Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Deal Talk (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   New PS3 bundles from the factory (http://slickdeals.net/f/3425366-new-ps3-bundles-from-the-factory)

scream777 10-13-2011 05:23 PM

New PS3 bundles from the factory
 
5 Attachment(s)
My friend wanted to see some boxes. Just thought i would share a few of the new ps3 bundles boxes we make at the factory i work at.

One shows a ps move bundle with the new golden eye game, a move bundle with resistance 3 and killzone 3, a 160 gb ps3 bundes with ratchet and clank all for 1 and little big planet 2 special edition,one shows the uncharted 3 collectors box, and onw shows the uncharted 3 320 gb bundle

We run various other ps3 boxes just had these pics on my phone


IMAGES REMOVED DUE TO SCARY DMCA FROM SONY

wikipost 10-13-2011 05:23 PM

This post can and should be edited by users like you :)
 
Misspelling in one image is suspect, but images (including GPS coordinates) seem perfectly plausible.

Pedantyc 10-13-2011 05:34 PM

Goldeneye on PS3?! That alone would have been thread enough for me.

KTrain 10-13-2011 06:09 PM

Nice dude. Good stuff.

Artdog748 10-13-2011 06:12 PM

Nice, thanks for the heads up!

tresanus 10-13-2011 09:06 PM

Awemazing

fanatik 10-13-2011 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scream777 (Post 43816352)
Just thought i would share a few of the new ps3 bundles boxes we make at the factory i work at.

One shows a ps move bundle with the new golden eye game, a move bundle with resistance 3 and killzone 3, a 160 gb ps3 bundes with ratchet and clank all for 1 and little big planet 2 special edition,one shows the uncharted 3 collectors box, and onw shows the uncharted 3 320 gb bundle. I also put a pic of the specs sheet for the 160gb bundle that if you look says black friday at the end if it!

We run various other ps3 boxes just had these pics on my phone

Did CAG steal your pics without giving credit? Link [cheapassgamer.com]

Btw when you get back to work you might want to fix steroscopic into stereoscopic.

scream777 10-14-2011 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanatik (Post 43823794)
Did CAG steal your pics without giving credit? Link [cheapassgamer.com]

Btw when you get back to work you might want to fix steroscopic into stereoscopic.

yes they did steal my pix without credit! i couldnt reply because i just registered and it wont let me. Maybe you guys could set it stait with a post!
hah and sony did the design we had no control over that. They were told about it and didnt want to buy another batch of boxes from us so they said leave it : )

Jabbit 10-14-2011 04:19 AM

cool, thanks for sharing.

Curtieson 10-14-2011 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanatik (Post 43823794)
Btw when you get back to work you might want to fix steroscopic into stereoscopic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scream777 (Post 43825336)
hah and sony did the design we had no control over that. They were told about it and didnt want to buy another batch of boxes from us so they said leave it : )

HAHAHA! That is awesome!

Do you make the cardboard AND print on site? Would be a neat factory. You work in Minnesota then there, eh? That is really were all paper comes from, haha

godfather927 10-14-2011 06:21 AM

nice pics, im googling goldeneye reloaded as we speak... but couldnt you potentially get in trouble for this?

ashcampbell 10-14-2011 06:36 AM

Wow goldeneye...nothing like getting loading and playing goldeneye with your friends. I'm gona have to call my buddy and mention this. Any idea on the pricing?

Bareborn 10-14-2011 06:54 AM

Do we know if any of these correlate to a new PS3 design as well? That would be baller...need a blu ray(ps3) player for my bedroom....Hrmmmm

Curtieson 10-14-2011 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bareborn (Post 43828334)
Do we know if any of these correlate to a new PS3 design as well? That would be baller...need a blu ray(ps3) player for my bedroom....Hrmmmm

Pic #3 has a picture of the console on it. I can't tell if it is different...they all look the same to me...

They all look great!

Phrozt 10-14-2011 07:10 AM

Where the halo reach bundle at?

tresanus 10-14-2011 07:17 AM

Looks like goldeneye is slate to release for 360 too

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/1...588p1.html

SkeezaPleez 10-14-2011 07:19 AM

I like how on the Mayhem Edition they digitized the rest of the gun on the big picture. :lol:

scream777 10-14-2011 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curtieson (Post 43826566)
HAHAHA! That is awesome!

Do you make the cardboard AND print on site? Would be a neat factory. You work in Minnesota then there, eh? That is really were all paper comes from, haha

we have another factory close by that prints then they ship to us and we cut and glue the boxes. the cardboard is bought in giant rolls

momsbasement 10-14-2011 10:49 AM

Thanks, very cool to see these.

dblo7 10-14-2011 12:00 PM

the new goldeneye SUCKS. stay away from it! the multiplayer is a total let down; the main single-player game plays out more like a cheaper call of duty.



i'd give it a 4/10, seriously

godfather927 10-14-2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dblo7 (Post 43837840)
the new goldeneye SUCKS. stay away from it! the multiplayer is a total let down; the main single-player game plays out more like a cheaper call of duty.



i'd give it a 4/10, seriously

how have you played it already?

