupon at BB until the end of Oct.

a0a_a0a 10-03-2011 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonofZeus (Post 43494168)
1) Android Market offers Groove IP app ($4.99) for unlimited VOIP over Wifi or GSM.

https://market.android.com/detail...rch_result

2) Your unlocked ATT device will definately work (with an APN tweak) on TMO 2G. Checkout howardforums for possible hacks to make it work on 3G/4G.

Please provide link for the ATT device hack to run on TMO 3G/4G. TIA

DeathCab 10-03-2011 01:15 PM

my biggest worry is not the merger -- it is that Google could potentially start charging for voice in 2012 (it was renewed as free until 2012, the year before it was renewed as free until 2011...)

hoping for the same again but there is always the chance. if GV stays free, this may be the plan to beat when combined w/ a VOIP app (GrooveIP) -- also useful for Viber and apps such as that if both parties have the app...

I am tempted to port my number to Google Voice (and just eat the $20 fee) so it is easier to play around with plans like these without moving my number all over or risking losing it at some point.

lmennuti 10-03-2011 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khegobier (Post 43504616)
Uh... no. Google Voice never "overroad" plan minutes unless you're talking about using it with a VOIP app.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkumaX (Post 43504716)
If you've noticed, GV actually required a # to call to use. That's why having something like Groove IP is critical in this plan.

Yes, when I first bought my Nexus One phone, I bought it unlocked and with a data plan only. With the intent of using VOIP and Google Voice. But I never really got that setup satisfactorily, so I opted for a minimum voice w/unlimited data plan so I'd have a *normal* cellular number and then be able to route all calls in/out through Google Voice.

So, as I have it now, all my incoming/outgoing phone calls go through Google Voice (to be clear, as configured in the Google Voice android app on my phone) and because of this I am using NONE of my allotted monthly minutes. This is what I'm talking about with "overriding" the plan minutes.

I don't see why I couldn't continue to do what I've already been doing with Google Voice, but I just wanted to verify.

green_key 10-03-2011 01:22 PM

t-mobile, tmobile $30 unlimited web & text, 5 gigabyte @4G free first 100 minutes talk & 10 cents additional min, start Oct 16 at walmart & tmobile.com; NO Contract

Available Oct 16, 2011 at walmart and tmobile.com
$30 per month and no annual contract, unlimited Web, with the first 5 GB at up to 4G speeds; unlimited text; and 100 minutes of talk, with 10 cents per minute after the first 100 minutes.

bdlsmo 10-03-2011 01:27 PM

Repsot

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3377172

kingfisher1111 10-03-2011 01:28 PM

repost

cavan 10-03-2011 01:28 PM

they trottle your speed after 5gb,you only get 100 minutesafter that its10 cents minute tmobile 4g is like att its only 3g

45root 10-03-2011 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmennuti (Post 43505918)
Yes, when I first bought my Nexus One phone, I bought it unlocked and with a data plan only. With the intent of using VOIP and Google Voice. But I never really got that setup satisfactorily, so I opted for a minimum voice w/unlimited data plan so I'd have a *normal* cellular number and then be able to route all calls in/out through Google Voice.

So, as I have it now, all my incoming/outgoing phone calls go through Google Voice (to be clear, as configured in the Google Voice android app on my phone) and because of this I am using NONE of my allotted monthly minutes. This is what I'm talking about with "overriding" the plan minutes.

I don't see why I couldn't continue to do what I've already been doing with Google Voice, but I just wanted to verify.

OK. I feel really stupid right now as should a lot of other people. You use google voice as voip through the google voice app? What version and what setings did you find to do this? There is nothing in my app that lets me use it as a voip option. Are you leaving something out?

Augus 10-03-2011 01:29 PM

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=481331&t=3377172

microkelvin 10-03-2011 01:30 PM

remote mate

eleventhseed 10-03-2011 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by volatilepenguin (Post 43504914)
Also with daily normal usage is an everyday user likely to hit the 5gb ceiling?

No. I consider myself a heavy user and I usually average just over 2gb unless i'm tethering in which case I go way over (torrents).

Blu- 10-03-2011 01:31 PM

Shit, I just bought an Inspire and it doesn't use the same 3g bands.

Is it $30 flat per month or are there any extra fees & taxes?

Khegobier 10-03-2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 45root (Post 43506380)
OK. I feel really stupid right now as should a lot of other people. You use google voice as voip through the google voice app? What version and what setings did you find to do this? There is nothing in my app that lets me use it as a voip option. Are you leaving something out?

Probably T-Mo myFaves, which are no longer offered. That's the ONLY way to do it without using GrooveIP or VOIP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkumaX (Post 43504130)
This + Groove IP seems like an awesome deal. Anyone w/ experience w/ Groove IP?

I just tried Groove IP and I couldn't hardly hear the person I was calling. I've been using Sipdroid and it's better.

kamakazii 10-03-2011 01:56 PM

This is an awesome deal for a tablet or a mifi type of device. Most tablet or mobile hotspot plan are more expensive and you get less.

ToadKilla 10-03-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

He might meet his friends in person ??

unlimitedx 10-03-2011 01:59 PM

some people are complaining about the low minutes..but that is the model of this plan. there is expectation that some users will use over 100 minutes, thus generating some revenue for the extra minutes.

