Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Sanyo Eneloop Ni-MH Charger and 8 Rechargeable AA and 4 Rechargeable AAA Batteries @ Costco B&M $26 YMMV (http://slickdeals.net/f/3782902-sanyo-eneloop-ni-mh-charger-and-8-rechargeable-aa-and-4-rechargeable-aaa-batteries-costco-b-m-26-ymmv)

berek247 01-03-2012 01:38 PM

Sanyo Eneloop Ni-MH Charger and 8 Rechargeable AA and 4 Rechargeable AAA Batteries @ Costco B&M $26 YMMV

1 Attachment(s)
Swung by Costco today (1/3/12) in Orange County and saw these for $26. Wasn't sure whether or not to grab them, as I already took the Adorama deal for the AAA batteries. Probably gonna drop by again later to pick them up.

Includes 8 AA, 4 AAA and a charger.

Amazon has it for $39
Amazon Ref. Link: http://www.amazon.com/Sanyo-Enelo...355&sr=1-4

First post in a while. Be nice, please!

Attachment 928960
Attachment 928962

vivithemage 01-03-2012 01:48 PM

kind of a repost?

http://slickdeals.net/f/3460150-Eneloop-Rechargeable-Batteries-10-AA-or-12-AAA-Costco-B-M-20

mage182 01-03-2012 01:50 PM

I was at my local Costco on Saturday on LI and I saw 10 AA or 12 AAA packs of Eneloop for 19.99. That deal seems a little better per unit. But if you want a mixed lot, this is probably the way to go. Good find.

Does anyone have experience with the chargers? The Eneloop site says any charger can be used. Can I use the Energizer NiMH charger I have? Or should I play it safe and get an Eneloop one?

berek247 01-03-2012 01:50 PM

hmm, i guess i didn't search hard enough. my bad.

zodiac711 01-03-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mage182 (Post 46579792)
I was at my local Costco on Saturday on LI and I saw 10 AA or 12 AAA packs of Eneloop for 19.99. That deal seems a little better per unit. But if you want a mixed lot, this is probably the way to go. Good find.

Does anyone have experience with the chargers? The Eneloop site says any charger can be used. Can I use the Energizer NiMH charger I have? Or should I play it safe and get an Eneloop one?

The eneloop charger is CRAP. Yes, it will charge your Eneloops, but so will just about any other charger out there. The main problem with the Eneloop charger is that it charges in PAIRS as opposed to charging each battery INDIVIDUALLY.

If you want a good charger, consider a La Crosse BC-700 or similar. http://www.amazon.com/Crosse-Tech...B000RSOV50

SlickRat 01-03-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivithemage (Post 46579710)

not even close to the same deal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by berek247 (Post 46579794)
hmm, i guess i didn't search hard enough. my bad.

thanks for the post. now im going to get more but with aaa and a charger.

route246 01-03-2012 04:17 PM

If things go according to past performance there may be a coupon in the near future. I got this same deal for about $20 a few years back and a few years before that.

Regarding charging in pairs, I have two devices, on is a flashlight which takes 3 and the other is a flashlight which takes 1. Otherwise, pairs are fine. I have many spares which I can pair with the lone one. It will charge one full and one empty to completion. I tested this very thorougly with a small fan which I use to measure capacity.

chaozz 01-03-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by route246 (Post 46584786)
If things go according to past performance there may be a coupon in the near future. I got this same deal for about $20 a few years back and a few years before that.

Regarding charging in pairs, I have two devices, on is a flashlight which takes 3 and the other is a flashlight which takes 1. Otherwise, pairs are fine. I have many spares which I can pair with the lone one. It will charge one full and one empty to completion. I tested this very thorougly with a small fan which I use to measure capacity.

last 2 rounds of these there have been no coupon..and i watched for it.

damn_hammer 01-04-2012 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zodiac711 (Post 46581412)
The eneloop charger is CRAP. Yes, it will charge your Eneloops, but so will just about any other charger out there. The main problem with the Eneloop charger is that it charges in PAIRS as opposed to charging each battery INDIVIDUALLY.

If you want a good charger, consider a La Crosse BC-700 or similar. http://www.amazon.com/Crosse-Tech...B000RSOV50

I wouldn't go near a La Crosse charger with their history of melting products, and then changing model numbers. The Maha Powerex C9000 is widely regarded as the best for eneloops/nimh batteries. i have the c9000, and couldn't be happier.

mage182 01-04-2012 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zodiac711 (Post 46581412)

Thanks for the heads up. The La Crosse charger looks great.

zodiac711 01-04-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damn_hammer (Post 46599722)
I wouldn't go near a La Crosse charger with their history of melting products, and then changing model numbers. The Maha Powerex C9000 is widely regarded as the best for eneloops/nimh batteries. i have the c9000, and couldn't be happier.