KTrain 10-14-2011 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkeezaPleez (Post 43829012)
I like how on the Mayhem Edition they digitized the rest of the gun on the big picture. :lol:

I think the extra part is to make it look like the killzone 3 gun but I'm not sure.

DiarrheaRobusto 10-14-2011 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by godfather927 (Post 43838778)
how have you played it already?

Its been out on Wii for a while, they just remade it in HD for 360/PS3. Either that or :pirate:

SkeezaPleez 10-14-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -KRATOS- (Post 43838952)
I think the extra part is to make it look like the killzone 3 gun but I'm not sure.

I figured. It just looks silly either way. :lol:

momsbasement 10-14-2011 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkeezaPleez (Post 43839378)
I figured. It just looks silly either way. :lol:

I was kinda thinking the same thing. :D

dblo7 10-14-2011 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by godfather927 (Post 43838778)
how have you played it already?

Wii, and it's the exact same game except for LQ graphics.

BayArea 10-14-2011 07:48 PM

Wow thanks for sharing!

scream777 10-15-2011 06:36 AM

Gaews

BayArea 10-15-2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scream777 (Post 43854986)
we just started to run a bundle with that everybody dance game a ps3 and the move i think. Will get a pic today : )

Keep the pics coming! :D

scream777 10-15-2011 04:18 PM

Lkjhg

scream777 10-16-2011 10:10 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Gtfrd

BaconNB 10-17-2011 11:06 AM

There any just Move specific bundles? I already have a PS3 but was thinking about picking up a move if they are super cheap for a set or something :)

Entropic01 10-17-2011 12:40 PM

Wow this thread made engadget news

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/1...-black-fr/

dvond 10-17-2011 01:22 PM

Only plus 11 for this post?
 
I think we can do better than that considering poor scream777 is probably going to get fired for this. :(

nealsred 10-17-2011 02:14 PM

Yeah I played goldeneye multiplayer at comic con and it was awful. The controls were so loose and you could unload entire clips into people and they wouldn't die. Too many good games coming out to waste my time playing that crappy game

Lanmanna 10-17-2011 02:18 PM

OP, you better be careful so you won't get fired. Is it cool working at that factory?

I'm guessing they will do one type of bundle for Target, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, and Amazon like last year?

ben_r_ 10-17-2011 03:03 PM

Very cool! While this isnt a deal at all, still a cool post.

wowotoe 10-17-2011 03:04 PM

I think some of the bundles already showed up on PS3 and Amazon websites. Not really the Black Friday only deals. I was deciding which one I should get last week from all these bundle deals, then I finally pre-ordered the Uncharted 3 bundle from Amazon for $299. Because I already have Xbox + Kinect (which is way better than PS3 Move and Little Big Planet makes my eyes dizzy :shake: )

RaytheonLiszt 10-17-2011 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvond (Post 43903758)
I think we can do better than that considering poor scream777 is probably going to get fired for this. :(

Yeah guys, don't forget reps too! :(

scream777 10-17-2011 03:04 PM

/fghy

mrlocalhost 10-17-2011 03:11 PM

reps to the op for posting, but i have a feeling someone is going to get fired/sued by sony...
http://maps.google.com/?q=36.3356...om=1&hl=en
should have at least turned off the gps tracking on the iPhone...

gentle 10-17-2011 03:11 PM

Any ideas on what the $165 in savings is? The two games don't cover it.

teesee150 10-17-2011 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrlocalhost (Post 43906882)
reps to the op for posting, but i have a feeling someone is going to get fired/sued by sony...
http://maps.google.com/?q=36.3356...om=1&hl=en
should have at least turned off the gps tracking on the iPhone...

Ha, arctic silver is the next building over. :cool:

orphicdragon 10-17-2011 03:19 PM

What moron burned the plates with such an obvious spelling error? Sony needs to find a better printer ASAP. They payed out the arse for both the plates and the designers that are too stupid to spell an integral part of the design. No doubt the cost of the reprint will be passed on to the consumer -.-


Be interesting to see if Sony makes buying this Xmas worth my while.

Good luck keeping your job OP. I hope you aren't working as a printer, cuz if you are you will be unemployed soon.

Edit: Ah Color Box. 'Nuff said.

sdNewby 10-17-2011 03:24 PM

pretty cool. thanks OP. I really hope you'll be okay...it's making news out there

Quote:

Originally Posted by scream777 (Post 43854986)
Gaews

Quote:

Originally Posted by scream777 (Post 43863416)
Lkjhg

Quote:

Originally Posted by scream777 (Post 43876448)
Gtfrd

Quote:

Originally Posted by scream777 (Post 43906714)
/fghy

by the way.. what's up with your posts.. either I'm really out of the forum lingo or you were typing while being kidnapped ;)

ZildjianKX 10-17-2011 03:25 PM

Yeah, the spelling error is pretty weird.

