Slickdeals.net

Slickdeals.net (http://slickdeals.net/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   $150 Cashback with New American Express Blue Cash Preferred Credit Card Approval After Spending $1000 in 3 Months (http://slickdeals.net/f/3960030-150-cashback-with-new-american-express-blue-cash-preferred-credit-card-approval-after-spending-1000-in-3-months)

kapslock001 02-17-2012 12:57 AM

$150 Cashback with New American Express Blue Cash Preferred Credit Card Approval After Spending $1000 in 3 Months
 
$150 Cashback with New American Express Blue Cash Preferred Credit Card Approval After Spending $1000 in 3 Months

Offer Valid till 02/28/2012

Apply Now [americanexpress.com]

Everyday purchases can really add up. (To a lot of cash back.)
With the Blue Cash PreferredSM Card from American Express.

• Get 6% cash back at supermarkets
• Get 3% cash back at gas stations and department stores
• Get 1% cash back everywhere else

Start with $150 cash back

More Cardmember benefits include:

Unlimited cash back on your purchases
With the Blue Cash Preferred Card, there's no spend minimum and no enrollment required, so you can start earning cash back right away. And with no rotating categories, use your Card for all your purchases and you can earn unlimited Reward Dollars. Redeem Reward Dollars for cash back, or choose from gift cards or merchandise.

Suite of travel and shopping protections
With your Blue Cash Preferred Card, enjoy access to a suite of shopping and travel protections, like Purchase Protection, Extended Warranty, Global Assist® Hotline, Travel Accident Insurance, and more.

Plus, receive a 0% introductory APR on purchases for 12 months. After that, your APR will be a variable rate, currently 17.24%–22.24%.9

Apply now through above mentioned link by February 28, 2012 to receive this special offer and more, for an annual fee of $75.

Kaducii 02-17-2012 01:24 AM

Wow this seems like a pretty good rewards card.
There's a $75 annual fee so the first $1250 of groceries or $2500 gas/department store breaks you even.

kapslock001 02-17-2012 11:31 AM

Yes. It's a great deal and Amex is giving $150 as a bonus which will cover 2 years fee and we can enjoy these cash back percentages...

hjohn06 02-17-2012 11:59 AM

If it didn't have the annual fee, it would probably be a decent card to have just for grocery. But unless you are super heavy spender, the bonuses from the other cards are far more appealing, like the 300 bonus from the chase card. In order for you to end up with 300 after one year. So $150 bonus - $75 = $75. $300 - $75 = $225. At the top category of 6%, you would need to buy $3750 of grocery in a year. Also, if you are buying that much grocery in a year, then I imagine you would be buy a lot of it from a superstore and warehouse clubs, which are excluded from the category.

in the fine print:
6% for eligible purchases at supermarkets (excluding superstores and warehouse clubs)

kapslock001 02-17-2012 12:46 PM

True. And there are many offers in the market even from Chase and American Express which provides $600 benefits as a bonus. This card is for whom who wants to have it for Supermarkets, Superstores, Warehouse Clubs and Gas.

kapslock001 02-18-2012 10:56 PM

This card offers an outstanding 6% cash back on all purchases from grocery stores. It did not take many credit card holders long to figure out that they could better reap this benefit by purchasing other merchants’ gift cards at the supermarket... :)

koth 02-18-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapslock001 (Post 47816220)
This card offers an outstanding 6% cash back on all purchases from grocery stores. It did not take many credit card holders long to figure out that they could better reap this benefit by purchasing other merchants’ gift cards at the supermarket... :)

like Amazon? :D

kapslock001 02-18-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koth (Post 47816358)
like Amazon? :D

Yeah!!..:)..I am using 6% in this way and then i spend my gift cards or cash cards later..so all 6%..:)

tennisplayer888 02-18-2012 11:17 PM

Are there any Amex cards w/ no annual fee? I wanna have one of all 3 big companies... Amex, Discover, and Visa. I already have 2 of the 3.

kapslock001 02-18-2012 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennisplayer123 (Post 47816384)
Are there any Amex cards w/ no annual fee? I wanna have one of all 3 big companies... Amex, Discover, and Visa. I already have 2 of the 3.

