Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   IM+ Pro for Android on sale for 99¢ (normal $9.99) One app, all your messaging (http://slickdeals.net/f/3796750-im-pro-for-android-on-sale-for-99-normal-9-99-one-app-all-your-messaging)

acr 01-06-2012 07:06 PM

IM+ Pro for Android on sale for 99¢ (normal $9.99) One app, all your messaging

1 Attachment(s)
https://market.android.com/detail...VzZnVsbCJd

Quote:

Description
Beep, Skype, MSN, Facebook Chat, AIM, Yahoo, ICQ, Google Talk, VKontakte & more.
IM+ Pro. One app, all your messaging.
IM+ Pro has all your messaging needs covered, regardless of whether you want to text your address book contacts or stay in touch with your IM contacts.
Introducing Beep: free mobile-to-mobile in-app messenger.
We figured you've been looking for a free alternative to SMS for a while now. And now we've got that right in IM+ Pro. Available for Android smartphones/tablets and other mobile devices that your friends use IM+ on: iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, BlackBerry and Windows Phone.
Whenever you send and receive text messages, photos or voice messages, IM+ Beep will make sure that your message was successfully sent and notify you when it is safely delivered. Push will make incoming messages instantly pop up on your device.
Always on, always instant, always fun.
IM+ Pro supports all major IM services, including Facebook, Skype, MSN/Live Messenger, Google Talk, Yahoo!, AIM/iChat, ICQ, MySpace, Jabber, VKontakte, Yandex IM and Mail.Ru Agent.
Below you may find the list of other amazing features which will definitely take your mobile IM experience to the next level:
- UI is optimized for both Android smartphones and Android tablet computers
- Send text messages, photos, and voice notes
- Group chats in Skype, MSN, AIM, ICQ
- Chat history
- Multiple accounts per service
- Create personal and geo status messages
- Customize your IMing experience with different sound notifications and emoticons
- Typing notifications
…and we're not done yet, new IM+ features will keep coming!

catnapped 01-06-2012 07:10 PM

Might be a worthwhile purchase if you'd already bought from Amazon given their frequency (NOT) of updating it.

iFrenzy 01-06-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catnap1972 (Post 46684708)
Might be a worthwhile purchase if you'd already bought from Amazon given their frequency (NOT) of updating it.

I got it for free when it was the amazon app of the day a while back, but I never use it so I would never pay $9.99 for it.

orphicdragon 01-06-2012 07:38 PM

I got it for free as well on Amazon app of the day. Use it on the Gtab and sensation on tmo no issues.

I use it all the time. It's actually nice to be able to better configure things like away messages and such. It doesn't lag or crap out as often as gtalk did and it's nice to be able to log into to multiple accounts on the phone without it being a royal PITA.

Worth a buck, can't really think of any IM client that is worth $10 though.

heero884 01-07-2012 02:58 PM

Comparing reviews it doesn't stack up too favorably against the free IMO: https://market.android.com/detail...lated_apps

Is IM Pro even worth $.99? O.o

catnapped 01-07-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero884 (Post 46700868)

Hard to say, but IM Pro in my experience seems to use the least amount of data (important if you're on prepaid or limited). Everything else I'd tried just seems to keep sucking up gobs of data ($$$$) when it doesn't have to. Anyone find anything better that uses the least amount of data?

acr 01-07-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero884 (Post 46700868)
Comparing reviews it doesn't stack up too favorably against the free IMO: https://market.android.com/detail...lated_apps

is IMO ad free ?

heero884 01-07-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catnap1972 (Post 46701066)
Hard to say, but IM Pro in my experience seems to use the least amount of data (important if you're on prepaid or limited). Everything else I'd tried just seems to keep sucking up gobs of data ($$$$) when it doesn't have to. Anyone find anything better that uses the least amount of data?

Ooo, good to know. I use a tablet on wifi so never really thought about it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by acr (Post 46701082)
is IMO ad free ?

Yup. Not sure what their business model is.. but so far it works good and it's free with no ads.

Mike A. 01-07-2012 03:57 PM

I'm just surprised that there still are people using MSN, ICQ, AIM, etc.

heero884 01-07-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike A. (Post 46701708)
I'm just surprised that there still are people using MSN, ICQ, AIM, etc.

Is there something better we should know about?

Mike A. 01-07-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero884 (Post 46702198)
Is there something better we should know about?

Not necessarily. If it works for you, that's fine. Seems like most just use text more these days since pretty much everyone is mobile, either directly or via iMessage, BM, or one of the cross-platform apps. And, yeah, I know that they're not the same and have relative advantages/disadvantages. Used various IM all the time back in the day.

heero884 01-07-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike A. (Post 46703322)
Not necessarily. If it works for you, that's fine. Seems like most just use text more these days since pretty much everyone is mobile, either directly or via iMessage, BM, or one of the cross-platform apps. And, yeah, I know that they're not the same and have relative advantages/disadvantages. Used various IM all the time back in the day.

Oh okay. I'm open to a better alternative that works on multiple platforms but haven't found anything satisfactory. Yes, everyone uses txt nowadays but I find it cumbersome. It's not instant and you're pretty much glued to your phone. iMessage is pretty cool but really needs to be expanded to non-iOS devices..