This is also the first confirmation I've seen of a special edition of Little Big Planet 2 with all the DLC included. I figured it would happen, since they did the same thing with the first game. Is there even a point of buying a game when it comes out, since they just re-release it a year later with all the DLC?

fattyfeet5 10-17-2011 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiarrheaRobusto (Post 43839014)
Its been out on Wii for a while, they just remade it in HD for 360/PS3. Either that or :pirate:

This is not just a HD remake of the same game. I've actually seen both games demo-ed, own the Wii version, and will be grabbing the PS3 one as well.

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/...60-ps3.htm

mrlocalhost 10-17-2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teesee150 (Post 43906992)
Ha, arctic silver is the next building over. :cool:

cool! According to street view, OP's factory is Pacific Southwest Container: http://www.teampsc.com
So the boxes are probably legit (even with those typos)

The_Linux_Crew 10-17-2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gentle (Post 43906886)
Any ideas on what the $165 in savings is? The two games don't cover it.

You can barely make it out on the box. This is what I can see:

Quote:

$165 savings is based on MSRP of LittleBigPlanet 2 Special Edition, Ratchet and Clank All4One, and PlayStation 3 System 160GB
So the PS3 must also be discounted.

bird_of_prey 10-17-2011 03:34 PM

Nice post OP! Good luck with the flak yyou might receive.

ZildjianKX 10-17-2011 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fattyfeet5 (Post 43907224)
This is not just a HD remake of the same game. I've actually seen both games demo-ed, own the Wii version, and will be grabbing the PS3 one as well.

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/...60-ps3.htm

I dunno, sounds like an HD remake of the same game...

Quote:

This new version rebuilds the Wii experience for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 with an all-new engine offering slick 60 framers-per second HD visu

Read more: GoldenEye 007: Reloaded Announced (Xbox 360, PS3) http://www.videogamesblogger.com/...z1b55YmFWP
Looks like the same campaign, added a some special missions, and now it has 16 player online play instead of 8 player.

The_Linux_Crew 10-17-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZildjianKX (Post 43907364)
I dunno, sounds like an HD remake of the same game...



Looks like the same campaign, added a some special missions, and now it has 16 player online play instead of 8 player.

It makes you wonder why anyone would buy a Wii these days. If it is for physically interactive experience, both Kinect and Move are superior and the price is not much more for a complete bundle with console.

oyouno 10-17-2011 03:48 PM

thx for the pics

Nice info on the new PS3 bundle.

Any other pics of new bundles coming for Black friday will be nice too.

StutterFace 10-17-2011 03:50 PM

Goldeneye for PS3 & Xbox has been known for a while now (pre-order on Newegg & Amzn), but thanks for posting since you may lose your job over the pics.

Play3rtwo 10-17-2011 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scream777 (Post 43816352)
My friend wanted to see some boxes. Just thought i would share a few of the new ps3 bundles boxes we make at the factory i work at.

One shows a ps move bundle with the new golden eye game, a move bundle with resistance 3 and killzone 3, a 160 gb ps3 bundes with ratchet and clank all for 1 and little big planet 2 special edition,one shows the uncharted 3 collectors box, and onw shows the uncharted 3 320 gb bundle

We run various other ps3 boxes just had these pics on my phone

Suddenly... Fired.

seriously though, that was awesome . thanks for sharing!

fdot17 10-17-2011 03:50 PM

niiiiceeeee.......

HardFive 10-17-2011 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdNewby (Post 43907168)
pretty cool. thanks OP. I really hope you'll be okay...it's making news out there






by the way.. what's up with your posts.. either I'm really out of the forum lingo or you were typing while being kidnapped ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BayArea (Post 43860674)
Keep the pics coming! :D

As all the posts except the last were edited, I think he decided to cover his tracks a little. Post 28 has a quote I don't see anywhere else, so it's likely one of the posts he edited into gargalygoop. Why only edit some though...:scratch:

stlcardinal9 10-17-2011 04:00 PM

PS3 sucks

BladeD 10-17-2011 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by godfather927 (Post 43827548)
nice pics, im googling goldeneye reloaded as we speak... but couldnt you potentially get in trouble for this?

That's what I was thinking.

psyctto 10-17-2011 04:16 PM

lemme know when they're on sale...
until then, not a deal.

good info, yes.
appreciated, yes.

but still not a hot deal.

MOkoFOko 10-17-2011 04:18 PM

I am invincible!!!

MNFRUGALSHOPPER 10-17-2011 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orphicdragon (Post 43907050)
What moron burned the plates with such an obvious spelling error? Sony needs to find a better printer ASAP. TheyPAYED out the arse for both the plates and the designers that are too stupid to spell an integral part of the design. No doubt the cost of the reprint will be passed on to the consumer -.-


Be interesting to see if Sony makes buying this Xmas worth my while.

Good luck keeping your job OP. I hope you aren't working as a printer, cuz if you are you will be unemployed soon.

Edit: Ah Color Box. 'Nuff said.


