Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Micro USB to HDMI® MHL Adapter(Galaxy Nexus!) 6.80+Shipping (http://slickdeals.net/f/3814112-micro-usb-to-hdmi-mhl-adapter-galaxy-nexus-6-80-shipping)

greeknasty 01-11-2012 12:37 PM

Micro USB to HDMI® MHL Adapter(Galaxy Nexus!) 6.80+Shipping
 
for all my nexus buddies here you go...works with other newer phones also

http://www.monoprice.com/products...cification

Micro USB to HDMI® MHL Adapter - Black

Features:

Gold plated HDMI® female connector in one end
Micro USB female connector in side for charging/power
Micro USB male connector on end of 3 1/2" cable


Dimensions:

2 1/32" long (2 9/32" including cable boot)
1 1/8" wide
17/32" thick

wikipost 01-11-2012 12:37 PM

This post can and should be edited by users like you :)
 
For those who are not sure if their phones have MHL, please go to http://www.gsmarena.com/ and find your phone.

Look for "- TV-out (via MHL A/V link)" under feature. If it's not listed, then your phone does not support it.

http://www.gsmarena.com/results.p...eeText=mhl

cigga24 01-11-2012 12:44 PM

Works for EVO 3D as well. The extra port for charging phone while connected to tv is cool.

sunspotzsz 01-11-2012 01:02 PM

How does this work? Once you plug in this to a TV and phone will automatically mirror to TV screen?

Galaxy Nexus would work with any TV that takes HDMI?

Thanks

greeknasty 01-11-2012 01:03 PM

you plug this to your nexus and then on the otehr side you plug your hdmi cord that is connected to your tv apparently its the new tech in phones

jdmst77 01-11-2012 01:05 PM

awesome cable but I'll wait till the price dropps

sunspotzsz 01-11-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmst77 (Post 46804054)
awesome cable but I'll wait till the price dropps

I still don't understand?

Once this thing is connected to TV, phone will automatic send video signal to TV?

greeknasty 01-11-2012 01:12 PM

ha just look at the photos man whats not to understand about it?
http://images2.monoprice.com/prod.../86752.jpg

1 side connects to the phone the other connects to your hdmi cord...

sunspotzsz 01-11-2012 01:18 PM

I understand the connection part. what i don't understand is why is the phone constantly sending video signal to mini usb without any software.

Plus, how do you know if works with Galaxy nexus?

gclc1216 01-11-2012 01:22 PM

delete

greeknasty 01-11-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunspotzsz (Post 46804474)
I understand the connection part. what i don't understand is why is the phone constantly sending video signal to mini usb without any software.

Plus, how do you know if works with Galaxy nexus?

just check this vid out..you dont need software
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENdJv_AI5vU

manoosie 01-11-2012 01:25 PM

$8.51 total for me. Thanks OP.

Puff601 01-11-2012 01:27 PM

im in for one of these as this is as cheap as ive ever saw, hell i might buy 2 lol. also, you guys are leaving out the fact that this has to be plugged into a power source as well... Luckily my tv has usb, hopefully thatll power it. the software is built in... I have the samsung epic touch btw

jdmst77 01-11-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunspotzsz (Post 46804184)
I still don't understand?

Once this thing is connected to TV, phone will automatic send video signal to TV?

your phone has to support MHL technology. Here is a list of phones that are MHL compatible as of November, 2011:
- Samsung Galaxy SII
- Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket
- Samsung Galaxy SII LTE
- Samsung Galaxy SII HD LTE
- Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch
- Samsung Galaxy Note
- Samsung Infuse 4G
- HTC Amaze 4G
- HTC Evo 3D
- HTC EVO View 4G
- HTC Flyer
- HTC Jetstream
- HTC Sensation 4G
- HTC Sensation XE
- HTC Resound

jdmst77 01-11-2012 01:34 PM

1.) Micro USB end of adapter to the phone.
2.) Micro USB Charging cable to the side of the adapter (you will see the cell phone charging once it is plugged in)
3.) HDMI Cable from the adapter to the TV
4.) Connect all 3 cables and reboot the phone.