Yes there are but then benefits will get reduced. For Ex- There is one amex card Blue Cash Everyday Card :

Get 3% cash back at supermarkets, 2% back at gas stations and department stores, and 1% everywhere else.

No Annual Fee

0% APR for 6 months. After that, your APR will be a variable rate, currently 17.24%, 20.24% or 22.24%

dzap 02-18-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennisplayer123 (Post 47816384)
Are there any Amex cards w/ no annual fee? I wanna have one of all 3 big companies... Amex, Discover, and Visa. I already have 2 of the 3.

..what..Discover is bigger than MasterCard to you? Hope you never travel outside the US then :lol:

tennisplayer888 02-18-2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dzap (Post 47816500)
..what..Discover is bigger than MasterCard to you? Hope you never travel outside the US then :lol:

I travel to China once in a while, but either way I spend cash the most. CC fees around the world add up. I want something that is significant in the USA, and Mastercard just does not cut it for me, that and Capitol One.

kapslock001 02-18-2012 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennisplayer123 (Post 47816668)
I travel to China once in a while, but either way I spend cash the most. CC fees around the world add up. I want something that is significant in the USA, and Mastercard just does not cut it for me, that and Capitol One.

There is another card, HiltonHonors which doesn't have annual fee:

Earn up to 40,000 Hilton HHonors® Bonus Points and start enjoying free nights at over 3,000 Hilton Worldwide portfolio of brands.

APR on Purchases : A variable rate, currently 15.24%, 17.24% or 19.24%

Earn 6 HHonors Bonus Points for every eligible dollar spent
When you use your Card at Hilton Worldwide portfolio of brands, supermarkets, drugstores, and gas stations — and to pay wireless, home phone, Internet, cable, and satellite TV bills.

tennisplayer888 02-19-2012 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapslock001 (Post 47816756)
There is another card, HiltonHonors which doesn't have annual fee:

Earn up to 40,000 Hilton HHonors® Bonus Points and start enjoying free nights at over 3,000 Hilton Worldwide portfolio of brands.

APR on Purchases : A variable rate, currently 15.24%, 17.24% or 19.24%

Earn 6 HHonors Bonus Points for every eligible dollar spent
When you use your Card at Hilton Worldwide portfolio of brands, supermarkets, drugstores, and gas stations — and to pay wireless, home phone, Internet, cable, and satellite TV bills.

The Blue Cash looks good, I am not a big fan of staying at Hotels. As well, I don't really care about the rates as I always pay it off at the end of the month.

koth 02-19-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapslock001 (Post 47816374)
Yeah!!..:)..I am using 6% in this way and then i spend my gift cards or cash cards later..so all 6%..:)

I am using my target card to get 5% off on my amazon gc. 6% is even better :drool:

kapslock001 02-19-2012 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koth (Post 47833960)
I am using my target card to get 5% off on my amazon gc. 6% is even better :drool:

Great!!..Can you post about your Target Card?..Does it have any joining bonus, annual fee etc.?

koth 02-21-2012 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapslock001 (Post 47836244)
Great!!..Can you post about your Target Card?..Does it have any joining bonus, annual fee etc.?

there is really nothing special about the target red card. It is just a store CC which give 5% discount

https://redcard.target.com/redcard/rc_main.jsp

There is no join in bonus as i sign up, no annual fee as i know of either.

esquire415 02-27-2012 07:05 PM

Basically, you get 3% more cashback with the Amex Blue Preferred if you have the Amazon Chase Visa card which give you 3% on Amazon purchases. If you have the Citi Forward (5% CB) then the Amex card gives you 1% more in Amazon purchases.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:06 PM.


1999-2014