Uhmmm it is PAID............maybe shouldn't throw stones

wasssup 10-17-2011 04:21 PM

Interesting thread. Hope you do alright OP, but people take this type of stuff very seriously...

Good luck.

eleventhseed 10-17-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stlcardinal9 (Post 43907880)
PS3 sucks

I think I speak for the entire SD community when I say that we are all indebted to you for the time and effort it took you to craft such a brilliant and thoughtful post. Thank you.

STICKYBUMPS 10-17-2011 04:26 PM

By the way, it is a Goldeneye is a wii port, FAIL!

ZeroSyztem 10-17-2011 04:26 PM

dont you have an NDA?

moSom 10-17-2011 04:31 PM

Giant Enemy Crab must not know about this. Thanks for the pics but if you are putting yourself on the line by sharing it with us it's not worth it.

spike378 10-17-2011 04:36 PM

say goodbye to your job

cjl1209 10-17-2011 04:37 PM

this is so awesome, thank you so much for sharing with us!

RaytheonLiszt 10-17-2011 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdNewby (Post 43907168)
by the way.. what's up with your posts.. either I'm really out of the forum lingo or you were typing while being kidnapped ;)

I guess we're both not hip enough lol. I have no idea what the OP's saying either :lol:

andje 10-17-2011 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike378 (Post 43908634)
say goodbye to your job

Doubtful. Most of this stuff has been announced by Sony's team in presentations to different retailers.

CdnEng2 10-17-2011 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andje (Post 43908922)
Doubtful. Most of this stuff has been announced by Sony's team in presentations to different retailers.

It could also be a viral marketing ploy by Sony.

larsar4 10-17-2011 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eleventhseed (Post 43908380)
I think I speak for the entire SD community when I say that we are all indebted to you for the time and effort it took you to craft such a brilliant and thoughtful post. Thank you.

lol awesome

stlcardinal9 10-17-2011 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eleventhseed (Post 43908380)
I think I speak for the entire SD community when I say that we are all indebted to you for the time and effort it took you to craft such a brilliant and thoughtful post. Thank you.

Dont mention it thanks for the honor!

MasterPhoenix 10-17-2011 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eleventhseed (Post 43908380)
I think I speak for the entire SD community when I say that we are all indebted to you for the time and effort it took you to craft such a brilliant and thoughtful post. Thank you.

Thanks for the laugh :laugh:.

darknight88 10-17-2011 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike378 (Post 43908634)
say goodbye to your job

If you cant afford a PS3 by now I say quit using internet and browsing SD and work your lazy ass off here.

Peasants not need apply.

MediumPimpin 10-17-2011 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andje (Post 43908922)
Doubtful. Most of this stuff has been announced by Sony's team in presentations to different retailers.

Never underestimate the long arm of Sony lawyers

SlickJew 10-17-2011 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MediumPimpin (Post 43909266)
Never underestimate the long arm of Sony lawyers

in b4 OP gets fired...

https://news.google.com/news/more...CD4QqgIwAQ

New PS3 and PS Move bundles leaked by box manufacturer, Black Friday deal evidently in tow
http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/1...-black-fr/

Sony PS3 and PS Move Black Friday bundles leaked
http://www.slashgear.com/sony-ps3...-17188489/

this is spreading like wildfire

shadowkast 10-17-2011 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickJew (Post 43909382)
in b4 OP gets fired...

https://news.google.com/news/more...CD4QqgIwAQ

New PS3 and PS Move bundles leaked by box manufacturer, Black Friday deal evidently in tow
http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/1...-black-fr/

Sony PS3 and PS Move Black Friday bundles leaked
http://www.slashgear.com/sony-ps3...-17188489/

this is spreading like wildfire

hahaha, damn. They use your forum name and everything

orphicdragon 10-17-2011 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MNFRUGALSHOPPER (Post 43908332)
Uhmmm it is PAID............maybe shouldn't throw stones


Uh you see the signature? I can't always discern the differences. I have all sorts of neurological test to prove it. :P

Also: I no longer work as a press woman, and when I did I always double checked my negs before burning ANY plates.

Comparing printed material to a forum post...really? Me typing and hitting enter vs a designer that has to go through proofs, multiple people and approval before making a negative to burn to a plate...

It's sloppy and expensive and it would suck if the cost of that got passed on to the consumer. Which, it usually does.

kaufmanlol 10-17-2011 05:23 PM

I think Scream777 is a pretty cool guy. eh disregards NDAs and doesn’t afraid of anything…

aiman24 10-17-2011 05:27 PM

any idea of prices?

cheaper than what we have now?

pmarin 10-17-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MediumPimpin (Post 43909266)
Never underestimate the long arm of Sony lawyers

Yeah, I can feel it doing a body cavity search every time I have to update my PS3 software, which is pretty often, it seems.

poo 10-17-2011 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andje (Post 43908922)
Doubtful. Most of this stuff has been announced by Sony's team in presentations to different retailers.