Airliner 01-11-2012 01:35 PM

Will this work with the Galaxy S2?

Nevermind, I just saw the list.

Thanks!

jester666 01-11-2012 01:52 PM

MHL is a new type of connector. It looks like a micro-usb port, but it is not the same. It serves like an HDMI port, but can also provide power. They are starting to put it on newer phones, but not on many HDTVs yet. If your TV had an MHL port, you could watch a movie stored on your phone and charge it at the same time with a single cable.

pmkrieg 01-11-2012 01:54 PM

Would this work on hp touchpad (cm7)?

dzap 01-11-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jester666 (Post 46805486)
MHL is a new type of connector. It looks like a micro-usb port, but it is not the same. It serves like an HDMI port, but can also provide power. They are starting to put it on newer phones, but not on many HDTVs yet. If your TV had an MHL port, you could watch a movie stored on your phone and charge it at the same time with a single cable.

I rather buy an $8 adapter than a whole new TV honestly. MHL is a good idea...just needs way more adoption.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmkrieg (Post 46805534)
would this work on hp touchpad (cm7)?

no.

....

LG-G3 01-11-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cigga24 (Post 46803514)
Works for EVO 3D as well. The extra port for charging phone while connected to tv is cool.

The extra port isnt just there for charging the phone, power is required for the mhl adapter to work. Without power plugged in, it wont work.

nopuede 01-11-2012 02:04 PM

Thanks OP nice find. I thought I was SOL for outputting HDMI on my phone.

In for 2 for the Nexuses (Nexi?) in my house, plus a couple screen protectors for my old Thunderbolt and a 15 ft (!) micro USB cable for charging. Heard good things about Monoprice from a coworker but haven't ordered from them before, we'll see how they do.

bravesfan21 01-11-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotorolaAtrix2 (Post 46805578)
The extra port isnt just there for charging the phone, power is required for the mhl adapter to work. Without power plugged in, it wont work.

I have a Galaxy S2, which charges through the MHL/Micro USB port. Can I take my Micro USB wall charger and plug it into this device to power it?

dzap 01-11-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bravesfan21 (Post 46806018)
I have a Galaxy S2, which charges through the MHL/Micro USB port. Can I take my Micro USB wall charger and plug it into this device to power it?

Absolutely. That's exactly what you're supposed to do. :nod:

catch22alex 01-11-2012 02:25 PM

really cool cable. would work with my evo but don't see the need as there is a microhdmi and a microusb and i already have the microhdmi cord.

Thanks though!

jester666 01-11-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dzap (Post 46805548)
I rather buy an $8 adapter than a whole new TV honestly. MHL is a good idea...just needs way more adoption.


....

Totally agree, just trying to explain a little on what MHL offers. Would love to see faster adoption of MHL, but a cheap adapter is all you need now to output to any current HDTV with existing HDMI ports.

Monoprice also offers good quality products at great prices. Shipping can sometimes negate some of the saving, so I usually wait till a need a few things from them.

blackholez 01-11-2012 03:13 PM

Ugh I despise paying for shipping lol...

Monoprice $8.51 shipped
Overstock $7.49 (free shipping with club o trial)

Overstock MHL Adapter [overstock.com]

SuMtOnE 01-11-2012 03:13 PM

will this work with the LG ESTEEM currently with Metropcs?

VtAzn413 01-11-2012 03:14 PM

just wondering i have a battery case for my iphone 4 that has Micro USB will this work for me?

abstractj 01-11-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmkrieg (Post 46805534)
Would this work on hp touchpad (cm7)?

Nope, not unless some developer write a driver for Cyanogenmod.

Wooty 01-11-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dzap (Post 46805548)
I rather buy an $8 adapter than a whole new TV honestly. MHL is a good idea...just needs way more adoption.


no.

....

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wooty 01-11-2012 03:31 PM

will this work natively with webos for the hp touchpad?

