Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Toshiba 65UL610U 65" LED 3D TV + 2 Pairs of 3D glasses for $2000 at Conns (http://slickdeals.net/f/3776614-toshiba-65ul610u-65-led-3d-tv-2-pairs-of-3d-glasses-for-2000-at-conns)

nshy123 01-01-2012 11:01 AM

Toshiba 65UL610U 65" LED 3D TV + 2 Pairs of 3D glasses for $2000 at Conns
 
http://www.conns.com/toshiba-65ul...3d-tv.html

Toshiba 65UL610U 65" LED 3D TV + 2 Pairs of 3D glasses for $2000.

At Conns.

65" LED Screen Size
16:9 Aspect Ratio
3D Technology
1920 x 1080 Resolution
480 Hz Refresh Rate
Gaming Mode

wikipost 01-01-2012 11:01 AM

This post can and should be edited by users like you :)
 
Conns.com has scary ratings:

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Conn_s

Conns is rated 3.3/10

christoh 01-01-2012 12:45 PM

great find in for 2 for extra bedrooms in my vaca beach home thnks op!!!!!!!!

boosterjm 01-01-2012 12:56 PM

OP - did you buy it? Never heard of this website earlier

gaijin4life 01-01-2012 12:59 PM

Conns.com has scary ratings:

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Conn_s

3.3/10? Ouch.


For that price a TC-P65ST30 is a much safer bet from a reputable seller like Amazon. Plasma does 3D with a more natural look, if 3D is your thing.

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-V...004MME76U/

They've been in the $1750-$2000 price range all season.

DanguardAce 01-01-2012 01:01 PM

I needed one for my 6th guest bathroom. In for one. Thanks op.

bleebdat 01-01-2012 09:13 PM

Ordered one for store pickup tomorrow, other than Conns possibly being shady is this a good price?

thegman230 01-01-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleebdat (Post 46538372)
Ordered one for store pickup tomorrow, other than Conns possibly being shady is this a good price?


In like Flynn. Thanks OP

jfinkow 01-02-2012 01:15 PM

In for one. What the heck! BTW, shipping was $44.95 to the Las Vegas area.

thegman230 01-02-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfinkow (Post 46552394)
In for one. What the heck! BTW, shipping was $44.95 to the Las Vegas area.


Mine shipped today! Holy crap that was fast

mrclemson 01-02-2012 06:33 PM

Any coupons?

thegman230 01-03-2012 12:38 PM

Not sure why this thread isn't getting more attention. This should be front page. Any place else has this for $3500 +

jfinkow 01-03-2012 05:44 PM

FYI, my TV shipped today. The freight company is called: "PILOT DELIVERS".
What is the very worst that could happen? The TV arrives damaged or is unacceptable as a TV. I ship it back, and my only costs are for shipping. The TV's specs are impeccable, and the TV deal includes two pairs of active shutter glasses, worth about $50 each.
Worth a gamble. Did I mention that I am in the Las Vegas area?

Doom878 01-04-2012 06:50 AM

Possible issues. Long review but a lot of people found it helpful

http://www.amazon.com/review/RUCD...hisHelpful

Reborn1954 01-04-2012 06:52 AM

any coupons???

mrclemson 01-04-2012 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doom878 (Post 46600870)
Possible issues. Long review but a lot of people found it helpful

http://www.amazon.com/review/RUCD...hisHelpful

What are you smoking today? This dork is a Panasonic.

Tazmania99 01-04-2012 08:23 AM

1. This is a discontinued model and had been removed from Toshiba website. This was targeted as Toshiba's flagship model but for some reasons Toshiba discontinued it before they started advertized it. It is probably due to the "white spots" appearing on the TVs. Check reviews on Amazon.

2. This is not a full-array LED. It is edge-lite. People on AVS confirmed that. Also check the specs on Crutchfield [crutchfield.com] showing the TV is edge-lite.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegman230 (Post 46579300)
Not sure why this thread isn't getting more attention. This should be front page. Any place else has this for $3500 +


thegman230 01-04-2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tazmania99 (Post 46603214)
1. This is a discontinued model and had been removed from Toshiba website. This was targeted as Toshiba's flagship model but for some reasons Toshiba discontinued it before they started advertized it. It is probably due to the "white spots" appearing on the TVs. Check reviews on Amazon.

2. This is not a full-array LED. It is edge-lite. People on AVS confirmed that. Also check the specs on Crutchfield [crutchfield.com] showing the TV is edge-lite.


Wrong and Wrong. Link to the toshiba website right there in plain view, Has fine LOCAL dimming

http://us.toshiba.com/tv/3d/65ul610u/

Tazmania99 01-04-2012 11:45 AM

I hate to argue but see post #24 here [hometheatershack.com]. Of course you can ignore what he said. I am just quoting what I found on other forums.

Also check the later posts where show the clouding issues of this TV reported by a forum member. This seems to coincide with the poor reviews on Amazon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegman230 (Post 46604930)
Wrong and Wrong. Link to the toshiba website right there in plain view, Has fine LOCAL dimming

http://us.toshiba.com/tv/3d/65ul610u/


nshy123 01-04-2012 02:22 PM

3D Glasses Prices for UL610U tvs
 
Hi,

Toshiba 3D glasses model# FPT-AG01U are last years model 2010 but are compatible with Toshiba UL610U series (2011). I called Toshiba US direct and they only have this model available for sale.