When you take a picture inside the factory with it clearly in the background, you are getting fired. Doesn't take long to find the OP.

pablodiner 10-17-2011 05:33 PM

thanks for the info OP but i feel bad for you man should have done an anonymous account uploaded from a phone booth, that always seems to work in the movies

RndM 10-17-2011 05:34 PM

Looks like this is going to be the Holiday Bundles for the year... I'd say we'll see these out and about in about 30 days or so, in time for BF
... I'd recommend removing all personal details associated with your account, Sony might be hell'a pissed with the leak.

aznhero913 10-17-2011 05:35 PM

Thanks for sharing OP!

w4ffles 10-17-2011 05:35 PM

If these are priced like the holiday bundles of previous years, I'll pick up a PS3 bundle. I've been thinking about getting a PS3. The free games will only sweeten the deal.

disappearingact123 10-17-2011 05:36 PM

I'll rep you OP but only because it is the least I can do before you get fired.

R42 10-17-2011 05:40 PM

Quote:

surfaced over at Slickdeals, courtesy of Scream777, who claims to work at a package production facility that makes 'em.
start looking for a job OP

RndM 10-17-2011 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scream777 (Post 43816352)
We run various other ps3 boxes just had these pics on my phone


after reviewing some posts -- it seems OP made the terrible mistake of not uploading the pics to imgur or similar image-host -- as the uploaded pics apparently are geo-tagged. :facepalm2:

OP remove the exgif data in the pic.

ahw 10-17-2011 05:46 PM

Er, maybe this thread should be deleted for the good of OP . . . hopefully it's not too late . . .

jjrich 10-17-2011 05:49 PM

Thanks for sharing OP! :)

BroManChild 10-17-2011 05:51 PM

Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun

andje 10-17-2011 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poo (Post 43909856)
When you take a picture inside the factory with it clearly in the background, you are getting fired. Doesn't take long to find the OP.

Oh blue collar woes.

minifigg 10-17-2011 06:02 PM

Black friday!!!!

minifigg 10-17-2011 06:07 PM

"I tried to be a baller on Slick Deals and all I got was sued...and this lousy tee shirt."

At least Fat Wallet has it's Black Friday shirt now.

;)

grate06 10-17-2011 06:07 PM

I'm amazed at the number of people who didn't know about Goldeneye Reloaded! Maybe I read too much video game news. Hmmph.

Edit: And I've heard that the Goldeneye for PS3/360 will be a different game from the one that came out on Wii. It should be pretty good.

dzap 10-17-2011 06:10 PM

Cool! At least they still make the boxes in this country. I assumed they were manufactured AND packaged in China...

Reps for the pics.

GolDRoger 10-17-2011 06:33 PM

Hopefully this thread won't get the OP in trouble.

Major reps for taking the risk!

CivilCritic 10-17-2011 06:43 PM

I wonder why the thread is so hot? Is it because he's taking a big risk or is it because of the item?

leidout 10-17-2011 06:44 PM

wot is a ps3?

louze001 10-17-2011 06:57 PM

Im going to be picking up one of these bundles for sure. Thanks op!

Athyrnox 10-17-2011 07:00 PM

You sir, are amazing. Looking forward to seeing the other bundles!

MeanStang 10-17-2011 07:01 PM

how much more do u think the bundles with the fake gun will cost

just4ivaylo 10-17-2011 07:06 PM

Sooo...did the OP lose his job yet?

FIF 10-17-2011 07:07 PM

Whoever took these photos (OP or otherwise) is going to get canned, but it's a scoop. Rep'ed.

jdb230 10-17-2011 07:10 PM

Thanks for sharing OP. Already knew about most of those bundles, except for the Mayhem (killzone/resistance)...That will be a steal if priced at $149.99 like all of the other move shooter bundles have been at that price. I myself bought the resistance one on release. I hope you enjoyed your job!

phinominal 10-17-2011 07:16 PM

question, are you not afraid of losing your job?

Microtubule 10-17-2011 07:20 PM

Can't believe he posted this. Where has the OP been?

MeanStang 10-17-2011 07:23 PM

maybe he was gettin laid off so he did this, who knows.

firangi7 10-17-2011 07:51 PM

Thanks OP, that's a risk. Is this for the upcoming holiday season?

notebookreunion 10-17-2011 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrlocalhost (Post 43906882)
reps to the op for posting, but i have a feeling someone is going to get fired/sued by sony...
http://maps.google.com/?q=36.3356...om=1&hl=en
should have at least turned off the gps tracking on the iPhone...