ADD2SD 01-11-2012 03:32 PM

What's the difference from this one, besides price here [monoprice.com]

cut1cut2 01-11-2012 03:37 PM

Will this work with a Kindle Fire?

DeadCheap 01-11-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jester666 (Post 46807282)
Totally agree, just trying to explain a little on what MHL offers. Would love to see faster adoption of MHL, but a cheap adapter is all you need now to output to any current HDTV with existing HDMI ports.

Monoprice also offers good quality products at great prices. Shipping can sometimes negate some of the saving, so I usually wait till a need a few things from them.


I dont own this adapter yet, but my phone supports it. What I dont like about this adapter/connection is that it requires a third power connection to make it work. Too many wires, I want simplification not more cords.

mikelou26 01-11-2012 03:40 PM

is this the lowest it has been

DeadCheap 01-11-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADD2SD (Post 46808146)
What's the difference from this one, besides price here [monoprice.com]


The outer finish is the only difference I see, maybe a little better quality?

I would rather buy from monoprice than those you can get on ebay. I trust monoprice quality. Cheap stuffs are not made all equal.

skydivingcows 01-11-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADD2SD (Post 46808146)
What's the difference from this one, besides price here [monoprice.com]

I tried to figure that out myself. I bought the one you linked and tried it out Monday. It's a bit finicky (with Verizon Nexus) and loses connection every now and then when you're using the touchscreen. It required a micro-usb cable to be plugged into a power outlet. The tv recognized the device when I plugged it into the directv USB port but it only showed the video when it was powered through the outlet. I'm going to buy the $6 and see if there is any difference in quality.

dzap 01-11-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wooty (Post 46808132)
will this work natively with webos for the hp touchpad?

no.
Quote:

Originally Posted by cut1cut2 (Post 46808238)
will this work with a kindle fire?

no.

DeadCheap 01-11-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skydivingcows (Post 46808350)
I tried to figure that out myself. I bought the one you linked and tried it out Monday. It's a bit finicky (with Verizon Nexus) and loses connection every now and then when you're using the touchscreen. It required a micro-usb cable to be plugged into a power outlet. The tv recognized the device when I plugged it into the directv USB port but it only showed the video when it was powered through the outlet. I'm going to buy the $6 and see if there is any difference in quality.


Maybe you got a bad adapter? maybe ask for a replacement from mono. Thanks for the review. I'll go ahead and order the cheaper one. :D

skydivingcows 01-11-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadCheap (Post 46808446)
Maybe you got a bad adapter? maybe ask for a replacement from mono. Thanks for the review. I'll go ahead and order the cheaper one. :D

I was wondering that myself. I never could figure out why it kept dropping the connection. It snaps in easily with the hdmi and miscro-usb into the phone. Appeared to be the micro-usb since if I pressed it into the phone it would always connect again. If you were controlling the unit with BT or not touching it, it wouldn't be a problem though. I'm a bit surprised this isn't on the FP. I doubt you'll see any of these any cheaper from a reputable seller again anytime soon. Since you are paying for shipping, just add on a few cables that you might need such as HDMI or micro-usb. I've bought over 20 cables from them and haven't had a lemon yet. Their shipping was great. I ordered after noon on Friday and it arrived on Monday; I had ordered priority though sicne it was only about a buck more at the time.

DeadCheap 01-11-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skydivingcows (Post 46808624)
I was wondering that myself. I never could figure out why it kept dropping the connection. It snaps in easily with the hdmi and miscro-usb into the phone. Appeared to be the micro-usb since if I pressed it into the phone it would always connect again. If you were controlling the unit with BT or not touching it, it wouldn't be a problem though. I'm a bit surprised this isn't on the FP. I doubt you'll see any of these any cheaper from a reputable seller again anytime soon. their shipping was great. I ordered after noon on Friday and it arrived on Monday; I had ordered priority though sicne it was only about a buck more at the time.