Wyndhamscams 10-03-2011 01:59 PM

20 bucks more and u get unlimited everything from tmobile.(talk text and web prepaid) 100 Mins is to low at 10 cents a minute talk for 300 mins which isnt hard its gonna be the same price. Keep that in mind, that's how there making there money anyone who talks more then 3 mins a day should not buy this.

captsam 10-03-2011 02:02 PM

I think Virgin Mobile is still better (at least for those with the 25 dollar plan). Those with the $35 plan are still better off as you can freely tether your Android Phone without having to jailbreak the damn thing. Plus you get 300 minutes of talk instead of 100 minutes. Not that anyone talks anymore, but it's still nice to have a few more minutes to play with.

unlimitedx 10-03-2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captsam (Post 43507454)
I think Virgin Mobile is still better (at least for those with the 25 dollar plan). Those with the $35 plan are still better off as you can freely tether your Android Phone without having to jailbreak the damn thing. Plus you get 300 minutes of talk instead of 100 minutes. Not that anyone talks anymore, but it's still nice to have a few more minutes to play with.

Virgin mobile won't let you bring your own phone though, right?

bdlsmo 10-03-2011 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlimitedx (Post 43507524)
Virgin mobile won't let you bring your own phone though, right?

That is correct

fly 10-03-2011 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avatarx (Post 43506904)
I just tried Groove IP and I couldn't hardly hear the person I was calling. I've been using Sipdroid and it's better.

It just requires some tinkering. In the end, its much better than sipdroid and pbxes shit

microkelvin 10-03-2011 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captsam (Post 43507454)

Plus you get 3g speed unlimited. (she liked it)
Unlike this new tmobile whwere you get 4g speed on first 5gb then turtle 2g speed after that. (she didn't like it).

travfar 10-03-2011 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by microkelvin (Post 43507580)
Plus you get 3g speed unlimited. (she liked it)
Unlike this new tmobile whwere you get 4g speed on first 5gb then turtle 2g speed after that. (she didn't like it).

You don't get 3g unlimited on VM. It's capped as well and then you throttle. The cap is 2.5GB. So, if you are data heavy, this plan is better.

microkelvin 10-03-2011 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travfar (Post 43507648)
You don't get 3g unlimited on VM. It's capped as well and then you throttle. The cap is 2.5GB. So, if you are data heavy, this plan is better.

I dont know where you get that 2.5gb cap from. I've been on VM mobile online radio and google music every night (everage 400mb per listening) + other youtube clips for months and no cap. I am well on 3g speed now without any throttling.

luk350 10-03-2011 02:14 PM

thanks!

mandas989 10-03-2011 02:26 PM

Quote:

Hey Im right there with you lol :) I think the plan sounds good and I am looking to get a new phone but I dont know which will and wont work with this plan help anyone?? lol
:hug::hug:

travfar 10-03-2011 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by microkelvin (Post 43507770)
I dont know where you get that 2.5gb cap from. I've been on VM mobile online radio and google music every night (everage 400mb per listening) + other youtube clips for months and no cap. I am well on 3g speed now without any throttling.

From Virgin Mobile.

"Starting early 2012, if you use over 2.5GB of data in a month, your data speeds will be reduced to 256 kbps or below for the rest of your month. During this time, you may experience slower page loads and file downloads and lags in streaming media. Data speeds will return to normal as soon as your next plan month starts. If you'd rather not wait for your new month to start, you can restart your plan immediately through My Account."

http://www.virginmobileusa.com/ce...-plans.jsp

It was supposed to have started in October.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-...=cnetRiver

But at the last moment they changed the start date to 2012.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011...e-in-2012/

Regardless, Sprint/VM has always had an unpublished cap. Yes, even on SERO.

http://www.evdoforums.com/thread14588.html

So I got this from the fact that it's been well published and is common knowledge.

z123 10-03-2011 02:32 PM

what about international sms ?

Microtubule 10-03-2011 02:49 PM

Good deal, now I have a good excuse for people I don't feel like talking to at the moment. "Hey, I only have 24 minutes left this month, text me." I rarely use more than 100 per month ahah

maharadhi 10-03-2011 03:04 PM

T-Mobile FTW :)

myamex 10-03-2011 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chong67 (Post 43501562)

HTC sensation is not a good phone. Terrible battery life with locked bootrom. Sense is a resource hog.

caseyfriday 10-03-2011 03:15 PM

Time to call up T-Mobile and have them give me $30/month per line, "or else I'm going to VZW"!

porkrinds 10-03-2011 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myamex (Post 43509902)
HTC sensation is not a good phone. Terrible battery life with locked bootrom. Sense is a resource hog.

"Locked bootrom" has been unlocked for awhile now.... http://forum.xda-developers.com/s...?t=1192300 So I assume the battery life is better and if they have CM7 out there...

AkumaX 10-03-2011 03:26 PM

Quote:

Someone mentioned that you may have done a Fave Five. Is that the case?

baonguyen312 10-03-2011 04:04 PM

Someone know that is available with BIS or no? Please answer me...

Buckeyefan 1 10-03-2011 04:27 PM

TMo is only doing this since they lost so many customers to VM when the Optimus dropped in price to $129 and VM rates were about to go up. It was a brilliant marketing move on VM's part. People paid to get out of their contracts with other carriers to jump ship to VM. My wife and I included.