GPS position doesn't matter much. I think they know where their own factory is located. Other personal identifying information might still be present if OP wants to remain anonymous. In any case, it's possible OP doesn't really work at the site and just attained the photos somehow. Dozens or hundreds of people probably had access and thousands with contact to those sources.

notebookreunion 10-17-2011 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orphicdragon (Post 43907050)
What moron burned the plates with such an obvious spelling error? Sony needs to find a better printer ASAP. They payed out the arse for both the plates and the designers that are too stupid to spell an integral part of the design. No doubt the cost of the reprint will be passed on to the consumer -.-

I work at a Kinkos in Visalia and we just got large print job for thousands of little blue stickers with only one word, "Stereoscopic", which I don't even know what that means. Heard them say they were going to fire some guy who screwed up, but instead, they're going to have him use these stickers to fix some other really big FU.

vetti1127 10-17-2011 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scream777 (Post 43825336)
yes they did steal my pix without credit! i couldnt reply because i just registered and it wont let me. Maybe you guys could set it stait with a post!
hah and sony did the design we had no control over that. They were told about it and didnt want to buy another batch of boxes from us so they said leave it : )


They have given you credit. It say's

Source: Scream777 at SD

mrlocalhost 10-17-2011 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notebookreunion (Post 43913360)
GPS position doesn't matter much. I think they know where their own factory is located. Other personal identifying information might still be present if OP wants to remain anonymous. In any case, it's possible OP doesn't really work at the site and just attained the photos somehow. Dozens or hundreds of people probably had access and thousands with contact to those sources.

The gps just confirms that the photos were taken at that specific factory (evidence for sony to sue Pacific Southwest Container), but the EXIF data also logged the time and date. Since the photos were taken on multiple dates, they could easily narrow down the number of people who could have taken the photos and also who was working what and where...

Luckily, the iPhones don't stamp their serial numbers on the exif, but the OP should have still wiped all the EXIF before posting... :(

wellingtonz 10-17-2011 08:33 PM

Like them! Cant help myself...

spartan20 10-17-2011 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickJew (Post 43909382)
in b4 OP gets fired...

https://news.google.com/news/more...CD4QqgIwAQ

New PS3 and PS Move bundles leaked by box manufacturer, Black Friday deal evidently in tow
http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/1...-black-fr/

Sony PS3 and PS Move Black Friday bundles leaked
http://www.slashgear.com/sony-ps3...-17188489/

this is spreading like wildfire

Ugh, things aren't looking good for OP. They're even giving his user name. I think we all at least owe OP some reps for his sacrifice.

blacksoxing 10-17-2011 08:45 PM

Hahahahaha @ a potential donation fund being set up pretty soon for the OP....

For all we know though, it might have been perfectly fine to do this!

helloha1 10-17-2011 08:49 PM

why does goldeneye say only on playstation when it's going to be available on xbox and wii too?

PopSmith 10-17-2011 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by helloha1 (Post 43914268)
why does goldeneye say only on playstation when it's going to be available on xbox and wii too?

Move is only on PS3, which is what it's referring to. I think it's a bit shady to have that on the Goldeneye box but whatever.

Quote:

Originally Posted by notebookreunion (Post 43913582)
I work at a Kinkos in Visalia and we just got large print job for thousands of little blue stickers with only one word, "Stereoscopic", which I don't even know what that means.

"Stereoscopic" means two (stereo) images (scopic) which is related to 3D imaging. Basically it's a fancy way of saying the PS3 can display 3D movies and games (in 3D).

spike378 10-17-2011 09:05 PM

I think op is being hunted by Sony lawyers right now.

supreme08 10-17-2011 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike378 (Post 43914688)
I think op is being hunted by Sony lawyers right now.

dude will get laid off for sure...

theimage13 10-17-2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spartan20 (Post 43913930)
I think we all at least owe OP some reps for his sacrifice.

I don't. Risk your job just to tell people that a video game console is going to be bundled with a different game? That's just reckless. I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I sure as hell won't encourage blatantly poor decisions like this.

huma79 10-17-2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dzap (Post 43910718)
Cool! At least they still make the boxes in this country. I assumed they were manufactured AND packaged in China...

They WERE made here.. until today.

Also, +reps to op for sacrificing his job for a slick deal. A true hero

bird_of_prey 10-17-2011 09:20 PM

We might refer to this one day as the slickileaks.

GreenTeaFarm 10-17-2011 09:24 PM

This is indeed some nice information. Been looking for a PS3 ever since they were announced at 599 US DOLLARS! ._. Took around.. what? 4-5 years or something til the MSRP hit a little above half off. Worth the wait :D.

And thanks OP for sacrificing! I hope you're okay D:

4everSlick 10-17-2011 09:28 PM

just may be the right time to get one of these!

kaufmanlol 10-17-2011 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theimage13 (Post 43914912)
I don't. Risk your job just to tell people that a video game console is going to be bundled with a different game? That's just reckless. I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I sure as hell won't encourage blatantly poor decisions like this.

I don't care if OP loses his job, that much is expected.
But I do hope no legal action follows.

ZeroSyztem 10-17-2011 09:28 PM

I dont get the "praise" for the OP. The OP is clearly a moron. Even if he was fired before he posted, I am sure Sony made him sign an NDA.

oordna24 10-17-2011 09:56 PM

deleted

Detriment 10-17-2011 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by godfather927 (Post 43827548)
nice pics, im googling goldeneye reloaded as we speak... but couldnt you potentially get in trouble for this?