Sounds like a connection issue. I went ahead and ordered one. Have no use for it, but just in case. Now that I think about it, I might have bought one months ago. Damn my crappy memory, oh well. I live only a few miles away, so I'm assuming it should get here tomorrow or Friday.

ADD2SD 01-11-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skydivingcows (Post 46808350)
I tried to figure that out myself. I bought the one you linked and tried it out Monday. It's a bit finicky (with Verizon Nexus) and loses connection every now and then when you're using the touchscreen. It required a micro-usb cable to be plugged into a power outlet. The tv recognized the device when I plugged it into the directv USB port but it only showed the video when it was powered through the outlet. I'm going to buy the $6 and see if there is any difference in quality.

same here, Im going to pick up both tomorrow (local pickup) and see which works best :)
Thanks

Reg202 01-11-2012 04:17 PM

nice. I paid $14 about 2 months ago. works well

smoothang21 01-11-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greeknasty (Post 46803274)
for all my nexus buddies here you go...works with other newer phones also

http://www.monoprice.com/products...cification

Micro USB to HDMI® MHL Adapter - Black

Features:

Gold plated HDMI® female connector in one end
Micro USB female connector in side for charging/power
Micro USB male connector on end of 3 1/2" cable


Dimensions:

2 1/32" long (2 9/32" including cable boot)
1 1/8" wide
17/32" thick


What i dont get is whats the point of using this cable for your phone when now days everything you can do is off your laptop or right on your tv already. I have WiDi and its basically the same even better.

Pedantyc 01-11-2012 04:25 PM

Only time I can see using this is if I am in a hotel and want to stream stuff without lugging around a laptop. Good enough reason though I suppose.

smoothang21 01-11-2012 04:26 PM

And thats considering if you are always at a hotel or if the hotel even has hdmi inputs.

yankdez 01-11-2012 04:26 PM

does this just mirror video, or does audio come through as well?????????

edit: item description page says video and audio

hani1234 01-11-2012 04:32 PM

is there one without the power cable?

TheSawg 01-11-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankdez (Post 46809394)
does this just mirror video, or does audio come through as well?????????

The Mobile High-Definition Link (MHL) is a new standard for use with tablets and smartphones. It sends the audio and video signals through the micro USB connector and converts it to an HDMI® signal for use on HDTVs. The signal remains in digital format throughout the entire transmission and conversion process, so no quality is lost.

mD- 01-11-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoothang21 (Post 46809306)
What i dont get is whats the point of using this cable for your phone when now days everything you can do is off your laptop or right on your tv already. I have WiDi and its basically the same even better.

It's very portable and it's great if you have a lot of videos already loaded on to your advice. Also, you can do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2oZkKYtTYM

Boom, portable gaming console in the palm of your hands (you can connect bluetooth controllers to it if your device is rooted. The PS3 controller is a bluetooth controller. Same with Wii).


Or if rooted (I think), you can connect a wireless keyboard and mouse to your phone use it as a functional computer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7mX8YffN8g

All screw monoprice, I JUST brought one of these for $10s the other day...

sundriedtomato 01-11-2012 04:38 PM

Cheaper now
 
Wow, thanks. Half year ago, these MHL cable were around $30-50, now it's down to $8-15. That's great to know. Thanks.

I'll need one for my Evo 3D. eBay has these for ~$9 shipped, Mono has these for $6 but the shipping kills it, $13.xx shipped is a bit more than I wish. But I wonder the quality from eBay. Pics looks the same as some of the ebay items.

I bought some mini-USB from eBay, 3 out of 5 broke after 6 mo.

seoultrain 01-11-2012 04:38 PM

Just saw this separately on another site. Monoprice also has their 6 foot HDMI cable on sale for 3.50. Got both for $13.37 shipped.

