Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   H&R Block At Home Deluxe 2011 Federal + State + Federal e-files $39.99 + $15 Office Depot GC at Office Depot (http://slickdeals.net/e/3776820-h-r-block-at-home-deluxe-2011-federal-state-federal-e-files-39-99-15-office-depot-gc-at-office-depot)

coder_t2 01-01-2012 02:15 PM

H&R Block At Home Deluxe 2011 Federal + State + Federal e-files $39.99 + $15 Office Depot GC at Office Depot
 
1 Attachment(s)
Office Depot has H&R Block At Home Deluxe 2011 Federal + State for $39.99 which is $5 off its full price. It also mail-in rebate for a $15 Office Depot Gift Card. So basically brings the price down to $25. Although it doesn't say e-file in the title, I believe it still comes with 5 free Federal e-files. According to people reviewing it on Amazon, and even how HR Block listed the software on its website, it looks like it comes with the 5 Federal e-files. State e-files are still $19.95, but paper filings are free.

Not sure what's the cheapest this software gets, but it's a good deal if you want to start your taxes now and try to get it done with.

Confirmed. You get 5 Federal e-files with this software.

I attached a picture of the ad.

vizionzphotog 01-01-2012 02:55 PM

It's a good deal, it's only $36 at Walmart but you don't get a GC.

coder_t2 01-01-2012 02:56 PM

Yep Gift Card is pretty much what makes this a deal.

WhipperSnapper 01-01-2012 03:01 PM

I think I got mine for $25 last year from Amazon (Federal + State with federal e-files) and it was less for the download. I'm going to keep waiting.

johny3 01-01-2012 03:14 PM

taxact federal + state is 14.95 and add $3 more for deluxe version. a lot of happy customers with taxact, including me :)
https://www.taxact.com/
just posting another alternative ;)

ottoracefan 01-01-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coder_t2 (Post 46529304)
............. Although it doesn't say e-file in the title, I believe it still comes with 5 free Federal e-files. According to people reviewing it on Amazon, and even how HR Block listed the software on its website, it looks like it comes with the 5 Federal e-files. State e-files are still $19.95, but paper filings are free.
........

I purchased this today and can confirm that the box contains a key code for five free federal e-files. :)

coder_t2 01-01-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ottoracefan (Post 46531358)
I purchased this today and can confirm that the box contains a key code for five free federal e-files. :)

Awesome. Thanks for confirming this.

reader2580 01-01-2012 05:38 PM

I paid $30 at Amazon just a few days after it came out in November. After considering tax at Office Depot I paid about $2 more with Amazon than Office Depot, but I also don't have $15 I have to spend at Office Depot either.

Amazon has this for $36 right now, and no doubt it will be at $30 again as tax season swings into full gear. I normally buy almost as soon as the tax software is released so I can figure my refund, but I forgot about my mortgage refinance so I have to wait until I get my tax documents this year. (I try to make my refund as small as possible, but I still get something every year.)

jaymanj 01-01-2012 06:23 PM

In addition to the GC, there is a $10 Mail in rebate that some people (including me) have received in the mail. The rebate form is inside the CD case that they send out yearly and is only good for the At Home software purchased at: BB, Target, Office Depot, Office Max, Micro Center, and Frys.

dnrlittle 01-01-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaymanj (Post 46533966)
In addition to the GC, there is a $10 Mail in rebate that some people (including me) have received in the mail. The rebate form is inside the CD case that they send out yearly and is only good for the At Home software purchased at: BB, Target, Office Depot, Office Max, Micro Center, and Frys.

Both the $15 gift card and the $10 rebate require the original UPC.

Target has a $10 coupon and the $10 rebate will work to get $20 off their price.

http://coupons.target.com/electronics-coupons

impelus 01-01-2012 07:39 PM

$27.00 download on Amazon. I got it for $25.99 yesterday. Last year I got it for $17.99. The price changes frequently.

http://www.amazon.com/Block-Home-...856&sr=8-2

coder_t2 01-01-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by impelus (Post 46535414)
$27.00 download on Amazon. I got it for $25.99 yesterday. Last year I got it for $17.99. The price changes frequently.

http://www.amazon.com/Block-Home-...856&sr=8-2

This doesn't include the State program

skiumah 01-01-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by impelus (Post 46535414)
$27.00 download on Amazon. I got it for $25.99 yesterday. Last year I got it for $17.99. The price changes frequently.

http://www.amazon.com/Block-Home-...856&sr=8-2

I love that the "Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought" for this item includes Kirkland Low Dose Aspirin. :D

Offline version is also $27 right now and easier to archive/reinstall, etc. if you ever need to file an amended return. No state with this one either.

http://www.amazon.com/Block-At-Ho...00604ICL4/

Smart Shopper 01-01-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaymanj (Post 46533966)
In addition to the GC, there is a $10 Mail in rebate that some people (including me) have received in the mail. The rebate form is inside the CD case that they send out yearly and is only good for the At Home software purchased at: BB, Target, Office Depot, Office Max, Micro Center, and Frys.

My box didn't include the rebate form this year :(. Can you post a copy of the rebate form? Couple of years ago I had used a rebate form which was posted on here and worked fine.

Shatnes 01-02-2012 08:26 AM

Can you use it on more than one pc?

okiejay1 01-04-2012 09:35 PM

OD Took $10 Target Coupon
 
I was able to get my local Office Depot to accept the $10 off Target coupon for H&R Block At Home Deluxe as a price match, which dropped the price to $29.99 before the $15 rebate. Probably a big YMMV though.

YankeeRedneck 01-07-2012 09:17 AM

Last time I got this from amz for 24.99 - mir = 14.99.
Gonna wait for price drop plus I dont like shopping
at OD and dont want to go back to spend $15 GC.

Bobbydigee 01-28-2012 07:44 PM

Is this only good for filing this years returns ? or this year and next year and so on....

askgonzo 01-29-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobbydigee (Post 47254948)
Is this only good for filing this years returns ? or this year and next year and so on....

need a new one every year:mad:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:35 PM.