Yes, he certainly could, and I believe has already. Doubt ther'll be any assassins, but he'll probably lose his job.

super4sale 10-17-2011 10:12 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viral_marketing

Narmo23 10-17-2011 10:19 PM

I'm actually liking that "Steroscopic" 3D bundle.

Here's to hoping it'll be at a price that I'll like!

Da_Middle_Man 10-17-2011 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by super4sale (Post 43916218)

Exactly what I was just thinking.

dieselfish 10-18-2011 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supreme08 (Post 43914808)
dude will get laid off for sure...

Yeah, definitly questionable.

FourEyez 10-18-2011 04:56 AM

Vote "No" on issue two!!

ZeroSyztem 10-18-2011 07:24 AM

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/1...-black-fr/ lol...

firangi7 10-18-2011 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroSyztem (Post 43922654)

Wow....news spread fast...

What I want is an Elder Scrolls Skyrim Bundle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZeroSyztem 10-18-2011 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firangi7 (Post 43923632)
Wow....news spread fast...

What I want is an Elder Scrolls Skyrim Bundle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


yeah especially when you post on the the biggest deal forum in the US. Might as well post it on the front page of the new york times..

proud2bpinoy 10-18-2011 08:34 AM

This dude will get fired and the company he worked at will get sued.

blacksoxing 10-18-2011 08:43 AM

WHO CARES IF HE GETS FIRED?!?!?

Are yall really upset over that? Sony probably isn't. For every "OH HE'S ABOUT TO GET FIRED!" comment, there's a "I better start saving up..." comment to follow it!!!

Damn. I'm sure his supervisor won't bust nuts over this. And I'm sure Sony is probably monitoring twitter and blogs and seeing all this positive press smiling from ear to ear

Plus, the price wasn't released. All we know is that these things are coming, and that someone SHOULD be fired for misspelling a word and letting it print on thousands of packages. (Honestly though, I wouldn't have known how to spell it either...)

Get off his nuts quite frankly and clap it up that he gave you this insight. Now, you don't have to read the dirt sheets about what may be upcoming. You see the great bundles. You just gotta wait on the price now!

sabin 10-18-2011 08:49 AM

It's over a month until Black Friday. Something tells me there will be a post about the guy/gal who posted these pics getting "fired" or "sued" about a week before Black Friday just to keep the topic relevant (i.e. following the Apple PR playbook verbatim).

Gben-chalice 10-18-2011 09:59 AM

this is SO uncool
 
:mad: i know you're all gamers, love to see the new stuff....BUT, scream777 is an IDIOT who has not only lost HIS job but put the jobs of upwards of 100 people at risk. If there are serious repercussions from this he's gonna have to move out of this area....btw it took less than 10 mins research to find out who scream777 was and he is NOT popular here.
SO , if anyone is ever in a similar situation...think it through, PLEASE

ToadKilla 10-18-2011 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blacksoxing (Post 43924824)
WHO CARES IF HE GETS FIRED?!?!?

Are yall really upset over that? Sony probably isn't. For every "OH HE'S ABOUT TO GET FIRED!" comment, there's a "I better start saving up..." comment to follow it!!!

Damn. I'm sure his supervisor won't bust nuts over this. And I'm sure Sony is probably monitoring twitter and blogs and seeing all this positive press smiling from ear to ear

Plus, the price wasn't released. All we know is that these things are coming, and that someone SHOULD be fired for misspelling a word and letting it print on thousands of packages. (Honestly though, I wouldn't have known how to spell it either...)

Get off his nuts quite frankly and clap it up that he gave you this insight. Now, you don't have to read the dirt sheets about what may be upcoming. You see the great bundles. You just gotta wait on the price now!

I Do care if he gets fired. If this information was supposed to be "not public" before the BF, which it ideally should not be, then he sure is in trouble, if caught. Sony, with having so many bundle options probably would've had the edge over competitors this BF season. But with this info leaked, everyone can revisit their BF sales strategy for their gaming products to match up or go beyond the offers that Sony is offering. To me, it is a leaked insider information. TO ME only.

TDMVP73 10-18-2011 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seemit (Post 43927692)
I Do care if he gets fired. If this information was supposed to be "not public" before the BF, which it ideally should not be, then he sure is in trouble, if caught. Sony, with having so many bundle options probably would've had the edge over competitors this BF season. But with this info leaked, everyone can revisit their BF sales strategy for their gaming products to match up or go beyond the offers that Sony is offering. To me, it is a leaked insider information. TO ME only.

I think some leaked Black Friday boxes are the least of Sony's problems.

With 1.6 million Bravia TVs on recall, PSN hacked for the 2nd time (w/ 93,000 accounts suspended)... they have more pressing issues.

You guys act like he leaked some super secret info.

Sony releases PS3 Bundles every year around Black Friday/Holidays. It would be expected that major PS exclusives like Resistance 3, Killzone, and Uncharted 3 would make their way into bundles.