Dave89 01-11-2012 04:39 PM

Hate to ask since everyone is asking but would this work on a regular HTC EVO 4G, not 3D?

ssudarshan75 01-11-2012 04:40 PM

Will this work on Galaxy S2? Believe so unless someone says it wont!

chasemyaccord 01-11-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmst77 (Post 46804866)
your phone has to support MHL technology. Here is a list of phones that are MHL compatible as of November, 2011:
- Samsung Galaxy SII
- Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket
- Samsung Galaxy SII LTE
- Samsung Galaxy SII HD LTE
- Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch
- Samsung Galaxy Note
- Samsung Infuse 4G
- HTC Amaze 4G
- HTC Evo 3D
- HTC EVO View 4G
- HTC Flyer
- HTC Jetstream
- HTC Sensation 4G
- HTC Sensation XE
- HTC Resound

I think there's a few phones missing from that list. I thought Samsung Captivate & Fascinate could do video out (as well as other Galaxy S phones)?

boosterjm 01-11-2012 04:42 PM

Is samsung galaxy 2 or rocket available free anywhere with new 2 year contract?

syco123 01-11-2012 04:42 PM

I just bought this exact item from monoprice last week for $10.20. Which is still a good price for an MHL adapter so this price is very, very good!

There is a USB port on my Blu-Ray player for an accessory and I use it to power the MHL adapter (with a USB to micro USB cord). Then one end goes into my ET4G (aka Galaxy S2 - Sprint) and the other into the HDMI in on the B-R player. B-R HDMI out goes to projector (or TV. Select whatever input you plugged it into and whatever is playing on the phone is on the screen and the sound is on all the speakers. Go full screen on the phone and it goes full screen on the TV.

When my wife walked in all she said was "wow!" It's very cool and this is a great price. I might get another one just to have as a spare.

DisturbedAle 01-11-2012 04:46 PM

Damnit, this "new" MHL makes me want to upgrade my MT4G... :(

kechinbou! 01-11-2012 04:48 PM

Got one. Thx OP!

afunguy26 01-11-2012 04:58 PM

I might get one, but I need all those other long cables, hdmi, mini usb.

audioscience 01-11-2012 04:59 PM

In for one as well. Thanks!

Required 01-11-2012 05:03 PM

Good deal! Thanks!

hooha23 01-11-2012 05:05 PM

how is it different from this one?

http://www.monoprice.com/products...1&format=2

Spider210 01-11-2012 05:08 PM

whats the difference http://www.monoprice.com/products...1&format=2

hooha23 01-11-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hooha23 (Post 46810274)
how is it different from this one?

http://www.monoprice.com/products...1&format=2

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spider210 (Post 46810350)

its like your in my BRAIN!

player911 01-11-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hooha23 (Post 46810378)
its like your in my BRAIN!

Most of those are all the same but you have to be careful when buying. Some are cheaper then others. Some of the cheaper ones don't have an additional power plug, which means you'll be running off batteries the whole time.

MHL is designed to draw power from a MHL Compliant TV (which 98% aren't yet). So make sure you get one with an additional power plug.

Also I was looking at random junk on ebay and I swore I saw them cheaper ($4.99) with free shipping.

In reality with buying these things, unless you just want to toy with it for a minute, do your homework. There are lots of forums where some do and don't work. Make sure what you buy will ACTUALLY work with your device. They're all standard but for some reason some work while others do not. I've read about a few duds.

UltimateIdiot91 01-11-2012 05:31 PM

For those who are not sure if their phones have MHL, please go to http://www.gsmarena.com/ and find your phone.

Look for "- TV-out (via MHL A/V link)" under feature. If it's not listed, then your phone does not support it.

dnique1221 01-11-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hooha23 (Post 46810274)
how is it different from this one?

http://www.monoprice.com/products...1&format=2

As I stated earlier in the thread......the one in your link is the newer version. They are exactly the same.

Spider210 01-11-2012 05:57 PM

guess i'll try one for my new nexus

greeknasty 01-11-2012 07:44 PM

im pretty sure most phones released the last few months or so have this technology(unless of course you have a seperate hdmi port)

hooha23 01-11-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnique1221 (Post 46811198)
As I stated earlier in the thread......the one in your link is the newer version. They are exactly the same.

Newer version, but exactly the same.

