Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Spend $150 in Visa or Mastercards and get $10 back at Staples 11/6-11/12 (http://slickdeals.net/e/3495892-spend-150-in-visa-or-mastercards-and-get-10-back-at-staples-11-6-11-12)

zune444 11-03-2011 08:12 AM

Spend $150 in Visa or Mastercards and get $10 back at Staples 11/6-11/12
 
In upcoming ad for Staples 11/6-11/12, it says that you buy $150 in Visa or Mastercard and get $10 back after Easy rebate.

I believe if you buy $200 visa gift card, the fee is 4.95, so you end up making $5.05

Not a great saving, but still its some amount of savings

The2AMBearArms 11-03-2011 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zune444 (Post 44360512)
In upcoming ad for Staples 11/6-11/12, it says that you buy $150 in Visa or Mastercard and gert 410 back after Easy rebate.

I believe if you buy $200 visa gift card, the fee is 4.95, so you end up making $5.05

Not a great saving, but still its some amount of savings

Thanks, although for myself, tying up $200 in Visa cards to make $5 isn't worth it to me. I wish they'd bring back the regular gift card deal where you bought $100 and got $10. I got a bunch of gas cards when they had that.

Elementary_Watson 11-03-2011 09:17 AM

This offer is regional. Not on my page 6 like it is for 30097 zip code.

zune444 11-03-2011 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The2AMBearArms (Post 44361906)
Thanks, although for myself, tying up $200 in Visa cards to make $5 isn't worth it to me. I wish they'd bring back the regular gift card deal where you bought $100 and got $10. I got a bunch of gas cards when they had that.


If you have some Amex, Visa, mastercards gift cards sitting around then you can roll them over and make some bucks.....

I dont think its worth using your credit card to buy them...

Quote:

Originally Posted by mathfaster (Post 44362536)
This offer is regional. Not on my page 6 like it is for 30097 zip code.


May be.... i tried 77056 and i saw that deal...

lotsalotsadeals 11-03-2011 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zune444 (Post 44360512)
In upcoming ad for Staples 11/6-11/12, it says that you buy $150 in Visa or Mastercard and gert 410 back after Easy rebate.

I believe if you buy $200 visa gift card, the fee is 4.95, so you end up making $5.05

Not a great saving, but still its some amount of savings

Last I checked they do NOT sell $200 Visa MC prepaids at Staples

centrifuge41 11-04-2011 04:38 PM

I'm seeing cards that can be freely loaded with up to $500 at grocery stores such as Kroger now. The fee is $5.95 even if you load up the max, $500. Does Staples sell such cards, or must we buy a $100 card and a $50 card, paying ~5.95 + 4.95 in fees to get the $10 rebate?

Hoshida 11-04-2011 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zune444 (Post 44360512)
In upcoming ad for Staples 11/6-11/12, it says that you buy $150 in Visa or Mastercard and gert 410 back after Easy rebate.

I believe if you buy $200 visa gift card, the fee is 4.95, so you end up making $5.05

Not a great saving, but still its some amount of savings


WOW slick deal! Spend 150 and get 410 back.

spam 11-04-2011 05:05 PM

Which page on the circular is this mentioned? I know that not all Staples have it. didn't see it in my area circular..

zune444 11-04-2011 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by centrifuge41 (Post 44410438)
I'm seeing cards that can be freely loaded with up to $500 at grocery stores such as Kroger now. The fee is $5.95 even if you load up the max, $500. Does Staples sell such cards, or must we buy a $100 card and a $50 card, paying ~5.95 + 4.95 in fees to get the $10 rebate?

You can buy upto nay amount, but its just that the total amount og gift cards should be $150+

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoshida (Post 44411044)
WOW slick deal! Spend 150 and get 410 back.

Sorry for the typo .... Fixed it !!!

zune444 11-04-2011 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spam (Post 44411166)
Which page on the circular is this mentioned? I know that not all Staples have it. didn't see it in my area circular..


Its on Page 6, bottom left corner

robinski_ 11-04-2011 05:25 PM

5/200=0.025=2.5% savings? no thanks

just use coupons or something instead

rc9238 11-08-2011 02:49 PM

It's not in my ad. Too bad, because I have a bunch of prepaid rebate debit cards that I could have used up to buy the $150 GC. Has anyone tried to do this deal at a store which didn't have the deal in the ad? If so, did the rebate still print out at the register?

rc9238 11-09-2011 11:34 AM

I went to a Staples store today that didn't have this deal in the ad. There were signs advertising the rebate right above the gift card display. They only sell cards in $25, $50, and $100 increments, so the cheapest fee you can spend (for $150 total) is $4.95 + $5.95 = $10.90. I wanted to purchase three $100 cards ($5.95 fee each) and asked the manager (before I made the purchase) if I would get a $20 rebate for buying $300 in cards. He said yes after he looked in his book and found that the rebate limit is 10. So I made the purchase but the rebate form said I was only eligible for 1 $10 rebate and that the rebate terms are actually "buy $150 or more in Visa or MC gift cards". The signs in the store didn't say "or more", so I got the manager to give me a $10 courtesy coupon to make up for the 2nd rebate that I didn't get. So unfortunately there's no way to make money on this, since you will only get 1 rebate per transaction of $150 or more in gift cards.

BrandNameChic 11-09-2011 10:38 PM

200 visa card fee isnt 4.95. Someone told me it's almost 7 bucks.

rc9238 11-10-2011 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rc9238 (Post 44551200)
I went to a Staples store today that didn't have this deal in the ad. There were signs advertising the rebate right above the gift card display. They only sell cards in $25, $50, and $100 increments, so the cheapest fee you can spend (for $150 total) is $4.95 + $5.95 = $10.90. I wanted to purchase three $100 cards ($5.95 fee each) and asked the manager (before I made the purchase) if I would get a $20 rebate for buying $300 in cards. He said yes after he looked in his book and found that the rebate limit is 10. So I made the purchase but the rebate form said I was only eligible for 1 $10 rebate and that the rebate terms are actually "buy $150 or more in Visa or MC gift cards". The signs in the store didn't say "or more", so I got the manager to give me a $10 courtesy coupon to make up for the 2nd rebate that I didn't get. So unfortunately there's no way to make money on this, since you will only get 1 rebate per transaction of $150 or more in gift cards.

I'm replying to myself here with an update. I just entered my rebate online and it says I will be getting $20 (even though the rebate form that printed at the store said I was only eligible for 1 rebate). So if you buy three $100 cards (total fee $5.95 x 3 = $17.85), you will get back $20.00 (for a profit of $2.15). I don't see any way to make this a better money-maker, but if someone has any ideas, please post them.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:05 AM.