He didn't leak any pricing... only confirmed that there will be some cool bundles (a few of which were already known anyways).

ewiz06 10-18-2011 11:28 AM

Gee--people here are acting as if he leaked the details of the Manhattan Project (those old enough to know will get that). Yes, I'm sure Sony is not happy about leaked bundle deals, but realistically it is not going to affect their bottomline much. People who were planning to buy a PS3 would buy a PS3 anyway--people planning to buy a 360 will still buy a 360. A couple of additional bundle options is not going to have a drastic impact on overall sales.

Would hate to see this guy (or anyone else) lose their job over this, but that's not my call. I saw the bundles, said "looks nice", and moved on. This is not CNN front page worthy folks.

thehip 10-18-2011 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ewiz06 (Post 43929748)
Would hate to see this guy (or anyone else) lose their job over this, but that's not my call. I saw the bundles, said "looks nice", and moved on. This is not CNN front page worthy folks.

Although it might make Fox News.

chuckywang 10-18-2011 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firangi7 (Post 43923632)
Wow....news spread fast...

What I want is an Elder Scrolls Skyrim Bundle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bundles mostly include exclusive games .... so it's very unlikely this will happen.

Detriment 10-18-2011 12:00 PM

Not all that interesting
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thehip (Post 43930162)
Although it might make Fox News.

Why do you figure Fox news would have an interest in this?

samgotit 10-18-2011 12:45 PM

Such ado over boxes. How ridiculous.

predator.z6 10-18-2011 08:13 PM

Two things I have learned from this thread:
1. Taking pictures at work will get you fired, but the guy who makes a spelling error on a print of thousands of boxes will not...
2. Apparently CNN and Fox News have front pages???

Norcal209 10-18-2011 09:58 PM

Fired op
 
Last I heard Sony found out bout this and OP did get fired...

louze001 10-18-2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norcal209 (Post 43945354)
Last I heard Sony found out bout this and OP did get fired...

Proof?

evickted 10-18-2011 10:18 PM

Love inside info. Keep the KarmaLoop! :thumbs:

Norcal209 10-18-2011 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louze001 (Post 43945426)
Proof?


No need to say how I know but true...

SentinelPrime 10-19-2011 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norcal209 (Post 43945354)
Last I heard Sony found out bout this and OP did get fired...


I can confirm this.
Like norcal209, I cannot say how I know, but I know...

sabin 10-19-2011 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norcal209 (Post 43946040)
No need to say how I know but true...

Quote:

Originally Posted by SentinelPrime (Post 43948314)
I can confirm this.
Like norcal209, I cannot say how I know, but I know...

Two new users with the same inside knowledge? What a coincidence... :shake:

R42 10-19-2011 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabin (Post 43948534)
Two new users with the same inside knowledge? What a coincidence... :shake:

i can vouch for these two.

OP got fired.

Gben-chalice 10-19-2011 11:54 AM

ditto : op got fired

marg_fan 10-19-2011 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louze001 (Post 43945426)
Proof?

You read the original post lately?

Gben-chalice 10-19-2011 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marg_fan (Post 43960398)
You read the original post lately?

i posted his name and address, but i guess the moderator zapped it

hightop32 10-19-2011 12:19 PM

stupid sony. why threaten the little guy with a DMCA notice? cat is already out of the bag.

samgotit 10-19-2011 12:26 PM

The acronym of the day, kids, is...

DMCA

jpz 10-20-2011 12:42 PM

Soooooooooo, who can we find that works at an Xbox box printing place............

proud2bpinoy 10-21-2011 07:58 AM

If OP got fired, can SD hire him or give him a job for his good intention?

ilovetype 11-04-2011 12:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by scream777 (Post 43816352)
my friend wanted to see some boxes. Just thought i would share a few of the new ps3 bundles boxes we make at the factory i work at.

One shows a ps move bundle with the new golden eye game, a move bundle with resistance 3 and killzone 3, a 160 gb ps3 bundes with ratchet and clank all for 1 and little big planet 2 special edition,one shows the uncharted 3 collectors box, and onw shows the uncharted 3 320 gb bundle

we run various other ps3 boxes just had these pics on my phone


images removed due to scary dmca from sony

Attachment 739972

ToadKilla 11-11-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SentinelPrime (Post 43948314)
I can confirm this.
Like norcal209, I cannot say how I know, but I know...

Wonder why both of your reps start at 10 lol....

AdamB15 11-11-2011 02:09 PM

OP is in Minnesota? My brother! RUN DAMMIT!

Pop2Lock 11-11-2011 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by proud2bpinoy (Post 44011022)
If OP got fired, can SD hire him or give him a job for his good intention?

+1 :nod:

samgotit 11-11-2011 05:52 PM

Oh boy! The big, dorky box thread has been bumped.

wheeljack52 11-16-2011 07:28 AM

So uncharted 3 collectors edition? Just curious

ahowe07 12-02-2011 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gben-chalice (Post 43960566)
i posted his name and address, but i guess the moderator zapped it


you posted the OPs name and address?

shifty_ 12-02-2011 04:59 AM

Kid wasn't bright to begin with anyways.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:03 PM.


1999-2014