YOU CAN'T EXPLAIN THAT

dnique1221 01-11-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hooha23 (Post 46813776)
Newer version, but exactly the same.

YOU CAN'T EXPLAIN THAT

damn dude, take it easy..i am giving you the answer the tech. guy from monoprice gave me.....take 2 minutes out of your own damn life and ask monoprice yourself! ungrateful!

hooha23 01-11-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnique1221 (Post 46813888)
damn dude, take it easy..i am giving you the answer the tech. guy from monoprice gave me.....take 2 minutes out of your own damn life and ask monoprice yourself! ungrateful!

....I guess you don't check reddit huh?

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/bil...plain-that

:wave: :highfive:

xupru 01-12-2012 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoothang21 (Post 46809306)
What i dont get is whats the point of using this cable for your phone when now days everything you can do is off your laptop or right on your tv already. I have WiDi and its basically the same even better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Somesort (Post 46809326)
Only time I can see using this is if I am in a hotel and want to stream stuff without lugging around a laptop. Good enough reason though I suppose.

The idea is for ultra portability as well as an extra option/function for the more advanced phones that keep coming out these days. I never had any intent on actually using this function but picked up 1 as well as that 6 foot cable for the low price.

Hotel idea is actually great, I'll keep that in mind for traveling. I personally don't even have cable at home, so streaming episodes/downloaded episodes from my phone is probably a great way to use the tv.



Quote:

Originally Posted by mD- (Post 46809646)
It's very portable and it's great if you have a lot of videos already loaded on to your advice. Also, you can do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2oZkKYtTYM

Boom, portable gaming console in the palm of your hands (you can connect bluetooth controllers to it if your device is rooted. The PS3 controller is a bluetooth controller. Same with Wii).


Or if rooted (I think), you can connect a wireless keyboard and mouse to your phone use it as a functional computer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7mX8YffN8g

All screw monoprice, I JUST brought one of these for $10s the other day...

One of the reasons I was so excited for the Nexus was the compatibility with bluetooth controllers, it seems like people are assuming you need root for it which is slightly upsetting, but I intend to do that eventually anyways.

I was just curious which games you've managed to put on the Nexus to warrant such controllers? I haven't found any legit games to use the options yet.

UltimateIdiot91 01-12-2012 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xupru (Post 46824460)
The idea is for ultra portability as well as an extra option/function for the more advanced phones that keep coming out these days. I never had any intent on actually using this function but picked up 1 as well as that 6 foot cable for the low price.

Hotel idea is actually great, I'll keep that in mind for traveling. I personally don't even have cable at home, so streaming episodes/downloaded episodes from my phone is probably a great way to use the tv.





One of the reasons I was so excited for the Nexus was the compatibility with bluetooth controllers, it seems like people are assuming you need root for it which is slightly upsetting, but I intend to do that eventually anyways.

I was just curious which games you've managed to put on the Nexus to warrant such controllers? I haven't found any legit games to use the options yet.

The one game that I'm almost certain that work is GTA3. I haven't had time to sync my PS3 controller to test that out yet but hopefully soon.

Edit:
http://www.xda-developers.com/and...r-gta-iii/

OrangeJulius 01-12-2012 08:45 AM

Great find; I was ready to drop $15-20 on one of these a couple weeks ago, but held off in case it dropped. Thanks, and repped.

EpicFX 01-12-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seoultrain (Post 46809688)
Just saw this separately on another site. Monoprice also has their 6 foot HDMI cable on sale for 3.50. Got both for $13.37 shipped.

Just did the same exact thing. Hard to beat.

Pedantyc 01-12-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xupru (Post 46824460)
I was just curious which games you've managed to put on the Nexus to warrant such controllers? I haven't found any legit games to use the options yet.


Only thought I had was using game emulators. PSX games play fairly well as do SNES and NES. It is really hard to play Mario with touch screen controls.

pchun3 01-12-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackholez (Post 46807722)
Ugh I despise paying for shipping lol...