It was the BC-900 (or was it BC-9000) that, per user setting, could charge batteries at too-high of a charge-rate (1Ah); the BC-700 maxes out at 700mAh. And, as it's recommended to maximize battery life to charge at a lower-rate (less heat), there should be no reason you'd ever hit the point of potential melting.

I'm not saying that the Maha isn't a better charger (it likely is), but that the La Crosse is a very good charger, and that the charger that comes with the Eneloop's is junk.

MageVortex 01-04-2012 08:07 AM

lol, man alive...no matter how many battery deals i look at, if i read what everyone has to say, i'll never make a freaking decision. the Eneloops seem to be the right decision as far as teh batteries go, but when it comes to the charger, the La Crosse gets suggested, and then i read and hear stories of them melting and exploding crap often enough that it seems a geniune problem.....EGADS! Whats a discerning customer to do!?

damn_hammer 01-04-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zodiac711 (Post 46601032)
It was the BC-900 (or was it BC-9000) that, per user setting, could charge batteries at too-high of a charge-rate (1Ah); the BC-700 maxes out at 700mAh. And, as it's recommended to maximize battery life to charge at a lower-rate (less heat), there should be no reason you'd ever hit the point of potential melting.

I'm not saying that the Maha isn't a better charger (it likely is), but that the La Crosse is a very good charger, and that the charger that comes with the Eneloop's is junk.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mage182 (Post 46600332)
Thanks for the heads up. The La Crosse charger looks great.

Recomended reading for anyone considering a La Crosse charger:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/...s-Continue...

I in fact bought, and received delivery of a Lacrosse charger (BC-9009) which was subsequently returned because of the safety issues I've read about. BC-700, BC-9009, BC-1000 ... i can't keep up with their model # shell game.

The recommended charging current is 0.5C, or 0.5 times the battery capacity. So for the Eneloop AA it should be a 1000mah charge rate.

chaozz 01-05-2012 10:19 AM

why over think it just use the charger it comes with.

stevego 01-05-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaozz (Post 46637546)

Because the charger that comes in this bundle is garbage. If doesn't regulate the charge if the batteries are full or start to get full. This can reduce the life of the batteries.

Whereas if you use an advanced charger like a lacrosse or maha, they use trickle charge technology where they will lower the amount of power it sends to the batteries as they get full, and then send a minimal amount to the battery as it is full and still in the charger. This ensures you don't kill your batteries prematurely and means you can leave them sitting in the charger ready to go (if you like, but there's no need with this low self-discharge batteries).

As far as the Lacrosse chargers go, I've had a BC-900 I've been using since 2007 with no problems whatsoever, so ymmv as far as the melting issues go.

SlickRat 01-05-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaozz (Post 46637546)

exactly, it works great!

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevego (Post 46638276)
Because the charger that comes in this bundle is garbage. If doesn't regulate the charge if the batteries are full or start to get full. This can reduce the life of the batteries.

Whereas if you use an advanced charger like a lacrosse or maha, they use trickle charge technology where they will lower the amount of power it sends to the batteries as they get full, and then send a minimal amount to the battery as it is full and still in the charger. This ensures you don't kill your batteries prematurely and means you can leave them sitting in the charger ready to go (if you like, but there's no need with this low self-discharge batteries).

As far as the Lacrosse chargers go, I've had a BC-900 I've been using since 2007 with no problems whatsoever, so ymmv as far as the melting issues go.

yada yada yada,,,jesus h...

i have this set up from costco...and the charger works GREAT.
not that i like to admit but i rip through these batts like no other using my xbox (headset/controller) i use 4 and then pop in 4...they charge and i use them again...wash/rinse/repeat

stevego 01-05-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ratko (Post 46638636)
exactly, it works great!

yada yada yada,,,jesus h...

i have this set up from costco...and the charger works GREAT.
not that i like to admit but i rip through these batts like no other using my xbox (headset/controller) i use 4 and then pop in 4...they charge and i use them again...wash/rinse/repeat

Good for you, and to each their own. But eneloops aren't cheap, and some people would like to get the most out of them they can. Ignorance is bliss, so enjoy.

SlickRat 01-05-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevego (Post 46638798)
Good for you, and to each their own. But eneloops aren't cheap, and some people would like to get the most out of them they can. Ignorance is bliss, so enjoy.

maybe you're the ignorant one? just a thought....
that fancy dancy charger of yours wasn't cheap..
could have replaced my whole "shitty" set up with the cost of your fancy charger...

Ignorance is bliss??

RON PAUL 2012

berek247 01-05-2012 11:05 PM

well, good thing i bought them before i read the rest of this thread. had crappy energizer rechargeables before for my toothbrush and little flashlight. man those things died fast, so it's an upgrade for me no matter what!

l8nighter 01-08-2012 02:34 PM

Kansas City at 119thand Metcalf has a bunch in stock

stevego 01-31-2012 03:14 PM

Saw this at Costco for $20 after a $6 instant rebate that expires on 2/12/12. Just FYI.