On the link below are the Ebay filtered prices for the FPT-AG01U glasses.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_n...86.c0.m301

I bought 7 from the following seller for $30 each. But I emailed him to get a better price since I was buying 7. His sale might be over but he assured me that he had more for sale
Link - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI....TQ:US:1123

Conns has the 2011 3D glasses model #FPT-AG02 for $79.99 each, although you would have to call to find out if they can be sold online through Conns website or if they can be ordered through phone.

nshy123 01-04-2012 02:38 PM

UL610U Series tv Reviews
 
Below are Amazon's & Conns' reviews for the 3 different UL610U series tv available

65UL610U:
http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-65U...Descending

55UL610U:
http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-55U...Descending


46UL610U:
http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-46U...ewpoints=1

Conns:

65UL610U:
http://www.conns.com/catalog/prod...er-reviews

55UL610U:
http://www.conns.com/catalog/prod...er-reviews

46UL610U:
http://www.conns.com/catalog/prod...er-reviews


Make your decision and purchase at your discretion!!!!!!

The following link is to Official Toshiba 46UL610U, 55UL610U, 65UL610U Owners Thread at AVSForum.com

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/sh...?t=1361508

Read through all 4 pages of the thread and judge for yourself!

Thank you!

dds02401 01-06-2012 12:46 AM

I am reading all those reviews, lots of mixed reviews.....still debating if I should jump on the Conns deal, which I believe is ending this Saturday....

mrtrance 01-06-2012 01:05 AM

Is this a good deal or the LG 65LW6500 which can be had for around $2200? Any opinions on which one is a better buy since I need a 65" lcd to replace my current 65" Toshiba DLP. I was considering the new Sony 65" 929, but at close to 5K price tag it is out of my range. Also considered the Samsung 65" D8000, but saw not too good reviews for it.

tightfist 01-06-2012 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrtrance (Post 46661524)
Is this a good deal or the LG 65LW6500 which can be had for around $2200? Any opinions on which one is a better buy since I need a 65" lcd to replace my current 65" Toshiba DLP. I was considering the new Sony 65" 929, but at close to 5K price tag it is out of my range. Also considered the Samsung 65" D8000, but saw not too good reviews for it.

Go bigger! http://slickdeals.net/f/3794888-Sharp-Quattron-LC70LE732U-70-LED-HDTV-1080p-120Hz-w-Built-in-WiFi-and-Internet-Apps-FREE-BUDGET-SHIPPING-2-299-99-After-Rebate

minhquan2106 01-06-2012 09:36 PM

Have anyone received it yet? any cmt?

jfinkow 01-07-2012 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minhquan2106 (Post 46688854)
Have anyone received it yet? any cmt?

The tracking number shows that my TV should be delivered on Tuesday, 01-10-12, at 5pm.

DonWonJohnson 01-10-2012 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minhquan2106 (Post 46688854)
Have anyone received it yet? any cmt?

I bought the TV in-store, and so far, it has been awesome. Initially, there was this issue with cloudiness...I called Toshiba, and we took care of it quickly. Looks crystal clear to me, however, it takes a while to turn on (about 10 seconds or so). I think this is a HIGHLY underrated deal.

gpister 01-10-2012 02:07 AM

This is very underrated deal 65 LED TV with 2 pairs of 3D glasses is a pretty hot deal this is a front page material. Friend of mine was bragging about his Samsung for $2500 (plus tax probably) ya its a Samsung, but Toshiba is pretty good at there T.V's this is a front page! edit no tax apparently and shipping is just $44.95 (for me in CA)

Doom878 01-10-2012 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrclemson (Post 46601056)
What are you smoking today? This dork is a Panasonic.

I was responding to the dude that brought it up tough guy

thegman230 01-10-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpister (Post 46760228)
This is very underrated deal 65 LED TV with 2 pairs of 3D glasses is a pretty hot deal this is a front page material. Friend of mine was bragging about his Samsung for $2500 (plus tax probably) ya its a Samsung, but Toshiba is pretty good at there T.V's this is a front page! edit no tax apparently and shipping is just $44.95 (for me in CA)


EXACTLY what I said. Just got my TV delivered today and OMG incredible. Now the price is up to $2999 at conn's. Lots of naysayers that have no idea what they missed.

gpister 01-10-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegman230 (Post 46773652)
EXACTLY what I said. Just got my TV delivered today and OMG incredible. Now the price is up to $2999 at conn's. Lots of naysayers that have no idea what they missed.

I noticed the price change congrats for those that got it $1999 a true deal if you tell me :D

jfinkow 01-10-2012 05:39 PM

Got mine today, in the Las Vegas area. So far, so good. Works great in 2D. Up conversion from 2D to 3D is not good. Have not tried pure 3D yet.

minhquan2106 01-10-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfinkow (Post 46781932)
Got mine today, in the Las Vegas area. So far, so good. Works great in 2D. Up conversion from 2D to 3D is not good. Have not tried pure 3D yet.


Thank bro.
Can you compare this and LG 65LW6500? Both are around $2k :drool:

jfinkow 01-10-2012 10:50 PM

Addition to my post about 2D to 3D up conversion. The glasses need to be charged. Mine were dying. In any case, 2D to 3D conversion works, but it is not as good as real 3D. Real 3D is good sometimes, and other times it is not that good. But it is not the TV; it is the content. The only 3D content I have viewed so far is from DirecTV. The Tahiti channel is great all the time. ESPN 3D and 3Net have their moments. This TV was a bargain for $2045.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:22 AM.


1999-2014