Monoprice $8.51 shipped
Overstock $7.49 (free shipping with club o trial)

Overstock MHL Adapter [overstock.com]


Overstock is now at $7.99 FS.
Which is better than Monoprice for me especially getting taxed in California (in addition to shipping).

tpaxadpom 01-12-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pchun3 (Post 46832528)
Overstock is now at $7.99 FS.
Which is better than Monoprice for me especially getting taxed in California (in addition to shipping).

hm... I think I missed the deal. It's $10.20 plus the shipping cost. Is there a coupon or was it $6.80 with free shipping special?

bibb 01-12-2012 01:44 PM

Any chance the Galaxy YP-G70CW has MHL? I would say no.

keane007 01-12-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tpaxadpom (Post 46833454)
hm... I think I missed the deal. It's $10.20 plus the shipping cost. Is there a coupon or was it $6.80 with free shipping special?

you did miss it. no coupon. it was a fixed price + SH... before the SD effect shocked their site.:lol:

jse7en 01-12-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pchun3 (Post 46832528)
Overstock is now at $7.99 FS.
Which is better than Monoprice for me especially getting taxed in California (in addition to shipping).

how do you get free shipping w/out the Club O trial?

dzap 01-12-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasemyaccord (Post 46809750)
I think there's a few phones missing from that list. I thought Samsung Captivate & Fascinate could do video out (as well as other Galaxy S phones)?

Hahahahaha...no. MHL is a new standard introduced only on the Galaxy SII series (no Galaxy S devices support it).

The original Galaxy S series supported TV out via composite only. And that..only through the audio jack no microUSB.

I believe the Fascinate was bastardized by Verizon though (worst Galaxy S phone in existence) and they even took that out

It's on the Captivate but Verizon, being their usual self, took it out completely from the hardware.

To this day, developers are still trying to get it to work....it's no wonder why Verizon recalled that piece of crap.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/s...p?t=963998

Nblufire12 01-12-2012 07:47 PM

i think im going to buy the samsung one off amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-MHL...=pd_cp_e_2

chasemyaccord 01-12-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dzap (Post 46843974)
Hahahahaha...no. MHL is a new standard introduced only on the Galaxy SII series (no Galaxy S devices support it).

The original Galaxy S series supported TV out via composite only. And that..only through the audio jack no microUSB.

I believe the Fascinate was bastardized by Verizon though (worst Galaxy S phone in existence) and they even took that out

It's on the Captivate but Verizon, being their usual self, took it out completely from the hardware.

To this day, developers are still trying to get it to work....it's no wonder why Verizon recalled that piece of crap.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/s...p?t=963998

Oh wow, good find. I always thought it worked via microUSB, didn't know it was through the audio jack. Thanks for the info, repped!

Zanthexter 01-12-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bibb (Post 46835908)
Any chance the Galaxy YP-G70CW has MHL? I would say no.

If a Google search is too hard to manage, then so is the adapter.

Akatsushi 01-14-2012 10:21 PM

How do I get this to work with the flyer? I tried it on my HTC Amaze and it works fine, but when I try it with the HTC Flyer it doesn't want to work at all D:

ssudarshan75 01-17-2012 05:13 PM

I have a Tmobile galaxy S2, got the adapter today but when i hook it up to the TV no signal is being transmitted? Any settings to be changed?
EDIT: it needs power thr the micro usb port..netflix display appears slightly choppy!

redhare3 01-28-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltimateIdiot91 (Post 46810870)
For those who are not sure if their phones have MHL, please go to http://www.gsmarena.com/ and find your phone.

Look for "- TV-out (via MHL A/V link)" under feature. If it's not listed, then your phone does not support it.

that site blows. its super cluttered. i can't find the link. why don't you put the link on here

nameloc 01-28-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanthexter (Post 46848004)
Quote:

Originally Posted by redhare3 (Post 47258250)
that site blows. its super cluttered. i can't find the link. why don't you put the link on here

If a Google search is too hard to manage, then so is the adapter.

See above.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:09 AM.


1999-2014